the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this sound like one person or two different people?

2 posters

Go down

Does this sound like one person or two different people? Empty Does this sound like one person or two different people?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:58 pm

EXCERPT #1:

Boundless is how I feel up here, above the city, above the trees, above the people. Very few know the freedom of sitting on a telephone wire in the company of birds, watching the cars pass by. I swing a little as I look down, hands clasped around the wire on either side of where I sit. The wind rustles through my hair, and I think that if only I had wings, I would fly.
Few know the strength that comes with being unafraid of heights. I fear many things: tarantulas, knives, poison -- but never heights. When you’re sitting up here, feeling lighter than air, it doesn’t make sense to fear. You’re trapped until you find a way down, so you may as well enjoy it.
The only way down is to fall.
“Carrie, honey, time to come down,” Father calls from the staircase. I slide over on the telephone wire, then step down the crates I set up that lead from the wire to the rooftop of our apartment.
For every solution, there’s a loophole. Father would never let me fall from the wire to the roof, he’d say that was dangerous. I’d say it’s a thrill.
I can’t say when I started doing things just for the sake of feeling something. All I know is that sunsets aren’t beautiful anymore, and that I look for cracks in concrete. Father says that’s just my “engineering” mind, but I say that it’s my biggest flaw.

EXCERPT #2

I feel lighter than air. Everything’s so shiny and glittering and -- it just makes me want to giggle! And so I do, as I roll around in the grass with Garret. I can’t think, being high let’s me forget my worries and just feel.
And all I hear is Garrett unzipping my jeans, pulling me down on top of him in the field. My goofy smile sticks to my face, but suddenly something crashes through my fantasy. Something isn’t right here, something needs to stop.
Garrett needs to stop, he’s unzipping his pants now, too. He’s tugging at the elastic of my underwear, pulling the cloth down. My hand goes to his, and I try and pry his fingers away.
“Garrett, stop,” I say, doing my best attempt at serious when my head is this full of fluff.
But he doesn’t.

Back to top Go down

Does this sound like one person or two different people? Empty Re: Does this sound like one person or two different people?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Gah... hard to tell... I would say the same

Back to top Go down

Does this sound like one person or two different people? Empty Re: Does this sound like one person or two different people?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 pm

person, that is. Wasn't that the question?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Yes, that was the question.

Shoot. >_>

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:10 pm

It sounds like the same but it might be diffrent people Smile
Alice
Alice

http://come-away-to--the-water.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks for your answer, Alice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:17 am

Sounds like two different people to me. The first one seems more...I dunno, jaded, almost. More serious, with perhaps a slightly cynical outlook on life. This one also appears more thoughtful, maybe even more perceptive (though it's a small excerpt, of course Razz).

The second one seems less serious and less grounded. While the first voice is also seeking a thrill, the second voice appears to have fewer inhibitions. She (I'm assuming it's a she?) sounds more impulsive than Carrie. And where Carrie comes across as quiet and reserved, this second voice does not. Carrie sounds like she's aware at all times of the risks she's taking, while the second voice doesn't realize just what situation she's gotten herself into until it's [supposedly] too late.

Just my thoughts Smile
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:25 pm

PERFECT WD -hugs-

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 pm

^_^
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down