the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Few Sour Notes

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Few Sour Notes Empty A Few Sour Notes

Post by Momo13 Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:16 pm

So, this will probably be a fail explaination, but bear with me?
There are two bands ([band 1] and [band 2]). [band 1] is a popular band who has made the billboard top 40s a ton of times. They held a battle of the bands contest and [band 2] won. For the reward, [band 1] took [band 2] under their wing and helped them with recording and concerts and gigs.

If someone has an instrument in the band, do not use the same one. Ex: if I have a charie that plays keyboard in band 2 then that instrument for band 2 is taken. Band 2 should be a close knit group of high school friends.
[band 2] will have a max of 5 members (keyboard/keytar, singer, drummer, lead guitar, and bass guitar) [band 1] will have a max of 4 (Singer, drummer, lead guitar and bass guitar). There are manager slots for each band and you can have groupies or fans for either band.

Format:
Name
Looks
Personality
Band

Oh, and some band name ideas I had. Feel free to add!
Sound of Chaos (this is my favorite for band 2)
Chaotic Thunder
Fire and Ice
The Revolution Revolting

Instruments/positions in bands
Band 1
Lead Guitar- momo (emma)
Drums - spired
Bass guitar - avery (Lennox)
Singer - shane (Raisor)
Manager - avery (Kent)

Band 2
Lead guitar -shane (Trystin)
Bass guitar- momo (Ashton)
Drums - red
Singer - avery (Lola and Kingsley)
Keytar/keyboard – momo (Rori)
Manager - spired

Last edited by Momo13 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 5 times in total
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

A Few Sour Notes Empty Re: A Few Sour Notes

Post by Avery Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Name: Lennox Madison
Instrument: Bass
Looks: Picture at the bottom.
Personality: TBD
Band: 1

Name: Lola Grishom
Instrument: Vocalist
Band: 2

Name: Kinglsey Benette
Instrument: Vocalist

Name: Kent Steale
Instrument: N/A- He's the manager for Band 1.

A Few Sour Notes 29394510
LENNOX.

A Few Sour Notes 60667410
LOLA, KINGSLEY.

A Few Sour Notes Tumblr31
KENT.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Format:
Name: Trystin (TJ) Adams
Instrument: Lead Guitar
Looks: A Few Sour Notes Avril%2Blavigne_855_18470943_0_0_7010394_300

Name: Raisor
Insturment: He's the singer
Looks: A Few Sour Notes Tumblr_lo8p13YoQa1qkspsro1_400

Last edited by ShaneColton on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:42 pm

can i have drums for band two? i can post the charrie soon.
Red
Red

http://idkcolor.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Format:
Name- Rori
Age- 16, almost 17
Instrument- keyboard/keytar
Looks picture below
Personality- TBA
Band- band 2

Format:
Name- Ashton
Age - 18
Instrument- bass guitar
Looks - picture below
Personality - TBA
Band - band 2

Format:
Name - Emma
Age - 20
Instrument lead guitar
Looks - picture below
Personality - TBA
Band - band 1

A Few Sour Notes Rori_410 Rori

A Few Sour Notes Ashe_b10 Ashton

A Few Sour Notes Rori_210 Emma

Last edited by Momo13 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:03 pm

sure red
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Name: Ellis
Instrument: Manager
Looks: http://data.whicdn.com/images/14907073/tumblr_lk5xv4mLL41qe4nyno1_500_large.jpg
Personality: Lazy, unorganized, knows lots about music and has weird little philosophies -- music related and not. Self-centered, selfish, undetermined.

Name: Charlie
Instrument: Manager
Looks: http://data.whicdn.com/images/14908299/tumblr_lqyu0pEQ5S1qd3wgzo1_400_large.jpg
Personality: Has an addictive personality and is hard to anger, is almost eerily calm.

Last edited by !nspired on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Band names

Band 1: Not Dead Yet
Band 2: The Revolution Revolting

Anyone have problems with these names?
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Rori sat on the couch of the "Not Dead Yet" bus. She tapped her foot as Ashton messed with his bass. The girl from Not Dead Yet, Emma, was in the Mack of the bus watching everyone. Rori should be excited, they were going to befamous. They were opening for Not Dead Yet. The Revolution Revolting, their high school makeshift band, was actually opening for Not Dead yet.
But rori only felt impassive to the situation. Yay, they were opening for a band, but that meant they wouldn't have a normal life anymore. She wouldn't be treated normally. Attention was not something rori craved. It's why she played keyboard in the back of the band. No one really noticed her then. but that was going to change, she knew it.
The bus was taking them and Not Dead Yet to the next concert, where if the crowd liked them, The Revoultion Revolting will make it big. They would get their own bus and actual gigs, not just sweet sixteen parties and lame school dances.

Last edited by Momo13 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Kent's tongue played absently with the ring that was shining in his bottom lip. He swung open the door of the big bus, walking down the center and whacking a magazine against the table. "Alright, piglets!" He called, gathering their attention. He started handing out papers that covered set lists and gigs, cities, and special notes. He wanted to make sure there were listening carefully. A six month long tour took a lot of planning.

"Now, tomorrow night is our first show, which means if you need to party, do it now. You'll need a lot of rest before the show because if one of you passes out on stage, I might just flip shit. So, read over these itineraries, become familiar with the other band, relearn your lines, and know the area. If you fall off the stage, we'll be an embarrassment. Go you all understand? Good." Just as quickly as Kent had come in, he left the bus, to his own personal car.

Lennox sat quielty, looking over the papers that had just been handed out, a small smile on his lips. He had been here before, he had dealt with Kent. He didn't mind the manic mood changes or the name calling. It was all a part of being in a band and he wondered if TRR was getting nervous yet. On the other side of the bus, two of them, Lola and Kingsley, were sitting side by side, humming the music.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Rori took the papers and looked over them. Good thing she wasnt much of a partier. "He seems....nice." She finally said, tagging a laugh on to the end. He reminded her of her band director from marching season.
If anyone passes out on this field they will not only be an embaresment to this band, but will also get a zero for the game. Ah, good times in marching band. Rori missed her sax, but could deal without the long night rehearsals and stressful marching patterns. "So, we obviously know your names, but do you know any of ours?" She asked NDY, looking around the bus.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:49 pm

What Rori just thought sounds exactly like the same thing you ranted to me... >.> Are you living vicariously through her?
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 pm

lol, no actually she based off my friend Jessica. Trust me, i wouldnt be impasive like she is about this. I would be flipping out right now.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Name: Kay (full name TBD)
Instrument: Drums, in spare time (with no one else around) she's trying to work on her singing
Looks:
A Few Sour Notes Tumblr18
Personality: Funny, sarcastic. Shy to show her real self, but acts very outgoing and loud all the time.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:04 pm

TJ sat on the bus looking through the papers. Wow, this was big. Their band was opening for Not Dead Yet! It was the coolest thing ever and so was freakin' excited. She tried not to show a lot of it though, not wanting to make a fool of herself. She continued to study the papers, looking at their itinerary. They were going quite a few places, and she was glad to be on the road, because she loved to travel.

Raisor watched the members of The Revolution Revolting as they scanned the papers, a few seemingly excited to be on the road. Kent had just given them all itineraries, but Raisor already had them mostly memorized. He glanced at all the girls that were on the bus, finding several of them to be attractive. This tour could be very interesting.

Last edited by ShaneColton on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Kay: I quickly scanned through the papers. I was so excited, but I glanced up and saw that almost all of Not Dead Yet was rolling their eyes and the like, probably because we all looked so immature. I put down the packet and decided I would read through it and jump with joy later when I had some privacy. I pulled my drum sticks out of the back pocket of my super-skinny black jeans and started to tap out a quick beat on my leg. After a moment, I realized what I was playing. The first drum solo I had ever wrote that hadn't turned out terrible. I just sat there for awhile, playing MY song, not sure of what else to do.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Lennox watched the members of TRR for a while and decided that he needed out for a while. A buzzing text in his pocket confirmed than and he grabbed his bag, slipped off the bus without a word to anyone else. They weren't far from the city, so Lennox didn't have to walk far. He was able to go a few blocks and he was away from the bus. Once he was in the city, he slung his guitar behind his back. He had left his bass on the bus, mostly because he liked to play acoustically to get away. Maybe being away from the band would take a load off his mind.

Lola watched as the guy left and then sighed. She pursed her lips and then looked at Kingsley. "Wanna go party?" She asked, her tone completely blunt. She didn;t beat around the bush with these kinda things. She wanted to party before all of the touring started because from what she heard, it ended after the tours started.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:07 pm

Rori blinked as everyone seemed to ignore her question. "Alright, i can just be ignored..." She mumbled to herself as she grabbed her mini keyboard and got off the bus. She walked to the park that was a little ways away and sat down on a bench, the keyboard going across her laps.

She hummed softly as she played, attempted to write a new song. Notes came easy to her, it was teh chords that make with them that made writing hard. Deciding what harmonies and melodies would sound good together, and what time signiture to put everything was hard. She had been writing for the band sense they started, Rori was actually the one to put them together.
When writing wasnt working out, she started playing a song she heard Ashton listening to earlier.

"~My life has gotten so complicated
So underwhelming and overrated
I can feel the heat but I still cant see the light no no no~"
Her voice was powerful as she sang.

It was rare that Rori actually sang around anyone besides Ashton, but she would sing by herself.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Ashton smiled over to Kingsley and Lola. "Yea, lets go. We have one day left with freedom, why not use it?" He stood up and put down teh guitar he was holding. he headed to the bus door and waited for them. This would be fun.

Emma slid out of the bus and walked slowly down the street, her hat on and her head down. She didnt want to be noticed by the press right now. She was shy, and hated the attention being in a band brought.

Her journy took her to a cafe to grab a cup of hot chocolate. on the way in, she saw Lennox there. Her heart thudded quickly as she saw him and she brought her gaze to the floor quickly. She went to the counter and ordered a cup of mocha before sitting at a table and taking small sips.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:03 pm

TJ heard the comment about partying and got up, walking to the bus door with them. "Mind if I join?" She loved to party and have fun, and once the tour started they had to be good. So this was the perfect time to get out and have one last bash.

Raisor decided to leave, wanting to practice his singing somewhere quiet. Walking around the people who were talking and grabbing his guitar, he headed in a random direction, soon coming to a small and somewhat secluded park. He sat down on a small bench under a tree, and lay his music on the ground in front of him. He liked to play guitar, but would never do it on stage, only wanting the be the singer. He liked to move around while performing, and it was harder with a guitar. Strumming a few chords, he began to play the song and sing.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Kent sat in the drivers seat of his car which sat low to the ground. it was dark black with tinted windows. His fingers toyed with the lip ring on his bottom lip and his head was against the steering wheel. He was so tired of the waiting. he couldn't wait until the daily shows, the long hours. He always wanted to be busy with something, or he got stir crazy and didn't know what to do with himself. That's how he was getting now.

Lola grinned as Ashton and TJ decided to join her and Kingsley. Partying with a group was always more fun, but when she glanced back at her friends, she noticed a lack of testosterone. Sure, there would be guys away, but she could still invite someone. "Hey, TJ, why don't you go invite Kent along," she said. She knew for a fact that Kingsley was afraid of him and she was a little bit, too.

Lennox was oblivious to the people in the cafe when he went up to the stage and started to introduce himself. He had called the manager before showing up and she seemed thrilled to have him come and play. He started to play quietly, his fingers deft against the strings of the guitar. He sang along with the song, smiling at a few of the high school girls in the back when the lyrics came to love. The seemed to give a collective giggle and he used it to stregthen a bit. He never sang around the band member, so they had never really heard him sing before.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:07 pm

TJ looked around and spotted him in his car. "Um, okay. Why not?" She walked toward him wondering what she was gonna say. It wouldn't sound weird for her to invite him, would it? She knocked on the passenger window, hoping he would like roll it down, and not like make her get in if she wanted to talk.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:54 pm

Emma looked up when she heard Lennox start singing. Well this was a first. He never sang. She shifted and looked at him, a faint smile on her lips. She sat in the back corner of the room, so she hoped that he couldnt see her. For some reason whenever out of rehearsal she could never get herself to talk to him. She wasnt frightened of him, but he didn intimidate her a bit.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Kay: All of a sudden, everyone was leaving, scattering in different directions. I wasn't really in the mood for a party at the moment. Maybe in an hour. But right now, I really just needed to practice this song and try out some lyric ideas. I knew there was a little fountain somewhere nearby, but I wasn't exactly sure where. Still, it would be the perfect relaxing place to practice. I figured the park would be a good place to start looking for the fountain, so I headed that way.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Raisor continued to play the song, singing it and finding different ways to make his voice fit the song. Finally getting bored of that, he started playing one that he had wrote. It was a slow love song, something he had been messing around with as of late. He sang the slow words, smiling as they all fit together to tell a story of love and tragedy. he was a sucker for a tragic romance.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum