the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Luck (Jacky and Timmi)

Go down

Bad Luck (Jacky and Timmi) Empty Bad Luck (Jacky and Timmi)

Post by Jacky K. Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Alternate reality version of Carkley...because we couldn't resist trying to conjure up an Evil!Luck.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Bad Luck (Jacky and Timmi) Empty Re: Bad Luck (Jacky and Timmi)

Post by Jacky K. Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:16 am

Cricket

It's times like these . . . that I really wish my hair were long again.

I didn't know where to look. I know that hospitals are a good thing, supposedly, but this felt like a torture scene in Cellblock Five. Add in too much light and too much clean in the place of dark and gore, and swap out the plastic masks for paper ones. There you have it. I felt as if I could just get her out of this place, she'd be fine.

I'd been kneeling there holding her hand for a while, to give myself something to do with my own. Now that the doctors had shooed me away, it took a simply horrible amount of restraint to stay put. I drummed my fingers, ran them through my hair, trying to hide my nervous expression.

. . . And then the doctor pulled me aside.

I'd been afraid of hearing that. My eyes flitted down. As if that might keep me from falling over, or the like . . . either that, or dash right back to the bedside. I cleared my throat. ". . . What can you do?"

He spoke quietly, carefully, hurriedly. "We can attempt a C-Section.".

Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum