the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hooch and Cigars

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hooch and Cigars - Page 3 Empty Re: Hooch and Cigars

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:31 pm

(Bring her in the club, or...? )

Ez simply leaned back after that, a name of scotch on the end of his tongue if she ever roped in that waiter she was eyeing. He was enough to make him stare, but he knew a straight if he ever saw one, and he was a stick-like as they came. Bringing his attention to the door, he saw a redhead come in, better yet THE redhead, none other than Beth-Ann Cammie, the up-and-coming opera singer of his flat. She saw him and came over, eyes bright. "Ez! How'd I know you'd be here?" She skimmed around the table, before looking back at him, her enthusiasm gone. He shook his head slightly and she frowned, placing a supportive hand on his arm with a look that said 'Sorry...' He just continued on with his smoke. They both knew he was failing in the relationship department.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Sure, that works.

Cecelia: I raise an eyebrow at the girl. She's a cute little thing, especially with hair like that. But something tells me this isn't the girl he was so bent over. "And who do we have here?" I ask with a smile. I don't know her but I alrady owe her an arm and leg for getting Ez to change the subject.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:51 pm

And just like that, a cheerful smile was back on her face as she looked at Cecelia. "I'm Beth-Ann," she introduced herself, running a hand through Ezcar's thick head of hair. "The only girl for my Ezzy here!" She had to laugh at that, especially when Ez glowered at her, his lips twisting in distaste for her words. "It's a pleasure, Miss."
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Cecelia: Wait, "the only girl?" My eyes flicker to Ez, who's looking pretty pissed at the moment. I guess Beth-Ann's in the same boat as me, although she must've already told Ezcar how she felt. And was rejected. "I'm Cecelia and this is my good friend Oswald." He tips his hat. "Pleased to meet you too."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:11 pm

( Lol... Cecelia's clueless. xD )

Beth-Ann flashes them a bright smile before sitting down on Ez's lap and facing them. He goes rigid, and she has to drink down her water to keep from falling into hysterical laughter. Poor Ezcar. He looks so traumatized. His hands are gripping the table like a lifeline while trying to keep from touching her anymore than she's already initiated.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Lol, completely. XP

Cecelia: Wow. She must not've gotten the hint. At any rate, there goes my plan to make Oz jealous. A waiter finally comes over and and I flash him a pretty smile. "What took you so long? We could've died of thirst by now!" He blushes and scratches his head. "I'm so sorry, this is the most packed we've been in awhile. What can I get for you guys?"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:22 pm

"Scotch," she pipes up, looking at the stricken face of Ez before humming, "Better make that two, sweets." Oh, how she loves teasing her little prince...
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Oswald: "Scotches all aound!" I say as I stub out my cigarette. The waiter nods and hurried off to the bar. "So you're Beth-Ann, huh? I'm guessing the same Beth Ann some of my friends go on and on about?"
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:38 pm

She looked at him. "Depends on what they're sayin' love." She smiled, leaning over with her ruby-painted lips brushing at the soft shell of her favorite queer's ear. "Hot-date; 3 o'clock," she whispered, looking back at Oswald. "Care to tell?" Ezcar looked in the indicated direction, but didn't see what she was frettin' over.

Last edited by .Fragile_Wishes. on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Oswald: "Let's see: hair like fire, skin like pearl, and a voice that could make you abandon everything. That's what my poet friend says anyway." I stub out what's left of my cigarette and take out another. "And so far you've got two out of the three."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Her face flushed a pretty pink. "Well, you should know Mr. Oswald, I don't sing for just...anybody." She looked at him with a slow, sly smile. "Why don't you tell me why I should for you?"
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:27 am

Cecelia: I feel the coor drain from my face. Oswald is seriously flirting with this floosie! What am I, chopped liver?! "Oh, please sing something for us," I say despite how every fiber of my being wants to curse her out. I have to remain lady like. "I'm pretty curious myself."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Beth-Ann looked at Cecelia, Oswald, and Ez, upon whom she was still sitting, a smile breaking across that pretty mouth of hers. She stood up, giggling as Ezcar breathed a big pent-up breath, retrieving his flask and shamessly downing the rest as a way of rewarding himself for such an achievement. But he was far from saved... The devilish ginger dragged him up from the table and directed him toward the bar, holding him in a death-grip by the back of the neck to prevent him from escaping. It was almost scary, having her manhandle him like that, but look as sweet and light as ever as she looked at the two remaining. "We'll be back shortly loves."
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Oswald: I nod in answer as the waiter comes back with the scotch. His eyes are all over Cecelia, but she's not giving him any mind. In fact, it looks like she's completely zoned out. "Cece, is something wrong?" She jumps and blinks as though waking up from a dream. "N-no.I'm just a little tired's all." "Well we can go back home if you like." She bites her lip and I know she's seriously thinking it over. "...No, I'd hate to be rude to our new friends. Besides, the night's still young."

Thomas: A knock comes at the door. "You gonna be any longer, son?" someone calls. I look down at the mess in the sink and then back at Henry. "Well, are we gonna be any longer?" The poor son of a bitch starts shaking his head as hard a he can. I bend down until we're eye to eye and raise his head with the edge of my knife. "Are you sure? I wanna make sure you understand why this little mistake can't happen again." He keeps nodding and I stand back up, nodding towards Casper and the others. "I'd say we're about done here then. If you guys'll do the honors...?" Casper takes off his coat and drapes it over the guy's head before picking him up like a sack. As he and the others disappear behind the other door, I straighten my jacket and open the door.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:43 pm

As the she-witch made conversation with the bartender to see if she could use the stage to sing, Ezcar was busy making friends with his friend hard liquor. This was pointless. Why did she have to make him suffer in this straight man's prowl. It made his skin crawl. Sometimes Beth-Ann just played dirty to see him squirm. The woman was a demon.

Last edited by .Fragile_Wishes. on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Thomas: The guy who'd been knocking looks startled. I flash him a smile and even hold the door open for him. "Its all your's," I say. As soon as the door closes, I take out a pack of cigarettes and start heading for the bar. I need a drink; I've been sober all day and that's a fuckin record forme.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:07 pm

The bartender takes a glance in Ez's direction, getting a bad vibe from the atmosphere around him. From his stiff demeanor, you'd think the kid was ready to kill someone. Beth-Ann simply waves away the concern and pats his head. "He's just not used to being around so many...pretty women," she grins and he gives her a cross look.
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Thomas: I whistle the bartender over as I take a seat. "Hey, gimme somethin' stronger than King Kong and older than New York. And make it snappy, I ain't got all night." I still gotta a few stops to make before dawn.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by FragileFuzzySocks Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:47 am

Eventually Beth-Ann worked her magic and coaxed the poor star-crossed fellow to let her up on stage. Ez was well more than half drunk out of his mind as she dragged him up with her, sitting him down at the piano. She whispered a few words in his ear and his fingers began moving to a slow, rythmic blues tune, everyone's eyes now glued to the two of them.

From the moment she opened her mouth, everyone, EVERYONE had their mouths agape, struck into absolute silence. The rumors rang true and although she decided to go a different route this time around, her voice was pure emotion, pure POWER, no different from any other time. Her movements matched the music perfectly, and her expressions...dark, long, and lovely. She had directed it so that she was singing TO Ezcar, who matched the depicted relationship perfectly as the lyrics were sang. He looked much like he did from the time Cecelia had spotted him - blank, cold...dead.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCN_vcAUfM8&NR=1
Ze song, my dear. )
FragileFuzzySocks
FragileFuzzySocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:51 pm

(eehh i need a place to jump into.)
Alice
Alice

http://come-away-to--the-water.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Alice!! Very Happy
I had Regina say something awhile back, and I haven't used her since.
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Hehe hi XD I wont be on for long love Very Happy
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:34 pm

@Fragile Pretty song. Smile
And sorry it took me so long to respond.

Cecelia: When she stops singing there's a silence as though everyone's waiting for her to go on. I realize I'm holding my breath but my lungs don't seem to be working right. She's amazing. And as the thought crosses my mind, people begin to clap. The applause is heavy and wild, thick with drunkeness and the slight high of being entertained. Oswald puts two fingers to his mouth and whistles as people shout for an encore. Undoubtely he thinks she's wonderful too. I look from him to her and back again before gently putting an arm on his shoulder. "I think I'll be leaving after all. This is only making my headache worse." I look into his eyes, silently pleading wih him. Please come with me. Please. He bites his lip and looks towards the stage where the band members are clapping with the audience. "If you really want to go..." He starts to grab his hat. But something makes me rest my hand on his. Not like those girls I read about in books, floosies who kiss the boy before they kiss them and ask the boys on dates with the kind of courage I wish I had. But like a mother chiding her son. "I don't think I asked you to come with me, did I?" "But you can't walk home by yourself, it's dangerous!" "Yea, and so's living in general. But I'm not about to drop dead because of it." "Cecelia..." "Oswald." He sighs. "Are you sure you don't want me to take you back?" Of course I do. More than I can even say. But if I make him come back with me, she'll be all he'll think about tomorrow. It's better to let him have her fill of her as quickley as possible so that he can forget about her even sooner. I just don't want to be around for it. I take my hand from his and start heading for the door. "Honestly Oz, I'm not some little girl who needs you to hold her hand for everything. I'll be home in ten minutes flat, I promise."
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:39 am

Maralyn got off the stage and let out a sigh. She loved to preform but sometimes seeing the lust in the mens eyes threw her off. She sighed and walked into her dressing rooom. She quickly changed into her next outfit and waited to be brought back onto stage.
Alice
Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by PavoLights Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:44 am

Oh, Beth-Ann was on the stage... O.O
PavoLights
PavoLights

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content