the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Science Experiments: A Tale of Two Antagonists

2 posters

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Science Experiments:  A Tale of Two Antagonists - Page 9 Empty Re: Science Experiments: A Tale of Two Antagonists

Post by Black&White Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:14 pm

Inque

Someone was talking to me, but behind me. Not that I turn around to really look at whomever it is, so she gets the back of my head for the duration of that puke. Lazily, I swivel around to peer half lidded at her, raising an eyebrow. "Well, snooty bitch, I can't exactly say I would've expected any fun from that activity with you people. Pardon me if I've found more exciting conversation from /Edgar/ -" Putting emphasis on his name. "- In fact, sorry I ever happened to consider someone with a pole up their ass as a friend. Really, what was I thinking? Even less of a thought train that's going on in your head right now, apparently. A shame; you already seem so inanimate-object-like in what may be going through your mind..." I sigh out bored.
Promptly after, I turn back to Face and just shut down any chance of response like she had. "So math? And then we can go home together, Edgar?" I say, more chipper than ever.
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Science Experiments:  A Tale of Two Antagonists - Page 9 Empty Re: Science Experiments: A Tale of Two Antagonists

Post by Invisimort Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Edgar:

...This is the point at which I wished I had eyes. Because, quite honestly I wanted to see what kind of facial expressions were crossing this girl's face at that. True, some of the language was... decidedly foreign in nature, but really the whole idea got across remarkably clearly.

She seemed to look at Inque and then back to me and then back to Inque and then back to me. Pardon the reference I couldn't quite contain myself in that instance. "HE HAS A HOUSE? AND YOU'RE GOING THERE?! ... ...whatisthisidonteven " She ranted. ...I have to wonder if she assumed that I was just a vagrant or something.

She paused for a moment. And then... surprisingly addressed me. "How much are you paying her?"

I was completely taken aback by that one. "...what...? I'm afraid I don't understand your line of questioning... expound?" I asked, just... utterly vexed.

"How. Much. Are. You. Paying. Her. You. Faceless. Pedo." ...The kind of world we live in where the word 'Expound' apparently means 'go slower and add more insults'.

"...I m not a Pedophile, nor am I paying her." I stated still in a state of vexation. I didn't quite understand how this line of questioning even arose.

"How much is he paying you?" She asked completely redundantly. ...I didn't understand why I couldn't be taken at face value for that...

...wait. That was it wasn't it. Clearly the deviant is a dishonest, deranged, pedophile. Right. ...You know, that kind of stereotyping wasn't potentially harmful at all. This was the kind of thing that made me contemplate ripping all their heads off, quite frankly, even if I have been dealing with it for years.
Invisimort
Invisimort

http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Inque

"Please..." I start, giving another giggle. "Nothing's being exchanged between us. Except maybe mutual understanding and friendship~" I act all super innocent and infatuated, keeping my back to her. My only movement is shimmying my chair closer to beside him, going as far as to rest my head on his arm - upon remembering his outburst of privacy... Stupid limits upon actions... "It's sooo nice being with an actual intellectual instead of dead-brain-inducing ditziness..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Edgar:

And I felt her head on my arm. ...Interesting choice, but alright. I suppouse that this would be an apt place to note that the issues I have with privacy do not extend to the point of absurdity. Physical contact is not...really an issue. Depending on the scenario of course. But in this situation... I suppouse the whole line of reasoning here is: There isn't really anything private about her head or my arm, and thusly, there is no issue.

...I am finding it rather nice to be complimented for a change. And amusing. Because the reactions that one or two little statements can produce are... amazing. Perplexing certainly. But just because they lack logic does not prevent them from being amusing.

"INTELLECTUAL?! ...BUT HE HAS NO FACE! HOW DOES HE EVEN...LIKE... DO ANYTHING? I MEAN... SERIOUSLY."

... ...And that was about where I drew the line on ignorance. "I would like to call your attention to the fact that I am well within earshot of you, and as such, there is no need to yell. I would also like to call to your attention that there exists such a language as Braille, which, while I have little doubt such a thing exceeds your realm of competency, I use every day to do the majority of the reading that you struggle through on a daily basis. My own abilities or disabilities should hold no bearings on my academic competence. However, as I listen to the world around me, I think that perhaps eyes are the disability in this instance, considering the difference in readily observable intelligence." ...Yes. I do realise that the majority of that flew right over her head.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Inque

"So math. And then we're going home together?" I ask again, sickly sweet, seeing as how it never got an answer. Then glancing back at her disgusted. "Still here? Why don't you waddle your way away already and maybe get something to fix that rod in your back? Act all high and mighty when you're the lowest being in this place. Hurry up and end your existence before the universe gets sick of your nonsense and does it for you." Shooing her away before looking back at Face and smirking.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Edgar:

"Yes. Math. I do wonder if she's going to ask me to find x again." I'd kind of missed that question earlier, in the midst of all the...stupid. "And home. Yes. That too."

"YEAH WELL YOU GDIAF TOO." She replied... prior to finally walking off, leaving several tables around us in stunned silence I do believe.

"Well, that was certainly... interesting." I stated once the insane one was out of earshot. I at least have the decency to speak about other people behind their backs instead of to their faces, unlike some people who see fit to talk about you as though you aren't in the room...or are some kind of invalid incapable of comprehending human speech.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Inque

Silent giggles shake my shoulders as I nod, laughing into his arm to attempt to lessen the sound in the surrounding silence of people watching. "They're so fun to play with," I manage to say. "How do you manage not to simply make fun of them every day?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:08 am

Edgar:

"Because my resentment gets the better of me most days, and what would start out as good natured condescension would almost certainly result in a bloodbath or something. And quite honestly that stupid diploma is more important than occasional lulz punctuating an expulsion ridden path of gore. Pardon the colloquialism. " I explained as she laughed into my arm.

With my other hand I brought a forkful of... assorted processed things to my mouth. A lunch in which I forgot to eat. I never thought that that could happen.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:20 am

Inque

So then math, of which Face did the usual of falling asleep, it seemed. So that went by slower than I would have thought. Something about square roots or some such nonsense...

And then the end of the day, which the bell announces as the usual end of class to signal moving around. I get up and get my bag of whatever Lumi last left in here, pausing for Face.

"What today back at the place? Science again, so that we might follow an every other day schedule with our deal?" I ask him.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:35 am

Edgar:

I slept straight through math class. So, having passed most of my time completing a REM cycle, I didn't realise that it was the end of the day until that bell rang and she started talking to me.

I peeled myself off of my textbook. "...hmm? Oh. Right. Science. Certainly. Though it seems to me that we also have to make a few living accommodations regarding things like carpeting and acquiring food storage and beds and whatnot. ...I also have to figure out how to get the OS safely from the monastery over there... but the idea of alternating is a good one. Keeps things even provided that neither of us spontaneously combust." I replied as I tossed several things into my bag.

"Edgar, did you get the homework?" The teacher asked me randomly...as if I could have received the homework while sleeping.

"I'll get the assignment from..."I turned my head in Inque's direction, not exactly remembering what her assumed title was. "her." I finally just said ater a moment.

I had to wonder if he'd left or not after saying that, as there was a momentary silence in the room. "...What? ...oh. ...uhm. Alright then." And with that I stood and left the room, ducking to fit under the door properly.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:44 am

Inque

I follow along to exit the school and walk along the roads. "Supplies are understandable. Shall I help?" I ask, again falling in step with him. Drizzling again, but I didn't mind. I rather liked the feel of the rain when I wasn't fretting over potentially melting into a blob on the sidewalk. Feeling childish again, I giggle a little and, skipping ahead slightly, give a quick spin and stop to walk backwards to look at him.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:54 am

Edgar:

"No, I fully intend to expend exorbitant amounts of money without asking your input, even though many of the choices regarding your own living environs will then be made by someone with only a theoretical grasp of things like colour." I replied, my sarcasm not biting but more amused.

I had to wonder how she could walk without running into people without actually looking at wherever she was going. Though I shouldn't because I manage just fine... but... she has eyes, and I'd understood that one had some kind of reliance upon them if one had them. They were necessary.

"Finding enough plywood will pose a challenge... as well as food storage. Refrigeration is quite....expensive." I continued on, dropping into a more serious tone.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:05 am

Inque

I smile at his amusement, happy he may finally be loosening up. Afraid I didn't have any solution to refrigeration. "We could paint the carpet for now? Acrylic paint is liquid plastic, basically. Wouldn't be so annoying on my molecules and would make a supposedly better sound for you?" I didn't actually know, just throwing out suggestions. My eyes to the ground, I skip around the numerous puddles playfully, only vaguely paying attention to where I was going and just pausing at corners to make sure Face didn't change directions randomly without telling me so.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Edgar:

"But then you don't have flat acoustics...There would be topographical irregularities in the painted carpeting that could be...distracting. ...and I don't want it to melt if I start putting heavy machinery on it." I replied after a few minutes of consideration of plastic. Plastic...I always had mixed thoughts on plastic. It's resonant qualities were...It depended really. On other factors. ...Though it would be much better than the white noise of carpeting. ...We could paint the walls in plastic. That would be better than the hideous drywall that was there now.

"Perhaps we could paint the walls in plastic... but I do think that the floor needs to be something that doesn't run the risk of melting the machinery." I restated after a moment. "It would probably be a good idea for you to read the signs on the store fronts, see if anything sounds like it would carry something that we would be interested in owning." I took a turn off the regular path home, theoretically pointing us toward a more commercial district. I may have memorised the map of this place but that didn't mean I had any confidence in applying the knowledge. Streets changed. Locations changed.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Inque

Read more? That involves paying attention... I stop with the puddles, looking around the place while walking beside Face. And reading the signs of the windows and over the doors as we go along the sidewalk, spelling out the words I didn't know again.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Edgar:

I have to wonder why some people name shops things that are only marginally related to what may or may not be housed inside them. We eventually ventured inside some kind of furniture store. "I suppouse beds are high on our list of priorities considering the fact that we are both currently spending our nights on the floor... though, I wouldn't protest the acquisition of a desk either...perhaps two... one for the OS and one for general use. Oh and a chair. For torture purpouses. Because binding people to pipes is just awkward." I stated as we entered the shop. It was rather cramped, and one could hear tightly packed.... things. Everywhere. Occasionally mounted on the walls, when there was no more floor space. "Our capital is moderately limited, but don't allow that to bother you at this point. If we exceed... We can probably do something about that." I informed her.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Inque

I look around, staying beside him. Well, easy solution...I did offer to steal for him... "Well it's your home, not mine. I don't really care. Two beds aren't really required. I'll stay on a couch, no need to waste money," I say. "I'll read the prices for you. Describe it if you really want." Aisles were so small I fell back to walk behind him instead, wandering at my own pace. If he needed me to do such, he'd say.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Edgar:

"Couch? I'm not familiar with what kind of furniture that is..." I stated, which caused me to feel terribly ignorant of furniture in general. "However if it is a more economical investment, then I suppouse it would be good to acquire one."

I allowed myself to wander the place listening to... general statistics about the pieces. "Nothing here exceeds 7 feet in length does it." I asked somewhat flatly after a moment.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Inque

"No, doesn't appear that way," I answer the question first then describe: "A couch. A longer version of a chair, only fabric or leather and more comfortable. Like a bench, but with a back to it..." Wonder if that explained it well. Ah well, I'd point one out if we came across one; that was a good medium. Length obviously referred to him, another interesting problem...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Edgar:

"Ah. I understand. That makes sense. For maximum seating." I nodded, storing away that information for later, when I could apply it to something. "Hmm. Proposed solutions to that predicament? ...perhaps they will consider selling beds by the half unit. I could purchase one and a half beds." I postulated aloud. I would probably end up paying more by the half unit, actually, but... One could easily generate more income through a few hours running tech support somewhere... As much as I hated tech support as a construct...It was necessary, at times...to have a flexible income with which to do as I wished...

"I like that chair." I stated completely tangentially, having heard something rather blatantly wooden and with several spaces of air through the back of it which I assumed were as a result of chair spindles. It would be ideal for hostages... and possibly homework as well. I liked the idea of multpurpousing things. Made all expenditures more... efficient. Though that meant that I may occasionally end up with blood on my clothes... but... really was anyone at my school ever lucid enough to realise such things?
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Inque

"Well, if we're looking for plywood, we may stick a piece beneath the mattress and cover with pillows or that fluff in packages..." Some lovely experiences added to 'that fluff'. Being shipped here randomly by authors or some such business... "We simply must make sure not to sit at the foot of the bed..."

I blink out of whatever caused that random idea to pop up out of no where. Weird, how things just came to mind while staring at said chair that he liked. "Wood, a lighter kind, though there's evidence of there having been some color on it at some point. Arm rests and chair spindles for the back..." I take the tag in hand. "Fifty four rectangles," I read off, looking up at him.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Edgar:

Fifty four... was manageable... Though ideally we'd be able to talk that down a bit... I disliked the idea of paying full price for something at this point in time... especially considering that it was not in the best condition. I wouldn't hesitate to invest large quantities for something purchased straight off the Internet, because I knew that I'd be paying for quality items...but here... I hesitated at the idea of paying listed price. It wouldn't feel quite right.

"I suppouse that 54 could be negotiated on. And the idea with the plywood is quite good... Perhaps we could retrofit it all together with duct tape and twine so that it would be safe to sit on as well. Hm. And did we want to invest in one of those... couches you mentioned earlier?" I ran a hand over the back of the chair experimentally. It was smooth... the left over paint lumps were evident, but not protruding in a way that would detract from its intended purpouse.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Inque

"A bed would just be a waste. I don't sleep, as said. Just some place to lay down, and a couch would be good for that." I go off through the thin aisle, spotting one. Looks didn't much matter, so long as springs were staying in the cushions. I could put the girl's blanket over it if the fabric started to bother me too much for an instant face lift. Plopping down upon it and bouncing slightly with the springs.

"This one's good." I stretch out the other way to reach the tag at the other end of the couch, laying on my stomach. "One hundred fifteen. Appears to be intact. Fabric with a hound's tooth pattern, can sit two comfortably, three if needed," I say. "A bed and two desks then?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Edgar:

I kept a mental tally. 115... plus 54. Would leave us at 169. Which could theoretically all be negotiated downward. "Yes. That sounds about right. And then we can have that all dropped off, and continue our search for enough plywood." I concurred. I realised that I had no idea what a hound's tooth pattern was, but figured that such a thing was irrelevant to me. As such, I made no inquiry as to its significance.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Inque

I roll off and stand again beside him, giving a smile. "So lead the way, pick your stuff out," I say. Hands on my hips, I wait to walk. Describe and read prices...whatever else.
And then a sound...only on the inside. Stomach was busy digesting itself... Didn't fully care...the body could go a week without food, only three days without water. So it didn't matter if I didn't have her eat immediately.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next