the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pendant

+2
Weasley.Is.Our.King
anonymouswriter
6 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Pendant - Page 9 Empty Re: The Pendant

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:59 pm

She frowns. "Well come on. Don't stand out in the cold." October walks forward and takes her hand gently, gives an encoraging smile as she guides her in. "Rooms are upstairs." She glances around and closes the door without touching it. "I'll show you."
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Lin: Resisting the urge to tense up, she numbly let the girl lead her in. "Thanks," she said quietly with a nod of agreement at the offer.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:25 pm

October wasn't the welcoming committee type. They walked silently up the stairs and down the hall to an empty room. She opened the door again without touching and walked in to survey. "I don't think this one is taken yet."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Lin: First the door downstairs and now this one, too. She silently observed the older girl's talent, but seemed outwardly to only be looking at the room. "It's fine," she spoke, and the two were left in yet another silence for a few moments. Then she turned her head, refusing to acknowlege the likeness between this person and her sister, speaking again, her smog-like eyes surveying her casually. "Telekinetic." she spoke, an obvious statement.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:46 pm

October bit her bottom lip as she nodded slowly. "Not a very good one though..." She was powerful, not even she could deny that. But her nightmares...they always made her lose it.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Lin: The girl seemed apprehensive about her ability, which on some level Lin could relate with. But really, the only thing Lin had to be cautious about, were the memories...the voices. "You're fine to me," she replied. Walking into the room, she sat her stuff down, not really concerned if she followed or not. Setting the only thing she had with her -her bag- down on the bed, it was apparently on the edge, because as she made a move to take a step back, it spilled over, scattering the contents at her feet. Not seeming to be really affected by it, she simply bent down, retrieving the items. A hairbrush, toothbrush, (heirgo toothpaste as well) one set of clothes, and a small collection of books and sketchpads. In the midst of all this, she failed to notice a photo, slightly worn by the looks of it, discarded in a corner of the room. It was of Lin, a little younger than present, and another girl, looking exactly like her, despite having pale blonde hair...
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:10 pm

October bent down and retrieved the photograph. She sighted the people, though didn't ask about it. "Maybe now." The rest of her things had October smiling. "Another runaway?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:14 pm

She spoke without looking up, her tone lower than before, still working on placing her belongings back, and so, didn't yet notice what she had picked up. "Something to that effect."
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Alright....first person

I sighed. "Seems we have something in common." I place the picture on the night table and helped her with her other things. "But whatever your running from...it's not going to find you here. Trust me."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:29 pm

xP I'm HORRIBLE at first person. I can only do it with select charries and well...Lin here isn't one of them.

Lin: "I wouldn't be so sure," she muttered, standing up and placing her bag on the center of the bed, all things gathered. She nodded her thanks then stopped short as she caught sight of the picture, now lying on the nightstand. She froze.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:35 pm

I caught her gaze and looked down at the people. "If it does, i promise to defend you." I paused as i flipped the picture over and looked back at her. "You don't have to tell me why or who, just when."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Lin: As soon as the picture was turned over, she could breath again. She didn't notice right then, but she had started trembling, and continued to even as the haunting gaze of the photograph left her; but her voice stayed steady and dry as ever as she spoke. "Why would you do something so foolish, no less for a person you just met?" She didn't want to admit it, but the thought of safety, not to mention a possible ally, it frightened her; scared the living hell out of her, and she didn't understand why.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:46 pm

October thought about it. She saw her shaking, saw that look in her eye, heard the wavering of her voice. Without hesitation, she hugged her. "Because i see you now, i see your fear, and i know what it feels like. I know no one should feel that fear, and i'm willing to do anything to prevent it."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Awww...she has a friend/big sis type now~ How sweet..^^

Lin: At the contact, her eyes flew wide with shock, and she went completely stiff. She couldn't remember the last time she was embrace by someone...if she ever was. She stood there, frozen and unsure of what to do. When the older girl started speaking again, her shaking picked up once more, and with her bangs heavily obscuring her eyes, she felt an odd wetness trailing down her face, watching numbly as little droplets of water fell to the floor, creating small dark spots in the carpet.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:02 pm

I guided her to the bed and made her sit. As i did i said. "My name's October."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:06 pm

She sat there, looking up at her. "Lin," she replied, barely above a whisper.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:10 pm

"Lin? Interesting." I smiled to her as i sat next to her and pulled my knees up. "My mom wasn't creative in the least, naming me after the month of my birthday..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:27 pm

Lin: She looked over at her. "I don't like my real name," she said, referring that it wasn't her actual name. "My given name is Noelle, but it sounds much more..." she paused, searching for the right word, "elegant then what I am." She fell silent for a while, surprised at how easy it was to talk to October. She hadn't told anyone about her past, and talking about it made her uneasy. "I never met my parents, my twin sister, Nami," she gestured to the photo, "and I were sold into slave trade at birth." She clenched her fist slightly, forcing off the memories. "She was killed four months ago, her owner getting angry and shooting her for not using the correct title...he never found out about her...abilities." Taking a deep breath, she snapped her eyes shut, continuing and trying to quiet the whispers. "I...escaped my own handler..." she trailed off, avoiding the details. "And I'm here." she opened her eyes again, looking at October.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:55 pm

My smile stayed. "Thank you...for telling me." I paused and closed my eyes, concentrating on breathing.
"My parents divorced when i was younger. If that wasn't a hard enough blow, my mother ended up marrying a month later hardly knowing the guy. He turned out to be a religious, abusive, drunk and when i got my powers..." My feet fidgeted on the bed. "...he called me a devil, and during his drunken rages he was determined to beat it out of me. Despite the fact that i would just defend myself and he couldn't do much about it."
I pursed my lips. "That's not what frightens me though. All of that gave me some serious sleep problems. I just dont, but when i do it's all nightmares. And the nightmares trigger my power, so i become a danger to those around me..." I pause and smile. "But i didn't come here for that silly pendent. I came to try and find some solution. I thought, being around others like me, i might learn something to help."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Lin: It angered her, as October got deeper into her own story...for someone to do such things to such a kind person, her fists clenched tightly over the sheets, eventually pulling them out from underneath the matress, causing them to fly up beneath her legs. She closed her glaring eyes and faced toward her lap. She had to calm down, her heard swarming with the loud drone of the hissing whispers. She had to calm down or face an attack. (Schizophrenia) Forcing herself to look up as she neared the end of her story, she spoke up when the conversation turned to the Pendent. She shifted awkwardly, trying to focus for the words to come out of her mouth. "There's...not much help to find anywhere really, for me...but..." she paused, actually devoloping a kind of shyness, "I...I want to find out about the Pendent itself, learn about it...and hopefully...get a chance to draw it." October might find her reasons a little strange, but those types of things peaked her interest, and if there was nothing she could do to improve herself, she at least could sate her palate for the arts.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:33 pm

I nodded. "Arts? I like them too, though i have no talent with drawing so i stick with photography." She stood and went to her room, rifling through her duffel bag to find her Cannon Rebel. She went back. "Saved for a year and a half for my baby." She smiled as she raised it to her eye and snapped a photo of Lin.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:53 pm

Lin: She nodded. Photography was inventive and expressing. She liked it. But as October stood up and walked out, her eyes grew wide with...fear...? Lin realized she didn't want her to leave, and almost leapt to her feet and snatched her up to prevent her from doing so. She forced herself to keep composed and be civil. She blinked, staring hopelessly at the empty doorway.
What was happening? Why was she suddenly so...clingy? Normally, she would have ditched October from the moment she was shown her room, slamming the door in her face, and be OK with it. Now, however, the mere thought of October going away sent her mind into a whirlwind of spiraling panic, like when she was without Nami for any amount of time. And she had only known this girl for what...a grand total of maybe fifteen-twenty minutes? And yet, she had openly revealed almost everything about her to this person! She was so confused...it made her dizzy. Unfortunately, she didn't have much more time to mull over all of this.
October had returned, and she had something in her hand. Lin struggled to make sense of the words that found her ears, and something else happened. A bright flash. Click. She blinked, swaying. After a minute, it all came together, and the only response she could conjure up was a small 'oh,' staring up at the older girl like a lost puppy.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:36 am

"All by myself. My mother would have before, but when that ass said something to her he suddenly turned into the image of God to her, no matter what he did to me..." I thought a moment in silence. "I think she might have been scared of me..." I looked to Lin and smiled. "But she wasn't my mother after. She changed into some cult follower of the bastard. All the more reason i left."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:46 pm

She nodded again as she listened, her head clearing slowly. She could still hear them, feel their intensity, but they had eased off, not smothering her. It still made it hard to concentrate, though. "I would have killed him," she muttered, not even noticing it slipped from her mouth. "I would have sliced his throat had I been there, if he ever tried that shit around me with you." her words were slowly turning to low growls as she spoke, still not even realizing she was talking. Lin would have, too, just like she would have for her sister if they had been in the same sector the night she was murdered. Looking up, she spoke again, this time actually aware of her words. "Like I said before, I never knew my parents, or any family for that matter, besides my sister...we were sold for my parents to recieve a steady income. Rumor has it, that's they only reason they even had children; for money." she spoke, unphased by the information. "I can't really indentify with your situation too much, but...I know what happened to you was wrong...and I want to...to help, if I can." she said, not really experienced in the whole 'caring' thing. "And...and I want to be...friends, and make you feel wanted, and happy, like I think friends are supposed to be." She wasn't good at this type of thing in the least, and she hoped she was making a little sense to October, and not making her apprehensive or creeped out, because Lin would probably be, if she were the one hearing this.

xD
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:27 pm

October's eyes grew sad. "I've certainly pondered killing him before, but i couldn't do that. These powers make me enough of an outcast, i'd hate to add murder to the list but..." She suddenly laughed. She quickly silenced though, hearing the strangeness of it. She replaced it with a smile. "Of course i'll accept friendship though." She nodded at the rightness of it all. "Happiness is something i haven't felt in a while. But we'll look out for each other. Promise."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum