the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mutant Fun

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mutant Fun Empty Mutant Fun

Post by Bells Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:45 pm

More than just a few peaceful, well as peaceful as things get for mutants, days have gone by since the X-Men that everyone knows and loves came together. Twenty years since you last saw them, actually. Which means that everyone has gotten a bit comfortable in how things go. New mutants are still showing up at Xavier's school all the time and much to everyone's surprise, people have been rather safe. There hasn't been any big problems for tons of years.

Here's the funny part. Three new arrivals at the school somehow manages to erase the whole peaceful thing. While that might not have directly been their fault, it manages to shove them in the middle of what seems to be yet another war over mutants and their normal, human counterparts.

Welp. Time to have fun.

Name:
Nickname:
Appearance:
Mutation:
Any Bio:

Last edited by Bells on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mutant Fun Empty Re: Mutant Fun

Post by Momo13 Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Name: Anita
Nickname: Jive
Appearance: She has long black hair (dyed that color) that is pulled into high pig tails and have a slight curl to them. They reach her rib cage at the tips. Her eyes are a bright green and are sometimes covered by steam punk goggles (if she isnt covering her eyes with those, they rest on top of her head). She wears neon colored clothing, tank tops with denium jackets tossed over top, the jackets have buttons and pins along them and patches sewn in. For bottoms, she wears neon tights with short, high waisted black shorts pulled over top of them. She is always wearing a pair of running sneakers.
Any Bio: once upon a time, before heading off to the academy with her brother, she was a dancer. And that is where her name Jive derives from.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Name: Kai
Nickname: Jinx

Appearance: Kai has a very light shade of blonde hair that is longer on the sides than in the back. The sides run just about two inches past his ears, but the back is short enough to be considered a normal guy's length. He's a rather slender figure and tends to wear plain colors that don't really stand out much as well as just jeans and t-shirts, sometimes hoodies.

Mutation: He can turn invisible and can create force field/shields.

Any Bio: Well, he takes the being an older brother thing quite seriously and can be a bit protective. Beyond that, actually fitting for his abilities, he's a rather reserved person. He doesn't like to stand out unless he has to, so there isn't really much to say about him. His name comes from his rather bad luck.

Name: Weston (goes by Wes)
Nickname: None currently, refuses to see himself as needing one
Appearance: Weston has bright, bright red hair and typically paler toned skin as a result. He wears a lot of graphic t-shirts, normally involving some sort of sarcastic comment on them and whatever pair of pants he had clean that day, although his clothing style tends to change on whatever feeling he has about that day. His eyes are deep blue and his skin has a light dusting of freckles. Slightly toned from all of the physical work he's put himself through over the years in preparation for things that he can't quite say what are. Just one of those things he's suddenly had to do because he had a feeling about it.
Mutation: He's a clairvoyant. Has visions occasionally, not that he'd talk about them. Has a good feeling about danger and whatnot. Is a good fighter because he can sense a move before it happens, although he wouldn't really be able to explain how he does that. Has feelings about things he needs to do and about when things are going to turn out bad or good. Basically can tell the future, but can't control any of it.
Any Bio: He's drifted ever since his birthday. That's all I've got. He's pretty vehement about not being a mutant, so there's probably something in his past dealing with that.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:47 pm

His fingers repeatedly tapped the surface of the dingy diner table as his eyes searched the small crowd of people. The hand that wasn't tapping the table gave another tug to the lip of his cap as he racked his mind for just what he was searching for. There was something about this situation that just set his teeth on edge. Why was it that even he didn't know what he was doing here?

There. He realized suddenly. That table.

Weston didn't move right away. Instead he focused his attention in on the two figures huddled down at the table. It was funny, he had a good feeling that they were younger than him, and his feelings were never wrong. Yet... at this time of day very few people here were those sort of people. Lovers? he questioned to himself. No, that wasn't right. Friends? No... siblings. That was it.

Why did he need to talk to them?

Well, he was going to do it either way.

Pulling himself up from the booth he'd dropped himself down at, Weston skirted his way around the waiting staff that had long since gotten past shooting him suspicious looks. As he drew closer to the two kids, he began to pick up on the conversation passing between them.

"I'm not quite sure where it is..." he could hear the boy mutter. "But that place is our best..."

The boy cut off the moment that Wes dropped himself down in one of the chairs at the siblings table.

"Hello there," he greeted them cheerily. "You don't know me, but don't worry about that. We're going to be good friends."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Jive sat up when another body plopped down next to her. Instictivly, she pulled her arm back to punch him, but stopped, not wanting to cause a scene. Who the hell was this kid who decided to just sit down next to her?

"... You're kinda creeping me out." She told him, moving away as much as she could, looking over at her brother.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:13 pm

Jinx's hands curled into fists on the table, but he didn't say anything right away. Jive's words had pretty much hit the mark when it came to the sudden intrusion of this stranger. Much to his surprise, however, the boy just grinned.

"Yeah, well, I get that a lot," the boy commented lightly. "Don't worry about it. I'm just telling you what I have a feeling is going to happen. We'll be good friends. We're also going to go on a trip together."

The surprised look that suddenly appeared on the strangers face was enough to make Jinx decide that he might be a bit crazy. Who says something like that then looks just as shocked as the one receiving the news?

Instead of saying his thoughts aloud, however, Jinx pulled himself to his feet and gestured for Jive to do the same.

"Right...." he muttered. "We'll just..."

"I wouldn't do that," the boy interrupted, furrowing his brow. "It'd be a bad idea."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:33 pm

Jive stood right after her brother did but stopped herself from walking when the guy made a comment about bad ideas.

"look, kiddo, you are just..... really strange." She told him honestly, backing away slowly. With a side glance to her brother, she nodded over to the door and grabbed her back pack from the ground and tossing it over one shoulder so it rested squarely on her back. "I think it would best if we just parted ways."

Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:40 pm

"No, no, that's a really bad idea," Weston informed them immediately.

Instead of standing, however, he pressed the palms of his hands against his temples. Weston hated when this happened. When he knew something needed to go a certain way, but couldn't explain why. It made it that much harder for him to ensure that things went the way they needed to go.

"You guys are mutants, right?"

The words came out of his mouth as soon as he thought that he needed something to make him stay. Blinking, he suddenly raised his head up again to stare at them.

"Wait, you're mutants? Well shit..."

His exclamation wasn't even because of the suddenly hard look that appeared on the boy's face. It was more in response to the fact that he was rather certain he'd just gotten himself involved in something that he'd have rather avoided with a ten foot pole.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Jive hissed when he spoke and looked at Jinx to see what to do. Mutants weren't exactly well liked now-a-days. Admitting to this guy that they were could open a whole can of worms they didn't want to deal with.

"We aint. What would it matter anyway?" She spoke slowly, trying to figure the best way out of this situation. "We don't want anything to do with you. So if you could just leave us alone, that would be great. Right, Kai?"
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:16 pm

Jinx had tensed the moment that the boy spoke, but at his sister's reminder he forced himself into action. Quickly bending down to pick up his bag, he slung it over his shoulder while keeping an eye trained on the stranger.

"Right," he agreed.

The boy simply shook his head, an annoyed look suddenly taking over his expression.

"No, you're lying. Damn, you really are mutants. Sit the hell back down or I'll cause the commotion you guys would probably like to avoid. Just think about it, a few minutes listening to me verses attempting to escape the reaction if I shout out my little bit of news. People don't react well as you guys probably know, even if they don't have proof. Now... sit back down? I just want to talk a little bit. I said we'd be friends, remember? That means I would really like to just talk. I think I can help you."

Jinx opened his mouth to tell Jive to get moving towards the door when the boy's next words caught his attention.

"Xavier's School for Gifted Children. Well, something like that. Anyways, do those words mean anything to you? They don't really to me, but you know, that happens sometimes. Well, do they?"

"... Anita..."

Jinx's hesitation was obvious. He was certain he hadn't mentioned the name of the school since they walked into the diner, yet that was where he'd planned on heading as long as things continued the way they had been. He'd heard the rumors about the place and thought that it was the best shot they had.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Jive shoved Jinx back into his seat and took the one next to her brother. She shoved her bag under her chair and looked at this guy.

"You have five minutes before we bail, strating a commotion or not. What the fuck? When did you hear us talk about that?" She demanded, leaning against the table so she was able to speak lowly and he would still be able to hear her.

Her heart was racing a mile a minute and she couldn't really breath. Something felt very off about this entire situation. She reached under the table and put her hand on Jinx's knee, just to make sure he was still next to her. It was a security thing, a problem she had with having to be close by him. Some people thought it was weird and she honestly didnt care.

Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Relief flooded through Weston's system, although he wasn't quite sure where it'd come from. If he had to guess, it was probably the same part of him that had drove him from his hotel room to this screwed up conversation.

"I didn't," he informed her instantly. "Just like I didn't know you guys before I saw you here. Just knew I had to be here, just knew I had to speak to you. That's all. A school, eh? Maybe that's our journey. That where you guys were heading? I guess I'm supposed to tag along. You guys mind a tag-along? I don't eat much. Actually, scratch that, I eat a lot, but I'm easy company. I'm good at keeping away trouble, too. Like a guard dog. So, what do you think? Want a pet?"

The boy looked like he was at a loss, and Weston couldn't really blame him. That was how people normally reacted to him. He'd gotten used to it over the years.

"Oh, I forgot. Call me Wes. Who're you guys?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:05 am

Jive looked at him blankly for a few moments after he started speaking. Who was this guys? He had to follow them to know about the school. Or at least that they were headed there.

"I'm Anita. This is Kai. And we really have to leave. Sorry, we don't do guests on our travels." She reached under the table for her bag again and kept one hand on Jinx's knee, again with her safety precautions. "Lets, uh.... go kai. This guy is really creeping me out."
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:19 am

Jinx nodded and drew himself to his feet once again. Without a thought to the motion, he stepped closer to Jive the second he was on his feet. Must people thought they were strange for siblings with how close they were, but his popular opinion over the years had been that people should mind their own business.

"She's right. We're fine on our own."

"Nope," Wes replied, jumping to his feet with a grin. "Sorry, but you won't be. See, I get this feeling that something bad will happen if I don't come with you, so I'm coming."

"Anita, let's just go..."

"Plus, do you even know where you're going?"

No...

"Of course."

Placing a hand on Jive's shoulder, Jinx turned his attention away from the boy, although he didn't start walking right away. He really had no clue to get where they were going. Hell, he doubted that Jive did either.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:42 am

"We're fine. So just... go away. And don't follow us. We'll uh...call the cops if you do." Jive stood shortly after her brother did, grabbing her bag and shouldering it with a fluid motion.

Her hands started to shake, a bad sign that usually came with her not being able to stand still for too much longer.

"Bye weird guy." She gave a small finger wave to him and grabbed Jinx's wrist before heading for the exit. She had to use every technique in her book to calm down so she didn't just run off by accident. That guy really did give her the creeps and she wanted to get as far away from him as fast as she could.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:59 am

Weston noted with a bit of irritation that the moment Anita finished speaking her brother began leading her to the door. Picking his mind to make sure there wasn't anything important left in his room he easily drew himself up from his seat and trailed behind them.

"Alright, well... just imagine that I'm not here. I can be a nice, quiet dog when need be. Well, I think I can. Haven't actually tried it. Nothing's telling me that's a bad thing, though, so I'll just go with how things go. You guys have money, right? I didn't actually eat while we were here. I'm starving. Do you have plans to stop anywhere?"
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:05 am

Anita stopped in her tracks and turned to face him.

"Look, you are going to stop following us. Or I am going to walk back in there and tell the guy at the bar that a young man is harassing me. you know what guys at bars do when pretty girls are getting harassed? They call the cops. Do you want that? We dont have enough money. Not for you to tag along. So fuck off and leave us be. I dont care if you are a dog, quite or loud or whatever you say you can be. I dont want anything to do with you. Capiche?" She tipped her head back to look up at him, hoping he got her message loud and clear.

"Kai, ready to head out?" She called over her shoulder to her brother, not taking her eyes off this Wes character.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:33 am

Weston shoved his hand in his pockets, a cocky grin appearing on his face at her response. He didn't even have to draw too much from that pool of knowledge that he shouldn't have in order to refute her point.

"Nope, see, you've got a few things wrong with that. One, it's a diner, not a bar. Two, it's a really dingy diner, meaning that guy is more the sort to just shoo you cause he doesn't want something unsavory being reported to go down around him. Trust me, I have a feeling about this. Just let me come along. I'm not hurting anyone..."

Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:24 pm

"But you could hurt us! No, im sorry. I just have a bad feeling about letting you tag along. We are doing just fine on our own." Damn she wished she could just run off, but she wouldnt leave Jinx behind.

Jive glanced over at her brother, her hands twitching at her sides again. They really had to get out of here.

"You are just incredibly creepy and I really dont want anything to do with you. So if you could just, not, that would be great." She took a few steps away from him and shook her head a few times. "Lets go, Kai."

The guy was right, the guy in the diner would do nothing, and she coudnt really stop him from following them. And the last thing she wanted was the personally call the police, because that could land them into a whole new mess.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:14 pm

"Nope, nope, that's a no can do," Wes responded immediately.

Jinx, deciding to leave the talking in his sister's care, glanced around the street once they got out of the diner. It was pitch black outside, so with luck they'd be able to escape the guy. Although... if he knew that they were mutants... no, from the Wes's reaction, there was a good chance that his guess was wrong.

"You remember where we left the car?" Jinx questioned under his breath.

"I know!" Wes piped up. "Two blocks to the left, up next to that really trashy looking hotel. You know, if you need a place to stay before we take to the road, we could just use my room. It's a lot nicer. That's what happens when you've got my luck. Good guard dog... lucky... awesome and handsome... smart... charismatic... think about it, I'm a pretty good catch. Quit thinking I'm creepy and just accept that I'm coming."

He knew where their car was?

"Oh, and I have pretty awesome convertible. A lot better than your piece of shit car. Do you think it will even get you to the school? I don't think it will. Actually, I have a good feeling it won't. I'm never wrong."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:20 pm

"Our car is fine!" Jinx paused before continuing slowly, glancing over at her brother. "It's not that trashy." Maybe she could run ahead to grab the car. But she really did not want to leave her brother alone with this guy. That just sounded like ten different flavors of bad ideas.

"Look, person, how about this. I'm not a dog person." She had no other way to tell this guy that she did not want him tagging along with them. Maybe she could just ignore him and he would go away.

"Kai, want me to run ahead and grab the car? I can pull it around if you give me the keys." She held her hand out to him, glancing over at the stranger who was still bothering them. Ignoring him would just have to be the best way to deal with him.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:25 pm

"How do you know I won't hurt him," Weston interjected when Kai opened his mouth. Unsurprisingly, Kai shot him a dirty look in response. "Now, now, not that I want to. It's just that you guys seem pretty upset about me tagging along, and if I unsettle you that much, how do you know I won't hurt him? I mean, I could be some deranged mutant on the run and you would never know. Isn't it better to keep an eye on me?"

Wes crossed his fingers behind his back. Even though he knew he had to go with them for whatever was going to happen to work out just right, it didn't mean that he couldn't screw up the going with them. He'd managed to accidentally screw up getting things done before. It'd never ended up well.

"And I told you, I'm Wes, not 'Person'."

"Here," Kai said, ignoring Weston. Much to Weston's annoyance, the boy was dropping the keys in Anita's hand. "Go get it."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Jive nodded to her brother.

"I trust you can take care of yourself," she told him, closing her hand around the keys. She pulled her goggles down over her eyes and gave a small two finger wave to her brother before taking off down the streets to find their car.

She just got to it when a young couple saw her slow down from her faster than sound sprint. And they freaked, screaming about mutants. Not good. People walked out of late night businesses to see what the problem was. Anita back peddled and turned around, racing back to her brother, weaving in and out of people to try and get there as quick as possible.

"Small problem." She grabbed onto his shoulder as she stopped, her breathing heavy.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Weston winced as Anita put her hand on her brother's shoulder. Of course there was a problem, there was always a problem when things didn't go the way they were supposed to go. Ignoring the concern that appeared on Kai's face, he cursed under his breath.

"Wha-" Kai began.

"Ignore the problem," Weston interrupted. "Listen here. I've been nice about all of this and now you've made a problem. I'll make you a deal. Come with me, which I know is a good idea, and the problem will work itself out. Deal? Good. Follow me."

Glancing around, Wes turned on a heel and tugged down on the lip of his cap. It would work out.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Jive looked over at Jinx and sighed softly, grabbing onto his wrist again, her fingers curling around protectively. They couldn't get to their car right now. And sooner or later the commotion would probably catch up with them.

"Alright." She said slowly, following after him. "But you still creep me the fuck out and I'm still not a dog person. Whether you think you are cute or not." Jinx would just have to go along with this because she wasn't seeing many other options and her fight or flight, or as she usually said, flight or flight, instincts were kicking in and if they didnt do something soon she would just want to run off.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum