the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Twisted Tale

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A Twisted Tale Empty A Twisted Tale

Post by Black&White Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:16 am

Schizophrenia

Usually from:
- Genetics - if a family member has it, you'd be more likely to have it
- Traumatic events
- Starting teen or early adult years. Childhood schizophrenia usually starts at around five years of age, however is rare and hard to diagnose

Symptoms:
At first, you may have the following symptoms:
- Irritable or tense feeling
- Difficulty sleeping
- Difficulty concentrating
As the illness continues, problems with thinking, emotions and behavior develop, including:
- Lack of emotion (flat affect)
- Strongly held beliefs that are not based in reality (delusions)
- Hearing or seeing things that are not there (hallucinations)
- Problems paying attention
- Thoughts "jump" between unrelated topics ( “loose associations”)
- Bizarre behaviors
- Social isolation

Broken down into four classes:
Paranoid schizophrenia symptoms may include:
- Anxiousness
- Angry or argumentative
- False believes that others are trying to harm you or your loved ones.
Disorganized schizophrenia symptoms may include:
- Problems with thinking and expressing ideas clearly
- Childlike behavior
- Showing little emotion
Catatonic schizophrenia symptoms may include:
- Lack of activity
- Muscles and posture may be rigid
- Grimaces or other odd expressions on the face
- Does not respond much to other people
Undifferentiated schizophrenia symptoms may include symptoms of more than one other type of schizophrenia.

Ready for a twisted tale?

You've all grown up this way. Hallucinations and delusions are a norm for you. Stays at the hospital, medications, doctors and psycho analysts simply disrupt the day by day flow for you.
These things that you see are real to you, no matter what the doctors say. Living beings of any type, from normal people to talking animals. Some may be nice, others may try to instigate you to act out, but there is usually one that you become attached to or one which you see most often.

You've grown fond of this one being. Perhaps a bit too fond. But they are always there for you, and always understanding no matter what the doctors may say.
Your constant companion.
Your best friend.
Your love.

Format:
Name - (most likely, hallucinations will have unusual names. Being named by these schizophrenic people and all...)
Age -
Gender -
Person or Hallucination -
Hallucination of whom - (talk it out in the box, if you'd like. As said, one person would normally have more than one hallucination being, so multiples are all good.)
Other -

General rules apply. PG - 13, no PPing or GMing, be mature about fast forwarding certain scenes... One liners are allowed if nothing else can be said.

We start in a group therapy session.

Group decision: shall hallucinations be able to talk to each other, just to have more interactions? *totes knows wouldn't be IRL*
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

A Twisted Tale Empty Re: A Twisted Tale

Post by Black&White Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Name - Theo West
Age - 20
Gender - M
Person or Hallucination - Person
Hallucination of whom -
Other - been in and out of therapy and the hospital since he got into a car crash at 10. Woke up with some pretty bad hits to the head and to find his sister dead next to him. not much memory of before the hallucinations, so he doesn't really have much to base off them being existing beings or not.

Name - Annabel Lee
Age - 17
Gender - F
Person or Hallucination - Hallucination
Hallucination of whom - Tyler
Other - classic victorian girl, though her shadow sometimes takes on the form of a demon.

Name - 400
Age - N/A
Gender - ?
Hallucination of whom - Theo
Other - it's a black cat, with a thorned tail. piercing green eyes.

Name - Ai
Age - ?
Gender - F
Hallucination of whom - Gray
Other - a fairy girl, though human sized. absolutely white skin, with pitch black eyes that have an opal like quality to them of making rainbows in them in the right light. Raven hair that goes down to her waist, though it has a tar like appearance to it. No bust, like a normal woman, though she has a tattered skirt. bare foot, but lots of bracelets on her wrists and ankles.

Last edited by Black&White on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:03 am

I'm interested in joining this. I'll post my charries later
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:40 am

Name - Katherine Bennett
Age - 19
Gender - Female
Hallucination of whom -
Other - She hasn't spoken since she was admitted into the hospital. She hasn't even screamed or made any noises at all. She just stares at the wall, usually looking like she's in a coma or they're wide open, as if she's scared.

Name - Black
Age - 19
Gender - Male
Hallucination of whom - Jake, an ex boyfriend
Other - Biker, usually wearing dark clothing. Always has a knife in the hallucinations.

Name - Tyler Haas
Age - 17
Gender - Male
Hallucination of whom -
Other - Friends with Theo (if that's okay..) and is often violent. He has many scars and bruises from fights.

Name - Bone
Age - ...n/a I guess?
Gender - n/a
Hallucination of whom -
Other - It's a mix of dragon, cat, plants. It's head is of a dragon, the body of a cat, and ivy wrapped around it. It has bright blue eyes and is all white , except the ivy.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:17 pm

want to start?
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 pm

May i join?
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:41 pm

yeah! C:
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:11 am

Sure (about starting) Smile
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Theo sat in one of the circled up metal chairs of the conference room, the doctor across from him with her clipboard to take notes and ask questions to keep conversation going. Other than that, she didn't do much. Just sat and listened, which was nice. There weren't a lot of people who would listen about 'hallucinations'. Theo didn't really think he belonged in this circled up group, however. There was nothing fake about those he could see. It was special. No one else could see them. They were his alone, no one else's...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Katherine looked around, blankly staring at the other patients. She looked like she was half dead and her "figure" always stared at her right in the face. Her eyes grew wide and froze with fear.

Tyler was angry, as usual, that he was in this group. He didn't believe that no one saw what he did and it drove him insane. Only yesterday he had shoved a female into the wall, because she was staring at him. She was a threat. Bone believed him...yes...Bone....
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Name - Gray Thompson
Age - 18
Gender - Male
Hallucination of whom - N/A
Other - He's had these visions all his life, just a bit of an oddball....... tall and fairly skinny, shaggy dark hair and sort of grey-green eyes. Never got on with people well, couldnt make a lot of friends as a child. By the time his parents realized that there were not just average childhood imaginary friends, it was at the point where he was a total loner, paying only minimal attention to real people. He mostly resents people for trying to tear him away from his hallucinations.

Name - Celosia
Age - Uhm..... no idea
Gender - Female
Hallucination of whom - No clue
Other - A humanoid being of flames, occasionally changes shape into something that looks more like a large panther, except... made of fire. If that makes any kind of sense.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm

(exchange hallucinations now, since everyone made their people?)

Theo looked over at Tyler next to him. He got it. That's why he got so angry. The things they saw were just for them; no one else. They were special that way.
Like 400. The cat laid by his feet, staying politely silent as those who wanted to talk did so. She...or maybe he... was always polite like that...

Annabel stood behind Tyler, letting him know her presence by a light hand staying upon his shoulder. The hair of her bun falling out of place, though the curly brown strands framed her young face perfectly. She fixes one by tucking it behind her ear with her free hand neatly, before replacing it upon her skirts, her fingers musing with the fabric.

Ai's black eyes wandered the room, though with their solid color it was hard to determine where, exactly, she was looking. She leans down with her arms folded upon the back of Gray's chair, her head rested upon them. Playfully, she lightly tickles the back of his neck.
"After, might we be able to go outside? I want to fly..." She whispers for cover from all the listening ears.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:09 am

Tyler's eyes went wide, feeling a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Annabel. "Annabel..." He whispered, putting his hand over hers. Tyler looked at her youthful face, wondering why she had ever talked to him.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Theo heard the slight murmur of Tyler and peeked over, though he looked back at the psychologist. He shouldn't pry...
Annabel smiled at her name and looked down at Tyler, moving the hand under his to lace her white gloved fingers with his. "Tyler," she whispers back in greeting, as if there were those overhearing their conversation. "They judge us when we talk... Disrespectful bunch..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:27 am

Gray: When i felt the light tickling across the back of my neck, i did not raise my eyes from where they remained fixed on my lap. The only indication i gave that i had felt her was a slight hunch of my shoulders and a brief, small smile flashing across my face. "Of course...." i murmered quietly back to Ai. "Of course, of course.... i'll ask, as soon as i get away from here....". I did not initiate eye contact with anyone, even Ai, despite the fact that i wanted to look at her. I would look at her when the doctors werent staring..... the more i acknowledged her when they were watching, the more they tried to tear her away from me. Once, it had worked. They'd got some drug into me and she'd gone away...... i'd never panicked so much in my life, never felt so empty and alone and afraid. I needed her..... she was real, as real as any of the doctors, sometimes even more so. Sometimes it seemed like she was the only thing that was real. I couldnt deal with having her taken away again. Not again, not again, not again......

Dunno where to put Celosia, so i'll just leave her for now.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:56 am

Ai breaks into a smile, putting her thin pale arms around him and resting her head on his shoulder. Her hair does not do a normal swish to follow the movement, but more flows like a slow, pitch black liquid. "And then what?" She whispers in his ear, looking at him with a played wide eyed innocence.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Gray: My rigid posture relaxed slightly as i felt her arms move around me. "They either let us outside for a bit or they dont...... but they wont let us leave the session..... it'll have to be after....." i said very, very quietly, risking a sidelong glance at her. As much as i'd like to leave here right now and just go outside, i knew they wouldnt let me simply exit the session, and i couldnt just go out either..... i would probably have to actually find a doctor or nurse and ask, something that i really didnt find myself looking forward to. I didnt like to interact with the people here. The other ones trapped here, sometimes, but not the doctors and not my family, on the very rare occasion that they appeared here. But i liked to be outside and Ai wanted to go outside and i liked to try and keep her happy, so i would ask someone. As soon as they would just let me go....
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Ai

My eyes sparkle like opals as I look back at him, smiling sweetly. "Too nice for me..." I play with my bracelets as the doctor talks some, to try to prompt more people around. Silly woman should go away.... My eyes narrow at her. Try and take my Gray away.... Just wrap this up already...
But no. "Gray, anything to add?" She asks, tilting her head at him and giving a friendly smile.
I tense around him. "An act...She only wants to take me away..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Gray: One side of my mouth lifted fractionally in a barely-perceptible smile. "Would you rather i be meaner?" i asked softly. But then the doctor was speaking and i registered my name, my attention being momentarily pulled away. I heard Ai speak, registered her words. I knew them to be true..... the doctors only ever tried to tear her away from me. I raised my eyes, staring at the doctor for a moment and mutely shook my head before returning my gaze to my lap.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Ai

My smile grows at his response, and after he looks down again I nibble his ear. "Matters how," she mumbles, giggling slightly.
The doctor nods, scribbling a last note. "This was a nice session. I expect everyone to be back on Wednesday, yes?" And she continues on with her finishing speech before standing, signaling the end.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Gray: As soon as we were allowed to leave, i stood, reluctantly disentangling myself from Ai for the moment. I left the room, trusting she would follow. She almost always did, and when she didnt, she was never gone for long.... always here when i needed her. "How would you prefer?" i asked over my shoulder as i glanced around, looking for one of the more easygoing doctors or nurses who would be easier to approach and more likely to let me outside for a bit. I'd been here a long time, and although i didnt speak to them much, interacting with the staff here only when utterly necessary, i did observe them and i did know quite a bit more about them than they thought i did.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Ai

I glance around at all the commotion before noticing Gray leaving. My translucent wings spread, then moving nearly too fast to see, I follow. "Nothing's wrong with a bit of aggression..." I say slowly, smiling as I fly backwards, keeping pace with him with my arms clasped behind my back. Feet land silently upon the ground, my wings folding back in a swift movement, simply to continue going backwards, walking this time, with my bangles jingling.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Gray: "Hmmm...... but aggression might bring the wrong kind of attention. They might.... they might take you away again.... i dont want to risk that." i said. I finally spotted one of the nicer nurses and hesitantly made my way over, tentatively asking for permission to go outside for a bit. She agreed, as i'd been sure she would. Of course, a doctor or nurse would be watching while i was out there.... but it was as close as i got to freedom while i was in the hospital and even though i was being watched, it could be worse. The nurse led the way to the door and let me outside, standing watch by the door. I wandered out a bit and sat down in the grass. Ai could fly now...... i liked watching her fly. A good turn after having to sit through the therapy session...
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Ai

I follow, going on a head a bit to give a quick twirl in the sunlight happily. Spreading my wings again to fly, though never going far. Someone else may come bother Gray. But he was my Gray...
...Made me uncomfortable...
So after just a short while, I return to him, kneeling in the grass in front of him with my wings folded behind me. "Aggression with /me/," I say pointedly, giving a seductive smile as my hands go through his hair to clasp behind his neck. I giggle. "Nothing's wrong with that..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Gray: I tilted my head slightly, a bit confused. "With you...? But why would i want to do that....?" i asked. I wasnt sure i knew how to be more aggressive anyways..... especially not with her. As long as the doctors and nurses and my family mostly left me alone and i has Ai with me, i was content....... i didnt really see the need for aggression.
Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next