the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAH! NOT THE MONEY! I NEEDED THAT!

Go down

GAH! NOT THE MONEY! I NEEDED THAT! Empty GAH! NOT THE MONEY! I NEEDED THAT!

Post by Purple Dragon Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Heron. Definition: A large fish eating bird, with long legs, and an S-shaped neck. It just happened to be the name I chose.

It’s funny. I hate fish. My neck is definitely not s-shaped; that’d be weird. But that was the name I chose. Why you ask? Okay, maybe you didn’t ask that. I will tell you anyway. It has the word “Hero” in it. Happy?
Now, I never considered myself a hero, but I loved the idea. I’m one of those guys who just sits back, having a good time in some quiet corner. That was…until I joined The Order.

The Order changes you. In some ways it was good for me, but in most ways, not so much. I didn’t have a family. In fact, I grew up alone. I decided, “Hey, why not join The Order? I’m bound to find my parents if I join them!” Pffft. That was a mistake. I knew The Order was pretty much the new government, and I figured I’d snoop around and find my records. No records at all. It was as if I didn’t even exist.

I thought I might as well give up. Try to run away. But no one runs once they join. It’s almost a cult. You run…you die.

I figured I should just let life pass me by, running through the halls and lighting people’s pants on fire. Just because I could. Who could stop me? Yeah, I would get beaten, and probably whipped. It’s not like I had anyone who really cared, anyway. No one would stay Orion’s hand and try to save me. I had nobody. I was alone. So why not light fireworks in the bath room?

Until I met her.

I know. The above line sounds cheesy. And…I never really met her. I just sort of stalked her. Her name was Betty. Yeah. Betty. I thought it was an old lady when I first heard her name, but boy was I wrong. Golden blonde hair. Bright, greenish brown eyes. A tight little a-…ahem... You get what I mean.

Anyway, my job in The Order was simple. Provide smoke bombs and the like, and be an information gatherer. I would watch people who were on our hit list, observing their moves, finding out their whole life story. I guess I just have a knack for stuff like this. I don’t forget easily.

But Betty? She was a mystery to me. She was a dancer in her father’s pub, mostly just twirling around and handing out drinks. I’d watch out the window, watching her smile, her footsteps. …watching the way her dad beamed at her. Wishing I had a life like that. Yet I couldn’t figure her out.

One day, I managed to crawl out of the window in my room, one of my eyes black and my nose broken. My blondish brown hair now caked in blood and sweat. I had deserved that beating, I guess. Apparently tying even a small bomb to the teacher is frowned upon.

I squirmed out the tight window and crawled onto the roof, just so I could watch the sunset with my one healthy eye.
For some reason, Betty was below me in the streets, closing up shop and humming to herself.

Maybe it was fate? My lucky day? …maybe I was hallucinating? Because she talked. And it was aimed at me.

“It’s kinda weird to see you staring at me all the time. Why don’t we ever talk?” she asked, looking straight at me.

Okay, let me tell you something before we move on. I’m smooth. I get along with the babes like cheese gets along with tacos. But oh my wonder, when she talked…I was tongue tied. I managed to get out a small “….hhhhhuuuuuuuuuh?” ...but that was it.

“I said we should talk.” She replied, a small giggle escaping those beautiful lips. She ran forward and jumped up, grabbing the ladder and climbing up to the roof.

No! She should not be doing this! If anyone from The Order catches her…….

Then she flopped down next to me, observing my face. I lost my train of thought, another “huuuuuuuhhhhhhh.” Managing to escape.

She laughed. I blinked and drooled. I. Am officially. An idiot.

“So, what’s your name?”

“……….Heron.”

“Pretty! Like the bird?”

I nodded. “Uhm yeah…birds…”

Another little, sweet laugh. “You’re cute. I’m Betty.”

“I know.”

Then a confused look from her, a mental facepalm from myself.

“Oh. Okay…”

“I’vebeenwatchingyou.”

Really? I’ve been watching you? That….that will just scare her…

“I’vebeenwatchingyou,too…” was her reply, in the same, rushed, shy manner.

I felt my cheeks explode. Not literally…but damn, they were bright red. Well, I didn’t actually see my own cheeks. But they felt red.

“So, Heron. What happened to your face?”

I blinked at this. Right. She probably didn’t know I was an agent from The Order. No one in the city except the agents knew where the building was located. They assumed it was just a musty old apartment complex. I can’t tell her…gotta think of an excuse…

“I ran into a bus.”

“Whaaaat? Wouldn’t that kill you? Are you okay?!” was her panicked response, her slender hand reaching up and stroking my face, wiping some crusted blood away.

Not only my cheeks exploded, but my heart exploded as well. I could feel it pounding into my ears. I didn't answer her question, but found my own hand shakily reaching up and cupping over hers. This is a dream. It was an illusion. It had to be.

I saw her blush too, and felt our faces unconsciously coming closer together, until our lips were brushing against each other.

“I like you…” I mumbled, tilting my head.

“I like you,too…” she whispered back, pressing herself against me.

This might ruin the whole touching scene, but let me just say: DAMN. KISSING IS. DAMN.

My other arm slipped around her, tugging her closer. Yeah, we were basically strangers. But this was so…nice. So amazing. We sort of melted against each other, giving into the kisses.

After a while, she pulled away, the stars of the night sky sparkling around her.
“I better go. Dad is waiting.”

I gulped and nodded, watching her with big eyes. She scooted away, my fingers slipping from hers, my hand reaching out to feel her touch.

“Will I see you again?” I asked, almost desperately.

“Maybe.” She said, her face set in a slight smirk as she crawled down and ran into the streets, ducking into an alley. I watched her go, but couldn't shake the feeling that there was something evil about that smirk.
And why did I feel…lighter? I plunged my hands into my pockets, searching wildly.

Shit.

She robbed me. The hot little lady robbed me. I swear, this city gets to people. Even if those people aren’t in The Order.

I felt…betrayed. Tired. Maybe a bit of longing. I sighed and flopped down on the ceiling, glaring at the stars, too lazy and beaten to jump down and go after her.

I never saw Betty again. But I’m determined to find her. That was a nice wallet, damnit! I'll...I'll kill her next time I see her! I'll punch that...that beautiful...innocent...cute.......face.....and...like.....Ah, forget it. I'm hopeless.
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

GAH! NOT THE MONEY! I NEEDED THAT! Empty Re: GAH! NOT THE MONEY! I NEEDED THAT!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 am

heh x3
Esmeralda: *reading over my shoulder*... *snort**grumbles about serving him right*

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dragon Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Hehe Esmeralda xD Yeah, that was a random short story :3 *hands Es some pop tarts of cinnamon flavooouuuurrr*
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Esmeralda: :3 *nomnomnomnomnom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum