the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D P)

3 posters

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D P) - Page 34 Empty Re: PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D P)

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Rosalie: "good lad. Tiffany will show you to your quarters. Abbey can stay out here, and she can start her knife training. You two will be sharing, as I presume you will prefer." I said, running my finger across the shiny flat metal of my dagger.

Back to top Go down

PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D P) - Page 34 Empty Re: PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D P)

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Tiffany smiled at Nathan. "Follow me," she said, and started down the steps to the quaters.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Nathan nodded his thanks to the captain and followed Tiffany.

Jack sat on his barrel and drank more rum. "If there's nothing for me to do," he mumbled, "Might as well take a caulk*." He leaned back against the gunwale** and pulled his hat low over his eyes.

Abbey stood up and waited eagerly to begin learning.

((*"Take a caulk" is pirate slang for taking a nap. I could explain, but it's a long explanation as to how it came about.
**The gunwale is the low wall around the top deck of the ship, if memory serves correctly.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Rosalie: "can I see your dagger, lassie?" I smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Abbey handed over the small blade. "Is this a pirate ship?" she asked innocently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:38 pm

BariJoy, you really do your homework when it comes to pirate slang Razz
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Jacky K. wrote:BariJoy, you really do your homework when it comes to pirate slang Razz

((I'm writing a book that takes place during the Golden Age of Piracy. I've done a ton of research on all things "pirate" in the past few weeks. Smile))

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:47 pm

Cool ^.^
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Lol.

Rosalie: I laughed. "Of course it is." I smiled. Such a sweet girl. I wish I had a daughter like that. More than likely ill never have a daughter. I examined the blade. Small and lightweight, meant for someone small. Well crafted. I handed it back to her. "Your daddy made a good choice of a blade for you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Abbey grinned, "So that means I'm a pirate, too!" She happily accepted her dagger back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Rosalie: I laughed some more. "Yes, yes you are."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:55 pm

She's so cute XD
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Ikr?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:59 pm

((That's the whole point of Abbey - to be sweet and adorable amid a sea of rough-and-tumble pirates. A bit of comic relief, if you will. Smile))

Even Jack couldn't help but chuckle at the small girl. It was a shame she was now roped into a career as a pirate. Ah well.

Abbey held the small dagger and merely stared at it. It was so odd. The blade fit in her hand so perfectly. Back in Tortuga, she'd seen older children carrying such weapons and weild them with dazzling confidence. She couldn't wait to learn how to use one herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Rosalie: "alright then. Jack, do you want to help me teach this adorable young girl?" I smiled angelically, even though most of the Caribbean knows I'm the exact opposite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Jack pushed his hat up a bit away from his eyes and squinted at the sudden change from dark to light. "I s'pose I can," he said, standing up off the barrel and adjusting his hat.

"I have a question," Abbey said, looking at Rosalie, "What's your name?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Rosalie: "Captain Rosalie Swan, Miss Abbey." I said, removing my hat slightly and putting it back on. "Now, sit on that barrel Jack was on and watch. We'll do a demonstration."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Abbey giggled at the formality and hopped up onto the barrel, watching the two pirates intently.

Jack shrugged off his jacket and tossed it aside. Reaching for an inside pocket of his vest, he withdrew a dagger. He looked at Rosalie, silently asking, Ready?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:41 pm

Rosalie: I pulled my dagger out of my boot. "En garde!" I said, grinning wickedly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Jack met her grin with one of his own, moving a step closer. Daggers were really meant for close combat. Taking her confidant statement as permission to make the first move, he attacked with a simple blow that little Abbey would be able to learn without too much difficulty. He intended to switch over to more complicated moves as the demonstration duel progressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Tiffany watched silently from the stairs, smiling a little. This would be fun.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Rosalie: I blocked his blow with a basic parry, then pushed his blade off of mine. I lunged at him, slowly so Abbey could see the moves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Jack blocked the blow and struck out again. It continued in this way for quite a while, each blocking the others strikes then launching their own attacks. It was rather simple, as it was intended to instruct a small girl, but proved to be a fun distraction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Rosalie: eventually, I grazed his arm with my blade. It tore his shirt and coat, causing a slight cut on his skin. I laughed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Watching a drop of blood ooze out of the nick and onto the once-white fabric of his shirt, Jack commented dryly, "Well, that's just lovely, that is." Then, without warning, he lashed out a response strike, just barely hitting Rosalie's shoulder. It sliced straight through her clothing, but didn't break skin. For some reason, Jack thought that it might not be wise to injure the captain of the ship he was running away on in any way, shape, or form.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next