the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Physics of the Quest

2 posters

Go down

The Physics of the Quest Empty The Physics of the Quest

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:35 am

"I've come to believe in something I call "The Physics of the Quest." A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you."
~ Eat Pray Love

Welcome to Rome, Itally where your tour starts. It's a year long tour that reaches from Italy to India and ends in Bali. The members of this tour come from all over the world and are all different in their stories. But what they all have in common it seems, is the fact that they are looking for something. Not something physical, but something inside them. Either they don't know who they truely are, or they have lost their love for life. Which ever it is, they've all somehow ended up on this tour, problems and all. The setting starts in the lobby of the apartment complex in which they are all staying. Your character has just arrived, and a meeting is to be held to discuss the agenda in half an hour.

Rules: My rules for this one are the same as all the other CC's I've started up within the last few days. If you need clarification, look under Small Town U.S.A. it's in this same section.

Name:
Looks:(Prefer a picture, but if you don't have one BE DESCRIPTIVE no: blonde hair blue eyes tall. That's not descriptive. Act like you're describing your character to your readers.)
Background: (DESCRIPTIVE!)

Back to top Go down

The Physics of the Quest Empty Re: The Physics of the Quest

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:46 am

Name: Analis (anna-lees) Portudy (Poor-too-dy)
Looks: The Physics of the Quest 1239960431_1024x768_alona-tal-pretty-girl
Background: Analis works for the tour company and is accompanying the tour all the way to Bali. She has no idea what defines her. She has often heard that everyone has a word that describes them, that helps make who they are. But she doesn't have a word. She's hopped from man to man and at the moment she has just gotten out of a really bad relationship. She hopes that through this she will be able to find herself and her word.

Last edited by Taylow on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:54 am

Name: Able Armata
Looks: The Physics of the Quest 002iD_by_RenanPetros
Background: Able is from Brazil. He plays soccer, ahem, I mean football and loves it. At the moment though, he seems to have lost passion for the game. He doesn't know why, but it doesn't bring him the same happiness it did when he first began. As a result, he's also sort of lost the passion he had for his life as well because that's what his life revolved around for so long. He decided he was going to take a break and try and rejuvinate, recreate himself and hopefully become more of the man he wants to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Would it be frowned upon if I withdrew from Small Town and joined this instead?
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:00 pm

Haha Avery, I don't mind if you are in both or if you drop one for the other. It's all good with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:59 pm

I'll have my characters in just a second.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:06 pm

Name: Adelaide Ophelia Harris
Looks: Long, ash blonde hair that has some streaks of color throughout it and slightly almond shaped, wide eyes that are nearly turquoise and fringed with dark lashes. She stands at 5’7” and is slightly curvy, but still fairly thin. She also likes converse a lot and she has a slight obsession with sweaters/vests/cardigans. She always carries around a smallish, drawstring backpack that she keeps her camera in.
Background: Addy is from New York city, but she was born in a small town in Vermont. She isn't sure where she fits in and doesn't really like the city. She's had dreams of traveling all her life and that drew her away from some of her friends. When she finally decided to go on this trip, some called it a runaway because she had just went through a messy break up, but she called it living. She was never really close to her parents, but she is close to her little sister, who stayed behind to finish school.

Name: Noah Dracoutros
Looks: Shiny black hair, about 6’1”, dark green eyes, lightly tanned, defined, but wiry muscles. Her always wears a worn in leather jacket and some sort of dark, slightly baggy jeans. He likes long sleeve shirts, too, when he’s not wearing his coat and the sleeves will almost always be rolled up to his elbows. He’s got a dimple in his right cheek, but not on his left. He doesn’t like it when people point that out, though.
Background: Born in a Athens, Noah didn't know what to expect when he moved to America at 7. His parents speak only Greek, but still they ended up being quite influential around the town he was living it. They pushed him to be more cultured, so he's decided that this tour could be what he needs. He's also doing it to keep himself from going insane from living so close to his parents.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:54 pm

Analis fanned herself as she waited in the lobby for everyone to arive, greeting them with a smile as she had done for the last two years of her life of being a tour guide. She had the name tags, room keys, everything stuffed into manila envelopes for the tourist. She hated her job, hated treating her home like some wild exotic zoo. But it was a job, and it was something to get her out of her own life as odd as that sounds. This was the first time she was going on the year tour though. She was use to just the tour that streached from Rome to Venice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:57 pm

Able struggled to get out of the tiny taxi cab that had brought him to the appartment complex where he was to be staying for the first three months of his year long tour. It was going to be interesting that was for sure. The cabby dumped his bags on the ground and drove away as soon as Able had paid him, leaving him in a cloud of exauhst with a stunned look on his face. He picked up his bags, then looked up at the large building that seemed to be falling apart infront of his eyes. Well...this was a rip off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:43 am

Addy sat in the lobby, her legs crossed and her eyes on her hands, exaimaning the chipped rainbow polish that coated each nail. So far, she had been greeted by a woman who looked quite chipper. She didn't know how someone could be like that after jet lag.She had flown in early this morning and still couldn't fight the tiredness, the slight nasuea. She pushed her hair back and took a deep breath, scanning the room. There was one other boy, who had arrived before her, too. (Noah)
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:51 am

Able toted his bags inside and was greeted by Analis, who he couldn't help but notice was quiet the sight. In other words, she was hot. He was told to go sit down and looked around, frowning slightly. This place looked as if it was going to fall in at any minute. He glanced over and saw some girl looking at her nails (Addy) and decided that he may as well make the best of it. So, he trotted over to her, carrying his bags and looked down at her with a large smile. "Is this seat taken?" His Brazilian accent dripped heavily off his words, but his English was still clear.

Analis was still bored out of her mind. There had been lots of cancelations within the last few days, so she wondered if this was all that was coming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:57 am

Addy nearly jolted upright when she heard someone talking to her. "Huh? Oh, no not at all," she said. His accent was... Amazing. She put her hands in her lap, not looking back at them in the hopes of not seeming conceited. "I'm Adelaide," she said, holding a hand out to shake. She may not have been feeling her best, but she wouls still be polite.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:13 am

Able smiled at her and shook her hand. "I am Able, Able Armata," he sat down next to her, still with the grin on his face. "Where are you from?" He hated English with a passion, it was so hard to pronounce things sometimes.

Analis stood, brushing herself off and smoothing out her shirt. This was going to be a long day, but at least she only had three people to keep track of instead of the normal twenty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:43 pm

"Just a small town in America," Addy said, her eyes trained on him and her lips curling into a small smile. "What about you?" She asked. The accent was really striking some curiousity in her. Absently, she pulled her bags closer to her, putting her legs over them.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:56 am

Able grinned as he watched her and gave a small nod. "I like America. It is..interesting. I played football there once." He chuckled and shook his head, "you Americans play crazy. I am from a little village in Brazil outside of Salvador de Bahia." He shifted his weight so that his bags would rest comfortably on his lap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Can I join?
Sweet
Sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:30 pm

yes you may

Back to top Go down