the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding Humanity

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Finding Humanity Empty Finding Humanity

Post by Black&White Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:05 pm

They were almost complete. Just a few more seconds. They couldn't be found...couldn't be found by The Rogues.
And then suddenly there was pounding on the door above him. He was startled from his exact work, looking up at where his front door was, envisioning it through the ceiling.

They couldn't find out.

Hurriedly, he rushes out and closes the secret hatch to his normal basement, going over to head to the upper floor and attempt escape out the back. No one escaped though. The Rogues break through the door, they track the heat signature to the escaping robotics expert...

Auto start-up: Initiate.
Date and Time: April 18th, 2537. 17:14
Systems: . . . Online
Objective: . . . . . . Error. Information Incomplete

Fifty years after the attack on humanity, the scientist's projects awaken within the secret chamber of the man's basement. They will find a world very different from that programmed into their minds once they wander out of the house.

Robots rule. Humanity has been destroyed at the surface, now presiding in small, almost feral, scraggly groups who do whatever they must to survive and avoid capture or as slaves of the robots. The world, still showing some scars of the war that tipped the scales, has largely been restored to an untamed nature except for high traffic roads or around major cities the robots use as bases.

This is the world that the scientist's androids awaken to. They know they must do something, but the information is missing - the man unable to complete his work fifty years before. Appearing human, they're automatically targets of the robots. The groups of humans will automatically throw them out of their ranks if they were to find out. They don't know any differently, however. They don't think themselves different from humans unless there were one to point it out.

There are surface differences, if one were to look closely. They don't need to eat. Their belly button is more of a plug. If studied closely, one may notice the focus within the eye as opposed to a normal pupil. The 'skin' when cut can automatically stitch itself closed. Within, organs, muscles, and bones are replaced by hydraulics, electronics, and strong metallic skeleton. They are stronger than they appear. There are devices they must discover the uses of. Things to help humanity back to superiority, somehow...

Introduce through first post or Format -
Name:
Other:

Standard Rules. You know the drill.
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Finding Humanity Empty Re: Finding Humanity

Post by Bells Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Name: Lydia
Appearance: Coppy brown hair to about her ears, very thick although not really curly. Her eyes are a light brown, although it has that focus thing mentioned above. She's pale and curvy, kinda homely looking. Definately not really what someone would term as beautiful.
Other: She's one of the androids?

Name: Conner
Appearance: Black hair that is just long enough to be pulled into a guys ponytail, green eyes and rather tall. Kinda muscled looking.
Other: Also one of the androids?

I'll definately kinda fit descriptions better intot he first post. Do you just want to start with androids or have humans or robots or whatever?
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:01 pm

just start with the MCs, add in the humans, robots, etc as they come up in plot.

*still thinking about charries*
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Alright. Cool.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Name: Samantha
Appearance:
Finding Humanity A57f7310
Other: android.

Name: Leon
Appearance:
Finding Humanity Albino10
Other: android
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:16 pm

So, are we going to wait for more people? Or start now?
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Uhm. I think Kara's interested, but we can do first posts and stuff, if you want.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:50 am

Name: Morgan
Appearance: Finding Humanity Red-and-blonde-highlights-in-light-brown-hair
Other: Android

Name: Kent
Appearance: Finding Humanity Geek
Other: Android
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Within the old abandoned laboratory of the late professor, the auto start up starts, as was scheduled in the computers if the scientist could not finish his work.

Computers get faulty after fifty years without care, however. Programming accidentally forgotten, or incomplete because of the sudden loss of its maker. The androids' knowledge of their mission was not complete. They would be left to their own devises to figure out why they were created and how to complete it.

As screens boot up, and messages scrawl across their monitors, the dust laden room sees activity again. The first of the androids will awaken to find a world very different than the war torn landscape programmed into their minds soon.

Wires disconnect, stores of energy given until they make their way outside into the sun, the last few snippets of facts planted into their minds before their eyes open, and they are set loose to figure out their fates.

The room is small, adorned with desks around the walls and seven tables along another. Six complete forms lay, in an apparent sleep, with a seventh android only half done. They would not be waking up, it appeared. Walls were clad in metal to prevent detection, and cabinets overflowing with books. Opposite of the tables was a thick metal door, to the right another - though normal wood - door, which was a storage closet with spare clothes and tools, some packed bags in case the scientist needed to make a quick get away. No matter the preparations, it didn't do him any good if he forgot them in the heat of the moment.

Sam

I take in a breath only to cough it out again. A lovely way to wake up after those nightmares... Ragged coughs. Dust clogging up my throat. Really, everything felt dirty. I run my hands over my face to wake myself up more before sitting up on my bed, then opening my electric blue eyes and giving myself a once-over.

I was in simple white clothes, though they were dirty, though everything else was fine. I glance around my surroundings. It was dark, the light of the monitors around the room giving a similar prognosis to every other surface. Dusty, dirty, underused in ages. How long were we asleep?

Connor was next to me, my slight look alike. We were supposed to be siblings, made at the same time because time was running out. On the other side...that wasn't right. There was just a skeleton who didn't appear to be able to awaken. Something went wrong. We were supposed to be seven. Though...for what...I couldn't remember.

"Connor." My voice is pixely. I frown and cough once more, trying again. "Connor." I test my limbs and stand, crossing the small distance between tables to look at him. "Wake up."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Conner

A familiar voice began to tug me from my dreams. Opening my mouth I took a deep breath and hacked dust back up. Frowning a little I opened my eyes and began to look around, searching for the source of the voice that woke me.

Before finding the voice I noticed five other figures lying around the room. One of them unfinished, most likely never to wake ask had. Looking further I noticed Sam staunch nearby. That must have been who woke me, the voice that had spoken.

"Sam," I muttered sitting up the rest of the way, then blinking at the sound of my own voice. "What..."

I stopped for a moment, clearing my voice as I looked around at the others. Trying to clear my thoughts I looked to him, frowning a bit further.

"Should we wake them...?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Morgan awoke, her eyes taking a little while to get used to the lighting. The dust motes floating in the air tickled her throat and nose, making her cough. "God dang, this place needs cleaned," she murmured sitting up. She looked down at the white clothes she was wearing and made a face. "And so do we." Coughing some more, she looked around, finding her peers. Six...Confused, she looked toward the other table, seeing the skeleton of the seventh andriod. Morgan made a noise of horror as she jumped off her bed and made her way to the body. "What the hell happened here?"
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Sam

"We seem to be waking at our own pace. Let the computers finish what needs to be done," I say, standing back to allow him to sit up. I look around the small room, seeing the two doors, then looking back to our unfinished partner troubled.

Morgan then awoke, seeming as confused as we were. "Trying to figure that out," I tell her. "Maybe we should look around and try to find the creator...We may be early..." It was a hope. All other evidence pointed towards us being late, however. That the war claimed our creator.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Morgan nodded slightly, seeming to be unable to tear her eyes from their unfinished brother. "It's so...morbid...." Taking a shaky breath, she walked over to where Leon lay, hoping that he would wake up. "Do you think that the computers are up to par? I mean, it looks like we've been down here for more than a few months...."
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Conner

I nodded my agreement with the plan, sitting up a little more and edging to the side of the surface that I had woken up on. Looking around once again at my fellow androids I couldn't help but notice the appearence of the room itself.

Standing I started towards the skeleton as Morgan had, continuing to study the room. I had to agree with her assessment of the sight. A friend who would never wake...

"You don't think.something went wrong...do you? With the Creator?" I questioned at last, glancing at them then realizing what else she had said.

I looked at the others, not wanting to think of what that could mean for them if the computers had messed up.

"Surely not...were awake. That has to mean something."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:17 pm

aldefha;dlkjfla;ksdjfl;kajsdfl;kjadsl;fkjasdl; kf I wrote everything. Now it's gone. I can't stand this laptop.

Morgan nodded at this point, but something inside of her was still telling her that there was something not right with this.... "I just hope they have enough juice to wake /everyone/ up." She made her way over to the devices in question and ran her fingers along their screens. Dust and cobwebs trailed after them, making her want to cough again.
"I hope not," she said in answer to Conner's question about the Creator. "I mean, he could just be upstairs, right? There's no way he could spend all of his time down here with us."

Kent was suddenly yanked from his dreams and thrown into reality. He nearly hacked up a lung when he took a deep breath and inhaled dust. "What the--?" he swung his legs over the side of his bed and looked around him, his brows creasing in the middle. "Did the Creator forget to hire a cleaning lady?" He joked. He saw that Conner, Morgan, and Sam were awake. Two others were still sleeping, while one other was.... He swallowed hard as he jumped to the ground. "Morgan? Conner? Is everything alright?"
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Sam

Another round of coughing fits signaled another member awake. So two more. No, there were supposed to be three more...

"We're...trying to figure that out," I repeat, giving Kent a tired smile. "Glad you're up." I follow Morgan's example, going to a different computer and smudging the dirt away. Programs were running alright, though here and there there was something...off.

And then I clicked out of the window to see the computer's time. 12:07 AM. Why would we be awoken at such a crazy hour? Midnight of... I touch the screen to figure out the date. "...It was the auto start up. Our wake up was scheduled fifty years ago."

This time there was a sneeze. I turn around sharply at the change of pace to see Leon getting up. He blinks his eyes open, looking around at the four of us and taking in the mood. "I suppose this means that it's bad news..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Conner

"Fifty years ago?" I questioned with wide eyes.

Immediately I walked over to see the computers as well. There was no doubt about it. I faintly noticed another waking up. Only one of us left now it seemed.

"Yeah, bad news. Seems something went wrong...What could possibly make us wake so late...?" I asked, not expecting an answer.

Following the question I heard one more set off coughing. Turning to look I saw the last of us waking up, her hands rubbing the district from her face.

"...what's going on..?" Lydia looked around at us, also picking up on the tension.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:41 am

Morgan went over to Lydia's bed and sat down next to her. She bit her lip and took a shaky breath. "Turns out the auto start up is what woke us up. Fifty years after the Creator was supposed to." She ran her fingers through her hair, closing her eyes.
"So what do we do?" she asked, looking around at everyone, trying to keep her gaze away from the seventh android.

Kent made his way over to the wooden door and pulled it open. The hinges stuck from being closed for so long, but they gave way after a few pulls. He swipped his hand through the doorframe, breaking down spider webs, before walking into the small storage room. "All the stuff that the Creator was supposed to take with him in case of an emergency is still in here," he called. "He had to have left extremely quickly to have forgotten it all."
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Leon

I glance around the room from my table, everyone seeming pretty gloom. This wasn't good. Morgan's explanation confirmed it. My eyebrows knit together concerned. "...There was a failsafe...That's all I remember. Information is missing." Which wasn't a good sign either.

Sam goes over and peeks over Kent's shoulder with a frown. "...We should go out. There isn't anything else to learn here..." Her voice was tainted with sorrow however. This was like losing a father. And now I had no idea what he had given his life for.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:10 am

Conner

I glanced over at Sam and Kent as they spoke, ignoring the girls for a moment.

"I agree. Without leaving we might never figure out why we woke so late, what happened to the Creator."

I frowned a little as I thought about that. It's one thing to know that something happened, its another entirely to know what that something is. If we were able to figure it out, perhaps we wouldn't want to know. ... Yet I can't help but think that knowing is better than not.

Lydia

I bit my lip, folding my hands together as I glanced between Morgan and everyone else. This wasn't good, or right, or whatever word would work here best. I didn't like it. Waking up late, because of a failsafe, missing information....

I really didn't like it.

Keeping my eyes on whoever was speaking a the moment I decided to stay silent, letting the others decide what we would do.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Sam

I walked over to Kent as Leon stood from his table, glancing into the closet. There were clothes hanging, and in the closet they were mostly clean from dust. Four hiker's backpacks were on the floor. "Too much for one person. Some was meant for us," I murmur apathetically, taking a black jacket from a hanger with a sigh. "Might as well make use of it. It's just going to rot if we leave it."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Lydia

"I can help carry some." I found myself saying, flinching slightly as I strayed from the silence I had decided on. "Should we not look outside before we decide on anything, though?"

I had been thinking about that, if down here looked as it did, what was outside of this room going to look like? Perhaps we would be better off staying here.

"Just so we know?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Leon

Sam looked at the steel door leading out, biting her lip. "...I'd rather be prepared..." She slips on the black jacket over the simple white shirt she and we had on. "...Just...worse case scenario... fifty years is a lot of time for things to get bad..." She takes out the other clothes, laying them out on my empty table. "...And we're conspicuous like this..."

She was keeping her face hard and even, but all of this was affecting her too. I could see her hands shaking slightly, the tenseness of her movements. She was the planner, but none of us were meant to lead. We were supposed to work together towards...something...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Lydia

I nodded, finally slipping off the table and walking over towards them.

"You're right..."

Conner was watching with a furrowed brow, I noticed his hands clenched at his sides.
"Fifty years..." I heard him mutter, perhaps to himself, I wasn't all that sure I was supposed to hear. "Why that long... this... just isn't right."

I had to agree, something was wrong with this. That and the fact that something was obviously missing from what we were supposed to be doing caused a bit of fear to flash through my mind. What were we going to find when we emerged to see the world outside...?

Keeping quiet though I simply stepped forward to look over the clothes, trying to decide what would be my size.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Sam

I look over to my 'brother', staying silent a while as I get pants that fit. "...There's a reason... There has to be a reason. The failsafe, like Leon said. We just need to...remember...or...figure it out..." I swallow, though my mouth is dry, picking up one of the four backpackers and slinging it on. None of this was good.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next