the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enjoy Your Stay

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Enjoy Your Stay Empty Enjoy Your Stay

Post by Regret Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:01 am

Welcome to Wallestoft Hall, a slightly decrepit manor house in the heart of the English countryside. Currently, it is being used as the base for a summer camp type of thing, in which privileged teens from almost anywehre in the world get to spend a couple of weeks living in this delightful house and exploring the nearby village and surrounding countryside. However, the people who always seem to be drawn to Wallestoft Hall are... odd.

Wallestoft Hall is haunted.
Are you a thrill-seeker, a ghost-hunter, or an innocent bystander?
...Or are you something altogether more sinister?

Name:
Personality:
Other Info:

All characters are welcome, but respect other people.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Enjoy Your Stay Empty Re: Enjoy Your Stay

Post by Some New Stillettos Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:21 am

Name: Aribella. Not Ari, not Bella, just ARIBELLA. Last name? You'll never know.
Age: I'm going to go with 16, unless you want to know my real age. In that case I'm 450 years and 3 months old.
Appearance: Long black hair that curls to a little bit past my shoulders, deep green eyes. Petite but don't let that fool you, I could kill you in a second and not even blink.
Personality: I'm feirce and outgoing. I won't open up about my past so don't ask.
Other Info: Unfortunately, I'm immortal. Think of me as a witch that can never die. Oh and I'm being hunted... did I mention that?

Some New Stillettos
Some New Stillettos

http://courtlynnrose.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:49 pm

These three are characters from the book I'm writing about Wallestoft Hall.

Name: Rose Wallestoft
Appearance: tall and graceful, Rose is quite voluptuous. She has a vast mane of hair the colour of black cherries, and deep dark brown eyes. She is pale, and has a finely sculpted face.
Personality: Rose is quite mad. She is also not the nicest person around. She just wants to enjoy herself, and undeath has only heightened her interest in boys.
Other Info: Her body is hidden under the floorboards in the library, and has been since 1906.

Name: Lily Wallestoft.
Appearance: also quite tall, with the fine and proud features of the rest of her family. She is not as impressively curvy as Rose, and her face betrays a deep and terrifying madness. Her hair is blonde and done up in a very tight bun that merely sharpens her face. Her eyes are piercing blue.
Personality: Lily was always sharp and acidic, and death has not mellowed her. Like a deadly poison, a century of undeath has increased her fury and potency a thousandfold. She is utterly insane and deeply bitter.
Other Info: her body lies on the bottom of the ornamental trout pond.

Name: Violet Wallestoft.
Appearance: She is shorter than her sisters, and because of her age she does not share their figure. Also, the planes and angles of her face are less harsh. She has long lank black hair, and dead-looking hazel eyes. Like all of her sisters, she generally appears in a night-dress. However, this one is not clingy and diaphanous like that of Rose, or as figure-hugging as that of Lily. hers is just a genuine, respectable night-dress that merely serves to heighten the aura of unease she projects.
Personality: She is the most sane one of the sisters, and still has some empathy for the living. Naturally, she is still bitter and resentful, but she is less emotionally driven and views things more objectively. She still isn't happy.
Other Info: her body is hidden under the floorboards of the main hall.

All three of the sisters are exceptionally powerful ghosts, capable of possession, poltergeist activity, influencing dreams, and more.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Ooh! I'll join, I'll join! And I'll make up brand new charries just for this chat. Although I'm tempted to bring back Lis.

Name: Cordelia (Lia) Johnstone
Age: Almost sixteen. She refuses to say fifteen, as her birthday's in a few weeks.
Appearance: Shoulder-length very curly brown hair, about the color of a melted blend of dark and milk chocolate, a sort of off-gold eyes, middling height, slender, delicate bone structure, but still has a bit of baby fat.
Personality: Very friendly, trusting, loyal, has a bit of a bite to her, doesn't like to be told what to do, but has a hard time realizing when she's wrong.
Other Info: Lia's family is a branch of the Johnstone clan of the Scottish Highlands, and as such has a relatively thick Scottish accent. You can still understand her, but it can be difficult at times.

Name: Caleb Brokaw
Appearance: Very red hair cut military style, darker blue eyes, tallish, well-build, broad shouldered.
Personality: Doesn't really like to talk much, but when he does talk, it's rather profound stuff he says, when not in conversation.
Other Info: Sent to England by his parents in America, had a small run-in with the law in London, and somehow wound up at Wallestoft Hall.

EDIT: Whoops, misspelled Caleb's name ^-^

Last edited by Kat Roswell on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:53 pm

((I'm definitely in! Just give me some time to work out my character(s), please :3))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:05 am

Winter Dragon wrote:((I'm definitely in! Just give me some time to work out my character(s), please :3))

Happy to. Preferably male, to keep the ratio similar.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:54 am

Bump.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:28 am

Shall we start?

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Sure! Perhaps your characters are walking up the gravel drive leading to the door?
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:45 pm

((Mind if I join?))
Alice
Alice

http://come-away-to--the-water.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Go ahead! You know what they say, the more the merrier.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:33 am

Cordelia grumbled as she dragged her trunk up the drive. Of COURSE her mother HAD to pack it. The thing weighed more than she did! Which wasn't saying much, she contemplated with amusement. Wallestoft Hall loomed above here, menacing, even in the middle of the afternoon.

I'll bring Caleb in later...

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:38 pm

((I'm going to rp my characters as saner than they are in the story, otherwise this would break down too fast))

Rose sashays out from behind one of the statues, and spots the new girl. She curtsies with a smile that is 99% friendly and 1% sinister.
"Hello! May I enquire as to your name?"
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Lia turned, startled slightly by the older girl's sudden appearance. "Cordelia Johnstone. But everyone calls me Lia," she said, holding out her hand and regarding the smile with a bit of unease.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:49 pm

"Lia..." Rose says the name thoughtfully. "Sounds a bit like 'lily'. Lily won't be happy."
She stops chattering.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. My name is Rose, and my sisters are called Lily and Violet."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:00 pm

"All flowers? That's neat, it sounds pretty. Rose, Lily, and Violet..." She trailed off, thinking of her cousins. She herself was an only child, but her cousins were the spawns of hell. It was for precisely that reason Lia was happy to not have siblings. "Do you live here?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:46 am

"Yes. Will you be staying here?" Rose takes a step forward. "Will you be wanting help with those?"
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:21 pm

"I believe I am staying. I can handle it though, thank you. Uh, do you know where I can find the sign in?" she asked, pulling a slip of paper out of her pocket. "I'm supposed to see a Mrs... how do you even pronouce that?" Lia showed the paper to Rose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Ali walked into the countryside home through the front door. She couldnt belive that she was here. She sighed and set her one bag down. Ali wasnt looking for anything but a peace of mind. If she found love then she would go for it but she was sent by her parents so they can have the house to themselves.
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Violet, leaning against the newel-post watches Ali entering. "Hello," she says quietly.

Rose glances at the piece of paper. "Wallestoft? Oh, don't worry about her. She's been gone for a while. The Wand family own the place now, all four of them. Although, if I were you I'd just come right in. I can tell them you've arrived later."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Ali looked up and saw a girl. "Hello." She said in a suttle tone.
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:18 pm

"You're new here," says Violet. "What's your name?"
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:18 pm

"Ali and yes I am." Ali said with a shy smile. She wasnt use to people talking to her.
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:27 pm

"My name is Violet. I've been here a very long time."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content