the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRAND NEW SHINING ORIGINAL CC!!!!!!!!!!!!

+3
Momo13
Regret
Jacky K.
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BRAND NEW SHINING ORIGINAL CC!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty BRAND NEW SHINING ORIGINAL CC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Jacky K. Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:40 pm

So often we chatting authors get into the habit of using the same old comfy characters. Well, what about the hundreds of undiscovered characters that could be uncovered? This chat will work like the original "Dump your canon character here" chats: no breaking of the fourth wall, all original backstories, ect. ect. You can create any character at all, as long as they're new and original. Fantasy, Sci Fi, anything you want. Diversity is a good thing. You want to make a robot from the future named Jud who sells milk on the moon? Go for it. Get creative!

The setting is a park. We'll figure out the specifics of it later. Just roll with it!

No charrie sheets! Introduce your new character(s) solely through writing. (Although it would be helpful to have a private character sheet handy, to jot down the basics as a reminder to yourself)

Have fun!
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

BRAND NEW SHINING ORIGINAL CC!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: BRAND NEW SHINING ORIGINAL CC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Regret Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:43 pm

I have three new characters I'm trying out. They're heavily modified off of some previous characters I used once and then discarded.

Lily rises out of the pond, her long black hair falling about her narrow face and over her thin shoulders. She stares moodily at everything, and glides across the water to step onto the shore. She is fairly beautiful in a thin and angular sort of way, and is dressed in a long white Victorian night-gown. She would not seem more than a little odd were it not for a subtle wrongness about her. She looks like she has been put together, wrong, although no one can quite work out how. Maybe her limbs are too long, her eyes too large, her face too thin, or some other slight oddness. Whatever it is, she her movements look unnatural and puppetlike.

The long grass rustles, and, seemingly out of nothing but grass and loam, Rose stands up. Her features bear a faint similarity to Lily's, but she is taller, broader, and curvier. She oozes attraction from head to toe. Her hair is a wild mane of black streaked with dark cherry-red. She does not share her sister's air of wrongness, but is instead sultry and sensual, almost to a terrifying degree.

From a stand of trees, the Unchangeling appears. His hair is long and shaggy, tangled with twigs and leaves. Laurel wears a long, dark-green cloak and a brown jerkin and trousers. His eyes are green. Not with green irises, but just purely yellow-green orbs with a slight luminescence. he carries a short whittler's knife on his belt.

Last edited by Regret on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

BRAND NEW SHINING ORIGINAL CC!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: BRAND NEW SHINING ORIGINAL CC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Momo13 Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Jaquelyn sat in the corner of a park, watching everything around her. Her fingers tugged at the dog tag chain around her left wrist, but didnt dare take it off. She was told to never take it off by her mom when it was given to her, shortly before her passing away. She followed that wish of her mom's and swore to keep it on at all times.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Above, in a small, woodsy area, a small, woodsy girl carefully ascended the next branch of a tree. Satisfied with her altitude, she clung to the bow and started creeping outwards, teal eyes narrowed in concentration. Bit by bit, she made her way out to the end and peered through the leaves. Ah...what a beautiful view. She brushed a few blonde locks out of her eyes with a furry black paw-gloved hand, took a deep breath, and smiled.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Like a wisp, she enters the reality of /being/. It looked like stepping out of a fog, details steadily getting sharper and shapes becoming more prominent, only there was no white shroud behind her to step out of. Just coming into a state of being in this realm.
In the night the light wind ruffles her 'hair', giving a soft grassy sound, and she reaches up to run a hand through her hay textured beige hair. She pauses, looking around the space before her with red eyes and yellow pupils. Easily, she hides in the darkness, her skin pitch black with only the beige runes upon her skin to give away her tall, slim, human shape and white tunic. Around her hips is a black belt, and behind her a gold and silver hued sheath and hilt.
"Montserret..."
She pauses at the disapproving tone, and another figure steps out beside her after a moment.
"Not yet," he warns, his voice lighter toned now, though his gaze remains hard with the similar eyes Montse has. "It's not time."
She lets her hand fall back to her side as she studies him, taller than her, but more athletically built. His red hair, like that of a maple tree in autumn, shows darker in the night, his red runes and tunic with black trousers blending into the surrounding blackness better than her beige ones.
"I know," she says simply, looking away as she starts walking through the tall thigh high grasses. "I just wanted to come back here for a little while..."
Sharply he speaks, "We do not belong here anymore."
And again, she responds, "I know, Zepour..." But makes no move to go back to him, simply continues on, and after a moment he makes a noise of annoyance and disappears into the fog-that-is-not-there again.

(...I...dont even.....)
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:52 pm

The Unchangeling lays a large, powerful hand gently on the blonde girl's shoulder.
"Upon my soul," he says in a voice that is almost a deep, dark whisper, "Hide like a Cobbin, you do. I should never have known you were here."

Lily can sense Jaquelyn's presence. She is filthily alive, almost polluting the air with her aliveness. It's quite disgusting. She glides through the grass, her arms outstretched, searching for her prey. In the joy of the hunt, she dehumanises even further, her eyes growing vast and being filled almost entirely by the pupils. Her mouth opens far too wide, filled with too many needle-like teeth.
"Come here, child..."

Rose relaxes by the light of the moon, completely unaware of the actions of the others.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Jaquelyn could hear nothing. Absolutely nothing. She hasn't been able to for years now....but it was still unnerving. Its why she always sat with her back against something, so it would be hard for someone to sneak up on her. She never closed her eyes for long periods unless she was sleepng. She always tried to be aware of her surroundings. She rarely got distracted by the little things and tried to keep a clear mind.

Looking up, she saw someone aproach her. Someone.....scary to say the least. She jumped up and backed away. What to do...waht to do.... She looked up into the tree branches and started climbing like her life depended on it, and right now she felt like it did. Up and up and up, higher and higher, as high as should climb in the tree. She didnt look down, or around her, just to where she was trying to get to.

Last edited by Momo13 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:11 pm

((Yes.))
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:38 pm

((edited)
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Lily speeds up, gliding at high speed over the grass without any apparent disturbance.
"Come here, child."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Jaquelyn just kept climbing, higher and higher. This was not good. This was very not good. She thought stuff like this would stop happening to her. THe monsters and freaks would stop after mom died. Or even after she lost her hearing.

She passed a girl as she climbed and nearly slipped, knocking some leaves onto her.

(that is WD's girl if that is ok...)
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:54 pm

The girl jumped at his touch, whirling to look at him and nearly blowing back her black hood in the process. She quickly grabbed hold of the fuzzy top edge and pulled the fleece garment back into place, standing up the fabric bear ears as well.

"Um, hello," she greeted in a quiet voice.

Then some leaves fell from above. Curious, the girl looked up. Another person in the tree...
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:07 pm

"And a very good day to you as well, milady. You may call me Laurel. Who and what- may I ask, are you?"
Laurel tilts his head, then looks up at the girl above them in the tree. He reaches out a hand to her and beckons gently.

Lily, unmoving, stares up at the tree.

Rose is near Montserret but has no idea that she's there.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:32 pm

"Um, I'm Lynne," the girl answered. As for what she was, she was unsure if she should say. But this person...he was very strongly connected to the forest. Lynne could feel it. She figured, then, that telling him shouldn't be a problem. "I'm a forest spirit."
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Jaquelyn stopped and looked down to where whatever was following her was. Her breathing was ragged but she couldnt hear it. No one really understood how much you would miss hearing the little things until you absolutely couldnt any more. People said they did, but no one would understand.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Montserret continues through the grasses, hardly making a sound as she walks. Her body language is relaxed and calm, but even then there was an air of danger to her.
She slows to a stop, however, pausing with another slight wind. Her eyes wander over to the girl in the grasses, though she does not speak. She makes no move to harm, unlike the other one from the lake. Montse takes a slow breath. "I assume the other is a friend of yours..." she speaks carefully. Nono, Zepour would certainly be upset if she interfered... Though what would be the point of the title 'guardian' title if nothing was done...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:54 pm

"Yes..." Laurel frowns. "That brings things together well enough. Wherefore do you come here, and how?"
Laurel looks up again at the girl above them.
"I won't hurt you."

At the foot of the tree, Lily opens here oversized mouth, and thousands of teeth slide out audibly.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Rose's head turns all the way around to face Montserret.
"I beg your pardon, good lady?"
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Montserret's calm demeanor does not change, but she does not say anything in reply either. Instead she takes another step, continuing on without disturbing the grasses around her, her hand slowly going back to grasp the hilt of her knife.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Jaquelyn looked at the lady and nearly started crying. WHat did she want from her? What was going on in her life? Why did this stuff keep happening?!
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 pm

"I can travel through any forest," Lynne answered. "As long as there's a woody area, I can appear there." She paused, tilting her head to the side. "What connection do you have with the forest?"
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:54 pm

"I... I am bound to serve it. As long as it protects me, I must protect it. It bound me to the fair folk, against their wishes I might add, and gave me power. Some power comes from the Forest, some comes from the fey. I am the Unchangeling."
Lily hisses from the bottom of the tree.
"...And that's Lily."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:24 pm

((Think I'm gonna switch to present tense.))

Lynne peers down from her perch, scrutinizing the person below.

"A ghost?" she asks. "What happened to her?"

Those vibes...they aren't good vibes. The more Lynne focuses on the hissing girl, the more her skin crawls. Life...isn't supposed to be like that.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:22 pm

I glanced at the lines and lines of code scribbled across my arms. That should have done it. Should have. If I had it right. I think. Theoretically I was going to be spat out in some weird foreign land that the Internet was hiding from us...somewhere magical and shiny like Dallas.. maybe even Dallas itself. I'd written everything open ended, so it could take me where ever it wanted. I really didn't mind.

Last time I had paid any attention, I'd been planking on top of my shrinebox waiting for the Internet to take me. I'd paid a lot of money for that shrinebox... most cardboarders couldn't afford one. Just so I could go planking across the universe.

And then... I was here. I didn't really know where I was.. there were tall brown things with little floaty green bits taped to the end. And... and... the sky was covered Some...like ...darkness and random sparkly crap. Like glitter or something. Who gave the sky craft supplies? It kind of freaked me out.

I looked around for my shrinebox or any other remenant of my house... or of Auda. Nothing. Nothing at all. Not one cardboard box.

It had worked.

A grin crept across my face. This was surely... like... some kind of miracle! Perhaps I would walk across Mordor and have tea and crumpets with CEILING CAT HIMSELF!

Though... I probably can't just walk into Mordor... according to legend, that never works.

I started exploring around this new freaky place, wondering if I was waiting for something or something.

Last edited by Mr.Face on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Invisimort
Invisimort

http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:44 am

"That is not a question I can answer," says Laurel, shrugging. "But she hates mortals."

Rose spots the strange girl appearing out of nowhere and goes over to investigate.
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum