the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUM 104: The Heroic Journey

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

HUM 104: The Heroic Journey - Page 4 Empty Re: HUM 104: The Heroic Journey

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Professor Waddel came bustling in, a few minutes late as always. He had a stack of papers under his arm and looked a lot like Harrison Ford, only his gut was just a little bigger and his white hairs were more prominent. "Good afternoon class," he said as he adjusted his glasses and moved behind the table that sat in the front of the lecture hall type room. "This is Humanities 104, The Heroic Journey. Make sure this is the class you are suppose to be in, and if it's not, I'm sure you have greater quests else where." He didn't look up at the class once, as he shuffled through his papers and organized everything for the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Toni laughed lightly, but stopped when the teacher came in. She led Charlie to a seat towards the middle of the room. She learned over the room that the teachers were less likely to notice you if you sat in the center of teh crowd and kept your head down. And it always worked if you didnt stand out too much.
"this work?" She asked him.
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Charlie-

I gave a small nod and quietly sat down with her before giving the room a quick look around. It wasn't terribly crowded, but there was a good amount of people there.

Professor Waddel straightened himself out with a large stack of papers and looked at everyone. "I hope you got the supplies list and have your binder with you," he said as he started passing out small stacks of paper with an orange diveder. "You will be needing it for this class. I also hope you managed to pick up a copy of The Hobbit, since it will be the first Epic we will be looking at. Can anyone define an epic for me?" He asked as he looked around the room, his sharp blue eyes landing on everyone in turn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Toni watched the professor as he asked questions and slowly pulled out her materials that she would need. She put her new copy of The Hobbit on the corner of her desk and shifted so she was sitting on one of her legs. When he asked the question, she kept her head down for a few moments.

Jesse walked into the class as the professor was still saying a few things about what the class would need and asking what something or other was. The blonde took a seat in the back and put his suplies on his desk and took out the worn down copy of The Hobbit. He raised his hand, but didnt really wait to be called on to give an answer.
"An epic is usually defined as a narrative that has a legendary hero that does many deeds." he didnt look up from the beat up The Hobbit book that was sitting on his desk that he was flipping through. "At least I think that is what it is."
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:24 am

Professor Waddel scanned the class as he finished passing out the handouts that explained the stages of the quest and so on. He then made his way to the front of the room and reached into his brief case and pulled out a small treasure box. "Alright, so this is the box of fortune." He pulled out one of the small candies inside and looked at it. "Each candy has a name on it, I call the name, you either answer the question or share something you found insightful, or something you found pertaining to the stages of the quest." He looked at the chocolate and read the name silently to himself. He blinked as Jesse answered the question and smiled to himself, his eyes now on the boy. "Perfect, and what's your name?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo13 Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Jesse looked down at his book. "Jesse. Jesse Oliver." He looked around the room and leaned back in his chair. he didnt really want to be here. He actually wondered if any of the highshoolers wanted to. In one fluid movement, he kicked his feet onto his desk and just watched the professor.

Last edited by Momo13 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Momo13
Momo13

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:59 pm

**Sorry, I didn't see the posts for this. I thought they were for another chat that I wasn't in, so sorry! Bella's just sitting in the back, now watching Jesse and the professor**
Red
Red

http://idkcolor.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:28 pm

"Ah, perfect," Professor Waddel took out the chocolate with his name on it, and tossed it to Jesse. "Anyone care to add to that?" He asked as he looked around the room, getting ready to draw another chocolate if no one answered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Bella-
I had missed the question. I would have answered, too-seemed like the professor liked participation. I sighed and looked around the rest of the class, trying to figure out everyone elses personalities, what makes them tick. It was a fun-and necessary and important-game I liked to play.
Red
Red

http://idkcolor.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum