the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Friends

2 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Just Friends - Page 12 Empty Re: Just Friends

Post by Bells Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Aliyah

My eyes widened slightly, and I couldn't help the small frown. "That's do sad....."

I chewed on my lip for a moment, playing with the skirt of my dress as I thought about what to say now. The most appropriate thing would be 'youll see her again' but that didn't exactly fit. I didn't really like this feeling either, the feeling I was getting from him made him a 'him'...not an 'it'. It went against what I'd been taught...yet I couldn't shake the feeling.

Just went I went to open my mouth and speak, is when the door swung open and Auntie walked in

"You're mother said it was fine..." She grumbled, that emotionless look on her face. "So you get to stay here for the night, Aliyah."

I started go smile, then hesitated, glancing from the Fay to Auntie, before slowly forcing my expression into one of nothingness. "...That's neat."
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Rowan

I stayed silent through the exchange. I was actually kind of glad she thought it was sad... Maybe I was getting through to her after all. Though I was admittedly disappointed that she hid her expression when Ailey arrived. Oh well...it's not like any of it mattered anyway.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Blair

A few hours later, and many hushed conversations later I found myself flying through the gates with Caycee. Her eyes were unreadable as she led me to the path that would take me to the city. Saying a hasty goodbye to her I started down it, my wrist once again held by my hand.

Eventially I reached the faint willow tree that Caycee had told me about, and AI felt wonder hold me to the spot as I just stared at it, trying to process the size of the thing. When I finally managed to get past it I ducked my head, trying to keep from drawing attention to myself as I stepped into the willow leaves. Caycee had put a single magic on me, that she called glamour, to make me lookvlike them. The only problem she had told me, was the fact of would only last a fee hours, and all the starlightrs would sense the feel of magic.

Keeping that in mind I quickly started down the road, looking this way and that.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Aliyah

Auntie immediately went to sit in her chair, and with one hesitant look at the Fay boy, I didn't run over. Instead I sat down, shooting a glance at him again as I tried to think of something to say.

"What's your name..." I whispered after a moment, not wanting her to hear me. "If you can't tell, I'm Aliyah."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Rowan

"My Fay name is Rowan," I responded, equally quietly, "but my born name is Peter. Why?"

((Short...dialogue...))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Aliyah

I shrugged, glancing at Auntie who didn't seem to be paying attention.

"I dunno." I muttered. "Just thought I'd ask. How old are you?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Rowan

"Sixteen," I muttered back. "Really...why do you want to know? I don't see the point."

((SHORRRRRT.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Aliyah

I shrugged again, " I just do."

Pausing for a moment I pulled myself up on my knees and regarded him curiously.

"I'm only two days old, unless you count before the changing. Not many people do though, cause you're not really anything more than a baby before then."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Rowan

"That makes sense..." I said sort of distractedly. "Really...I don't understand why you're even talking to me. I'll be dead sometime in the near future anyway. Then there'll be nothing left. What's the point in trying to know me?"
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Aliyah

I shrugged, dropping my hands into my lap and thinking for a moment before saying anything.

"Well.. um.. cause I do-"

"Aliyah." Auntie cut in smoothly, and I nervously glanced over to where she sat, staring at the two of us. "What are you doing?"

"Talking to him." I muttered nervously.

"...him?" She said after a moment of silence. "Wonderful. Quit that. It's probably close to your bed time anyways. Do you know when that is?"

"No, mama didn't set one last night..."

"Well, then you should get ready for bed.. you can use one of my shirts as a nightgown. You know where my bedroom is, correct?"

"Yes Auntie." I muttered, looking at the floor and pulling myself all the way up.

"Good, now go do that."

"..okay Auntie..." I said, glancing at Peter then exiting the room.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Rowan

I let out a quiet breath and sat back in the chair. I figured I wouldn't be getting any sort of bed, but it didn't matter. It wasn't like I actually slept in a real bed often anyway.

I didn't want to close my eyes while Ailey was still in the room though. Couldn't say why.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Blair

I managed to work my way through the city, only getting a few disapproving looks here and there as people caught sight of my expression. It didn't take me long to remember the emotionless expression that Mallow and Mia had when speaking to us. Once I recalled that I did my best to copy it, drawing less attention to me as I did. After a certain point I began to feel a bit strange, and a bit of fear started worming itself into my mind. If I didn't find him soon...

Well.. lets just say he wouldn't be the only one in need of saving.

Eventually I stopped, inquiring about Ailey to one of the many starlighters. Their eyes narrowed a bit in suspicion, and they seemed to be smelling the air for a moment before sighing and pointing in the general direction of her house.

A smile almost making its way to my lips I thanked them, and started towards the house. Just a bit further, and I'd have done it.

Although.. I had the feeling getting out was going to be a bit harder than getting in. But... if I had Peter, then it would be worth it. I'd rather die with him.. then without.

Maybe... just maybe.. that whole soulmate thing... wasn't so strange after all....

No thinking about that right now though, right now.. I had to get him out.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Ailey

I narrowed my eyes at Peter, annoyance flickering to my face and away almost immediately. I couldn't afford to be showing the fay my emotion just because no one else could see. I was back now, and I needed to get used to the fact that this wasn't like the fay city, home.. was home.

"Leave her alone." I grumbled, trying to keep the irritation out of my voice. "She's young, too young for you to be telling her whatever you've been."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Rowan

"She was the one talking to me," I said in flat protest. "I didn't even want to. But really, what's the problem with her knowing that I happen to be a sentient being and happen to have a gender? Because both of these facts are true."
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Ailey

"Shut up." I grumbled, then frowned, glancing to the door where I could here the flutter of wings from beyond the wood.

Pulling myself up from the chair I crossed the room, and paused by the door. Taking a small sniff of the air, I couldn't help but notice the feel, and scent of magic, of the glamour. Glancing to Peter, then back to the door I sighed, pulling it open finally.

Blair

A bit of surprised, followed by fear registered in my mind as the door swung open to reveal Ailey on the other side.

"....Hello, bitch." I greeted smoothly. "Miss me?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Rowan

I jumped up from the chair. Impossible... This couldn't have been real. There was no chance. No way. And yet...

"Danae!"

I started to her right away.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Danae

"What the grave....." Ailey began, disbelief coloring her features. "How in the name of the lady did you....."

"I'm amazing, that's how." I informed her, easily slipping past her and into the room, closer to Peter. "Hey Peter, long time no see, how you doing?"

"Get out!" Ailey growled, turning around and glaring at me. "You.. I mean wait.. if you're here.... "

"If I'm here then what?" I interrupted, rolling my eyes lightly. "You can't feed Peter to your demon spawn or whatever they are? How sad."

"Shut up." Ailey practically snarled, quickly moving to get between Peter and I. "Just shut up."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Rowan

In a quick motion, I grabbed one of Ailey's arms in both hands, turned away from her while adjusting my hold, and flipped her over my shoulder and onto the ground.

"Now what?" I asked Danae urgently.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Danae

Now. ..right. he thought I had a plan....heh......

"Well...um...we get out of the city without being killed, or eaten, or both. "

As I spoke I halfway noticed Ailey pulling herself up from the ground behind him, hissing softly under her breath. In the same moment a little girl walked into the room from the hall, her small, spender frame covered by a large shirt that was almost a dress on her. The girl's eyes went huge as she stared from ups to Ailey, her mouth kinda hanging open.

"....Auntie?" She squeaked, sounding as if she were going to scream at any moment.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Rowan

"Sorry," I said quickly to Aliyah, though I didn't exactly know why. Then, talking again to Danae, "How did you make yourself look like that?"

If there was a way I could do it, then great. If not, I had a plan-B.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Danae

"Oh..."I muttered, glancing at myself. "Caycee did it for me. Something called glamour or whatever. I have no clue how she did...."

And at that moment what I'd predicted came true. The little girls lip quivered for a moment as she glanced from Peter to Ailey who seemed to be trying to decide what to do. Then the girl's mouth opened jet a bit wider and sh let out a shrill scream.

"....not good."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Rowan

"Sorry," I said again. I ran over to Aliyah, grabbed her, clamped one hand over her mouth, and hooked my other arm around her neck. With some light constriction, she was unconscious in a matter of seconds. I went for Ailey next.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Danae

I watched Peter, a bit surprised but figuring that, that must have been the easiest way to shut the kid up. Heh, I would have to remember that in case someone ever asked me to watch their kids...ohrightdanger.

My eyes glued onto Ailey who seemed to be concentrating, my hand immediately slipping to my waist where my dagger should have been, but wasn't. Cursing under my breath I crouched a little, ready to help Peter if need be.

Ailey

I winced when Aliyah went down, cold determination sweeping through my mind. He wasn't leaving here, not only because it would reflect badly on me, but the Dark Lady wouldn't take too kindly to me losing her toy. So as he approached me I concentrated, dragging out the magic to cast a still. Almost immediately after I froze him I saw Danae moving, her eyes narrowed with what may have been anger.

"I swear, if I had my daggers on me right now.." She seethed, and before I could draw the magic to put the spell on her as well she'd reached me.

Her hand raised and I barely had time to see the book in her hand before she hit me with it, causing the world to go dark.

Blair

"There." I grumbled, dropping the book I'd struck her temple with her on her freaking head as well. "Freaking bitch needs to stay down..."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Rowan

My limbs were released; I went back over to Danae.

"Thanks..." I said. "For coming back, I mean."

((These short replies...my gods...))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Blair

I smiled, then frowned a little, kicking Ailey for good measure before turning my back on her.

"Of course I came back, couldn't leave you to be eaten. What kind of..." I paused, hesitating slightly before finishing as I knew he would expect me to. "...friend would that make me?"

After all....we were friends. Just like we've been telling people since before we died. Just...friends.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next