the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHARACTER EXCHANGE PROGRAM

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CHARACTER EXCHANGE PROGRAM Empty CHARACTER EXCHANGE PROGRAM

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:40 pm

LISTEN UP CHATFOLK.

YOUR CHARACTERS NORMALLY JUST LIVE IN YOUR BRAINSPACE, YES. DOING THEIR OWN CHARACTER THING, NOT BOTHERING ANYONE ELSE, JUST BEING ALL EXISTY IN YOUR BRAIN.

WELL.
THAT SHIT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE.

YOU'RE GONNA SEND YOUR SWEET LITTLE BRAIN-SPAWNS ON A LITTLE VACATION TO ANOTHER AUTHOR'S HOUSE. THAT'S WHAT I SAID, THEY WILL BE LIVING WITH ANOTHER AUTHOR. IN THEIR HOUSE. AND SOME OTHER AUTHOR'S CHARACTER WILL SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR TO LIVE WITH YOU, IN YOUR HOUSE. IT'S A CHARACTER EXCHANGE PROGRAM, PEOPLE.

WE DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY THIS CHARACTER EXCHANGE PROGRAM IS IN PLACE. MAYBE IT'S JUST TO MIX THINGS UP, GIVE THE CHARACTERS AND YOURSELF A CHANGE OF SCENERY. MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE WHY THE HECK NOT, LET'S JUST DO IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

If you would like to join, please fill out a character form for yourself as well as at least one of your characters, or just link to a character form, or copypaste, whatever you need to do. A brief description of your house might also be nice, to set the scene.

Name:
Appearance:
Additional information:
House description (for authors):

P.S. Since the is the internet and all, if you don't feel comfortable filling out all the information about yourself that's completely fine. You could even make stuff up. Nobody cares.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

CHARACTER EXCHANGE PROGRAM Empty Re: CHARACTER EXCHANGE PROGRAM

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Name: Cricket
Species: human
Appearance: A pale, skinny kid who runs around in bare feet and scuffed-up clothes that are much too big for him. Stringy black hair covers his eyes at all time, but if anyone did see his eyes, they'd be girlishly large and a strange goldish yellow in color.
Other: He's from a place called Luna Nuova. Long story short, it's basically more-ghetto version of Venice.

I AM THE AUTHOR.
Name: Jacky
Appearance: Uh, let's see. I'm kinda 5'3" and somewhat skeletal, shoulder length brown hair that's usually some weird messy combination of poof/curly/wavy, glow-in-the-dark pale skin...
House: Fairly big brick house in the middle of nowhere. In the area surrounding the house there are plants that we attempt to keep alive. Interior is mostly new and nice and furnished but it does get a little messy every now and again.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:48 pm

T.Mor

Me:
Name: Visi
Appearance: 5'10", with super pale skin that does the glows as well, finger braces, foot tape, blue cane, glasses. I've got multicolored hair, some of it looks naturally colored but none of it is my natural hair color. At the time of this writing it is on its way to teal. Its fairly short but very poofy.
My house: I was gonna just include a picture but mehhh getting up. It's a single family house with some facsimile of colonial style fronting, double garage, three story. Interior is newly painted yellow and green and red. Basement is a bit hoarderlike but not gross, just years of stuff piled up. More information forthcoming I guess.
Invisimort
Invisimort

http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Visi:

I'd accidentally parked again, as seemed to be my habit with this whole 'you can drive now fly be free' approach the maternal unit had with things. So instead of waiting at Kiss and Ride at the airport, I was in some strange pay to park garage somewhere, sitting in a handicap spot. I hated the DC metro area for this reason, you think you're going one direction and then SURPRISE! Its actually a parking garage.

I cut my losses and started for the elevator to get me to the airport waiting place because whatever, I had a credit card, I could pay, it was no big deal. Just the walking. Ighhhh walking. Ah well. I contemplated making a sign that read Cricket White on it so he'd know who to look for but he couldn't read and I didn't have a piece of paper, so I figured that was a bit of a moot point. I just loitered there by the luggage pickup and figured I'd recognize him once I saw him and then I could yell or whatever. It would work out fine.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:36 pm

T.Mor:

I didn't know how I felt about airplanes they were kinda fooshy and tall and scary and it was very... high up and what if you fall and such... but also like, once it was a few hours and I realized I wasn't going to fall it was kinda nice to look out at it and see how the floor looked way down there. It made my ears pop really bad though and I didn't like that but it was probably okay.

Then it ended and we went down to the floor again and eventually the lady was like: do you need help with your luggage but the only luggage I had was my carry on so I said no and walked away and it was weird I didn't know where I was going I didn't know how this worked. I hoped Jacky knew where she was and where I was and everything because like... I didn't really know.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:57 pm

Cricket:

Flying had been an incredible experience.

Oi my my.

At first I didn't get to sit next to the window but I tried looking out anyway as the plane rose and I must have started to annoy the lady sitting next to me because she finally simply traded me seats, how lovely. It was like I was a giant. I felt as if I could step out over the tiny toy landscape, it looked so far away yet close enough to touch. And clouds, the clouds are enormous. I was so high up that the clouds formed their own sort of landscape and there was nothing but blue above me, and as the plane went back down I went through the clouds. Through them! I never knew that was possible.

It took awhile to get off the plane; it was hot and stuffy in there but I didn't mind much. I suppose it's hard to mind much when you just experienced some sort of flying magic. I stumbled my way through the airport place, which was a sort of wonder in itself quite honestly, but I couldn't stop to stare too long because I think I was a tad bit late to wherever I was supposed to be at the moment. Invisimort had to be somewhere.

Eventually I found myself... in a parking lot. I think that's what it was. It had the metal landboat things with the wheels.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:04 pm

Visi:

I finally found him loitering awkwardly about 20 feet down from where I'd been awkwardly loitering so like, it was just a matter of me wandering closer and finally noticing he was there. "Hey you!? Cricket!" I called over, hobbling along on my cane. ...Hobbling probably isn't exactly accurate but it certainly wasn't any kinda walking efficiently. "I accidentally parked, so we have a little bit of a field trip to the garage." I explained briefly.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Jacky:

There was a crowd of people waiting for planes to arrive and the people on the planes to arrive, only contained by one of those rope blockades and a couple security guards. I couldn't actually see all that well over the top of everybody's heads. ...There was some sort of nervousy in the pit of my stomach even though that didn't make sense, what was there to be nervous about? It was only T.Mor. It's not like I had to make a good first impression, the guy was so accepti--

There he was, it had to be him because nobody else could be that skinny. I waved, grinned, half-galloped over to him. "T.Mor! Hi!"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm

T.Mor:

I ended up walking along with all the other people going... a place... so I hoped that Jacky would just--- I heard my name. I stopped where I was and spun around a little, trying to figure out like... where I was at from. ...Hearing. Myself. Herself.

About halfway through my turn I found her, and she was shorter than me which was... surprising. Lots of people weren't shorter than me so it was... surprising. "Oh... hi... uhm... I... you... found me we found you found us we're... here." I said and that sounded stupid but I was a little overwhelmed so I figured it was probably not that bad. I smiled a little, hoping it was okay that I accidentally english explosion.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Cricket:

I whirled around when somebody said my name. ..It was the strangest thing, I usually sort of pictured the authors as some faceless entity, but this one was in the flesh. And I wasn't sure what to say to her, or.. non-her, person, I'd heard rumors that she was not in fact a gender? Anyhow, aye, I wasn't sure how to act quite honestly but the person seemed to be friendly so I grinned back and walked up to meet the person. ...I'd have to ask what to call her, I suppose. " 'eeyyy, 'ello friend that's quite a'right I could use a bit o' walking quite honestly, th' flying was lovely but that was a lot o' sitting in th' same spot for hours, y'know?"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Jacky:

I just kinda grinned stupidly. "Yeah, I found you. ...Hi," I repeated. "..This is so weird you're all.. existy, uh. Did your flight go okay?"

This was so weird. ..His voice sounded different than it did in my head. And it was weird having to look up at him, for some reason in my brain he always appeared eye-level. And I had the thought that I knew him a lot more than he knew me, which is.. kinda awkward.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Visi:

" Yeah I feel that, I mean I've never been on a plane for more than like 2 hours but like, 2 hours is all I'd ever really wanna tolerate." I agreed, turning to lead the way back to my blue car. I didn't know what information he'd need before we got home but I didn't wanna bombard him with like information overload before we even got to the car either so I didn't know what I was doing exactly vocals wise.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:29 pm

T.Mor:

" ...yeah it... it was okay, I uhm, the airport... took my gun and knives... so... uh... do... do I get those back...?" I asked curiously, because like, they hadn't said. They just took them and searched me and now I didn't have anything and I felt kinda weird about it. "It's kinda... yeah it is... weird, isn't it...?" I said, remembering that she'd said the beginning part of her sentence too so I figured I should talk about that too, I wasn't totally sure I wasn't sure if I was good at the talking thing with Authors like they were all... authory and stuff so it was... a bit... surreal.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:34 pm

Cricket:

I followed after, wondering what all was acceptable to even say in a situation such as this. Most of me was simply curious about the apparent human-ness of these people who controlled a good portion of my life, but then I think I heard a very small voice in the back of my head also reminding me that this was someone who I sometimes actively disliked for the things authors seemed to be so keen on, but then again...

...Why was there a cane? You can't simply ask someone why they have a cane though, can you. Bah. I could sort out other questions first. "..A'right, so I 'ave t' ask, what do I call you? Invisimort, though I suppose Jacky calls you Visi, aye? ..she, they, person, what words are acceptable 'ere in this situation?"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Jacky:

Oh T.Mor no you tried to bring guns and knives. "Uh-- ...I don't think they give those back if they take them, no, but you won't need them at my house anyway. Okay? It's out in the middle of nowhere, it's really safe there." I just had the thought that if T.Mor had a panic attack I would have no idea how to fix it and that thought was terrifying. But at least he wouldn't have a gun with him. ..Except that might make him freak out more, but if all went perfectly it wouldn't be a problem anyway. Right? I have no clue I'm just clueless, ignore my rambling I don't know what I'm talking about. "I have some games and movies and food and things though, so we'll have plenty to do if you want to."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Visi:

"Yeah you can call me Visi. Visi is good. Uh, as for pronouns, my parent and sibling call me 'she' cos they don't know, but outside of textland they is probably the easiest one. Yeah." I explained to him as we walked. "And if you have any more questions I will be happy to answer them as we walk or as we drive... if we're driving and I start swearing its prolly not at you, just as a forewarning." I added, figuring those were useful things to say.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:51 pm

T.Mor:

"...Oh... okay. Uhm... can I get new ones when I come home... or... or or something or because ... I... I have work when I come home... so..." I asked uncertainly. I didn't wanna mess up the visit and I didn't wanna mess up visiting but here I was probably already doing both and it worried me.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Cricket:

"A'right then, Visi, I'll make sure t' not be offended at any potential swearing at traffic. ...I've never ridden in a car before, I don't believe. Except for once a long time ago in some chat that never took off," I said, not quite sure whether to walk beside her or follow behind. They, walk beside they... that's a strange word to use in reference to a single person I think, it tickles my brain. Was it necessary to refer to they as they in my thoughts? It's not as if she could read them. ...Then again... actually, perhaps she could. THEY. Gah. This is difficult.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Jacky:

Oh yeah. Work was a thing. "..Y'know.. I'm pretty sure I could use some author powers at the end of the trip and get your guns back. Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem at all, consider it done." Pretty sure I could do that, I'm not sure why not. ..Unless we wanted to not give them back to make some sort of drama, but that would just be cruel. No, we'd have to give them back.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Visi:

"Well, you're in for an interesting time then, the DC metro area is one of the shittest places to drive in all the states." I explained in a somewhat touristy voice, walking back into the parking garage and heading for the handicap spots.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:10 pm

T.Mor:

"...Oh, uhm... that's... that's good, thank you... uhm... yeah cause... ...reasons, and... and stuff..." I said hastily, just mostly really glad she wasn't going to make it hard for me to do things later after this was over because I didn't wanna mess it up and make people at work mad at me that would be really bad.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Cricket:

"Ah. And by shitty you mean...?" Traffic? I hear people complain about traffic sometimes. Which is strange to me, because it sounds like people driving on the road complaining that there are other people driving on the road, which was built for people to drive on. But perhaps I'm mistaken somehow.

Jacky:

I smiled at him in what I hope was an 'it's alright you're fine I won't screw you over' way. "We should probably get back to the car, though.. do you have any bags to pick up?" I doubted it, knowing T.Mor, but I had to ask.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Visi:

"There's like six lanes per side and two extra toll lanes and then everyone else on the road is foreign diplomats so nobody actually knows how to road and inevitably you end up with someone reversing off an on ramp and its a magical clusterfuck with a surprise at every corner." I expounded, wondering how much of that made sense to someone who didn't road before. We got to my car and I unlocked my door and got in, reaching across the car to unlock the passenger door.

Wait did he have luggage...? I looked into the empty trunk of my car. Only pool noodles. It wasn't unlocked though. Uhhh. "Hey do you need to put anything in the trunk?"
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Cricket:

"Well this ought t' be an adventure then-- hm? Ah no, I'm carrying everything in my pocket actually..." There was in fact a change of clothes and a couple gummi bears stuffed into my pants pocket. ...I was wondering if it might have been easier to simply take a small bag or the like, but eh, then I would have to carry things.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:25 pm

T.Mor:

I looked down at the little cardboard suitcase I was holding. All of my clothes were in there. I didn't really know if I was supposed to have more? "Uhm... this... this is the only one... so... yeah..." I explained, hoping I'd done packing right. I mean, I could clean my clothes, that would be okay, and like, with no work they wouldn't probably get dirty as fast...so... that was good too, I think. "We... we can probably go, yeah..." I added after a minute.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next