the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Myths Come to Light

5 posters

Go down

When Myths Come to Light Empty When Myths Come to Light

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Long ago, when electricity didn’t exist and famine was something of worry, the mighty Greek Gods ruled. With his fierce lightning bolts, Zeus led humans and immortals alike through a time that made history. Or so they thought.
With reason came inventions. With inventions came corruption, the humans’ greatest flaw, marking the Gods fall from power.
No longer was the name ‘Zeus’ feared. No longer was Demeter prayed to or the sacrifices made. The great Gods and Goddesses alike faded into the background, becoming nothing but historical myths.
Though myths they are not.
They live among us, us modern time humans. Studying us, determining whether or not we are worth saving.
Corruption rules, the fields of Elysian remain barren while Hades is finding himself with a concerning number of occupants.
Mean while- Cronus moves to strike and gain back his rightful spot on the throne. The only catch- he’ll have to kill Zeus, and five of his descendents first.
The humans’ future rest in your hands. Mighty Gods, fierce Goddesses, are you ready to defend what is rightfully yours? Are they even worth it?

For now, there are no humans to be played. let's just get in the flow of the gods before we bring them in, k?

THIS IS NOT TO BE A ROMANCE CC, YOU HEAR? Obviously, couples form, but if all your posting is lovy dovy stuff, I will set my imaginary friend on you. Seriously. 'skip over it' if you need to, but if your post bring us into the mature section, I will shun you. Mad

Let's keep this as historically accurate as possible. I will not stand for any blatant disregard of Greek myth and neither will Winter...

Last but not least- don't take on a main god / goddess if you don't plain on sticking around. If you remain inactive I reserve the right to reassign the charrie.

Charrie sheet
God / Goddess-
Appearance and history (for those Greek-myth-challenged)-
um.. ya.. that's it.. if you know the myths, you shouldn't need to clarify anymore... Suspect

Enjoy.

Characters

Artemis-pb Ella
Zeus-pb Ella (I will probably pass him off as we progress)
Hades-pb Momo
Morpheus-pb Momo
Aphrodite-pb Inspired
Megara-pb Inspire
Nyx-pb Bells
Hestia-pb Ale
Athena-pb Winter Dragon

Last edited by Ella Rose on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 11 times in total

Back to top Go down

When Myths Come to Light Empty Re: When Myths Come to Light

Post by Momo13 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Can I have hades and Morpheus? I need to get off soon...

Last edited by Momo13 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:09 pm

I'll be here in a second with my character sheet, but I really want Persephone and Erebus...

If that's okay.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:16 pm

mhm, if it's not claimed- it's up for grabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:17 pm

God / Goddess- Athena
Appearance and history (for those Greek-myth-challenged)- Brown hair and brown eyes, wears a helmet, wields thunderbolt and Aegis which she shares with Zeus. Goddess of wisdom and heroic endeavor (among other things).
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:21 pm

God / Goddess- Aphrodite
Appearance and history (for those Greek-myth-challenged)- Goddess of love and beauty (and one other thing that won't come into play, me thinks). Aphrodite has long blonde hair with a wave to it and eyes the color of the ocean. Her proportions are, as one might guess, curvy and full.

God / Goddess- Megara
Appearance and history (for those Greek-myth-challenged)- Megara sold her soul to Hades to save her "true" love who then cheated on her with another woman. Now she's forced to live in the underworld, doing chores and rarely getting to see the light of day. Envies Peresphone who gets to go to the surface at least half the year, but isn't jealous of her being Hades...bed partner. Megara, often called Meg, has curly brown hair usually kept up and away from her face, and a bony figure from being starved. Her only grand feature is her eyes, which are sparkly and full of intelligence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:26 pm

>.< if you guys change who you choose for charries, post it on a fresh message, else I may not see it. danke :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Momo13 wrote:Can I have hades and Morpheus? I need to get off soon...

could you please post Morpheus's background? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:54 pm

God- Morpheus
Appearance and history (for those Greek-myth-challenged)- um...he's the god of dreams and sleep (I think.)...I don't really know what he looks like...I'll do a couple google searches tonight when I'm on the laptop.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ale J. Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:02 pm

God / Goddess- Hestia
Appearance and history (for those Greek-myth-challenged)-
Hestia is one of the three great goddesses of the first Olympian generation, along with Demeter and Hera. She was described as both the oldest and youngest of the three daughters of Rhea and Cronus, sister to three brothers Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, in that she was the first to be swallowed by Cronus and the last to be disgorged. Originally listed as one of the Twelve Olympians, Hestia gave up her seat in favor of newcomer Dionysus to tend to the sacred fire on Mount Olympus. However, there is no ancient source for this claim. Warm brown eyes with a red look, that some say you can see a fire in. Straight Brown hair, that has a red tint to it.
Ale J.
Ale J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:10 pm

thanks guys ^^ we can start tomorrow once everyone gets back on

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:40 pm

God/Goddess: Nyx
Appearance/history: Nyx is the goddess of the night, she can control the shadows and stuffs like that. some things I found described her as part of the shadows and of the dark. Her appearance isn't given really except as a winged goddess, and sometimes as a dark mist. So, I imagine her as having dark raven colored hair and wings, Icy blue eyes. Very pale.

Last edited by Bells on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:27 am

You guys ready to start?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:52 am

I'm ready...but now no one is on but us...*sighs*
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:53 am

lols.. ya.. everyone was on when I posted that >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:58 am

Haha, and I wasn't ready when you posted that....had way too many things to reply to...
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:55 pm

God/Goddess: Apollo
Appearance and history: Apollo is the god of (get ready, it's quite the list) light and the sun, truth and prophecy, medicine, healing, plague, music, poetry, and the arts. I heard somewhere that he was also the god of bachelorhood, but since he had a ton of wives and consorts, I doubt that. Appearance-wise, I've heard him described as fair-haired alot. So I'm guessing a tall blonde guy, probably with a suntan (get it... the sun...)

God/Goddess: Nike
Appearance and history: Nike is the goddess of strength, speed, and victory. She was a companion of Athena. All that's really said about her appearance is that she has wings. I picture her as a tall, lithe girl with long auburn hair, usually pulled into a ponytail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Winter Dragon wrote:God / Goddess- Athena
Appearance and history (for those Greek-myth-challenged)- Brown hair and brown eyes, wears a helmet, wields thunderbolt and Aegis which she shares with Zeus. Goddess of wisdom and heroic endeavor (among other things).

I've always seen Athena protrayed with grey owl eyes. That's what I've seen in all mythology - she's often referred to as "grey-eyed Athena" in the Odessey. I don't wanna be condescending or anything - just wanted to let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ale J. Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:31 pm

So ummmwhen do you think we'll start?
Ale J.
Ale J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:22 am

*bumpers bumpy bump!*
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Imma starting now... ^.^

Alright, so I'll be doing this is first person present since I'll be starting a book like that soon and I have to get my practice in somehow... >.>
sorry if it annoys you. I'll probably grow annoyed myself and switch back to third, past. we'll see.
Also, I suck at grammar and hate caps. deal :p

Zeus-
I sigh and settled into my marble thrown, fingers picking at the gold encrusted designs as I wait for the others to arrive. I had sent Hermes to summon them. I have news.. bad news. News that, for once, actually worried me. We had to convene, we had to decide, or at least try to.

Artemis-
I dart through the trees, my footsteps silent as I avoid a hunter and his strange device that played music. I jump up onto a limb and studied the hunter, eyeing his weapon with disgust. What exactly was that thing, anyway? I sigh and continued on my way. Humans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:26 am

Nyx-

Only slightly annoyed by the summoning I wrapped my cloak carefully around my wings and made my way towards Mt. Olympus. It wasn't like I really had too many plans, but it was the fact that I was being interrupted in them that caused my annoyance. Moving slowly, a sense of grace behind each step I reached the area and sighed, slipping into the shadows among the edges of the room. I just had to be here, it didn't mean I had to be seen.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:41 pm

OCC: I'm swamped with schoolwork right now, so I'm just posting to say that I won't post right away. I might in a bit once a few others have posted and my schedule lightens up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum