the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Overdose.

4 posters

Go down

Don't Overdose. Empty Don't Overdose.

Post by Avery Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:54 pm

I don't know how the city got this way. It was never supposed to end like this and now I know that I can't do anything to turn back time and make it all better.

People have been disappearing, bodies found laying around the once clean streets. The past hundred years have been like a wrecking ball to our city, to Orsia. There is a constant fear that you'll be next, that your emotions will be drained straight from your body. That what happens to people around these parts. If you're not rich or upperclass, that you'll probably be next.

After you've been harvested, your emotions go through the long process of being concentrated and pressed into tiny little pills. These pills are far more valuable than anything you'll ever see. Food, water, even diamonds. Only the snobs, the super rich, or the stupid theives will get their hands on these. Drug runners are all over the city, sending them from place to place.

Looking back, I guess I see how it all happened, as much as I'd like to deny it. After the president was killed, it just seems like everything is getting worse and worse, like some sort of fucked up chain of events. I just want it to stop. Now, the drug industry is running wild and I'm stuck in the middle of it. I don't really have a place around the industry, but one important factor is keeping me around. I'm Lyra. The dictators daughter.

Setting: Orsia is a large city, quite a bit smaller than New York City, but built very similarly. All of the buildings tend to be very large and the streets seem to be narrow, but everything looks rather run down. There are a few pristine buildings on the north side which is where all of the drugs are produced and held, but sometimes, you run across one building that might be a bit cleaner than the rest. There aren't a whole lot of people around and outside the city is a thick layer of forest, then beaches and the ocean, surrounding the entire city. Orsia is an island. Floating self sufficiently in the middle of nowhere. It was really the only place to survive on modern day Earth.

Character Profile:
Name:
Other:

My characters... Be prepared.

Name: Lyra Cross
Looks: Don't Overdose. Black-10
Other: Dictator's Daughter

Name: Adella LaPierre
Looks: Don't Overdose. Tumblr38
Other: She's a middle class citizen, not too high up.

Name: Waverly Vera
Looks: Don't Overdose. Tumblr47
Other: Um, she's got a lot of baggage, I can already tell, but I'm not sure what.

Name: Isaac Maise
Looks: Don't Overdose. Alexpe10
Other: At the top of the drug running gangs.

Name: Able Collier
Looks: Don't Overdose. Tumblr40
Other: n/a

Name: Regan Tolman
Looks: Don't Overdose. Tumblr41
Other: n/a

IT IS BASICALLY COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT QUITE A FEW OF THESE CHARACTERS ARE DRUG RUNNERS.

Last edited by Avery on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Don't Overdose. Empty Re: Don't Overdose.

Post by Momo13 Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:56 pm

reserves spot for like....4 charries
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Name: Vlad Stefoniou (Stef-on-neo)
Looks: Don't Overdose. Tumblr_lghtd0VkWh1qh4gm8o1_500
Other: n/a for now

Name: Landon Levine
Looks: Don't Overdose. Tumblr_lrot8t1o9c1qjyb7so1_500_large
Other:

Name: AJ Shelton
Looks: Don't Overdose. 128521-500x500-subtlehighlightb
Other:

Name: Heidi Cheeko
Looks:Don't Overdose. 6062821268_8ba12157f7_z_large
Other: she always wears this ring, no one knows why Don't Overdose. 217660_166134510108819_144153565640247_339450_1519856_n_large
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:27 pm

Name: Lane
Looks: (Picture is prefered) ermmm...I'll find one later
Brown moptop hair with a slight unruly curl to it. Cute rectangular nerdy glasses. Freckles on cheeks and around nose. Foresty green eyes with golden hints.
Other: lyra is his best friend? (if that is ok??)

Name: Sabrina
Looks: (Picture is prefered)
Don't Overdose. Rori_310
Other: Works for Isaac as a drug runner.

Name: Wyatt
Looks:
(Picture is prefered)Don't Overdose. Wyatt_10
Other: sabrina's brother. Doesnt aprove of her drug running.

Last edited by Momo13 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:45 pm

IT IS BASICALLY COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT QUITE A FEW OF THESE CHARACTERS ARE DRUG RUNNERS. (Just for reference, this comment wasn't made toward my characters, this was made to all of the characters in this chat. There will be no upper class unless you ask me specifically because I have one to come.)
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Name: Zev
Looks: Don't Overdose. Tumblr_lske72B6hE1qhk9t5o1_500_large
Other: Drug Runner

Name: Kaito
Looks: Don't Overdose. Tumblr_ls92bvxHRS1qht71so1_500_large
Other: Slight addiction

Last edited by Kid.Icarus on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:26 pm

NOTE:

Most common emotions are common to get on the streets, but some emotions are extremely hard for anyone to get, so drug runners rarely, rarely have the following:

Love
Hate
Peace
Fear

Alo, there are ranks in Running. They don't have cool code names, but they're cut into four quadrants:

1. (The lowest) Underlings
2. Middies
3. Orphans (Isaac is laughing... *has told me this*)
4. Kings
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Lyra hated it. She hated the money, the fame, she hated being the daughter of the most influential man in Orsia. She was constantly under pressure to be perfect, to be exactly what he wanted. But no one could make her perfect like they wanted. No now in particular. She stopped outside the back door of her father’s building, holding a spoon over a lighter. A few seconds after the mixture had boiled, she tied off her arm and sucked the liquid up with a clean syringe. It took her a minute to steady her breathing before letting the metal plunge into her arm. Within seconds, she was feeling the drugs take hold of her body. Trust. Euphoria. An easy high that she could ride for at least a few hours. She got up and left her drug stuff on the steps, wandering into the city.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaneColton Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Landon took a deep breath, his high mostly worn off. He had only given himself a small dose anyway. He stepped out his small house and walked down the street, trying to decide what high to shoot up with next. There were many emotions, but lust lingered in his mind. No, no. He mustn't use that one. It had caused him some trouble last time. He couldn't decide so he just shoved his hands in his pockets and walked, head down.
ShaneColton
ShaneColton

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:41 pm

The clicking of Adella’s heels and the soft shuffle of worn down shoes brought the sorrowful street to life. All of the faces were cleaned of emotion. They all looked so old, so sad. Adella couldn’t blame them. Most of them looked like shells of the people they once were. They probably were, constantly worried about their loved ones being snatched in the night and drained. Wasn’t that what everyone worried about? Well, not if you don’t have a family. That’s why she was thankful she didn’t have anyone to rely on or anyone that would weigh her down by needing protection. She was alone, which meant she was as safe as she could be.

Waverly had almost finalized the sale. She resisted the urge to tap her foot impatiently as she held out the pills to the man who just looked them over like she had all the time in the world. She had a client to meet in ten minutes and she wasn’t going to be able to go anywhere. Then, her urges finally spilled over. “You gonna buy something or not?” She snapped. He looked up, surprised and grabbed three bottles of pills without even looking. She grabbed her scanner and scanned the pill bottles, then his card and turned her back without a second word. She needed to get to the other client before she was too late and he called the deall off.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down