the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

2 posters

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 26 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:53 pm

((Midway sounds good to me, but either is good))
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 26 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:56 pm

((How about before Hayworth's joust?))
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:11 pm

((Sure sounds good to me))

The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Taryn had finally managed to make their way down to wear the jousters would stand so they could, however reluctantly, give their favor, and receive from Hayworth. They were however, quite excited for the jousting, all the horses and knights. The crowds noise and cheers, the whole celebration was quite fun. They finally reached where they could reach Hayworth, a beaming smile on their face, more for the tournament, than for him.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Alice followed behind them at a distance, far enough that nobody would assume she was their bodyguard and close enough to intervene if anything should happen. Her shirt was longer than she normally wore, nearly knee length and a pale shade of blue. Her aim today was to blend in with the crowd milling around the castle grounds, to be as unnoticeable as she could be. Her hair was long and loose down her back, a portion of it tied out of her face with a length of navy ribbon.

Hayworth, oblivious to the world as always, noticed neither Alice nor Taryn approaching him. He was busy polishing his armor and smoothing his hair. He only realized they were around when he finally straightened up from looking at his reflection in a pail of water. "Sweet princess, how lovely to see you! How are you this fine tournament day?"
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:53 pm

They waited patiently for him to notice them and when he did Taryn smiled wider. "I am wonderful today, and yourself My Lord?" they asked, curtseying. They were dressed formally, a beautiful long red dress that flowed out giving them a fair bit of space between people. Instead of a traditional tiara, they wore a silver circlet which was covered in light jewels.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Hayworth bent down and planted a kiss on their cheek, beaming. "I'm excellent, sweetheart. You look beautiful, Milady, the epitome of a perfect, demure wife. I'm so glad to see you." His armor gleamed in the sunlight and he had a loud, ostentatious jeweled crown upon his head.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Taryn smiled. "Thank you, you are too kind," they said sweetly. The crown took them by surprise, unaware someone of his status wore one before marriage, but said nothing but this "Won't the crown make it difficult to joust?"they asked. They kept the sweet tone in their voice, it was half a question, half them trying to get it off his head, feeling uncomfortable with it there.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Hayworth waved his hand, dismissing them. "Don't worry your pretty little head about it, Princess. I'll remove it when I'm actively competing so it doesn't become damaged." He craned his neck, looking around with narrowed eyes. "Where's Alexander? Surely he wouldn't have let you wander around on your own, my dear."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:22 pm

"Oh, my father asked for his assistance for a moment. He figured Alice was enough for the time being," They said. They tried to ignore the little head comment, although their growing annoyance was becoming more difficult to hide. "I imagine he's in the royal tent, the one exclusive for my father."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:26 pm

Hayworth grimaced when they mentioned Alice's name. "The girl, yes. I don't see her either. Are you sure she hasn't just run off like a gutless thief?" He said, distaste threaded throughout his voice.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Taryn's smile faded. "I suggest you watch who you're speaking to, Alice is here, out of sight, as she should be." They said, ice creeping into their voice. "I will not tolerate people under my employ to be insulted." Taryn took a small breath, moving closer to him, removing a handkerchief that was to be her favor from a pocket in the dress "For you, pray it is not the last thing you receive from me."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Hayworth gaped at them, stunned into speechlessness. "M-Milady, I meant no offense to you. It's just that people of her kind are not known for their loyalty and upstanding behaviour." He hastened to assure them, taking the handkerchief and tucking it beneath his armour.

The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:40 pm

Taryn raised an eyebrow,but said nothing on the subject. "I wish you good luck today my love," they said, returning the sweetness to their voice. They suddenly were very unsure of their anger, but made sure to attempt to gloss it over.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Hayworth nodded, getting over his surprise quickly and assuming they were just being irrational, as princesses were prone to being. "I need no luck, I'm the best of all the men here. But your sweet naivete is appreciated, Milady." He patted their cheek, smiling.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:48 pm

"I have no doubt you are the best," they said the smile also beginning to return to their face. "I must return to my place to watch the joust," they said, glancing around as the crowds began to crowd more around the jousting ring.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Hayworth nodded and kissed their cheek again. "Of course, sweetheart, of course. Go, enjoy watching me compete in the tournament." He waved them off and turned back to fluffing his hair and admiring the shine of his armour in the water pail, forgetting them before they'd even left.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:58 pm

Taryn swept away, their skirts twirling about them as they turned to leave, resisting the urge to roll their eyes as they headed back towards the royal platform. This continued several ornate comfortable chairs, for the king, queen, and any children, plus one guest. The King, Queen, and Wrung were already there, Wrung standing in the back, behind the king, hands clasped together.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Alice followed them from a distance, taking up a standing position just a couple feet away from where Taryn and their parents were, leaning her forearms on the low wall bordering the fencing arena. She tipped her head to the side, listening closely, near enough that if she focused she could hear a bit of the conversation.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Taryn spoke briefly with a servant who poured wine for all of them as the jousting began. They weren't supposed to show how much they enjoyed watching the jousting, showing too much emotion was not a good thing. They took a drink of the wine, watching the joust intently.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Alice watched the contestants, scanning them for any suspicious behaviour as the tournament began, but it proceeded harmlessly. Well, as harmlessly as a game in which people knocked each off horses with a blunt stick could be, anyway. It was entertaining, at least, for a certain value of entertaining.

((ANd then jousting?))
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Taryn continued to watch, enjoying the wine they could only drink on occasion, well wine that people knew about. Their father was to stay until it was his turn to joust, which of course would be one of the best bouts, but was to wait until much later.

((Sure))
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Hayworth's turn in the jousting competition was finally up and he trotted out into the ring on his horse, helmet off, waving and flashing smiles at the crowd as they cheered. He lined up and prepared to charge his opponent, cantering forward as the flag was waved, the signal the joust was to begin. In an unanticipated (on his part) turn of events, Hayworth's competitor knocked him off his horse repeatedly, until his armour was so dented and his body so bruised it pained him to move. He left the ring with grass tangled in his hair, dirt smeared on his chest plate, and an angry flush reddening his face in the most unflattering of ways.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:19 pm

Taryn was watching intently, and really was concerned for his safety by the end of the joust. They had stood up multiple times in surprise at his fall, and at the final one had begun to descend from the platform (as well as their father to prepare for his joust) to check on him. It was not only their job as his fiance to check on him, but also they felt they should.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Hayworth was stomping around, tossing his armour off to the side in a pile, swearing and scowling. He threw a goblet of water at one of the servants that'd come to help him remove his armor and the servant flinched away, creeping back hastily.

Alice pushed off the fencing she'd been leaning on and slipped into the crowd, following Taryn at a distance. They were headed towards Vandyke's changing tent and she couldn't imagine that conversation would go well, was leery of what Vandyke might do in this sort of temper.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum