the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Yellow Umberalla

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Yellow Umberalla  Empty The Yellow Umberalla

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:11 am

No need to ask to join. Be like Nike! Just Do It!

The city is a fun place to be. There are interesting events and places, and even more interesting people. You just so happen to prefer spending your free time at The Yellow Umbrella cafe. Maybe it's the mix of homestyle and cafe lunch favorites that you like, or the cute elderly couple that give you faith that love is out there for you. Then again, it could just be the fact that every table has it's own name. Whatever the reason, you always go there in hopes of some luck arriving in your life. Maybe today that dream will come true.

Some quick prerequisites/rules:
  • Your character(s) need to have some interesting quirk to them: Certified genius; obsessed with morbid literature; speaks in movie quotes; always carries a book; etc. (Non-magical, please.)
  • Characters need to visit The Yellow Umbrella frequently
  • Character must be between the ages of 17 and 29, just because.
  • Try not to leave the city.

A Quick Layout of The City:

A: The north of the city is all old stone buildings and old school art. This is where the oldest, most renown families live and work. It's majestic and lovely.
B: The south of the city is more lower class, with average homes and buildings. Still, this is where most street performers and live art is displayed.
C: The west side of the city is an upper class version of the south, with the added spin that it is also the education super center of the entire city. Mostly younger people live here, rarely ever any families of more than three.
D: The eastern side of the city where politics take place. Glass skyscrapers and modern art as far as the eye can see. Also home to the city's elite.

The Cheerful Format of Cheeriness:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Vague Description of Quirk:
Lifetime Goal:

My Personal Character(s):
Name:
Paisley Calloway
Appearance: Multi-colored (purple, blue, green, white, black, etc) shoulder length hair; brown eyes; warm olive toned skin; short, small physique and elfin features to match; usually dresses in bright sundresses or marker dyed jeans; overflowing with accessories.
Personality: She has a cup-half-full view on life and always tries putting her best foot forward. Trouble is, she tends to trip up. A lot. Her misbehavior turns into well placed intentions that don't really turn out well. Regardless of that, she's a smart cookie, and a snarky one at that.
Vague Description of Quirk: Paisley is extremely open about her thoughts...and they tend to be weird ones, at that. But, hey, she's an artist!
Lifetime Goal: To have someone - anyone - understand her...

AND

Name: Cecil Abney
Appearance: Cinnamon brown hair; dark brown eyes with relatively long eyelashes; lean, muscular physique, average height; somewhat angular features; typically dresses in a semi formal manner.
Personality: He's the dependable guy who you go to for advice, and also the one who you take along for whatever crazy scheme you've got planned. He'll never judge someone's choices, but then again, he doesn't particularly put much thought into his own.
Vague Description of Quirk: You were saying something and he interuppted with a fact that didn't quite seem true...It was the seventh time that day.
Lifetime Goal: To discover what his lifetime goal is...?

Last edited by puddinginthesky on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Yellow Umberalla  Empty Re: The Yellow Umberalla

Post by Jelsa Mepsey Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Can I join?
Jelsa Mepsey
Jelsa Mepsey

http://www.firemeup.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:57 pm

Well, of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:11 am

Name: Jake
Appearance: Tall; tan and musclar body; ivory skin tone; dark brown, short cut hair; stunning blue eyes; usually wears jeans unless it's nice out, then he'll wear shorts; wears sunglasses most of the time; has a tattoo on his right shoulder blade that says '
Personality: Very sweet, funny, romantic {will develop more}
Vague Description of Quirk: He frequently relates the conversation to music in some way or another, using simple items in a story as a note on a page and such. He also says quotes relating to music.
Lifetime Goal: To become a full music instructor and perfect his guitar playing
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:52 pm

*thumbs up* Awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:13 am

Name: Robyn
Appearance: Wavy long dark brown hair, piercing green eyes, Short
Personality: Very shy, clutzy, quiet, but is very kind, bad at sticking up for herself
Vague Description of Quirk: You will always find her reading (or at least carrying) the book Romeo and Juliette
Lifetime Goal: To find someone who actually loves her

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:04 am

Lovely!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:47 am

puddinginthesky wrote:*thumbs up* Awesome.

Thanks =) I forgot to add that he has a light Spanish accent. When do you think we should start...?
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Perhaps around four thirty EST?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:16 pm

Ok...hmm....five hours subtract...mkay.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:29 pm

So, assuming that works for you...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Yes. I'm in England so I had to think what time it was going to be for me.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Ah. That's awesome. So, I guess this being mine, I ought to start it:

Tuesdays were always the same routine for Paisley. Wake up, be late for class, fuss with instructor, wait for a taxi, fuss with taxi driver, go to mother's, fuss with mother, complete day at her favorite place on Earth. Right now she was just five feet from the door. Five feet from alleviating her fussy stress. Five feet from The Yellow Umbrella. Upon stepping in, she sighed in an exaggerated manner. It felt good to be home.

Paisley sat at her usual table, Cup of Inspiration, and ordered chicken tenders with a chocolate milkshake. She loved the whole idea of a kid's menu, as it allowed adults such as herself to defy society by pretending, if only for a few minutes, they were still kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Jake sighed as music class let out. School was over and the teaching was over, for today anyway. Maybe he'd go to The Yellow Umbrella...he was awfully stressed from teaching children about life: music. A universal language, Jake always called it. After saying good-bye to the full music instructer, Jake headed out, remembering his car was being worked on. He found himself at the door of The Yellow Umbrella, feeling relieved at seeing all the usual customers chatting among themselves.

Jake ordered some fries and a Mtn Dew, not feeling the urge to eat healthy. He was trying to be fit and healthy, but sometimes he had a craving for a burger or fries. The table Jake always sat at was named 'Music of Life', and he felt as if that was inspriring to him.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Cecil was already at The Yellow Umbrella, a his usual table, Molds of Happiness. To be honest, he always wondered why the tables had names. But, that was just part of the charm, he assumed. His uneaten salad sat at a precarious angle on the edge of the table, but he didn't bother to readjust it. Instead, he opted to play with a block of clay.

~

Paisley looked around at all of the regulars, interested by their expressions and food choices. She decided Tuesday was a good day for sketching, as it was one of the cafe's busiest days. Not that there was ever a busy day. She stared at each diner for a few moments, taking stock of their features.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Jake took out his sheets of music and muttered to himself. He couldn't concentrate. He took a sip of his drink and tapped his fingers on the table, hoping a random thought would pop into his brain and it would explode on the paper.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Paisley walked over to the table Music of Life. "Excuse me, could you look here for a second?" she asked. It didn't occur to her for even a second that perhaps she was imposing, or being rude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Jake wasn't sure exactly what the female wanted, but looked up. "For?" His Spanish accent peaked through the one word of question.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Paisley smiled. "I'm doing a sketch and I like to be detailed and precise," she explained. "I'm going to go home and make a mural, I suppose." She smiled again and scribbled on the sketch pad she was holding. "Also because I'm bored."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Jake took another sip of his drink. An artist... "That's cool. I'll be apart of the sketch.."
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Paisley grinned. "Awesome. Oh, I'm Paisley, by the way." Introductions were always a last minute thing for Paisley. She could talk to a person all day and never know their name, or care to know for that matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Jake smiled at her. "I'm Jake." His blue eyes shined in a way that made people faint at the sight of them. He thought she was quite interesting with the ability of art, then again, Jake had a form of art too. Music, the universal language.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:22 pm

"Okay, definitely painting this in color," Paisley said. "You have an awesome accent. And I love your eyes. Reminds me of this painting I saw in France a few years ago." That set her on wondering whether or not she should include herself in the picture, or if it should be from her point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Jake grinned. "Thanks. A person cannot close the doors of their heart to their passion." He mentally slapped himself at his musical quotations.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:26 pm

"True," Paisley agreed. "Although, I think closing the window is worse. You see it, but you aren't living it, ya know?" By now Paisley had sat down, enjoying the first conversation devoid of arguments she had had in nearly two weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum