the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUM 104: The Heroic Journey

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

HUM 104: The Heroic Journey Empty HUM 104: The Heroic Journey

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:10 am

“…So she said and crushed the heart inside me.
I knelt in her bed and wept. I’d no desire
to go on living and see the rising light of day.
But once I ‘d had my fill of tears and writhing there,
at last I found words to venture ‘Circe, Circe,
who can pilot us on that journey?..’”
~The Odyssey

“Don’t we all say the same thing at some point before we actually stop and ask for help? We all at some point in our lives find ourselves kneeling at the foot of Circe’s bed asking ‘who can pilot us? Who can help us through this part of life?’”
~Professor Waddel

Welcome to Humanities 104. This class isn’t required, but is a class offered by the college to students at Lineger High. Professor Waddel has been teaching this class for years now, and always finds something miraculous happening each semester. “The students grow in ways unimaginable, and more often than not, they walk away being the heroes of their own stories, triumphing over their Green Knights and creatures in the forest. And I love watching the stories come to life when we take our end of semester tour of Europe. It seems to solidify their convictions.”

The students in this class meet every day, though the class itself only meets twice a week. The other times are required study groups. Most everyone in this class is struggling with some sort of trial, some sort of heartache, and now it’s time for healing to take place. The bell has rung, now get to class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please ask before joining
No PPing or GMing
Keep it pg
No one-liners
I reserve the right to kick anyone that doesn't straighten up after the first two warnings
Character outline is your basic Skeleton with name, age, personality, and bio. Your characters are in their junior/senior year of high school.

Last edited by Taylow on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

HUM 104: The Heroic Journey Empty Re: HUM 104: The Heroic Journey

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:13 am

Name: Professor Waddel
Looks: HUM 104: The Heroic Journey Professor-jones1
Personality: Professor Waddel is a very kind man but often loves sarcasm. He also expects the best of his students and nothing less. He loves deep thinking about concepts he presents and loves it even more when his students bring a concept to the table that he hasn't thought of before.

Name: Rory Kings

Looks: 5' with long gold-ish brown hair that reaches just past her shoulders, curves, ripped up bell bottom jeans and a tight-ish blue shirt, green eyes, and her left ear ripped down the middle with a hoop earing on the side. She keeps it hidden by her hair.

Personality: Rory is very playful and loves to be around people. She likes lots of attention, and loves to be loved, but despite her warm loving personality, she's a very fragile girl. Her life has been hard and has made her very sensitive. It doesn't take much to hurt her feelings, and in many ways she's like a small child in that aspect. Once you've hurt her, it's hard to gain her trust back.

Bio: Rory lives with her adoptive mother, though her mother is never home because she works for some big corporate place. She never talks about her life before she was adopted, so that part is still unknown. She plays the bass guitar, her favorite brand being Ibanez, and often uses it and the words that come from its cords to express what she never says.

Name: Charlie Akin
Looks: HUM 104: The Heroic Journey A-man-to-suit

Personality: Charlie is reserved and hardly ever talks about himself. Other than that he's about as flamboyant as Rory, loving to flirt with girls. He has a very high tolerance for people, always trying to find the best in them, a trait he learned from his younger sister. He gets very sensitive around certain topics, and will deck a guy for not treating a girl right.

Bio: Charlie was oldest of two children, his parents both being professors. He was born while they were on a sabatical in England, so he has dual citizenship with the U.S. and England. He has a slight Brittish accent, but it's hardly noticeable. His sister died only a year before having gotten Hodgkin's, a cancer that attacks the lymph nodes. He was very fond of his sister and after her death he just hasn't been the same.

Last edited by Taylow on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:15 am

*reserves spot*
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Name: Illia Herris

Looks: Illia is not your typical teenage girl. She could care less about what she's wearing or if she follows the latest trends. She's around 5'4" and fairly petite. She's got long, curly auburn hair with a streak of blonde framing her face. She has wide hazel eyes framed with dark lashes. She's got peachy fair skin and a few freckles over her nose. She also has a small stud in her nose that is the shape of a sun. She is always wearing things that usual people don't think is normal. She almost always wears long sleeved shirts and she's a fan of suspenders. She wears skinny jeans with everything, normally in faded colors, but never blue or black. She wears a lot of converse and sometimes she wears heels. She carries around a tiny, fuzzy backpack with her all the time, too.

Personality: TBD... I know she's quiet, but not much more.

Bio: Also TBD. There's some trauma, but ai haven't decided what. And I know she's into self harm.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:09 pm

*reserves spot*
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Name: Zy Anderson

Looks: Zy is 6'2" or so and athletically built. He has some muscles with nice definition. He's got dark brown skin and black dreadlocks that hangs past his shoulders. He's got very bright green eyes and a black ring in his lip. He tends to dress in dark clothing and is a fan of band t-shirts.

Personality: Still developing. He has his heart of his sleeve and is easily hurt. He trusts too easily and doesn't like confrontation. He feels like he's a lost cause, but he still sees beauty in the world. His confidence is shattered and he's pretty broken, though he hides it.

Bio: Zy lived with his abusive mother only until he was four years old. He was taken away and lived in various foster homes until he was eight, when henwas adopted by a nice family. The family proceeded to use him as a slave until he was eleven, when he finally ran away. He jumped between friends houses, then, when he was 15, a teacher at the high school took him in. He decided to meet his mother again and found that she had been in an accident. The lower half of her body had been crushed in a car accident and she was living through feeding tubes and IVs. Zy learned how to set her tubes up and help her function, but he was forbidden from living with her because of her record. Instead, he spends a few hours everyday after school taking care of her.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:02 am

Can i join?
Red
Red

http://idkcolor.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Yes Red, you can

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Name: Zach Smith

Looks:
picture one:
picture two:

Personality: Zach is very shy and seems closed off. The first time he meets you, he will tend to mumble when he speaks and talk very softly. But once he befriends you and feels like he has earned your respect, he will be very open and kind to you. He will also become very animated and fun to be around.

Bio: After growing up in a house where he was taught what he was was 'wrong' and that he needed to be 'fixed' he started to close himself off from others. His parents didnt agree with his 'choice' to be gay and kept sending him places to be 'fixed'. After coming out to his parents and seeing their reaction, he decided it would be best if he just distanced himself from people. He is still openly gay, but he just doesnt talk to many people about it.

Name: Jesse

Looks: Blond hair that is kinda shaggy an falls into his 'striking' silver eyes. some say that his eyes make him look like he is harsh or mean and is always staring someone down. Has pale with a slight golden tone to his skin. He stands at about 5'10" and is very lean and lanky with long limbs.

Personality: Is somewhat a nice guy, but doesnt come off at that at first. Some people think he can be kinda mean or jerkish when they first meet him, but that isn't who he really is. He wont try to use anyone, and respects most.

Bio: He ended up being the voice of reason for his best friend until he had to move. He was the one who would have to ask if this was a good idea, or tell his friend that he was stupid. When he moved, he had left his few friends and now has to start all over again.

Name: Toni
Looks: Dark, long brown hair that almost looks black. It falls to the small of her back when pulled into its normal braid. Dark brown eyes that she seems to hate. Her side bangs cover her left eye almost completely. She wears thick recangular black framed glasses that she constantly has to push up her nose. At about average height, she thinks she is slightly over weight, but still healthy looking. To hide herself, she wears large baggy jackets and jeans to try to blend into crowds. She hates standing out.
Personality: SHe is very shy and is close off from most who arent her friends. Because of her ADHD she has to keep her hands busy at most times and has a metal clicky pen that she keeps in her pocket to take apart and put back together when she needs to. SHe is very protective over her black messanger bag and the small journals inside of it.
Bio: She has had a pretty normal life. Loving mother and father. no other siblings. But at school, she doesnt click with many people. Her best friend is the flirty Charlie, and he is one of the few she will talk to. She is very bright when she talks infront of a class, but that is rare. When she gets nervous or stressed, she will start snapping one of the two rubber bands on her left writs against her skin until she calms down. Not many seem to notice, and if they do, few have tried to stop her.

Last edited by Momo13 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 am

(:

Name- Brynnley Kahn
Age- Just turned 17
Looks- Long, wavy blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and big lips. 5'2'. Somewhat of a figure, but not that great, but she is thin.
Personality- Loud and obnoxious; Likes to get her way, when she doesn't she gets pissed.
Bio- She lives with her adoptive mom in their appartment. She's lived there since the day she was brought home from the orphanage when she was 12. Before that she lived with a very abusive family.
Stevie
Stevie

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:08 am

*poke* Stevie you have to ask before just jumping in ^^;
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:52 am

Oh my gosh ! I'm sorry, I didn't see that! Can I join >_<
Stevie
Stevie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Actually, Stevie, I think we're going to have more than enough characters for this one. I don't want any big break offs, and it's going to be hard enough to keep everyone together as it is. Sorry love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Name: Bellatrix Jones (Most call her Bella or Bee-both names she likes-but if someone wants to annoy her, they call her Trixie)

Looks:
This face:
HUM 104: The Heroic Journey Lucy-h10
With these eyes:
HUM 104: The Heroic Journey Blue-e10

Personality: Funny and sarcastic, but knows how to get to people. She's tough because of *read bio*.

Bio: She was born into a crime ring/family, although she's not going to figure it out for a few more months (she's taken from my story, remember). Her father is out of the picture, and her mom taught her everything she knew until she died four years ago. Bella steals to get by, but she's more of a classic, classy crime artist, sometimes of the 'con' variety, than a criminal. She's good at accents, and lived in England until last May, when she moved to a flat near Lineger. She's not going clean-not by any stretch of the imagination-but she's taking a break while she researches her next hit.

**If anyone watches White Collar, she's partly based off of Neil**
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:20 pm

do you want me to post a guy? lemme know, and I'll get right on it. just wanted to use her because she's in the story I'm working on right now. Smile
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Ok, awesome. Lets start this thingy)

Rory-

I sat towards the front, my books scattered on the desk in front of me. I looked up at the front of the class room where the professor should have been, but wasn't. Then again, I was a few minutes early...ok try more like ten minutes early. I had to catch a ride to the college with some people that had decided to go off campus for lunch. I sighed, putting my lips together as I did so, making more a raspberry sound as my lips rolled. I let my head drop to my books, my golden hair surrounding me. This was going to be a very long day...I could feel it.

Charlie-

I stared at the lunch room around me, mild boredom clear on my face. An empty tray sat in front of me and yet I was still hungry. I sighed and glanced at my phone to check the time, a slight longing rolling through me. It had been over a year and I still hadn't gotten over looking at my phone and not seeing a text from Trish. I managed to register the time after a few minutes of staring at my phone, and then went back to staring at the crowd around me, trying my hardest to prolong the inevitable drive over to the college.

Last edited by Taylow on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Bellatrix~
I moved my Starbucks to my hand that wasn't freezing. Although it was starting to get a little cold outside, I loved my vanilla cream too much to give it up. As I looked around the cafeteria, I spotted a guy sitting relatively by himself. I walked over and paused my music, keeping the earbuds in my ears. "You look depressed." I took a sip of my drink and stared up at him, waiting for him to answer.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Jesse

Maybe he wouldnt go to class today and just stay home. WHy bother? He doubted he would fit in very well. A sigh escaped his lips. Maybe he'd call Seb today, see what trouble he has gotten into. No, that would hurt too much. Instead he just grabbed his jacket and started walking to the starbucks around the corner. He'd have to walk to class, if he decided to go, so why not grab a cup of coffee on the way?

Zach
The black haired boy sat in a bench in the court yard outside the cafeteria, watching as people walked buy. His sketch pad rested on his lap, and the flat end of his dull drawing pencil tapped against the smooth paper. First day of class was today. He didnt think he would say much there, of course unless he was around the right people, he never said much anywhere.

Toni
The dark haired girl walked into the cafetaria and looked around. the keys to her crappy, run down car, sat at her hip as she walked through the tables slowly, her hand on the strap of her bag as she walked. Toni was about to walk to charlie, when she noticed someone talking to her best friend. She bit her lip and nearly stopped. Maybe she shouldnt interupt the conversation. But, at the same time, the girl still had headphones in and looked like she just got over there. She slowly continued her path and took a seat across from her friend, glancing at the girl, then pulling her own ipod out and sticking her purple earbuds in her ears. She grabbed a sheet of paper from her bag and took out her metal pen. On the paper, she quicky scribbled out, "Charlie, you need a ride?" and slid the paper over to her friend for him to see.

Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Illia sat in the bathroom, hands shaking as she looked at herself in the mirror. Long sleeved could conceal her scars, but the acrid taste in her mouth reminded her that the razor was not her only fault. She quickly wiped her mouth and pulled back her hair, looking at the girl in the mirror. Ashen cheeks and dark circles under her eyes. She was a wreck. She couldn't go to her class like this... She stumbled back into a stall and sat down, hanging her head between her knees, trying not to sob. It was just a hopeless battle, trying to overcome this stupid problem. It’d be easier for her if she could just give in. The only thing stopping her was the little girl she came home to every night, her little sister, who would gaze at her with such adoration that her heart broke a million times over. After a good breakdown, she splashed a bit of cold water on her face and decided to get to the cafeteria, to pick up something to drink, something to wash away the remainder of her shame. As she walked in, the low rumble of voices seemed to drown her with dread again.

Zy Anderson. He was a lost soul. He never really knew where he belonged, as cliched as it sounded. He kinda floated around, had a few friends, but he never really stayed in one place for long until the rumors spread and the names started to fly. He was the homeless kid... Or he was until one of the teachers at the high school took him in. It had really been a boost to his confidence, getting some place to sleep at night, knowing where his next meal was coming from. It was a bit of a smile in such a bleak place. Zy finally snapped out of his thoughts, sitting in his car and waiting for his passenger. He was having lunch with one of his classmates and he was catching the class at the college with them. It was just one of his temporary friends. Temporary was safe.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 pm

Charlie-

I stared at the girl that stood in front of me for a good minute, just to make sure I'd gotten a good look at everything about her, then looked over at Toni who I had noticed sitting down across from me. I glanced at the paper and gave a small nod. I wouldn't mind riding with her today, she could ride with me next time. I then turned back to the girl who stood there with her headphones in her ears holding her coffee and debated how to answer. I felt the urge to flirt with her, but didn't really want to. I wasn't in the mood to. I wasn't going to get my after lunch nap, which I normally got because of study hall. I wasn't exactly pleased with the schedule change. "And you look sorta nosy," I retorted, sitting up in my seat so I wasn't slouching anymore. It was hard to not slouch though, especially when you're 6'1. You fit in nothing if you don't slouch, and your legs take up all the room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Bellatrix~
I smiled. "Guilty." I looked at the girl who sat down a moment ago. "Hey. I'm Bella." I said, glancing back at the guy, waving at both of them. "Where are you guys off to?" I said, seeing 'ride' on the paper. I hadn't tried to read it, I kinda just did.
Whoops. I told myself I would stop that.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Rory-

I sat there with my head on the desk for a little while longer then gathered my things and hiked back out to the car where Zy was waiting and sat in the passenger seat. "He's not there," I muttered. I hated college classes for that very reason. Hardly any of the professors were ever there early. They always arrived either late, or just on time. I glanced over at Zy in an attempt to see what he was thinking. He was always so...quiet. It was weird, but I tried to never push it...unfortunately I was bad at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Zy glanced down from his rear view mirror with a bit of a gleam in his eye. "Shocker," he muttered under his breath. He paused for just a second. "I need coffee..." He turned his head to look at her. "You want one?" He pushed a dread out of his face and slipped out of the car, looking at the passenger side from the top of the car. He had the patience to walk with someone just a few blocks.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Rory-

I watched him get out and sighed. Guess I might as well...although I'm not sure caffeine would do me any good. I was a little spastic without it. I got out and smiled at him and gave a slight nod. "Sure, I'm game." I closed the door and walked over to his side and waited for him to lead the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Toni
Toni bit her lower lip and just looked down. She put her hands under the table and snaped the thin red rubber band against her left wrist softly a few times. Tingles and small stings ran down her arm as she did this, but it was the only way for her to deal with stress and talking with others. Well, others besides Charlie, who she couldnt look in the eye while doing this. he never aproved of her dealing with her problems like this.

Jesse
The blonde continued walking down the street to the corner coffee shop, his strides long and quick. His gaze kept to the ground as he walked, and his hands were shoved into his pockets. He wanted to get in, get his coffee, and relax before this class he had finally decided to go to.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum