the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Franklin's Island

5 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Dr. Franklin's Island - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr. Franklin's Island

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:04 pm

"You may call me Dr. Skinner," he said in a polite manner.
Quint narrowed his eyes at him. "And where are we?"
"This is Dr. Franklin's private island. You all were caught tresspassing."
"B-But we were marooned here!" Maka suddenly pipped up. "You can't blame us for that!"
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm gonna try out third person...

"Trespassing," Denver repeated softly, almost as if the words hadn't registered. He had never done anything naughty like that in his life, and they had been marooned like the girl said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:13 pm

"Yes, trespassing," Skinner confirmed.
Maka didn't like this guy. She could feel her fear slowly turning into panic. "W-What are you going to do? Turn us over to the authorities or something?"
Dr. Skinner frowned at her through the bars. "Authorities? There are none! We're two hundred and seventy four kilometers from the nearest mainland...." He started walking back to the door. "And, i believe, a more accurate question would be 'what have we done'." He gave them another smile. "Dr. Franklin will be around in a few minutes. If you need anything, ask your guards." He gestures to the two nurses before scanning a card and walking out.
Quint stared after him. Guards? Why the hell did nurses turn into guards?
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:17 pm

"What did they do to us that he's talking about?" Cecelia questioned, her eyes narrowing. She checked over herself, she looked normal enough. A little bruised, maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:24 pm

Maka was just panicking a bit more inside every moment.
Quint checked himself as well. Bruises, bumps, but nothing major that was worth questioning. Just then, Dr. Franklin walked in as well, an arm full of papers. "Hello, hello. How are we all doing today? No aches or pains yet?"
Make whimpered a little. What the heck was 'yet' supposed to mean?
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 pm

"What would you do if I say there were aches and pains?" Cecelia asked, having a reason behind the question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Dr. Franklin passed the packets through the bars. "It would mean the procedure is going right on time. I'd understand if you weren't yet, though. You all are the first trials, can't hope for perfection too much."
Maka quickly flipped through the papers he had given them. Some horrible images greeted her eyes and she snapped the packet closed quickly. /She/ was feeling achy....did that mean anything...?
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 pm

Cecelia didn't look at the packets, seeing what they had done to the other girl. "What procedure, exactly?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:44 pm

One of the guards flipped off the lights and a projector hummed up behind Dr. Franklin. "You all are my first experiments with human transgenics. While you were unconscious, the operation was done. So many questions, many indeed." He turned and started through the slides, just displaying what was in the packets. "You've all been given an animal's DNA injected into your bone marrow. There, stem cells will absorb it, become red blood cells, then transfer the DNA throughout your bodies." He sounded quite happy with himself. Maka looked away sick, feeling queezy, the aches more aparent to her now more than ever.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 pm

Denver froze up, his eyes wide. He followed each slide, scanning it into his photographic memory. He was trying to piece this all together, especially since it was unpleasant and about to apparently changed his life.

"You have got to be. Kidding. Me." Cecelia hissed through gritted teeth. This could so not be happening!

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:56 pm

The steps of the transformations were what stuck with Quint the most. His blood turned icy. I guess the cages explained themselves now. "W-What about our families? Friends? The rescue squad?!"
Dr. Franklin looked back at him a moment and then back to the slides. "You all have been gone almost a month, if you can believe it. You're dead to the outside world. No one's looking for you, and no one will come here. They would suspect we'd call someone if some teens showed up on our doorstep." His eyes flashed as he smiled again. The lights went on and the slideshow stopped. "Any questions?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 pm

Cecelia's eyes blazed. "I...I...My...family...they'll...sue!" She said, though she knew it was an empty threat here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:01 pm

Maka stared at him, fear clear in her face. Those images...no one could survive that. It all seemed too...torturous.
"You're dead to them, Cecelia," He says bluntly. "The information is all in the packets. Feel free to look through them on your own."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:07 pm

"You can't make me," Cecelia threw the packets on the ground. She was going to defy them in any little way possible - that was just how she worked. If it meant just throwing papers on the ground, that was the only way to not do what they wanted, then she would.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:12 pm

Dr. Franklin simply smiled. "I assumed some of you might be...rebellious. If that is the case, i'll have you put into solitary confinement for the process without care. But i promise you, you'd probably would want those pain killers when the time came..." He turned and swiped his card through and walked out, the door locking behind him.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Cecelia growled under her breath, and then covered her mouth - shocked. It wasn't a human growl, it had come out slightly feline. Shit.

Denver cleaned his glasses nervously, it was a habit of his.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Maka looked around like a frightened rabbit. Panic turned into hysteria. "W-We're going to die. We're all going to die here!"
Quint looked over to her. He tightened his jaw. "No, we're not. We're finding some way out of this mess."
"Do you think we can survive this?! Especially out there on our own?!" She yelled back.
Quint looked over to her calmly. "Maka, calm down, okay? It's...it's an adventure, all right? We...volunteered for this. Exciting, right?"
She shook but her yells stopped. "E-Exciting..." She whimpered to herself. "F-Fun..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 pm

"I'm not about to die in a cell," Cecelia snapped, though it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. She slipped off the bed, walking circles around the enclosed little cage. Not unlike a cat. "There has got to be a way out."

"A loop hole," Denver breathed, lost in his own thoughts. He was scared out of his wits, but his mouth spoke the technical thoughts that always spun in the back of his mind. His subconscious was forming theories, testing them, proving them wrong, and starting over again - all in his head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:42 pm

Maka simply whispers to herself, staring on ahead. Is it just her, or are those aches growing a little? They can't though. The doctor had said a week at least. It can't be going this fast...can it?
Quint watched Cecelia pace quietly, simply observing. "We don't have any other options...we're here. We can't go, or we'll die. Our best bet is to just stay here and..." Get turned into animals.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:44 pm

mind if I join?

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:45 pm

sure Smile
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 pm

"I'm not going to stand here and be turned into, into" Cecelia wring her hands, looking for the word. "A freaking cat!" She was sure she was being turned into something of the sort as she spoke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:50 pm

"What other options do we have, Cecelia?" Quint challenged.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:51 pm

what animals are already taken?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 pm

"Escape. They do it in the movies. With nail files and tin cups," She said, her eyes lighting up a little. She was already seeming to go a little insane. Tin cups, really?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum