the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generica RPG

3 posters

Go down

Which towns should we have in the journey?

Generica RPG  Vote_lcap120%Generica RPG  Vote_rcap1 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Generica RPG  Vote_lcap10%Generica RPG  Vote_rcap1 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Generica RPG  Empty Generica RPG

Post by Capital Q Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:20 am

Welcome to the latest, not-so-much-greatest, character chat so far. Seeing as though all attempts to do something like this have failed, and realizing this will most likely do the same, I would still nonetheless like to propose a very, and I mean very, generic RPG featuring your characters. And yes, I mean your characters. However these characters must be somewhat realistic, and human. These people will randomly be teleported to Generica, the matriarchal queendom in which the story takes place. These people will have on normal clothes for them, not robes and leather jackets, unless these people are cultists and gang members.

These human characters can be from any world, timeline, alternate universe. And, each character gets 1 power related to them in some way. For example: a blind man can have other heightened senses, a doctor can heal people, a girl who likes birds can transform into one. However, each power must have limitations. For example: the blind man needs more food and rest so his metabolism can support his senses, the doctor can only heal people she can sense (as in see, hear, feel, taste, smell) and it tires her the more healing she has to do, the girl can't only be a bird for too long, or else it becomes harder for her to transform back.

Each character made will spawn in Origenisis, the starter town. Origenisis is controlled by the spider queen, Alycia (thumbs up to you who get that reference), and the characters will have to stop her tyranny over the town. After saving Origenisis, and a few other towns, the characters will have to fight their way to the dragon plaguing the queen's castle, Carthas. Even if a character is made after all the other characters have just made it to the castle walls, the new character will still spawn in Origenisis. Luckily a fast-travel system is in play: carriages. You can travel to any camp or town you have saved on your journey in a carriage, and it is instant (you can have scenes on the carriage though, if you would like)! Also, death is possible. However, death is handled by a simple system. If everyone dies, or the rest of your party goes to town, you respawn at the town your party was last at, or the town your party returns to or arrives to. People are going to die. No big deal. AND NO GODMODDING!

There is no shop system, no upgrade system, and no armor/weapon system. Your character can buy as much food as they'd like, and an inn room or two, but that's it. You can run out of money if you want for a RP situation, that's fine. As long as it's resolved. No weapons or armor are in this game. You fight with fists, wits, and powers. THAT'S ALL!

Also, at critical points in the game (reaching a new town, a new boss, etc.), I will go on a long narrative about the scene before you. Remember, I might not be able to narrate the story in time, so if I don't narrate a scene, it's either not too important, or I haven't gotten around to it. Feel free to RP while I whip up something. Just don't try adventuring. Adventuring isn't cool when you have no story. Period.

Trust me, this sounds lame. It most likely will be. But at least it's not just about rules and fighting. You can have disputes, hospitalizations, strange and wild NPCs, humor, kawaii potatoes (which I will implement), and dynamic plot twists. Please fill out the form below if you are interested! After 3 characters are ready, I will start the chat for everyone a day later.

If you were wondering, the generic RPG roles are: cleric, fighter, rogue, tank, and mage. I'm pretty sure you know how they work. If not, cleric = heals teammates, fighter = damage in the front lines, rogue = quick with trickery, tank = loves to take damage, and mage = damage with no defense.

Also, one character per author.

Form
Name:
Limitation:
Appearance:
Role:

My character will be:
Deidre Rhodes
51 (So old!)
Can heal others and herself.
Can only heal those she can sense, and it tires her based on how much healing she does (Ex: Healing a cut is no problem; healing an amputation, and she's asleep)
5'9, gray, wispy hair in a low bun with light wrinkles. Khaki jacket, mint green striped shirt, jeans, sneakers, and gray eyes.
Cleric

P.S. I just noticed that I misspelled the last city name. It's supposed to be Cimminon. I'm sorry!

Also, I felt like I should add these guidelines.

Romance
Romance is perfectly fine. I don't care if you want your character to date another character. It's perfectly fine as long as neither lover is an NPC, or it goes over the PG-13 limit. Also, be sure to take the relationships slow. After all, you don't want a character to blurt out their love for another with no hints whatsoever. It just throws everyone off.

Prejudice
No outright prejudice! It is only okay when your character is prejudiced and you have alerted me to the fact beforehand. However, no slurs may be posed by the authors or characters that are either over PG-13, or intended to hurt an author. All ethnicities, all sexualities, all religions (or lack of), and all beliefs of all authors are to be respected by everyone!

Power-playing
Power-playing of any other author's characters is forbidden by forum rules. Don't do it. It's not cool in any circumstance, unless an author specifically allows the other to do so. Also, when one is going to be absent from this forum for a while (a vacation, moving, etc.), I advise allowing a trusted author to power-play your character. However, authors who are allowed to power-play, be sure to include your trustee's character and do not portray the character as weak, unimportant, or useless, unless the current circumstance makes him explicitly so (water mage in a desert). If a power-player excludes their trustee's character from 5 posts in a row, doesn't post for 3 days, or portrays the character as useless unless the situation dictates him/her so, I will take control of the character myself.

Last edited by Capital Q on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:23 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added guidelines)
Capital Q
Capital Q

Location : If I told you, I would have to... kill you! *Dun Dun Dun*

http://catchforever.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Generica RPG  Empty Re: Generica RPG

Post by Echo Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:55 pm

((This looks like a neat idea! You can count me in :3

Question, though: What if the characters have powers prior to arriving in the RP? Because I'm...not sure I have a single character who doesn't have some kind of ability or other ;>.> I think most of us are a bit lacking in that department, lol. Would they just keep what they already have and not get a new power?))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Capital Q Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:30 pm

As long as they are remotely normal and human, and have limitations, I don't mind. BUT, NO SPARKLY VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES WITH ABS! They are unacceptable to any geek/nerd like me. Also, your lack of realistic characters does explain the lack of realistic character chats.
Capital Q
Capital Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:52 pm

I think we all lack 'realistic' characters. I might join this, by the way. Would need to hunt someone down because I'm pretty sure my go to character for *your* chats isn't going to work this time around, heh.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:43 pm

We used to have a small group of people who enjoyed realistic stuff, but they left quite a while ago. Pretty much all of us remaining are more into fantasy, sci-fi, etc. XD

Uh, human characters... Hm... I have like...three? I'll have to figure this out, haha.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Capital Q Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:27 am

Well, if any of you are going to do Camp Nanowrimo in April or June, you can try to write a realistic novel. Or at least a novel with a human character. Also, your character has to be somewhat human. Not entirely human. Just humanoidish. As in could pass for a human. Even if you had to cover up your tail or strange ears.
Capital Q
Capital Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Oh, sweet! I have many more humanoid characters than I have human ones XD

And meh, I don't wanna write realistic. I don't mean any disrespect to the genre, but I just don't enjoy it. I'm spending this Camp NaNoWriMo trying to write more of my book Soulbonders. I'm at 40k words right now, so if I meet my goal, I'll be finished with the first draft.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Capital Q Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:41 pm

You know, I'd love it if someone else found this thread instead of the numerous guests...
Capital Q
Capital Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Capital Q Sun May 25, 2014 10:52 am

Yeah. Let's just move this to the Old section.
Capital Q
Capital Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum