the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village)

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village) Empty The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village)

Post by Red Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:24 pm

The Nexus Village is the place to stay on the West Coast. Insanely luxurious, insanely wasteful, and insanely expensive, celebrities come to spend the money that always seems to be burning a hole in their pockets.

People come from everywhere to have the opportunity to dine at the Beam, the hotels premier restaurant. They shop at the Qu, the boutique that collects only from the top fifteen designers in the world to create a collage of beauty. They love the lattes from Rezound, where they actually sprinkle gold on the whipped cream. They party in the Wildfire, the club that's surrounded by an aquarium (ironically, of course). Only the spoiled can afford a cottage in the Nexus Village, a mere 15 minutes from LA. Magazines spend thousands for media permits, in the hopes of being able to catch a few shots of all the famous that spend their time in the Village. Everyone is always wondering about what the celebrities really do in the Village.

But what about the working staff?

No one ever seems to notice the people who run the shops, who serve the food, who run security all around the property. What about them, who are still barely paid above minimum wage, despite all the crapola they have to deal with from the famous?

Hi everyone...Here is a picture of the Nexus Village, imagine all the houses surrounding that main complex. There are apartments above the first four floors of every building in case they don't want a cottage. (And there's a bunch of buildings in the middle back of the picture, ignore those. They're extras.):

The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village) Olympi10

Your charries can work for security (who floats around the Village), at the boutique, the restaurant, the club, or Rezound, the coffee place that also sells music and music memorabilia (wasn't sure how to work that into the description). Try to keep employees under 25. The Village likes a youthful atmosphere.

Celebrities can be famous for any reason you choose. They can be like the Kardashians, for no reason, or famous because they saved a bunch of people from a burning building and sold the movie rights to make a fortune. Whatever you want. And they can be old, like Hugh Hefner or the teenage kid of a celebrity couple. Even if you want to use an existing celebrity, though, please just make up a new name.

Rules:
Try to have one famous and one working, at minimum, but you're certainly welcome to have more than two people.
Try to have one boy and one girl
No PPing, GMing, the usual
No insta-romance
Fast forward at you discretion, but try to remember that even though this is in Romance, it doesn't mean the rest of us want to be reading 'mattress mambo' scenes all day
Try to make most of your posts at least 2 sentences long. We're not exactly keeping track, but it would be nice.
Have funn!

Name:
Celebrity or employee:
Employee, where do you work?:
Celebrity, why are you famous?:
Personality or Background *Optional*:
Other:
Red
Red

http://idkcolor.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village) Empty Re: The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village)

Post by alysonpaige Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:01 pm

This sounds interesting Smile btw, is that the Olympic village or the London 2012 Olympics?

Name: Loren "Lo" Hastings
Appearance:
The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village) Calist10
Celebrity or employee: Celebrity
Employee, where do you work?: n/a
Celebrity, why are you famous?: She is the child of the famous rock duo, John and Ellie Hastings and she is a rock/pop star herself
Personality: She is easygoing, smart, a little sarcastic, bubbly, just likes to hang out
Background: Her parents' records have gone Double Platinum and they have recieved Grammys. She started playing the guitar when she was six and taught herself the piano and drums. She started writing her first album when she was 16 and kept perfecting it until she was 20, when she was signed to her parents' label and she became a rock/popstar phenom instantly.
Other: She released her debut album a year ago and became an instant hit. Unlike her parents' fairytale romance, she cannot find the right guy and has dated several actors and singers and it didn't end well.

Name: Wesley "Wes" Grant
Appearance:
The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village) Mattc10
Celebrity or employee: employee
Employee, where do you work?: the club--the bartender?
Celebrity, why are you famous?: n/a
Personality: mysterious, easygoing, intelligent, sarcastic, a ladies man
Background: He is from a lot of money--the New Hampshire Grants, the founders of the famous bookstore chain: Flip-A-Page. After an incident with his father he disowned his inheritance and now works here to make money
Other: n/a

Last edited by alysonpaige on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

http://pushingthemargins.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village) Empty Re: The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village)

Post by Red Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Well its the London 2012 Village, I think. Might be Beijing or Sydney's though.

Name: Coco Holloway
Appearance:
The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village) Tumblr10

Celebrity or employee: Employee
Employee, where do you work?: Rezound during the day, Wildfire at night. It's kind of an under-the-table type thing for Wildfire, she is just supposed to get as many hot girls in the club as possible so guys will come and buy them drinks, and she tries to maintain a dancing mood.
Personality or Background *Optional*: She's flirty and REALLY funny, very charming, and loves to dance. She's easy to get along with. Raised by her older sister since her parents were journalists and always traveling. When Rose was 14, her sister became addicted to a variety of drugs. Two years back, she OD'd and Rose took a job here to not only support herself but to keep herself busy, and now this is her life.
Other:

Name: Harvey Reese
Appearance:
The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village) Tumblr11

Celebrity, why are you famous?: Son of actor Jackson Reese.
Personality or Background *Optional*: Jackson Reese has had only 1 true love-Harvey's mom. She died giving birth to Harvey when both her and Jackson were 22 (they met in a college lecture). Once he became famous, Jackson started hitting up everyone he laid eyes on and now his exploits can be counted on in case the tabloids are having a slow news day. He has bouts of commitment, but no marriage has lasted more than a year and a half. Harvey is tough skinned because of it, along with growing up in the limelight. He's funny and loves quotes. Can play the piano and is working on learning the drums at the moment.

Other: He has a huge list of funny things he sees and hears on his phone called the Quote Note, and sometimes he randomly blurts out quotes.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:50 am

Name: Nathan Wentz
Appearance:
The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village) Modern-teenage-guy-hairstyle
Celebrity, why are you famous?: He's the son of the former guitarist of a band
Personality or Background *Optional*: Nathan isn't close to his parents, Peter and Ashlee Wentz. They split and ever since then, it's been a tough ride for them all.
He's a quiet celebrity and isn't one to be in the spotlight all the time. Nathan learned to play guitar and piano some years ago. He also can sing and loves to sing for small groups. Nathan doesn't have any albums at the moment, but hopes to some day.
Other: Nathan definitely isn't a ladies man.

Name: Heather (still working on last name)
Appearance:
The Needs of the Rich and Famous (Nexus Village) Teen_girls_long_hairstyle_pictures_2010_Teen_Hairstyles_Picture
Celebrity or employee: Employee
Employee, where do you work?: the Rezound
Personality or Background *Optional*: She's a shy girl, but once she meets the right people, she's outgoing and pleasant to be around
Other: Not at the moment.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Awesome guys! Do you want to wait for two or three more people or do you want to just start?
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:24 pm

doesn't matter to me (:
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:28 am

It's up to you really.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:47 am

Okay then...want to start?

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN CAN

Coco: I walked into Rezound and punched in seconds before I would have been late. As usual. Grabbing my stupid apron that I had to wear every stinking day, I pulled it on and took my usual spot behind the register, taking orders.

Harvey: I sat at my regular table at the Beam, waiting for someone to come take my breakfast order. After a solid ten minutes, I decided to leave. Next time this happened, I would file a complaint for sure. I decided to walk around, maybe go grab a new playlist from Rezound.

(If anyone wants to run into Harvey or Coco that'd be great.)
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:10 am

Nathan entered the Rezound, but wasn't sure what he was going to get. Maybe he'd get some new music or grab some coffee. It wasn't too early for coffee, was it? He walked into line, not in a big hurry.

Heather watched as Coco came in almost late. "Are you ever going to be I don't know, early? We have a service to run here." She was usually annoyed with this girl and hardly talked to her.

((I'll be on every other day. I'm five hours ahead of eastern time in the US))
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:14 am

Coco: I spun around to face Heather. "Well, they're not paying me to be early, are they?" I snapped, before turning around so I could take some orders. It was early enough that we didn't have a crazy line yet. When that happened, someone else would have to pick up the other register. I hoped it wasn't Heather; the girl despised me.

Harvey: *In main lobby*
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:04 am

Wes parked his car in the back, behind the club and got out. He walked into Wildfire and punched in before going to the bar and cleaning the glasses like he did everyday. He enjoyed coming early when it was quiet so he could think.

Lo nodded her head to the beat of a new song she was working on as she listened to it on her phone while waiting for the waitress to come take her order at Beam. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she looked down at the menu and nodded to her music.
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:37 pm

(I'm just gonna talk to Lo, tell me if you don't me to and harvey will go back to the lobby. you're just not online right now to ask.)

Harvey: I looked back through the Beam's window wall and saw Lo there. I walked back into the beam, ignoring the host at the door, and sat down at an extra seat in Lo's table. "Hey Lo. Hope you know you're buying." I joked, picking up a menu and pretending to look at it.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:52 pm

(thats fine Smile)

Lo looked up and smiled. "Hey Harvey! Ha! Last time I remember I got stuck with the bill, your turn." She teased back as she took out her earbuds and sat up in her seat.
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Harvey: "Fine. But I'm running if you order the lobster omelette supreme again." I laughed, remembering. "I hope we get the privalage of ordering." I said sarcastically. "I was here ten minutes ago and sat here forever waiting. Whatcha listening to?" I said inclining my head toward her earbuds.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Lo smiled and giggled to herself. "But it's my favorite. I'm sure we'll get to." She gave him her earbuds and answered. "A new song I'm currently working on. Tell me what you think." She started the music as he put the earbuds in his ears.
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Harvey: I listened and grinned. As always, Lo was a perfectionist when it came to her music. I wonder how long she'd been working on this one. And by working, I meant obsessing. "Nice! But the drum beat is going a little fast in the second verse and your opening "oh" is a little pitchy towards the end." I hoped she wouldn't take my criticism the wrong way. Depending how attached she was to a project, she either used it or started going on about how she would never be good enough. She usually got over it though. "But I must say, the bridge at 2 minutes in? Genius."
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:08 am

Lo smiled when he grinned, but knew that it wasn't perfect and nodded in agreement at his comments. "I knew there was something wrong, but I'd heard it so many times I couldn't figure it out, so thank you." She smiled wide with his comment about the bridge. "That surprisingly didn't take me long to come up with, I was just sitting at home and it came to me."
She stashed her phone and earbuds in her oversized bag and turned to the waitress when she approached. "I'll have an orange juice and a water. Also, I would like the strawberry crepe, please." She said and the waitress turned her attention to Harvey so she could get his order.
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:19 am

Harvey: I smiled. So this was going to be a nontempermental day, then. "Orange juice and a raspberry crepe. Thank you." I turned back to Lo as the waitress scurried away. "So what's the song for? Did you just 'forget' to tell me a record deal was underway? You know how crazy that made you go last time. You were a shell of a person, I swear you were." I didn't want to see her go there again. Lo was one of my really good friends at this insane house of horrors.

Rose: *still at coffee counter*
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:24 am

Lo turned rosy and tried to turn away, but knew that she couldn't and shouldn't keep this from Harvey, they were too good of friends and they had always been there for each other through thick and thin. She turned back and answered. "I'm starting to write my next album and this is the first song. I know, I know, I just couldn't wait to start. I know I should have probably told you, but you seemed busy." She nervously tucked her hair behind her ear.
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:33 am

Harvey: I smiled back uneasily. "When am I ever too busy for my favorite little pop star?" Mercifully, food came, sparing the awkward silence. I finished my crepe in about 2 bites. "Damn! They need to start making these portions bigger!" I turned back to Lo, my face serious again. "Just don't let it eat you up like last time. For example, I will set the first rule: no recording on weekends. Since its Saturday, I think we should grap some golden coffee as the start of your first weekend off." I almost gestured for the waiter to come, one eyebrow raised, waiting for her response.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 am

His rhetorical questions made Lo smile wide and when the food came she gratefully took her crepe and started to eat, but about choked when she started to laugh at his comment about the crepes--he could always make her laugh and take her mind off of things and bring her back to reality and sanity. She started to protest about no recording on weekends, but deep down she knew that he was right because she almost went off the deep end last time--she would have if he wasn't there to ground her. She smiled and nodded in agreement about the coffee.
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 am

Harvey: I raised my hand a little further and gestured for the check. Once it came around, I paid. "Hope you realize you're paying for coffee." I said, smiling as I signed for my credit card. Taking it back, I put it in my wallet and then stood up. "Shall we?"
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:20 am

Lo sighed jokingly. "Yeah, whatever." She said as she smiled and stood up, grabbing her bag. "Yeah let's go."
She walked ahead of him to the door.
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:24 am

Harvey: Before long we were at Rezound. I grabbed the door and held it open for Lo elaborately, bowing. "Your Highness." I said jokingly.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by alysonpaige Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:33 am

Lo smiled and laughed as she walked in. "How nice! Who are you and what have you done with Harvey?" She looked at him and teased, once they were inside.
alysonpaige
alysonpaige

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next