the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Ere in Ol' Lu

+6
Echo
Bells
ShaneColton
Kid.Icarus
Momo13
Jacky K.
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'Ere in Ol' Lu - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Ere in Ol' Lu

Post by Invisimort Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Noodle:

I shrugged. "I 'ad t' get out in two hours or less...Figured...Why wait t' get rid of it all? I don't wanna carry it." I didn't. It was...heavy. Specially that mirror. And that box a' jewelry. Heavy stuff. 'Specially with half the food pantry already in the bag too, although, I was keeping that for myself. Useless to starve, I figured. "So...'Ow much can I get fer all this?" I asked.
Invisimort
Invisimort

http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Lex stumbled away from him and smirked at the words as she held her dagger out infront of her. "Who says you can?" She replied, her eyes watching him carefully. "I'm not just going t' just let you beat me....." As soon as the words left her lips she lunged again, her blade first aimed at his arm but she drew it back last moment as she kicked out her foot towards his stomach.
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:39 pm

The Pawn Shop Man

The man flipped open the jewelry box and thrust his hand in, gems spilling over the side as he dug through. Finally, he pulled a wad of old necklace chains from the center like tangled spagetti from a bowl, and inspected the dim shine. "Hmph." The wad dropped to the counter with a jangle. He dug some more, gems rolling like marbles off the counter. "This is junk." He peered down at a cut diamond on the ground, and didn't bat an eye before slamming his boot down on top of it. There was a crunch. "Glass. Wipe that sly smile off your face, lassie." He twisted his foot, and the 'gem' made a satisfying, high-pitched scrape.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Diz
I grabbed her leg and spun her around again, throwing her at the couch this time...
I jumped over the couch as she fell over it, luckily for her I didn't have a coffee table or anything, so she fell to the floor...
My knife was still at the ready if I needed it, but I didn't want use it...
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Noodle:

...That had been...Unexpected. I mean, I just spent the last WEEK buttering up this...ABSOLUTE IMBECILE...and...nothing. Useless. Pfft. Great. Maybe I should have made an effort to take the sofa. No, that would have taken too much work.

Maybe I should just scoop up what was salveagable and take it down the street. Those imbeciles would buy anything, but typically...I didn't get as much from them in return for REALLY REALLY nice things...which made me mad.

"I guess I'll just ah...Take this down the street and see what they'll give me for it then..." I stated, and started packing up what wasn't damaged.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Lex glared at him, her knife slipping out of her hand when she fell over the couch. Annoyed and slightly worried she went to pull herself to her feet. Shaking her head a little to clear the throbbing that came from hitting it on the floor she tried to figure out what to do. Her eyes darting around the room she started towards the balconey, if she could make it there.....
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Name: Sparrow
Social branch / where they live: theif/ lowlands...err...will make location...soon?
Appearance: (remember: most are blonde or strawberry blonde, pale skin, blue or green eyes. All others are rare.) jade-green, dirty blonde
Other: about medium height, he's often cunning and mischevious

(Jacky said I could join XD)
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:43 pm

heh...another sparrow....

can honestly not think of what twig would be doing....

ignore my charries till labor day. going on vacation thurs and will most likely have spotty/no internet.
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Diz
I jumped after her.. she was faster than I thought... she slipped past me and ran onto the balcony.. I ran out after her...
Damnit, she's not getting away that easily, I'll chase her across half the Lowlands if I have to...
I was fully prepared to do so... It was the principle of it all... You can't steal from a thief and not expect reciprocation...

Last edited by Kid.Icarus on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Lex reached the balcony, her eyes darting backwards as she scrambled onto the railing. If she made it to the wall and then to the streets she was pretty sure that she could lose him. Being as small as she was it was easy to hide. She was still slightly dizzy from smacking her head on the floor earlier when she fell over the couch , but tried to ignore it as she prepared to climb down.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:17 am

The black-haired thief didn't stop until several blocks later, when he reached a crumbling top of an abandoned hotel, where the Bell Tower could be seen more clearly through the night haze. It couldn't hurt to stop . . . aye? Just a moment, to listen to the commotion on the balcony just below him, and perhaps, the lass might have something valuable on hand. Thieves. Aye, they would have something or another. He watched them from the corner of his eye.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:30 am

Feeling slightly uneasy, kinda like she was being watched, Lex paused and glanced around. When her eyes made it upwards she froze, confusion then something not quite fear " 'oly 'ell." She managed, her eyes gling wide. It was a boy, with black hair.

Black hair. And outlander.

Instintivly she took a step back, but there wasn't anything to step back on. Her foot sliding though the empty air she began to fall backwards, fear making its way to the front of her mind. Oh nononono, she thought, her hands widely reaching out for something to grab hold of.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid.Icarus Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:47 am

Diz
I paused for a moment... she looked scared.. but not of me...
I followed her gaze to the roof... and my eyes widened slightly... Black hair.. an outlander.. that was.. rare... but not unheard of.. I never understood why so many people were so afraid of them...
I turned my attention back to her... just as she started to fall...
On instinct, I ran to her, absently dropping my knife onto the balcony, I leaned over the railing and grabbed her hand.
Kid.Icarus
Kid.Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:54 am

Last edited by Bells on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:02 am

(Jacky, bells? moko is just...erm...there right now)
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Uh could u fill me in? Please?
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 am

Lex held onto his hand desperately, her free hand barely managing to grasp the edge of the balcony as she tried to pull herself back up. There was no ways she was going to die like this, not when she'd been so close to escaping.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 pm

...how can i jump in...? Or is this not goin anymore?
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ale J. Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:46 am

Whistle

I sat in an alley, holding my knees close to my chest. Right now, I was hidden by a bunch of garbage and filth, I nearly blended in. Hopefully no one would find me, I didn't like running into people. Especially the scary lookin ones. All I had on me was a dagger, and it wouldn't protect me a bit from anyone here. I was a scrawny lookin kid, lookin as easy to break as a twig. I was starvin at the moment, and I didn't have a way to get food. At least not yet...I had gotten bits and pieces of food here and there. How I longed for some real food... 'course I wasn't gonna get any sittin here.
Ale J.
Ale J.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:53 am

(Alright, I miss this...I'm gonna make some posts, and if you guys want, we can pick this back up. If not, oh well...)

Bells (in response to Moko a couple pages back)

"I want you t' come 'ere an' listen, Outlander bitch, 'cause I'm only going t' say this once." My voice was smooth and soft. Warily I glanced around, listening to the whistles and half expecting one of Skelet's guys to pop out of nowhere. I didn't see anyone, but people were always watching. I beckoned her closer with my knife still drawn. " 'urry now."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:59 pm

The Pawn Shop Man slapped a strong hand down on the box of worthless shiny things. "Not so fast, rat. You owe me money." His pale eyes stared at her, as unmoving and cold as stone.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Noodle:

Well...crap. I was hoping he'd forgot about that. I turned on the spot. "Well then... Why won' you take what I'm trying t' sell you?" I asked. I mean... really. You tell me my stuff is useless and then want to try and get money from me? Pfft. "You want paid... you gotta lemme get the money from somewhere ...right?"

In theory I could have it back to him after a few days of hunger and constant pickpocketing...But... Really...I didn't much fancy starving for a week. "So... I can sell it t' you, or I can sell it t' the guys down th' street. Either way... you'll end up with more than...nothing." And then I could have a few days to go scrounge up the rest...maybe. Or I could disappear and find a new pawnshop guy.

Hadn't decided yet. This one normally was pretty good with prices and stuff. But really... that one time. The one time I don't have the cash for something up front.... and he's going to hold it over my head like this? ... I don't need this.

Alright...Paying this guy off... Kinda had to do that. Probably. "Look... you take this stuff now, and I can get you the rest... by... I dunno... Thursday. A'right?" That gave me about a week. Plenty of time.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:42 pm

He drummed his fingers the on side of the half-spilled box, still glaring. After a moment, he sighed . . . or was it a growl? "You're on a sinking boat, lassie. One week. No more, per'aps less. This junk 'ere . . ." he picked up the tangle of chains again, nearly brandishing them in the air. "This doesn't make me an 'appy man. Get me real, expensive, important, by Thursday, or you'll 'ave more than an empty stomach t' worry about. Savvy?" The chains clanked back into the pile.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Noodle:

"'Course." I wasn't braindead. I'd have to get up onto the Mainland and make some friends. Maybe I'd get him a sofa. That would be hilarious. I'd pay him off in sofas. Five of them. No... No. Seven. One for every day of the week. And a whole trunkload of shinies.

That would be horribly hard. A sofa a night... Maybe a bit too... excessive. I'd see what I could do though.

Definitely did not want to end up swimming with the fishies for all eternity though...so, had to get something good. Something really good. Something worth about the same as seven sofas probably. Well... ok, seven really nicely upholstered sofas... not those nasty old water logged ones. Yes. I would have the shiny equivalent of seven sofas.

"See you Thursday then...with... lotsa shiny things." I told him.
Invisimort
Invisimort

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:51 pm

"O' course you will. If you get too busy t' stop by, I'll just send someone t' say 'ello t' you for me. 'Course, they might not be th' most polite messengers. Rough bunch. But, you just can't get good 'elp these days . . ." He muttered as he lifted his prize off he counter, easily, as if it were paper, and slid it carelessly onto a shelf. "Now get th' 'ell out o' my shop. I don't want t' see your dreadlocks 'til then."
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum