the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T h e • O u t s i d e

2 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

T h e • O u t s i d e - Page 10 Empty Re: T h e • O u t s i d e

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Cassandra: "The family had been happy once," I miur as I sink into the comfortable folds of the story. "The Queen and King were so very happy, as were their children, two little girls and a baby boy. But many years had passed since then, and now they shared the castle with only the dust and memories fading like the tapestries on the walls. The prince was born very fragile. While he was very beautiful, he was deathly allergic to the light and was so frail and easy to break that it was rumored that the real prince had long since disappeared and that this prince was a porcelain doll the Queen had brought to life in her madness. But these, of course, were dumped. Only the flowers know whether that is true. But regardless, the Queen was very protective of her son and kept him locked away in a little dusty room, covered by a thousand lace veils that she had made herself. And everyday she talks to him, offers him food and drink. But if it weren't for the occasional flickering of his eyes, no one would ever believe he still lived."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Ambrosia - I smiled, I loved this.
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Maryanne
Both me, and my slowly focusing shadow gaped in awe at the story. She was right, it was a good one...and I believed it was true. Call me crazy, call me whatever, but I was sure I could see the castle, and something felt...right about the story. More than a lie ever could. Meanwhile, my shadow was slowly springing black curls from her pink head.

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Ambrosia - I put my arm around Maryanne's shoulders and leaned into her ear, "It's because it is true," I whisper.
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Maryanne
I turned to Ambrosia with an awed smile, not wanting to open my eyes in case I lost the image "It's...amazing" I breathed

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Ambrosia - "I know," I smile a little, "I've seen it."
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Cassandra: "But one day, the Queen came bavk to find the tiniest of cracks on her son's cheek. 'Who has been here?' she asked him in the politest voice she could muster. But he could only stare at her- he did not understand. She asked once more. 'Dear Prince, please tell me who has been in your room?' But once again, the porcelain boy could only stare at the swirling sky, for he could not understand the feelings that were sewn into her voice. The queen sighed and gently kissed her son's forehead before placing the veils back over his head and walking out onto her porch. But when she did this, she heard the flowers whispering amongst themselves. "Oh no, the porcelain prince has cracked," they breathed under the cover of their leaves. 'What ever will the queen do?' The queen heard this, but turned away. She found that the cracked stayed the same everyday she checked. The boy never understood her questions. But the flowers- oh, how their whispers grew! How they meant onto one another as they whispered 'There she is, the Queen without a court. See how her sun festers in his captivity.'"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Maryanne
I shiver as the story takes a darker room, practically seeing the little cracked prince, his dead eyes staring at the swirling blue...I shuddered again, but kept listening, enthralled.

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Cassandra: "And soon, the queen, her head spinning with the flowers' pretty words, became maddened and set out with a new determination to quell their whispering-" Suddenly, a bell rings. I jump as I fall out of the trance of the story. It takes me a moment to remember where I am, what time it is, who exactly I am. Cassandra Memphis? Cassandra of the Cannibals? I blink and shake my head as though to clear my thoughts. "Oh, it seems as though it's time for lunch," I say with a small smile. "I'm sorry, but maybe we can continue this later?"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Maryanne
I literally fell off the bed, the severing of the trance leaving me disoriented "I'm not hungry" I moaned, for once actually irritated that it was lunch "But yeah, sure. That was amazing though" Standing up, I looked at the lady as if for the first time "The flowers...I thought I heard something. Are you really Cassandra of the Cannibals?" I asked, tilting my head

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Ambrosia - "Oh please do Cass," I beg of her.
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Cassandra: I feel myself blush as I become flustered. "What, what are you talking about? I've never even heard of that name before! I mean, why would I even hang out with cannibals. No, wait, where would I even find them. Besides, they would eat me and then I'd be dead, and that'd be bad!" I say in a huff. But when I look up, I ony see Andrea an Maryanne. Oh no, where's...I look down to see a pair of feet stocking out from under the bed as a voice says "Then why is it carved in the wall here?" I wince as Khonsu and Helios start to laugh. Kore's light giggle fills the air.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Ambrosia - I give Helious a reprimanding look but can't help and smile.
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:57 pm

Maryanne
"But you said the flowers told the truth" I said stubbornly, looking her right in the eye. "That they knew secrets. If I had a name like that, I wouldn't want to hide it."

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Carter: "Yea, the wall said so too! And I don't think that just showed up there on it's own." Maryanne and I look down at her as Andrea and Amrosia try the "nice" approach. She flinches as though she hears something and then sighs. "Listen," she murmurs, making sure to look each of us in the eye. "The sane rules apply to that name that applied to te story- tell no one. Ok?"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Ambrosia - "Maryanne, let her go down and eat, we ALL should go down and eat," I say looking at the twins. I gave them the look that meant they needed to leave the girls dorm.
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Maryanne
"Pinky swore" I nodded, glancing at Carter "Until we die. But man...that is so cool! How do you get there? Is it very far?" Then I nod "Fine, fine, but I'm not hung..." My stomach growls at my lie, and I blush "Alright, maybe just a little bit. Lets go...but can you tell us more later?" I look into Cass's eyes pleadingly

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Khonsu and Helios: "Aw, we were just starting to have fun!" they both say. "Hey, brother?" "Yes, brother?" "She technically didn't say anything about us leaving. She just looked at us strangely." "Yes, and I don't believe I really caught the look she gave us. Did you?" "Ni, I don't believe we did." They both cover their eyes, leaving slits between their fivers so that one can still see. "We saw nothing!"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by anonymouswriter Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Ambrosia - I shake my head a little, "She will, I know she will," I smile at my sister. When they all start walking down at look back at the twins, "Out!" I laugh at them. "What am I to do with you two?"
anonymouswriter
anonymouswriter

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Cassandra: I'm about to say something when I feel Kore grab my head and nod yes and she says "Yes you will." Oh crap, I think. What was I doing even starting this? "Maybe...if I don't get killed for this. Now go you guys, before you're late!"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Maryanne
As we leave, I catch whisps of Ambrosia's voice, as if she's talking to somebody...but my stomach growled again and reminded me what I should be doing, so I dropped it for then and hurried down the staircase with Carter. Suddenly, Cass says something strange "Killed?"

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:13 pm

"Worship our greatness," they both say as Kore comes skipping out of the room. She curtsies to Ambrosia and smiles. "Hello, Ms. How are you this day?"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Carter: "Hm..." I say as I think about this. "Looks it's up to Sir Oaks and his newly captured monster to save the day again! After lunch..." Screw spies. After that story, I was back at knights and dragons.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Maryanne
I liked knights and dragons to "'Newly captured'?" I laugh, "Have to catch me first" Then I take off, running down the hall towards the staircase

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Carter: "Hey, you're lucky I dropped the last of my monster bane! Now come bavk here, or prepare to face the wrath of Sir Newland Oaks!" I start taking off afte her when I feel someone grab my ear. I hiss and bite my lip and the Devou leans down and looks at me. "Ah, sneaking about on the stairs and participating in foolish shenanigans?" I look up as another teacher brings Maryanne back,
easily dragging her along by her shoulder.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum