the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The world is a stage, and we are but players."

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

"The world is a stage, and we are but players." Empty "The world is a stage, and we are but players."

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:57 am

Shakespeare said that.
Shakespeare would be ashamed of what the local theater in the small town called Lower Clarkville. It's been abandoned by it's loyal thespians, for the nice theater in Upper Clarkville.
Thing is, that was a hundred years ago. No one has set foot in the theater of Lower Clarkville since.
Some say that at night you can hear noises, laughter.
Others say that there's been a light shining from the cathedral ceiling, as if there were a performance going on inside.
But both of those events are impossible. The doors are nailed shut, and the windows boarded. No one can get inside, even if they wanted to.

Unless...what if the people putting on the show have been trapped inside since it was boarded shut?
What if they aren't people at all?

Ghost Format
Name:
Age You Look:
Age You Are:
Personality:
Background:
How You Died:

People Format
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:

Back to top Go down

"The world is a stage, and we are but players." Empty Re: "The world is a stage, and we are but players."

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:08 am

Name: Catherine Wright, goes by Bucket
Age You Look: 16
Age You Are: Around 240
Appearance: Light brown hair she keeps back in a ponytail, and a thin frame. Bright brown eyes and a gerat smile. Wears a vintage-style dress, though she wishes she could wear pants.
Personality: Outgoing, adventurous, a little insane
Background: She was the Wright brother's younger sister and made a plane of her own to be like them. She goes by the name "Bucket" because she says it's the most useful invention she's ever seen.
How You Died: Bucket tried to fly her plane and crashed.

Name: Melanie Schroeder
Appearance: Light blonde bob, which she usually wears with a headband. Small blue eyes and a ski slope nose. Short, sometimes mistaken for younger than she is - which she loathes.
Personality: A little bit prissy and nosey, but can be very sweet.
Background: Her family is one of the oldest and richest families in town, though that isn't saying much in a town so small.

Name: John Allocco
Appearance: Rusty brown hair and blue eyes, tall and wiry
Personality: Kind of a loner. He hasn't talked to many townsfolk, no one knows much about him.
Background: Moved here six months ago, he's British. Spends a lot of time near the creek in town.

Last edited by !nspired on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

"The world is a stage, and we are but players." Empty Re: "The world is a stage, and we are but players."

Post by Jacky K. Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:27 am

Ghost Format
Name: Penelope Drey
Age You Look: 11
Age You Are: 30
Appearance: You can only see her shadow, unless she decides to materialize. Then she has no color to her: she looks like she's out of a black-and-white movie. Small frame, flowy skirt, straight hair in pigtail braids. Keeps a notebook close to her.
Personality: Shy, but playful.
Background: She was Mr. Drey's little sister ((Shh!)) but dissapeared at age 11.
How You Died: She liked to play near the old theatre, but found herself going there more and more often. One day after school she crept inside and never left.

People Format
Name: Mr. (Christopher) Drey
Appearance: Short-cropped blonde hair, smile lines under eyes, thin glasses, tall
Personality: authoritive but kind. (unless you make him mad)
Background: He has always had a passion for theatre, and grew up in Clarkeville. He is a director.

People Format
Name: Angie Clerk
Appearance: Pretty green eyes, styled dyed blonde hair, dancer's figure
Personality: a little stuck up
Background: She moved to Clarkville from Denver just recently. She hates small towns, but has decided to make the best of it.

People Format
Name: Jaylo Simson
Appearance: Cropped brown hair, blue eyes, a little bit tall
Personality: likes people, but tends to keep more to himself unless in certain company. Finds himself daydreaming a lot.
Background: Can't dance. Can't sing. Stagefright. He's part of the stage crew. Has a photographic memory.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:33 am

Name: Melanie Rose
Age You Look: 13
Age You Are: Died 1843, 168 y.o.
Appearance: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d2x3HWe8Qe0/S24pBNVF8wI/AAAAAAAABuE/6Bup-KJNf3k/s400/juriueda.jpg
Personality: childish, but prim and proper most of the time. She will play a few tricks and jokes when she suspects she won’t be caught very easily, but if she is she also sees it as part of the fun.
Background: A child of Victorian America
How You Died: drunken father’s rage

Name: Lawrence Mason
Age You Look: 20
Age You Are: Died 1951, 60 y.o.
Appearance: http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/176555/anime-boy-sofa-cartoon-31000.gif
Personality: dark, serious, sultry
Background: a sort of refined greaser
How You Died: gangs

Name: Tallie Daily
Appearance: http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3124661/2/istockphoto_3124661_beautiful_young_girl_with_red_hair_%20and_green_eyes.jpg
Personality: serious most of the time, doesn’t freak out or enjoy jokes. Watch her temper
Background: couldn’t afford a great college so she went to county, has been struggling for an actress job for a while now and will take anything

Name: Richard Gray
Appearance: http://celebritywonder.ugo.com/picture/Daren_Kagasoff/ActorDarenKa_Vespa_56797597.jpg
Personality: light and playful, always thinks of the world as a joke which only he has the punch line for
Background: an alright bring up. His passion is acting and he doesn’t care where he does it.
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:49 am

Ghost Format
Name: Calanthia Snider (most call her Snider)
Age You Look: 19
Age You Are: 170-ish
Appearance: wears a dark blue ball gown and a silver-and-blue hand-held mask, though you can only faintly see /her/. It's a transparent silhouette wearing a gown.
Personality: shy and sad. As far as anyone knows, she doesn't speak.
Background: She was once called a brilliant actress, a star. Until...
How You Died: She died onstage, when the set collapsed just before her solo.

Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:11 am

Mr. Drey opened the creaky doors to the auditorium, watching the overwhelming buzzing of teens milling about in the lobby for a moment, before clearing his throat. They continued talking. "May I have everyone's attention please?" He bellowed, and they instantly quieted. "Thank you. Hello everyone, I am Mr. Drey, the director. You can call me Chris. We're just about to get started, so could everyone find a seat in the house please?" He held the door open, collecting audition sheets as each person passed.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:14 am

Melanie: I smiled in a suck-upish way to Mr. Drey as I handed him my sheet. "I am so excited to be working with you, Mr. Drey, I'm Melanie Schroeder, daughter of William Schroeder."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 am

Mr. Drey nodded and kept the line moving along. "Thank you, Melanie. Call me Chris."

Angie frowned at 'Melanie', but didn't let Mr. Drey see. What a kiss-up. She smiled at him as she passed by with a nod and went to find a seat, totally relaxed. She had Sandy in the bag. Wow...this place was straight out of a ghost story...

Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 am

Tal
I walk by him, not paying much attention to those around me, handing him my sheet before sitting in an aisle seat and awaiting further instructions from the director. Someone's already sucking up, i see. I look around at the theatre as a distraction. Well, it's not the best, but it's not the worst, i suppose. The clean up crew has been doing a job on this place, certainly. I could see its potential.

Rich
I sit in the back lazily after handing my sheet over, leaning back in the chair and propping my feet up on the chair in front of me with a small smile. Finally, a chance to do what i loved in high school in the real world. Sure, not the best paying or even the best looking, but it's something to relive some great times.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 am

John: I slunk in, hoping really just for a tech position. My singing wasn't extraordinary, so I doubted I'd get a real part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:28 am

Jaylo was last in line. His eyes were wandering as he walked past Mr. Drey, taking in everyone. He felt a hand on his shoulder and jumped, looking up to see the director cocking his head at him.

"No sheet?" Mr. Drey asked.

"Uh...no, I'm not trying out, I just want to...you know, move sets and stuff." Jaylo fidgeted.

Mr. Drey patted his shoulder with a smile. "Alright. Let me know if you change your mind."

Ow...Jaylo hurried to a seat near the back as Mr. Drey headed to the front. "We'll begin with the singing audition. Would..." he thumbed through some sheets. "Melanie come to the stage, please?"
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:41 am

Tal
Betty Rizzo, huh? Faking knocked up leader of the Pink Ladies. What fun. I thumb through the script after auditions, eying the other people who got in. There was the blonde bimbo, the bleached blonde, the British guy, the nondescript guy who always hung in the back of the theater, and the tech heads. Interesting group. They better not get on my nerves.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:49 am

Frenchy. Frenchy? It's official. The director is an idiot. Angie hid her fuming mood behind a polite smile and a few "thank you, yes I'm excited! What part did you get?" 's. Barf. Gag. That one Melanie girl got Sandy. Unfairly. She probably stuffed her bra, too.

Jaylo stayed behind a bit after people started to wander back out into the lobby, looking around the stage. This was his life for the next couple of months, every day after school. Setbuilding. Curtains. Set moving. What fun. Maybe he should have tried out...he wondered what it was like to be in the spotlight for once.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:59 am

Rich
Lead man, Danny Zuko. Which would mean Sandy... I look up at Melanie a moment before looking back down at my script. Man, i wish there were better lights back here. I glance around and sigh, getting up and moving closer to the group. Might as well meet the cast.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:02 am

Melanie: I smirked to myself as I began highlighting my lines with a yellow highlighter. Of course I got Sandy, I've been taking voice lessons since I was seven, plus my daddy practically owned this town. I tried not to be /too/ cocky, though. I wanted the others to like me, though I was excited. I went to the little group and spotted the guy who was playing Danny. "Looks like we're co-stars. What's your name? I think I was told what it was, but it's slipped my mind.

John: I was still looking at my script in surprise. I was playing a guy who banged some chick and knocked her up. That was far from my reality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:05 am

((you guys wanna bring your ghosties out to play with Jaylo? Very Happy))

Angie slipped into their little social circle with a smile. "Congrats on the lead parts, guys. I'm Angie, playing Frenchie." Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:07 am

Melanie: "Oh." I turned to Angie, quickly judging her. "I heard you were the runner-up for Sandie...sorry about that."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:08 am

xD poor, poor John.

Rich
I look up from my script at Melanie. "Richard Gray. And you're Melanie, right?" I smile to her, a hint of amusement in my eyes like it always is. I hoped she wasn't this forgetful by nature... I turn to 'Frenchie', Angie. I repeat it a few times in my head to get it down. I really disliked messing up peoples' names. "Thanks, Angie."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 am

ghost fun! yes!

Tal
I look up from my seat at John, looking somewhat unhappily down at his script. I chuckle and stand. Might as well be social with these people if i was going to be hanging with them for the next few months. Please don't get on my nerves...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:12 am

Angie smiled sweetly at him. "No problem, Richard." She repeated his name over in her head. Got it. She looked back to Melanie. Ick. Melanie. "And oh, it's perfectly fine. Better luck next time, hm?" She's gonna need it.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:13 am

Melanie: "Yes, I'm Melanie." I smiled, not my megawatt, pose-for-the-camera smile, but my regular, sweet smile. Probably my Sandy smile. I turned away and noticed the girl with terrifyingly-red hair walking over. I'm scared. I glanced back at Angie. "...Right."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:15 am

Jaylo stared in awe at the black space offstage. It was so...creepy. He felt a slight smirk spread on his face. Well, at least it made for a more interesting atmosphere. He took a cautious step into the dark, looking around for a light switch, or something. The floor creaked. Nice effect.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 am

Tal
Oh, boy, never mind! I see the sparks flying between those two already, and Melanie is being that blond bimbo with that look she's not even attempting to hide... At least the guys around here seemed better then the girls. No silly inner competitions with them. No wonder i hung out with them more. I turn and head for John for the heck of it.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:20 am

Bucket: I undid my ghostly belt and hitched it across the ropes high in the theater's ceilings, above the stage. I pushed off from the wall and ziplined across. "Wheeeee!" It was like flying, and then...I crashed. Just like with the plane, but this time it didn't hurt. I crashed into the brick but it wasn't hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:23 am

Mel Rose hangs out with Penelope in the loft of the stage, all of the old costumes and props stacked high, watching Bucket play. It seems fun, but she wants to wait a bit longer. Rehearsals will stretch into the night, the lead people staying longer then others. Numbers down, it'd be easier to freak them out.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum