the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tunnel

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Tunnel - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tunnel

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Ivy
I sighed, lingering behind for a moment before unwillingly tearing my eyes from the sunset following after her. Wait... the sunset. Crap. "Tanya, dinner, we're late!" I breathed, kicking off my shoes and grabbing them before taking the steps two at a time. So much for avoiding a beating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Isaac

I stepped into the bedroom behind Cass, looking around. Then he pulled something out of the closet. I honestly had no clue what it was. "To be quite frank, I Haven't the slightest idea what the hell that is." I stared at it, trying to figure it out. Looked kind of like a really long shirt or something. But who the hell would need a shirt that long.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Shinon

Ah. The deserted bathroom. A great place to hide and just...get away. I know it must seem unusual. I mean, of all places, why hide in a bathroom? It is the safest. At least, the safest place I have found so far. Hardly anyone comes into this one. Gives me some time to think things over.

So I was sitting in a stall, leaning against the wall when a group came. About three guys, I guessed. I went completely silent and listened. If it is rare for even just one person to come in here, it's even rarer for a group.

I managed to peek under the stall, and I almost couldn't believe what I saw next. A hidden passage. I had been hanging out in this bathroom for almost as long as I could remember. Yet I never knew there was a passage there.

I don't like crowds. In fact, I tend to stay away from most people. But a secret passage? There has got to be something good there. Maybe a way out of this hellhole. Away from all the teachers and repetitive activities.

I waited a long while, maybe thirty minutes, just to make sure I wouldn't get caught easily by the group of guys who went before. Yeah, I will probably get my ass kicked for wandering the castle again...but it might be worth it.
So I crawled out of the stall and stood up, then entered the passage, making sure to close the door behind me so no one followed. I walked silently, my footsteps barely audible.

Amber

Ugh. I hate this place.

I guess everyone thinks I'm some goody two shoes, just 'cause I don't sneak off or do anything I'm told not to. But that's a pure survival instinct. I don't like getting beaten. Some of the other girls think I just LOVE aaaall the teachers. But that ain't true. I have a few friends, though... Ivy and Tanya are pretty cool. But everyone else? They pretty much avoid me. Not that I mind, but it would still be nice to hang out with the others.

I sat at one of the creaky tables, playing with my food, not really even paying attention to it. I had been right on time for dinner, like always. Yet I almost never eat. It was interesting how many people were late for dinner.
....why? Do they want a beating?
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Gerad stared at the strange article of clothing that Cass held up then looked into the closet to see where he got it. "Check this out. There's more of them....what kind of ninny would wear something like this?"
Cass gave a slight shrug and gave a tilt of the head as he looked over the lace and the print and the colors. It looked...not...manly. He didn't exactly have a word for what it looked like, but whatever it was, it wasn't something he'd wear.

Tanya-

Shit. I followed after her quickly then pulled her aside as we reached the hall entrance. "Look, I'll go first. You sneak into the dinner hall while they are distracted, ok?" After all, I was the one that had gotten her late in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Ivy
I scanned her face carefully, slipping on my shoes. I could still see the welts all over her, it's not like the remainder of her uniform covered much. And I could of sworn that was dried blood in her hair line... She had had enough beatings in the last twenty four hours. I could take a turn.
"Sorry, hun, can't leave Bethany girlfriendless, now can we?" And with that I shoved her into a crevice and dramatically entered the dinning hall, making a show to be out of breath. "Oh my God! I'm late! I'm so sorry!"
And the whole dinner hall stopped mid bite and turned to stare at me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Isaac

"Idunno. But those things are weird. Can't imagine anybody would wanna wear something like that. Maybe whoever lived here was crazy..." I pushed off the thought of exactly who it was that had lived here, and more importantly, why they didn't anymore. Not my problem, really... all that matters is that nobody lives here, so nobody to yell at us.
I looked around the room a bit. The whole room looked a bit weird. I couldn't even imagine what kind of guy would've wanted to live in a room like this. I stepped out into the hall and peeked my head into the opposite room. This one seemed a bit better.
"I call this one!" I said over my shoulder as I stepped into the room. I went over and leaned against the windowsill, taking a cigarette out of my shoe.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Amber

I quickly looked up, seeing Ivy run straight into the dinner hall. That was stupid of her. And...then she yelled. Even more stupid. She was already covered with enough bruises as it is, and now she goes and does something like this. She must be planning something. Interrupting dinner like that...I can hardly even imagine what will happen to her.

I licked my lips and looked around at everyone, most of their faces either amused or covered in shock. I wanted to say something. Ya know, stand up for her so she wouldn't get smacked right then and there. But there is no way I'm gonna get myself beaten by sticking up for her. So I stayed silent, looking back down at my food. Yeah, Ivy's my friend. Sorta. ...I think. But I plan on keeping myself safe. Even if...even if that means letting down a friend. I don't like pain...
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Shinon

I followed the others, keeping my distance and walking slowly through the tunnel. I eventually ended up behind a door. ....Go on in, or stay out? I need to see what's behind this door. Even if it's just someplace boring, it is better than hiding in a run down bathroom for most of the day. And what would I even say? "Hey guys, I kinda hid in the stall and followed you through the secret passage. Like a stalker. You cool with that?"

Yeah. Not going to happen. They might freak out. Hardly anyone knows I exist anyway, I'm just the 'Asian guy that walks around sometimes'.

So...I stood there. A bit awkwardly, since I was basically eavesdropping. I thought it over. Don't want to turn back, because it is probably close to dinner time. Would just get punished. So might as well head on in.

I took a deep breath and opened the door, stepping quietly inside a sort of house. It took me a while to register everything. This place seemed so much more...relaxed than the castle. I shut the door behind me, careful not to make too much noise.
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Cass and Gerad poked their heads into the room, but Cass soon retreated and went back to looking. Gerad raised a brow and watched him for a moment before glancing out the window. "Cool huh? I mean that there's a place outside the castle."

Tanya-

I grimaced slightly as she shoved me and frowned. "Damnit Ivy," I hissed as I watched her. It wasn't like I could do anything now, they were all swarming towards her. Great. She was gonna get her ass kicked and it was going to be my fault. Just what I needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Isaac

I took out the lighter and lit my cigarette, taking a long drag, before answering him. This was what I needed. This right here. The relief. The escape. With all the crap the teachers put us through on a daily basis, smoking was really my only escape. I could feel my muscles start to relax a bit as I took another drag. I was careful not to blow the smoke Gerad's way, a lot of people don't much like the smell... I loved it though.
I stared out the window, into the forest. "Yeah... s'nice. Means there is something out there besides the castle... and that the older boys who leave actually get to go somewhere, and that they don't just get tossed in the furnace or something." I honestly don't know where I had heard that one, but there were plenty of crazy rumors about what happened to the guys that had left the school.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Ivy
I have been beaten many times in my life. Its rather unavoidable here, no matter how much you kiss ass. So really this was nothing new. I felt the first the first blow before I saw it, and I didn't fight it as I was knocked to the floor. I wrapped my arms around my head and tensed for the following blows. But... there were none.
No, I guess the dinning hall was no place to raise your fist to someone, after all, we were ladies. Then just as I dared to peer out of my arms, I heard the distinct sound of an uncurling whip whizzle through the air.
Crap.

Three painful lashings later I was shoved up and over to my table.
The dining hall bursted back to life, gossip and chatter filling the air.

Last edited by Ella Rose on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Gerad gave a small nod as he listened. "Perhaps...perhaps this means we don't have to wait until we are older to leave," he said quietly.
"Dude....you guys gotta come see this." Cass's voice echoed from the third floor.

Tanya-

I slid in next to Ivy, pushing her tray in front of her. "Shoulda just let me take them," I muttered, picking at my tray. "But...you'll be happy to know your shoving unearthed something." I wasn't one to linger on pitty, nor give much of it. I felt bad, sure, but she was the one that had shoved me so it's not like I could have done anything. Especially since it took me forever to get up and out of that hole what with all my bumps, bruises, and headaches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Ivy
I accepted the tray, glancing up at her then digging into my pathetic meal. "Oh?" I raised a brow, picking apart a roll of bread. She got in okay. That was a relief. That whip saw enough action tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Tanya-

"Mhm," I said as I finally just shoved my tray at her, not feeling even remotely hungry. "A tunnel hidden in the wall."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Ivy
I felt my mouth unhinge at her words. "A... what?" I dropped the roll and edged closer, completely ignoring our food. "... You hit your head again, didn't you?" I grumbled, looking her over. "And I didn't even push you /that/ hard this time."

Last edited by Ella Rose on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Tanya-

I glanced at her and frowned. She was so sucking at keeping this casual. "Well...yes I did hit my head but I swear to you, I fell into a tunnel." I held up a piece of my skirt that was covered in mud. "See? Water leaked in there when people mopped just before dinner...I'm surprised we didn't kill ourselves running across that floor."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:33 pm

Ivy
I furrowed my brows, thinking this over. Tanya wasn't the type of person to lie, so there were only two plausible explanations. One- she hit her really hard again and the brain damage was back. Or two- she really did find a tunnel.
Well... only one way to find out.
"...Alright. Show me. After dinner. But first"-I pushed her plate back toward her-" eat."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Tanya-

I frowned as she shoved the tray at me, trying to not wince at the awful hellish noise it made as it slid across the table. "I-" I was about to protest when Bethany came storming over to me.
"You were late! I told you not to be late!" She continued to yell at me and I looked her square in the eyes.
"I don't love you," I said, cutting her off mid-sentence.
"What?"
"I don't love you, now will you please let me eat in piece without your hellish bitching all the time?"
Bethany stared at me in shock and absolute horror. It wasn't my fault she couldn't take the truth. She turned on her heel and ran, crying her eyes out the whole way. Sure, I felt bad she was crying, but Gaia did it make me feel better. I then turned back to Ivy as if nothing had happened while the rest of the world seemed to stare at me as if I was the biggest jerk in the world. Perhaps I was, but did I care? No. I shoved my tray back at her. "You need it more."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Ivy
I blinked at the scene then let pass without mention.
I looked at the food and crinkled my nose. "I'm not hungry anymore." I gently nudged it back to Tanya, giving her a smile before grabbing a napkin and dabbing at cut across my brow. "Where do you think it leads?"

Last edited by Ella Rose on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:58 pm

Amber

I couldn't help wincing when the whip came out. That must suck...be a pain on the back. I saw Tanya and Ivy sit down not too far away from me, and I guess I couldn't help listening in. I sighed and started to walk over, only to almost get knocked over by Tanya's partner. I could never remember her name...something with a 'B'. I just sorta stood around awkwardly as they talked, then watched as the girl brushed past me, crying her eyes out.
That's why I don't bother with partnerships, I guess. The whole love thing. I had kissed a few girls, but ...I dunno. Can't really explain it. Things didn't click, they didn't seem right. And I don't want to be tied down to a partner only to have to say that dreadful "I don't love you." and then watch them run off.

I tentatively walked closer and sat in a chair next to Tanya and Ivy, then set my food in front of me. "How bout you both eat? You guys are too skinny. ...and what's this talk about a tunnel?" I said softly, my voice slightly accented. I could never really tell what my accent was, though. Something...Frenchy, or maybe British. No clue.
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:03 am

Tanya-

I sighed and ripped off part of my dress and used it to wrap around Ivy's head. "Great fashion statement," I muttered as I tied it off. I then glanced at Amber and gave a small smirk. "I think a better term is petite in physic," I said with a wink. "And I'm not sure...but there was a draft so I know it leads out somewhere."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:15 am

Ivy
I crinkled my nose, picking at the wrap she tied over my head. "Thanks," I replied dryly.
"Think it's where they take the others? The ones that disappear?"
I frowned at my plate and began to pick apart the bread roll again, dumping the crumbs into some sort of unidentifiable mush. Half the food here should not be labeled edible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:20 am

Amber

I watched Ivy pick the piece of bread apart, my elbows propped up on the table and my head in my hands. ...at least I think that's bread. Every "food" item here looked too funky for my taste. I only eat when I'm, like, starving.
Anyway.

A tunnel. I don't want to go in there...cause then I'll just get into trouble later. But then again, I kinda do wanna go. Some random hidden passage in a giant, evil castle full of crazy adults seemed almost too good to be true. Maybe they won't even find us if we do go. I mean, it would be...nice to get a private place to hang out. Get away from all the drama with the other girls.
"Well...whatever it is, I think it's worth a look," I said slowly. And Ivy had a good question. I always wondered where the others went when they just dissapeared.
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 am

Tanya-

I shook my head and stared at my tray. "Nah, it hasn't been used in forever. There's cobwebs all over in there." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair and looked at them both. "I say we go after dinner."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:49 am

Ivy
I causally glanced around to make sure no teachers were near and leaned closer. "you sure about this? What if it leads us to a teachers den or something?" Its not that I didn't want to go check out said mysterious tunnel, especially after finding that tower, I just didn't want to give Mrs. Flake anymore more reason to dislike me today, especially since we plan to kidnap a bra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum