the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carkley (Authors: Jacellion)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Carkley (Authors: Jacellion) Empty Carkley (Authors: Jacellion)

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:46 am

A chat for the thief duo you know and love... for the most part. Heh. Pretty sure character sheets are a little redundant... so... let's commence with the commencement!

This takes place in a random city, pretty late at night. Just because.

Back to top Go down

Carkley (Authors: Jacellion) Empty Re: Carkley (Authors: Jacellion)

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Cricket

Well, this was a bit fun, just walking like this. Seeing the sights, picking pockets . . . holding hands . . . I liked the feeling of holding hands. Come to think of it, Marley was the only person I could remember ever holding my hand for more than a moment.

I was staring through a slit in my hair to just look around, watching through the bustling crowds. The lights were everywhere, scaling up buildings as tall as heaven. It was a bit . . . lovely? Not quite the right word. But it was something, aye.

Oi my. Mm. Did I smell coffee?
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Marley
The night air had a slight damp chill in it, the mist in the city like a thin blanket. It was so beautiful though... the lights across the horizon were like man-made stars... I gave Cricket's hand a tiny squeeze, glancing over at him with a smile. Didn't break the peaceful silence that hung between the two of us, though, savoring the quiet bubble we seemed to be in- detached from the bustle of the city... it was like a tiny taste of heave-
Hey... something smelled like coffee... and pastries! I love me my pastries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Cricket

Marley perked up like a dog smelling bacon, so perhaps she wanted to go in there just as bad as I did. I had money right there in my pocket. It was out of someone else's pocket, but that's beside the point. "Pardon, pardon, just following th' coffee," I said as I swerved torward the door and pulled Marley with me. The glass door swung open, the smells hitting me like a crashing wave of . . . good stuff.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Marley
"Hah, great minds think alike..." I laughed as he lead me into the cafe. It was warm... and so... good... smelling. The furniture was pretty simple, but nice. Just a few overstuffed chairs, a counter, pictures, some tables... almost reminded me of the break room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Cricket

I grinned, squeezing her hand, and looked up at the menu. Oi my my. Forgot I couldn't read. Let's see . . . perhaps I'd get the squiggly loop-dee-doops, in the large cup. "Something about signs makes me feel a bit dumb . . . but they 'ave fluffy chairs 'ere, so it's all a'right!"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:07 pm

Dorian
Tonight, there was a pair of ambassadors on vacation staying at the hotel, about an hour from here. Well, to be more accurate, there /had been/ a pair of ambassadors who WERE staying at a hotel. The bodies had probably been discovered by now.
I had needed to get far enough away, fast enough, so I wouldn't be a suspect... but now I was taking a short break. After a job well done, why not?
...Then I saw my sister holding hands with... whateverhisnamewas from the chatbox...

Last edited by endellion on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Cricket

Everything was so shiny here. It was a bit of a culture shock, to say the least. I wasn't sure whether or not I liked too-clean better than the worn-down stuff I was used to. The coffee machines behind the counter were practically mirrors . . . there was some guy behind us, according to one of the warped reflections. I didn't think anything of it, and looked back up at the mysterious squiggly lines. " I don't get 'ow you people turn that . . . into words," I murmered, raising an eyebrow.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Dorian
"Excuse me, but may I ask what you are doing with my sister?" I asked, taking a step towards the two with their fingers intertwined. Marley whirled around like she had heard a shot, her face going a couple of shades paler when she saw me.
"Uh... hi bro..." She mumbled "What brings you here...?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Cricket

I whirled around, staring up at the looming figure who I was pretty sure wouldn't mind putting me back in my place, and therefore, away from his sister . . . since when was he the protective type? But I figured this wasn't the best time for snarky remarks. So I just stood tall as was physically possible for me, put on a straight face, and said . . . well, in my head it sounded a lot stronger. "Well, it's an interesting story."

No, no . . . could I start that over? Authors have backspaces, aye? Use it, Jacky!

My eyes flitted down despite myself. Eye contact, not my strong suit. " . . . I, ah . . . well, I've grown fond of 'er."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Marley
"Shut up, Dorian, it's not like you've ever been-"
"Silence, Marley, I will address your temper tantrum in a moment. As for you..." He turned his cold stare on Cricket, his eyes flashing with irritation "What do you think gives you the right to date my sister, exactly?" There was something in his voice that made me shrink back a little, like when I was a little kid... I bit my tongue for the moment

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Cricket

His voice was like one of those really icy waves; You see it coming, and brace yourself, but it still makes you shudder a bit. I felt myself shrink a bit at his question.

What right did I have? Honestly, I wasn't anything special. I was just that kid that nobody listened to, and frankly, nobody needed to listen anyhow. But . . . Marley didn't think so. Did she? Would she even be there if she thought I was nobody? I wasn't sure how to say that I was qualified, but I did know that I was lucky to have her. She was the oddest girl I'd ever met, that was odd in the good way.

I was still looking down, oi my my. Perhaps I would cheat. Hair back in my face, I looked up at him again, and pointed at Marley. "Because she kissed back."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Dorian:
I looked over at Marley, who seemed to regain some of her courage at Cricket's words. She crossed her arms, most- but not all- of the fear leaving her eyes.
"Yea. So. Therefore. You just need to... leave... or something..."
I gave her a look that was both threatening, and condescending. Maybe the same look that you would give to a child that was about to receive a punishment. That managed to shrink her back a little. Throwback to when it was just her, Alex, and I, I suppose...
I could still make her afraid when I wanted to, then. I would keep that in mind.
"So therefore, you suppose that gives you the right to go behind her family's back to enforce this illicit relationship? Hardly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:15 am

Cricket

In the small bit of greyed vision I had at the moment, I thought I saw Marley rise up and then shrink again. That wasn't alright. "With all due respect, mate, what makes you say it's your choice t' make?"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:23 am

Marley
"And what, you think that 'your love' is the best thing for her? Or perhaps something equally as poetic. The truth is, streetrat, you get in as much trouble as she does. And when you're together, the trouble increases. Some day, you may be looking down at her broken body. Only that time, she may be dead for the final time. Is that what you want? Are you truly that selfish? Or have you deluded yourself into thinking she's safe with /you/, the boy who can't even protect himself?" Dorian's voice got harsher and harsher as he spoke.
"Yes, I suppose you are right, I cannot make those choices for her. If you want to assist her getting killed, be my guest" His voice was dripping with contempt.
I opened my mouth to make a witty retort, but he glared at me again, and I lost my words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:05 am

Cricket

I stood there, eyes on the ground rather than Dorian, watching every posotive thought I'd had get plucked out one by one. He . . . was . . . right. I caught myself tracing over my scar, and lowered my hand. ". . . I know I'm not good enough, friend. Never close. I know." There wasn't much more I could think to say. It was selfish of me, wasn't it? What was that saying? If you love something, let it go? The last thing I wanted was for her to get hurt. I stole a glance at Marley, who I was no longer holding hands with. Kinda missed that . . .
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:15 pm

Dorian
"That's not true!" Marley interjected, taking a subtle step forward. "Cricket, don't say crap like that. And Dorian... stop acting like you know everything. You don't. Especially about the sister you abandoned when-" Usually, I didn't resort to hitting my sister. I do, however, make the occasional exception.
And I didn't hit her very hard, but she still recoiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:17 am

Cricket

"Don't. Touch 'er."

Just like that. The heavy guilt snapped away, a shove, and suddenly I was craning my neck and staring into the face of an assassin twice my size. No one hits Marley.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Marley
Ow. Okay. That didn't feel great. I put a hand gently on my left cheek. Yup. That was going to leave a bruise. Oh well... I avoided his angry gaze...

And then Cricket... did... something... Cricket, what are you doing?! I just watched him in shock for a few moments. What. Is. He. Doing.

Dorian just gave him a blank look for a couple of moments.
A few blank, drawn out moments.
"What exactly do you think you are doing, Cricket?" He asked, a dangerous edge to his voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Cricket

I tried to keep a strong look on my face, frozen there, staring up at him. Honestly. At least I kept my hair out of my eyes just enough to keep eye contact. Aye, I couldn't let myself hide, not now . . . but despite myself, the nervousy was so deep it felt like bullets pulsing through my veins.

I stole a glance at Marley. Didn't look too long, because I was afraid to pause and allow my face to fall into worry. Missed holding her hand . . .

"As a matter o' fact, I was about t' ask you th' same question. Why'd you 'it 'er?" My voice came out a tad stronger than I anticipated, and I stood a bit taller.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:33 am

Dorian
This had taken a turn for the irritating, and simultaneously, entertaining. It was reminiscent of the time Arkan had tried to play the role of hero, also.
"For your own physical health, I would advice you to not intrude on other peoples' business. Kindly take leave of the situation, or I may be forced to resort to extreme measures."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:51 am

Cricket

I felt my fists clench and unclench as I held my ground, some snarky remark hot on my tongue. I was tense for what might happen sooneafter. I was a runner, not a fighter . . . sometimes my pride didn't quite realise that.

But then came a thought out of nowhere. Rarity, there, that I actually listen to my thoughts in times like these, but I did. This wasn't about my pride at all. So my expression softened in that next moment as I sank back to my usual stance, the tense silence still lingering around. I was sure some people in the shop were staring. I didn't particularily care at the moment.

"Do you worst, mate . . . I won't win. Th' thing is, I've grown fond of Marley." I said that just like a fact. "It won't change, y'know."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:02 am

Dorian
"That is true. You will /not/ win. Pathetic, really. I fail to see why you do not simply give up." I gave him a cruel smile "I assure you, it would be easier on the both of you" I studied his reaction, mostly testing him. If he continued to stand firm, he was either exceptionally brave, exceptionally stupid, or exceptionally in love with my sister. Or perhaps a combination of all three...

Marley
Nobody notices the midget when they're in a deep, heated conversation. That's something I've always kept in my back pocket for situations like this. Dorian's gun dissapeared before anybody had even realized I left my spot next to Cricket.
The next thing my brother knew is that under my long dress sleeve, his own firearm was pressed against his side. Nobody watching could see it, but I was sure he could feel the barrel.
"Ah... I have a better idea. You could leave, and we could go back to getting coffee. How does that sound? Cos I'm pretty fond of Crick, too, ya see..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:20 am

Cricket

I stood there, no longer trying to act tougher than I was, but just standing there. Aye. Took all my courage to simply be my pathetic self, but it was me who was caught with his sister, and it was me he would have to accept. I was about to say that I'd already given him the reason.

Then Marley was holding a gun to her brother's side, from the looks of it. I quite nearly laughed at that; should have expected her to do something crazy. "Oi my my, slyness runs in th' family, aye?"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:28 am

Marley
"Heck yea." I said with a sly grin, standing on my toes so I looked a little taller. Actually didn't help much.
I fully expected Dorian to make some quip about how I wasn't reaaaallly going to shoot him... which was probably true, but I wasn't /quite/ sure at this point. Or about how I probably would somehow manage to miss, with the barrel pressed /right against his side/ Or-
"Alright. You win"
WHAT
"I've seen all I've needed to see here" He said with a slight smile pulling at the edge of his lips "I admit defeat" Then he quickly disarmed me, and I braced for another hit...
But he turned and walked away.
What.
Just before he went out the door, though, he turned back to us slightly.
"And take care of my sister, or I swear I will put a bullet in between your eyes, Mr White"
Then he was gone.
My life has never been so confused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum