the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Witch, Bad Witch

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Good Witch, Bad Witch Empty Good Witch, Bad Witch

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:35 am

(Okay, before I begin, I'd just like to point out that I have no problem with Witches in real life. Hell, I am one. I realize there are bad Witches out there, but in general I think most of them use Magick for good. Also, I don't think Magick is a rarity in R/L; everyone can do it.)

P.S. I'm rating this M, just in case. There's gonna be quite a bit of gore, alcohol use, and I'll allow some sexual stuff if that's what floats your boat.)

Intro
It's England in the 15th century, a time where good Witches live in secrecy, and evil Witches are much too powerful to worry about being careful, even around hundreds of angry Witch hunters. In this case, evil Witches outweigh the good ones, as most people in this village are greedy and filled with hatred, wishing for power; well, Witches have power, and they intend to use it.

Character Outline
Name: (w/ prefix or suffix, i.e. things like Lord/Lady/Farmwife/Farmer/Brewer/etc. _____; _____ the Commoner/Cartwright/Great/etc.)
Sex:
Appearance: (preferably more than one line; pictures are fine too)
Personality:
Bio:

I'd prefer you make more than one character, at least one Witch, but that's up to you.

My Characters
Name: Lady Arlynn (last name Boterel)
Sex: F
Age: 27 (her cruelty makes her seem older, but at the same time she looks very young because her beauty regimen consists of a few spells)
Good or Evil: Evil
Appearance: A slightly younger version of this Good Witch, Bad Witch 1842061207_15dd6ebf00
Personality: Cruel, greedy, short-tempered, hateful, likes to play mind games, enjoys watching people suffer
Bio: Like most evil Witches, Lady Arlynn is trying to take over the world--beginning with this little English village. She's very cunning, and will use your weaknesses against you, so she's been quite successful in her efforts thus far. She'll kill anyone that gets in her way, and some extra people just for fun. She thinks Witches who use their Magick for little things like healing and emotional strength and peace are stupid, and not using their powers to their full potential.

Name: Farmwife Shannon (last name Giffard)
Good or Evil: Good
Appearance: Good Witch, Bad Witch Canstock4556622
Personality: Outspoken, adventurous, kind, stubborn
Bio: Farmwife Shannon has known she was different from an early age, but she's only recently realized what she really is: a Witch, and infamous people who were hunted down and burned at the stake. She has a husband of 4 years, Farmer Carlton, and they have 2 sons together, Aldebrand and Rowan; she can't risk being found out, not even by her family. She can't let her children grow up motherless, so she hides her powers and only uses them in private. She isn't even able to use them for self-defense, or to help others, or she'll be hunted and murdered. She tries to live each day as if she were normal, hugging her sons, attending to her wifely duties to Carlton, keeping the house--she has to be normal, for her family's sake.

Notes:
-Please don't create human characters, only Witches. You can have human characters speaking to your Witches, random commoners and what have you, but no main characters should be human.
-Keep in mind this is set in the Medieval Era; there are no cellphones, only wealthy men are educated (if your character is a wealthy female, she could've had a private tutor as a child, but common women were uneducated), most girls were married off as young as 14, and the parents often chose the husband.
-Good Witches try not to reveal themselves as Witches, because of Witch hunts, but evil Witches are too powerful to care (they can kill anyone who tries to touch thm)
-Dialogue should not be modern, e.g. your character shouldn't say something like, "Oh my God, did you, like, see what that chick just did?"
That's all I can think of right now, might add more later.

Last edited by xXSweetDreamsXx on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Good Witch, Bad Witch Empty Re: Good Witch, Bad Witch

Post by Uvindei Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Can I join?
Uvindei
Uvindei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:26 am

Yup!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Bump??

Back to top Go down

Post by Uvindei Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks!
Name: barmaid Charlotte
Good Witch or Evil Witch: neutral(is that okay? If not, I can change it.)
Appearance: Deep indigo eyes, very pale skin, black hair, medium height, hair usually puled back.
Personality: Quiet, thoughtful, passive.
Bio: Didn't know that she was a witch until she was ten, ignores her powers, parents dead of plague, shuts out the world usually.
Uvindei
Uvindei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:05 am

(Neutral's fine; Good is like using magick to help others, Evil is using it against people, neutral's just kinda like using it for little things that are neither good nor bad. Well, duh, that's what neutral means. I'm stupid. rabbit )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:44 pm

Name: Lady Anastasia (last name Devereux)
Good or Evil: Good Witch
Appearance: Good Witch, Bad Witch Avi10
Personality: kind, caring, stubborn, outspoken, generous
Bio: Lady Anastasia grew up rich and was educated young. She was not married off at a young age and has yet to be married off. She has known about her powers from the time she was little and chose to be good after her mother was killed by an evil witch and she is out to get revenge. Her father does not like magic, but keeps her secret.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:39 am

Okay, I think this is enough people. How should we start?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 pm

i don't know...

Back to top Go down

Post by Uvindei Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Charlotte:
I had to scour the mugs. Serve the ale. Everything was terribly monotonous, but I needed the job.
Uvindei
Uvindei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Anastasia:
I sucked in a breath as the maid tied my corset tightly, cutting off my ability to breath. I smiled and thanked her as she helped me into my gown and once I was done I headed out to the market.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 am

Shannon
The moon was peeking over the horizon as I prepared dinner under the fire. Beef and potato stew, once again. Carlton had put Aldebrand and Rowan to work in the field earlier, he had them harvest the produce, so I had some fresh vegetables to add to the stew as well. Of course, a lot of the vegetables and fruits the children harvested were of putrid quality, and that was just not acceptable for my family. I did a little magick to enhance our food, just enough so that it was safe to eat, and tasted good enough for my sweet boys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Name: Lord Peter Asterby
Sex: Male
Good Witch or Evil Witch: He is fairly neutral, but mostly uses his powers for self-gain.
Appearance: http://aurory.deviantart.com/art/THE-MAN-20846221?q=boost%3Apopular%20man&qo=3
Personality: Lord Asterby is manipulating, opportunistic, and highly controlling of his young wife.
Bio: Lord Asterby was born into money, and has been surrounded by it his entire life. Each generation of Asterby has had one witch or one warlock. Lord Asterby was the one who, much to his delight, inherited the family's power. It is, admittedly, not as much power as he would like, though. He has been studying up on how to gain more power. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Name: Lady Petronilla Asterby
Sex: Female
Good Witch or Evil Witch: Neutral
Appearance: http://dashinvaine.deviantart.com/art/Medieval-maid-20095674?q=boost%3Apopular%20medieval%20woman&qo=3
Personality: Petronilla is sweet, charming, and witty.
Bio: Most people are very fond of Petronilla. It's not uncommon to hear gossip-mongers whispering things like, "Poor dear, married off to that no-good Lord Asterby. Just you watch - it won't be long before he's made her a mother, too. Tut, tut." Petronilla, however, is the only one who seems to admire Lord Asterby. She was married to him a year ago, and has grown accustomed to his odd behavior. For a girl of fifteen, she's a very powerful witch.

Last edited by BariJoy on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Uvindei Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Charlotte:
I sigh as I finish the last mug. The bar is empty but for two gentlemen, one snoring at a table and the other sitting in the corner. I don't like the corner man. He is here almost every night, wearing a dark cloak and watching everyone.
Uvindei
Uvindei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:27 pm

(Is it alright if Lord Asterby is "the corner man"?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Uvindei Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Sure.
Uvindei
Uvindei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:35 pm

(If you had plans for this mysterious man, that's alright. I'm just not sure how else to bring Asterby in.)

When Lady Petronilla Asterby awoke, Lord Peter Asterby was nowhere to be found. That wasn't unusual, he often spent many nights at taverns. Petronilla was never quite sure why, but, as his loving and doting wife, she was in no position to complain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uvindei Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:37 pm

(( its fine))
Uvindei
Uvindei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Lady Anastasia walked to the tavern and inside. She rarely went to these sort of places, but decided that she needed a drink and a strong one at that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uvindei Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Charlotte:
"May I help you, Ma'am?"
Uvindei
Uvindei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Lady Anastasia smiled. "Yes, I'd like the strongest thing you have, please."

Back to top Go down

Post by Uvindei Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Charlotte:
I raise an eyebrow but say nothing, filling a mug with our strongest ale.
Uvindei
Uvindei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Lady Anastasia grabbed the mug and placed a large amount of money on the bar and smiled. "Thank you." she said, walking away and over toward the corner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uvindei Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Charlotte:
My eyes widen at the amount of money. "Excuse me, ma'am... that's too much." I say.
Uvindei
Uvindei

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Lady Anastasia spun around and smiled sweetly. "Keep it, you are doing a fine job and believe me I can afford it." She spun on her heel and proceeded to head toward the corner, eyeing the corner man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum