the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Coxes~ (THE BEGINING TO THE CURRENT)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Coxes~ (THE BEGINING TO THE CURRENT) Empty The Coxes~ (THE BEGINING TO THE CURRENT)

Post by Banshee Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Yes, TO THE PAST~ The original headquarters, David's father being head, Abraham...STILL ALIVE. Mind boggling isn't it? Time to explore the original Cause.
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Coxes~ (THE BEGINING TO THE CURRENT) Empty Re: The Coxes~ (THE BEGINING TO THE CURRENT)

Post by Banshee Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:38 pm

David walked through the halls, searching for Abner. "ABNER!!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" he shouted, the meeting was about to start. Sadly, father thought it was important for Abner to participate, David did not see a reason as to why he should...
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

The Coxes~ (THE BEGINING TO THE CURRENT) Empty Re: The Coxes~ (THE BEGINING TO THE CURRENT)

Post by Kid.Icarus Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Abner walked through the halls of the headquarters, on his way to his house. He was hoping he could get caught up in his reading before he went out.
...He was hoping.
Then he heard his name being called, yelled really, and not all too nicely.
He paused at a corner to see David heading down the halls in his direction, not looking very happy, but then... he wasn't usually happy.
Deep breaths, Abner. Deep breaths...
He calmly turned towards his cousin, wondering what had gotten him so worked up.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:32 pm

"You are late. Like always. Did you not get the memo? There is a meeting. Father wants you to come. He said it's important."
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Another meeting... wonderful. What could it possibly be that's so important that it actually matters whether I'm there or not...
Abner put on a smile and lied smoothly, "Of course, David, how could I forget? I was on my way right now."
He didn't really enjoy going to the meetings. He'd much rather sit down with a nice book, and possibly some nice warm tea. But he figured that he should do his best not to get on his uncle's bad side. That could never end well.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 pm

David grumbled something incoherent in response before sighing and turning, rather annoyed he was given the task to go find Abner. He had better things to do with his time, like actually be at the meeting. After motioning for Abner to follow, he started down the dark hallway.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Abner stood there for another moment and sighed inwardly, before falling into step behind David.
So much for my book... he thought. He honestly couldn't see what it could possibly be that was so important that his presence actually mattered.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:03 pm

The door to the meeting room opened, a long table streatched out in the middle of the room, Jericho sitting at the head with Abraham on his left. David took his believed-to-be rightful place at his father's right hand. At the table, various cousins sat, among them, Abner's own father.

"Ah, Abner, so good of you to join us," Jericho said, smirking slightly. He was a tall man, with cold, dark gray eyes, his black hair cut short had already started to show signs of age, his face, however, had few lines. All of the members of the room looked at Abner, with a mocking look. Abner's father, though, looked disgusted and displeased with his son's lateness.

"Please, sit," Jericho said, motioning to a chair at the other end, it was not a request but a command.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Abner id his best to ignore the mocking looks from his cousins, that assaulted him the moment he entered the room. The sneers, the smirks, the glares, he was used to them all. But what he would never get used to was the look his father gave him... the pure disgust that crossed his face every time his son didn't do something just right. That was the look that Abner would never get used to... that was the look that Abner hated, even more than the person who gave him that look...
A part of Abner wanted to lash out, and challenge his cousins... it wanted to personally wipe the looks off their faces... but he didn't... he knew better.
So he bit his tongue, said nothing, and took his seat.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:32 pm

The look on Abner's father face was a look that said it all, they would be discussing his behavior later and at length.

"I apologize for Abner's lateness, Jericho." his father said, embrassed of his son.

"It is fine, the boy is here now, no?" Jericho replied with a false smile. He clasped his hands infront of him on the table before him. "Now to bussiness. I have called you fine gentlemen and a few of your family members here to day to explain a task I have for all of you, ages eighteen to twenty-one. You are to go courting, it is time we start extending the family. If you have met a young lady who is outside of our own, her name must be submitted for a background check. If I have had the pleasure of meeting your future wife already, my congratulations to you both. No one is an exception of this task, understood?" He asked, his eyes falling briefly on Abner as to tell him specifically. Jericho's word was law, and everyone knew it. No one was to disobey.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Abner could barely comprehend what he had just been told.
...what!? ...I'm barely out of high school, and he wants me to find a WIFE!? ...is he really as insane as I thought he was...? I don't even KNOW that many girls, and the ones I do know... I mean... I've never really thought about one becoming my wife... this is just insane...
Still he said nothing. He just bit his tongue and sat there, knowing full well that as hard as he might try, in the end, there was no denying Jericho's will.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Jericho gave a slight nod and stood, pushing his chair in behind him. “This meeting is adjourned, you may go now. Best of luck to you gentlemen, I wish to see you in a week’s time in your progress. Thank you for your time.”
The cousins filed out, including David and Abraham.

“I wish to speak to you for a moment, Abner. You may go Baldasarre,” Jericho said, gesturing to Abner’s father to leave. Baldasarre did and unhappily as well, pushing in his chair and shaking his head at his son before leaving.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Abner stood and pushed in his chair as well, turning to face his uncle.
"What is it you want to speak to me about, sir?"
Honestly... this whole day was so messed up... what could Jericho possibly have to say that could make things worse...
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Jericho studied Abner for a moment before speaking, "You are not to be late again, Abner. You've been doing this more often. Also...David said you have been going out more...a lady friend perhaps?" he asked curiously.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Abner stood there for a moment, choosing his words carefully... "Sorry, sir. I promise it won't happen again. And yes... I've been going out... but it's just a school friend, nothing more..."
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Jericho snorted, "Abner, you attend school here. You are horrible at lying, I would be wise about who I lie to as well. Now tell me, who is this person?"
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Abner had to suppress an eye twitch.
"Sorry for my word choice. What I meant is that my friend is still in school..."
Abner was just trying to avoid telling him any more about his friend then he had to... The last thing he needed was his uncle finding out about her...
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:04 pm

Jericho sighed, getting slightly impatient with Abner. "I want your friend's name, boy. What is it?" He asked, knowing Abner could not get around this one.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Damnit... no avoiding it now...
Abner couldn't help but sigh. "...Madeline. Her name is Madeline..."
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:19 pm

"Pretty name," Jericho smirked, "And does she know about what you do?"
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:24 pm

"No." Abner said. Most people would think you're insane if you told them that you see ghosts, and that your family is raising an army of them to take over the world...
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:23 pm

"Good. You are not to tell her until she is your wife." Jericho said, "unless you have someone else in mind...?"
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Abner almost winced at the word 'wife'. Madeline... my wife!? That.... no. No no. She's just a friend. I've never thought about her that way... I haven't thought that way at all. I'm not old enough that I want to get married!
Again Abner bit his tongue and chose his words with care. "No, sir. I don't have anyone in mind at the moment..."
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Jericho nodded, "I suggest you choose quickly then or I will be choosing for you. You may go now."

Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Abner couldn't stop himself, and didn't have time to choose his words as he spoke, "What if I don't want to get married yet?" He bit his tongue hard, relieved he was at least able to keep his animosity out of his voice. "I mean no disrespect sir, but I've barely turned 18, I'm not sure that I want to get married right away..."
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum