the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The One That Got Away...

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The One That Got Away... Empty The One That Got Away...

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:29 pm

A/N: Wow...fourth topic!!! Anyway, here we go! I got this idea by the Katy Perry song: "The One That Got Away" and the music video, which I all would like you to watch! It'll help you get the idea of the topic's storyline!

Storyline: "In another life, I would make you stay." We've all had our break-ups, but when our loved one are ripped from our lives by God...what do we do now?

Prompt:

Name:
Occupation (optional):
Bio (please state how they're love one passed away at least):

SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

http://alovelyworldforusall.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

The One That Got Away... Empty Re: The One That Got Away...

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Name: Geoffrey
Appearance: The One That Got Away... Ode-to-the-Nice-Guys
Occupation (optional): TBD
Bio (please state how they're love one passed away at least): Geoffrey never had a perfect life, but with his love April...he believed he could take life one step at a time. But when she passed away last month with lung cancer, he hasn't been able to take life anymore. He has been through several hospitalizations, all because he has attempted suicide. So now his therapist has ordered him to go and meet people once a day, everyday. He finds that there's no hope in that, but deep down he has a glimmer of hope.

Name: Cheryl
Appearance: The One That Got Away... Sad-girl-teddy-bear1
Bio (please state how they're love one passed away at least): Her parents passed away in a fire. She doesn't remember much about them, but she does have nightmares about the burning crimson she saw when the fire was happening and her parent's screams. She can't seem to handle the nightmares, taking sleeping pills to suppress them. All she want is someone to help her, and free her from her nightmares.

SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Sherlock Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:30 pm

((Can I join?))
Team Sherlock
Team Sherlock

Back to top Go down

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 pm

((YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS))
SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:47 pm

(Can I join? Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Sherlock Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:55 pm

((I'll make my characters in a little bit.))
Team Sherlock
Team Sherlock

Back to top Go down

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:00 pm

((M'kay Team Sherlock, and yes you may !nspired))
SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:10 pm

(Great! I'll try to get my charries up as soon as I find pictures)

Back to top Go down

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:19 pm

((M'kay~))
SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:23 pm

(What's the setting going to be? And would it be okay if I establish a relationship to one of your characters in my bio? Er...that sounds weird. >-< I mean, like, is it okay if my girl character knows Geoffrey through school, or work, or around the neighborhood or something? I haven't decided what I want the relation to be, I was just wondering if that'd be okay, to have some things established between characters beforehand?)

Back to top Go down

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 pm

((The setting can be in a small town. Just somewhere our charries can meet up in. So yeah, a town in America...on Earth...in the universe. XD And totally! Establishing a relationship with a character is fine. As long as you let me know, I'm totally cool with anything!))
SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:32 pm

(Lol, okay. I always like to have some people know each other in chats, before it starts, so not ALL of them have to awkwardly meet up somehow. xP)

Back to top Go down

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:38 pm

((Yeah, I'm liking that idea more and more. Having to think up scenarios for people to meet up is awkward! And too much work! So yeah, glad I could help!))
SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Sherlock Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Name: Cole
Appearance:
The One That Got Away... Tumblr_lngse1QLii1qgls16o1_500_large_large
Occupation (optional): He works as a waiter in a diner.
Bio (please state how they're love one passed away at least): His dad left when he was young, causing his heart to be ripped out of his chest. Due to the experience, he learned to protect his heart... A little too well perhaps. When he met Elizabeth, he fell hard for her, but was cautious, too cautious. He thought he knew everything about her, except one thing, she was depressed. They got into a huge fight one night and she ended everything, including her life. Now Cole is the one who's depressed and he also tends to do unhealthy things because of that and has done a few petty crimes. In fact, it's a miracle he hasn't been put to jail for anything yet. Maybe he needs someone to help him off his path of self destruction...

Name: Mia
Appearance:
The One That Got Away... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbdcxRWBe5iULNlPRg7RO9fOgv6UkVBIz6A3ZYrxAHtjtL7nkCkQ
Occupation (optional): She works in the library and is also a writer.
Bio (please state how they're love one passed away at least): When she was sixteen, her dad was murdered and she was left hurt and broken. Someone finally came along, a someone who helped ease the pain. But one night that someone, James, got in a car accident that killed him. Mia was left torn and now she swears that she's cursed. Opening up to people, to her, isn't an option...
Team Sherlock
Team Sherlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Name: Lucas Wright
Appearance: http://data.whicdn.com/images/18207236/tumblr_lv1pca8rhA1r70mkvo1_500_large.jpg
Occupation (optional): Lifeguard. Indoor in the winter, outdoor in the summer.
Bio (please state how they're love one passed away at least): Lucas has always been an irresponsible, burn-out of a guy. He got this way by letting himself make excuses for bad behavior. E.g. I don't need to look out for Katie, she's only a year younger than me. After awhile, his excuses to himself turned to lies.

And then he met her. Vienna changed his whole life, intent on making him someone his parents could be proud of. And in the process, she became proud of him, too. And pride in her work slowly turned to love for Lucas...which was returned.

But then she was diagnosed with cancer, and within months she had to leave her project, her love, behind. Without Vienna there to remind him how to act, Lucas slowly slid back into his old habits. Except there was a slight adjustment: This time, he was sure he'd never fall in love. These days he'll have as many flings as he can find girls, but he'll never let himself develop more than physical attraction to any girl. Love is stupid in Lucas' eyes.

Name: Katie Wright
Appearance: http://data.whicdn.com/images/18209973/tumblr_luvndvZsZc1r3kv20o1_500_large.jpg
Occupation (optional): Hostess during the week, library assistant on the weekends
Bio (please state how they're love one passed away at least): Katie had never looked for love. It wasn't that she didn't want it, or didn't believe in it, but she simply didn't have time for it. Not when she had to make up for her brother's behavior, be the good kid -- the perfect child her parents had always wanted and needed after raising Lucas. So while most girls went to the mall to flirt and giggle about clothes, Katie stayed inside and studied. Or went and helped out at the local animal shelter. Anything she could add to her transcript to make it look better -- she planned to go to an Ivy League college, since she knew Lucas wouldn't be going to even community school.

Brian was truly a surprise. He'd just moved to town, and his parents thought he should get involved in the community. So, he signed up to work at the library, and the only shifts open were the ones with Katie. At first, he didn't particularly like her. She was a little serious for a girl his age, and she was almost as serious about her work. But as the days went on, as they shelved load after load of books, Brian slowly got Katie to open up to him and loosen up a little.

When Brian's plane crashed, and she didn't even get to say goodbye, Katie didn't know what to do. So naturally, she hid it. Like she'd hidden everything she felt, since the day she realized she had to make up for Lucas. These days, Katie can be found shelving books (alone), a smile tied to her lips. Because that's how Brian would have wanted it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:02 pm

(lol Sherlock, look at how much our occupations overlap xD this should be interesting)

Back to top Go down

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:13 pm

((I'm gonna make a few more charries...))

Name: Ian
Appearance: The One That Got Away... 841875130
Bio (please state how they're love one passed away at least): Ian came from a very rich family, and he fell in love with a "street rat" named Veronica. His family hated her very much, but that didn't stop Ian from loving her. One day, his parents moved him away to a boot camp, saying this girl was provoking "inappropriate behavior." When he came back, he found out that Veronica killed herself out of grief. Now he mostly keeps to himself, wondering what will happen to his life now...

Name: Susan
Appearance: The One That Got Away... Thumb3_sad_girl
Bio (please state how they're love one passed away at least): Susan fell in love with someone who she never should have. Riki was part of a large gang which dealt drugs and caused violence throughout the town. But one day Riki got caught, and was killed in a misfire by the police. Susan was a wreck, the one person she knew didn't neglect her was gone. But now she hides it through drugs, just expecting that a prince will come save her.
SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

Back to top Go down

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:16 pm

((btw, I am loving the overlap of occupations here. XD))
SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 pm

(It wasn't intentional, I swear! xD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Sherlock Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:21 pm

((XD This should be interesting.))
Team Sherlock
Team Sherlock

Back to top Go down

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:29 pm

((Lol, well let's begin, shall we?))
SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Sherlock Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 pm

((Yessssssssssssss, let's begin.))
Team Sherlock
Team Sherlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:59 pm

(I'll be on and off -- go ahead and start Very Happy)

Back to top Go down

Post by SelfProclaimedHeroine Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:23 am

((Alrighty, I guess I can start!))

Geoffrey sighed a sigh of relief when he came out of his therapy session, though he knew that he was going to have to do some work if he wanted to convince his therapist that he was doing alright. Of course he wasn't alright, but if he was wanting to stay off that medication that he supposedly needed, he was going to have to act like he was okay. As he walked towards his car he rubbed the key chain that was stuck to his lanyard, a gift from April a long time ago. The name April seemed so foreign to him, but every time the word goes through his mind...well there lies where he isn't okay.

Cheryl tapped her pencil in a slow beat as she waited for school to get out. She went in time with the clock; one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi... Finally the bell rang! She was one of the few people first and out of school, she had to be if she wanted to get home at an decent hour. She slowly walked her way to her foster parent's house, rubbing her eyes from the sleep she's been deprived of.

Ian tried for the third time to call his parents, it had been ages since he had came back into town since Veronica's passing and his graduation. And his parents couldn't do a simple thing like answering the phone! He hanged up the call after the voice mail came up and got out of his car, heading for the restaurant that was nearby where he was parked. It was an family reunion that his parents begged him to go to, but now they seemed to care less whether or not he was going. Either way, he needed to get himself something to drink.

Susan made her way towards Riki's grave site with a bouquet of yellow roses. As she got closer and closer to it, she kept thinking about how Riki said yellow roses described their relationship. She held back the tears as she finally met her destination. "Hey Riki baby," she murmured, setting the roses down on the tombstone. "happy birthday." She sat there in silence for a while, letting the wind swish her pulled up hair back and forth.

SelfProclaimedHeroine
SelfProclaimedHeroine

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Sherlock Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:39 am

Mia was in the library behind a desk, working. The library was deserted which met she was left alone in her thoughts. If she was around people and had something to keep her mind off things, she was good. But if not, her mind wandered to things of the past and memories better left buried. It was time like now that she wanted to curl in a ball and cry. The two distinct memories that were playing through her head were of when the police told her that her father was dead and when she found out James was dead. Tears were threatening to spill down her cheeks, but she bit them back.

A small shiver went down Cole's spine as wind cut through his thin jacket. A cigarette was hanging from his lips and he was walking toward her grave. Today he was sober and not high. Two ways he normally kept memories at bay and stayed sane were by getting drunk and by getting high. The only thing keeping him sane at the moment was the nicotine from his cigarette and eventually that would be gone. He neared Elizabeth's grave and it took everything in him not to cry.
Team Sherlock
Team Sherlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum