the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfsbane

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wolfsbane  - Page 3 Empty Re: Wolfsbane

Post by Black&White Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Zepour
"Nothing to thank for. If I had my way, natural selection would have claimed you for your stupidity," I state bluntly, not looking behind me to see her. The wolf's skull on my back glares at her instead, its canines forming the clasp of my fur cape. Marks of victory and supremacy, and yet the human can still order me around...

"Daylight will be soon. I suggest you get ready to walk, we're heading back shortly and I will not be carrying you." Have your lapdog do that for you. Straight back into death, or worse. "Once we are back, I also suggest you alter your scent in some way so the Pureblood does not find a need to track you."
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Joslien~
I gave a small nod and tried to stand. My legs wobbled to and fro and soon I fell over. I groaned and looked at my legs. "crap.." I muttered. I tried to stand again but.. nothing was working. I sighed frustrated.
"Alter my scent.." I whispered. "I had already done that." I muttered. Apperently not very well.
Alice
Alice

http://come-away-to--the-water.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Zepour
The nights were long this time of year, this far north. The first hint of color to the sky over the mountains to the east, I stand. Inhaling once to see if the Pureblood was around, though they tend not to be that stupid to approach upwind.
"The wolf has this scent of yours. However else you alter it, you should," I say, looking back at her blankly. "There is nothing wrong with your legs. You were standing fine yesterday when you should have been running, and I checked to see if your dramatic faint caused any damage."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Joslien~

I glared at him. "Hush your mouth." I muttered. I stared at my legs and prayed they would work. I tried to stand up again but fell. I muttered some not so nice words and finally I managed to stand up. I tried to take a few steps and managed to do so walk. I looked at him. "Where to...?"
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Zepour
I watch her, offering a walking stick. "Back to base," I say, simply answering the question before 'hushing my mouth'. It wasn't my mistake to put you out here, don't get angry with me... Humans had such a way with finding anything else to blame but themselves. Horrible trait of the race...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Joslien~

I watched him and felt an eyeroll comming. I walked past him out of the cave. "Come on." I said looking over my shoulder. My hair had fallen out of the ponytail and I smirked. "Dont want to be late now do we?"
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Zepour
I watch her, scowling. I'd like to see you try and get to base by yourself with those legs. Nice act, let's see how long it works... But I was supposed to 'hush my mouth'. Silence the entire trip. My walking stick then. Without another look, I set off in front of her at a steady speed no matter the terrain, completely silent.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:59 am

Joslien~
I walked with him and watched him. I had never been comfortable with people from his kind. I watched his every move. I took in the sort of .. beauty in his face. It wasnt as scary as I had once thought it was.
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Abbie Normal wrote:Wolf

Why was someone interested in me this way... They trailed farther, but still followed. A challenge? Wanting to see if I left this time, stopped bothering this family?

This was stupid. I waver, pacing, wasting time to see who...cared... Who was trying to help... Or harm... I wince at the wolf's instincts. Stay prepared. Get ready to attack. Get blood.

I close my blue eyes and just freeze. Tense and stiff as a board. Ears back, a low growl to...myself, or this follower? No, I wanted help... I wanted this to stop, so maybe... to just surrender, for now... I shift human, if maybe to feel more human, and sit cross legged at the base of a long dead oak tree.

Axel

I pause a moment before giving a slight smile back. Don't make too much of it. This is just...her. How she acts. But there wasn't much more she could have done to make me feel like a pup again. Inexperienced, in way over my head, unsure... But ive always been unsure around her. Even more so, was that possible? Why? Trying to have me show my weaknesses?

I nod, not finding words around her still, turn and shift to what I consider my true form. Four limbs always felt more at ease upon the ground, tooth and claw to fight off a threat... This was what I am more than my human side. Perhaps that was my downfall with Namine, as my teachers warned. I paid more attention to my wolf's instincts than human emotion and desires.

Are you attracted to him? Well, was I attracted to her? I saw the grace of her movements, yet I observed that with any other being. She was...the strongest female, the best wolf for alpha female... And there were the moments of desire, but that could be said for many through my years of growing and gaining more power in the pack. Her specifically. ...Her smile was...nice to see. Finally healing, perhaps, or accepting me as her mate's replacement as alpha.

Staring, that's what you're doing right now... I shake myself from my thoughts, beginning to walk down towards the river as we usually did to check our boarders. What was...different this time, to make her smile? Just the usual reaction when I approached her, the scent of anxiety. The usual one word answer. But the smile...

...I told myself not to make so much out of the gesture...

Drawing out his inevitable encounter for as long as his strides, slowing even further, would allow, he kept himself ready for some sort of lashing. Jiro was strong - without a doubt. But so was she. And with her speed, if Wolf were to turn on him, she could potentially deal him great damage. Her build was slim underneath that coat, and with those limbs... the shewolf was a light carry. Surely Axel would be in range of hearing if something... Wait. What? Was he really scared enough of what might or might/not be a brawl with Wolf to actually be wondering if he'd need the Alpha's help?

. . . What a bunch of bullshit. Scared of Wolf? ...No. Jiro let out a soft noise, eyes narrowing toward the ground sliding behind him beneath his paws. He wasn't scared. ...But he was wary. It was reasonable, right? To be wary?

As he lifted his head, brush swept his shoulders from either side and he emerged from the forestry, deciding to remain a wolf for the moment... gaze level with that set of piercing blue eyes that were set upon him. He simply came forward a little ways and dropped the ground, lying there and looking at her.

So far so good.

Namine~

As if frozen, she sat and watched as Axel shifted and began to walk. ...But she didn't move. Not immediately anyway. To her, what seemed like hours was actually just a few measley seconds that passed before she stood and shifted as well, falling in step with the Alpha.

It didn't feel as though she were the one moving. The wolf, somewhat aged in color of her coat... back she knew was laden with scars... everything seemed the same. All her senses were functioning as they should be, but... Odd.

She felt stuck, suspended... but no; she was moving, despite the vague recognition remaining at the back of her mind for the better part of their rounds. Another odd thing was the silence. No, not between Axel and herself - she was used to that. But in her mind... there was nothing. Not even an idling whisper. Her own conscious thoughts were blank. And Axel... he was staring at her, she noticed... Why? Her eyes found his, staring - searching.

FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Wolf
I stare at him, knowing my eyes to still be the wolf's. She was still strong still, making me tense. No movement, not even blinking, just staring at him trying to decide what to do. Threat or help. Attack or...or...

I fall into habits. My arm lies across my stomach, holding onto my other, nails digging in. Just don't pay attention to her. Focus on pain. The pain, the scent of blood, the red sweeping away my senses like an eraser to a chalkboard only leaving the bits of dust. I'm pressing into this dead oak like it was the last piece of solid earth, because if I move I'm not sure what I'd do. I hear myself growling despite being human.

My free hand ends up covering my eyes to break the fixation and close them, because I hate them seeing me struggle like this. It's shameful to me. Weak. I click my teeth behind my lips, and somewhere my hand comes between my fangs to taste blood. Hardly flinching. I'm used to this. Just try to relax...

This was only coping. Ways of distraction, not actually controlling anything. The wolf wanted blood, I gave her my own. Pain to help me focus, or at least try to. No going off on him. Not going off on him...

My hand falls to my lap, and I let it bleed. My nails were still digging into my arm, scars telling the tale of how much I've done this to attempt to get a handle on myself. "What...What d'you want?" I ask, attempting a harsh whisper but it came out shaky. Dangerous, see? I can't live like you people...

Axel

I pause for her, falling into step beside her when she's next to me. We follow the slope down to the river, the land flattening out to a rocky landscape stretching forward for a large distance until the trees come again on the opposite shore, another mountain starting its slope upward. The river itself, as it usually is this time of year, is a small vein on this large stretch of land. Larger than it was in the winter, but it would grow to fill this space by summer with the glacier water coming down the mountain sides this river weaved its way through.

We turn left, upriver to head along the nearest river that joined with another. Here is the problem again: what to talk to her about. "...I heard of your and Jiro's conversation," I start, eyes staying forward for now, sharp for any threat, perhaps a possible meal. "I understand that I've missed much because I've never simply been human. May as well call me a tame Pureblood... But I wouldn't damn you like that. That will never be my wish for you..."

Zepour
The Hunter's base was not in town. The public did not know of us Banshees, we were never to go out by them unless circumstances called for it. We used to be named Reapers them. Wolves would come and kill, we would chase and our markings mistaken for the legendary specter. Disappear as quickly as we came.

The building was a few miles out, under the disguise of a wildlife ranger's cabin. While most operations on the outside appeared to be perfectly normal, underground was something else. I look back at her blankly, gesturing towards the door.

Last edited by Abbie Normal on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Name: Hina Sato
Species: Infected
Looks: Around 5'2" and quite thin, Hina does not look like a deadly predator. Possibly the opposite, in fact. Nothing about her screams dangerous or killer, but looks can be decieving. She has pale skin, that's got a very slight, peach undertone. She has long, deep brown hair, just a shade darker than milk chocolate and it seems to get a little lighter toward the tips. Her eyes are wide and almond shaped, and fringed with thick, feathery lashes. They're a mossy green color, deeper toward the edges of her irises and then cloudy blue where her pupil should be. Yeah, she's blind, but it's no hindrance to her. She does have heightened senses and she uses them to the best of her ability.
Wolf Form:
Other: She was infected when she was 14, so she's still kinda new at this whole wolf thing. She was born blind and she's always felt really judged because of it, but she refuses to let it show because being vulnerable it one of the worst things she could be in her own mind.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Joslien~

I followed him with a sort of.. wary adittude. I didnt want to follow him any longer because the whole trip was silence and somehow.. that bothered me. I walked through the door and looked back at him slightly.
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Grace

Just looking around at all the stuff... Posters about poachers and display items of illegal traps and reclaimed furs... I jump slightly, looking over to a woman who entered through the main door just to look out again. I lean to peak over her shoulder to see, but she's staring at absolutely nothing. "Um...Miss?" Sheesh, I don't need a crazy person as a guide... I'd rather not get lost; that's my whole reason for coming here...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Joslien~

I turned and looked at her. "Um... yes?" I asked kinda disoriented. I turned to look back and saw that the man was gone. I shuddered a slight bit. "S-sorry.. got lost in the woods..." I whispered.
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Grace
Well that was awfully comforting to hear, coming from the fort of rangers I was about to ask for a guide through the mountains... Maybe this was a bad idea. I should just go back to town, look there for a local woodsman or something. "I was, uhm... I'm sorry...My name is Grace Draumur. I'm a botanist of the Royal British Columbian Museum, in Victoria, up to study higher climate flora. And I need a guide." ...Maybe that was too much emphasis upon the word... But I didn't want a girl who just came back from being lost. "I understand if you're all busy here. I can just...go back to the town to ask one of the locals..." They seemed more aware of themselves than you, certainly. Looking at nothing... Ranger who gets lost in her own woods...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Joslien~
I shook my ead. "no.. I can help you... its alright... just.. hit my head and lost my way." I said smoothly. I knew the woods pretty well but of course I wouldnt tell her that I was out with a wolf nor a weird man hunter thing.
I gave her a small smile. "Let me get some supplies nd then we can head off."
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Grace
...Just like that...? Don't you people have some schedule to keep? "I was...Oh. I thought paperwork or something was needed. I came up here on the inquiry, I don't actually have anything of my own..." Or maybe plan a route...? Tell people where we might go in case of an accident...? My city girl was being overcautious, but it's not like it's all hunky dory here... It's possible to, ohIdon'tknow, DIE.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Joslien~
I watched her curiously. "Come on..." I said. I took off and when to find some suplies because thats the best I could do. I grabbed what I needed and traded what I could. I watched the girl and gave her a small smile. "Ready?"
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Grace
This could not possibly be normal... I could just be going out with some crazy woman. Seriously, where's the ranger's uniform or whatever? I didn't even know her name! "I don't think you understand... I'm conducting research, not a fun camping trip. My materials are back in town, with my own supplies. I can be ready tomorrow, it's no problem..." Maybe someone a bit more wilderness aware would be around to help me then... This was just too much too fast.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Joslien~

I gave a small nod. "Sure wahtever works..." All I wanted to do was to find that wolf again. Something about him made me curious... I turned and walked away. I looked at the huge dors and looked around. I hurried and oushed on it and they opened just enough for me to pass thorugh and I hurried out into the forest. "Now.." I whispered. "I need to find me that wolf." And I took off.
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:52 am

Latimier

She took off, though not to go very far. "You know... There's a reason why announcing your plans for everyone to hear is a bad thing..." I tell her as I step out from behind a tree, eying down at her critically. Angela follows, faithfully standing by my side to look over the girl. "It's why all the villains fail in the movies. And why you're turning right around to go back inside and report to Gordon why you sneaked out to make the extremely rookie mistake of nearly dying of hypothermia last night, before I tell her you're were about to disobey orders again." Gordon isn't the woman you want to cross twice; wasn't that league rule number two? Besides going after a Pureblood by yourself with no clue of survival one-o-one, apparently...

Jeez, I feel like a damn father grounding the kid. Which I could be, with her age. She was no where near ready to be going into the woods with a group, let alone by herself. Idiot kid had ADD or something. Or she was just that angsty teenager hoping for danger and death, by the looks of her. Grow up, get the septum piercing out of your nose, and cut your hair to something not resembling some animal nesting on your head. You have to realize how ridiculous you look to the rest of society...

I doubt she appreciates these thoughts, maybe starting this whole rebellion move of stupidity. She didn't get it, however. She's going to die out there. How many times did it need to be drilled into her head that we knew better than her, in almost all cases? "This isn't a game, Josilen. Out there isn't even close to any training exercise. Slow down, and maybe think for the first time in your life." I didn't care about insulting her. She was being retarded, I'd tell her so. I'd say anything under the sun to make her see how dumb and childish she was acting.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Hina’s soft footfalls sounded almost like booms to her as she walked along the lush grass. She wasn’t particularly sure where she was going but she felt like she couldn’t stop. She was pretty sure where the territory was and where is ended, so all she needed to do was stay inside. Her fingertips brushed along trees as she tried to keep her balance. Only once did she actually stumble, catching herself on a low branch. She was not the most graceful in the pack, human or wolf. She always felt… Slightly outcast, not only because of her disability, though… For some other reason. She could only rely on four of her senses, which often made her slower when she was in new locations, or when she was fighting.

She couldn’t even remember how she had lost her vision. She only knew that it had upset her mother and father greatly, and they seemed… Colder after it had happened. She slowed down, feeling out a tree and then steadied herself before sitting against behind it, against the trunk. She had lost her vision over ten years ago, when she was five or six maybe. She could still remember what things looked like, too. But… Never anything new. She couldn’t visualize anything new. It made a part of her sad, that she’d only be left with memories. They were memories that, if she didn’t hold onto, she would forget. With a soft sigh, she folded her arms around her knees and closed her eyes.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Adam
The sky was turning some funky sunset colors. I could see patches through the pine trees that surrounded the little 'den', but I mainly focused on getting to my little hole in a tree for the night. Despite it being a waxing crescent to the left of the Sun, I already felt the heightened sense of the wolf in my mind and body. And it just felt rotten and sickly, just eating away and getting stronger over the proceeding days of the month as the moon grew to draw the animal more.

It's that reason, the only slightly more present wolf, that had me freeze at the sound of the heart of a larger animal nearby. Not meaning to, I whip my head around towards it and breathe in a breath of stingingly cold air, then murmur a curse under my breath. No, no, I wasn't a beast...

She - however I just sort of knew her to be a she - was close, and familiar. One of the group - just as I refused to sleep with them, I refused to call them 'pack'. Not moving, just...hanging out... I'm still sort of frozen, wolf busy uncoding everything that could possibly be hidden in her scent. Ugh, this was just wrong...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:18 am

Joslien~

I wathced them both for awhile. I rolled my eyes at his comments. "I am actually thinking." I said in a very sharp tone. "I dont want to stay there anyway." I said with a shrug. "I want to go out like I was before." I said watching them.
I walked forward. All I wanted to do was to get as far away as I could. I knew how to survive in the woods. I knew how even before training. I walked faster before breaking off into a run into the forest.
I ran as fast as I could and hurried to mask my scent. I did all I needed to and made my preparations. My bow and arrows were slinged across my back and my hair was braided. I ran for what seemed like hours but it was only a few minutes or so. I sighed and hurried up into a tree. I leaned against a huge tree trunk and held my breath. This was going to be.. interesting.
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Angela looks up at Latimier when the girl departs, tossing her head and sneezing. Ugly wolf scent...it was all over her.
"Ang." The syllable makes her prick up her ears again, glancing to her master to watch him nod his head towards the female. "Follow."
The German Shepherd grumbles at the prospect of having the wolf scent about again, but springs forward at a trot and follows the girl at a steady distance back. As she was trained, far enough back to stay undetected but close enough not to lose the trail.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum