the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cursed - a restart

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cursed - a restart - Page 3 Empty Re: Cursed - a restart

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Jason was up early the next morning, standing by the window and looking out. He figured he was alright to be without cover, since the sun was barely starting to come up. He ran a hand over his bare chest and stared at the marks that marred his body before he shook his bald head and looked back out the window, taking a drink of his coffee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Jean

I was up with the sun, even though sleeping last night was horrible. The boy is there, not paying attention to me... I wondered about saying something, but debated it. I survey his back quietly, not sure what to do. "...Is there a word you want me to call you by?" I ask, breaking the silence.
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Jason spun and faced her, his eyes sort of tight at the thought that she was now seeing him for what he was. He wondered how long she'd been watching his back which was marred just like the rest of him. "What do you mean?" He asked, shifting a little uncomfortably, but figuring putting on his hood would be pointless by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Jean

My eyes stay on his, not wandering. "A...name..." I look away, uncurling from the blanket to stand and hesitantly go over next to him, looking out the window too. Concentration strays, I'm back to looking at him... "...I don't care, honest. Appearances...it doesn't change my thinking towards you..." Still, wordlessly I offer the blanket back so he won't be so uncomfortable.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 am

Jason stared at her and looked at the blanket. He took it and gently wrapping it around her so she'd stay warm. "Do you have a name that you like?" He asked curiously, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:58 am

Jean

"My name is not shared outside of my flock, and wouldn't make much sense to you anyway." I study the blanket, back around me, before looking up at him. "Wizard named me Jean, in an attempt to show ownership..." /My/ precious Jean, he'd say...

"...Do you have a name that you like?" I ask him back.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Jason raised a brow as he watched her for a moment, then ran a hand through his hair. "How do you like the name Elizabeth?" He asked, it being the only name that would come to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Jean

"No. I'm not going to be named again. No one owns me," I say to him, a slight edge to my voice. "Jean is fine." I'm giving it to him to call me by. Its still not my name, but it will work for the time being. "And your name? Or shall I just call you 'Human' this trip?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Jason gave a small nod, watching her carefully. "Jason, my name is Jason." He looked at his feet, then back to her. "You know, names do not mean a person owns you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Jean

"Names are powerful; we believe it does. It's to own our soul and fire. Humans have forgotten such practices however," I explain. "You think you can own everything... My, my, my. Even the land, the oceans..."
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:32 am

Jason gave a slight smile and ran a hand through his hair. "I wouldn't try to own you," he murmured, his eyes turning back out to the white expanse below them. "If I'd of wanted that, I wouldn't be helping you. Would I?" His eyes met her for a brief second before going back to the snow. His fingers ran along his scars unconsciously and he sighed, his head hanging slightly. "Are you hungry?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Jean

"...Humans are well known for being deceitful in the past..." I murmur back to him under my breath, staring out the window. I tighten the blanket around myself, insecure and again doubting his intentions of helping me.

"...Hungry? Yes," I say a bit louder, attempting to hide the fact. I glance over to him.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Jason gave a small nod and went into the kitchen, preparing a breakfast. He debated cooking eggs, but figured she'd get upset at that seeing as how she was a bird, and instead just made some oatmeal and a few sausage patties and set it on the table for her. "There you go. Breakfast."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Jean

I go over, leaving the blanket upon the couch before sitting. I glance up at him. "What about you?" I ask him, taking up the...spoon. I wouldn't know that word normally, yet the name just came into existence in my head... Taking a spoonful of the oatmeal, I blow lightly on it before eating. Hot foods were another oddity... Wizard had made me get accustomed to it, however.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Jason shook his head and rubbed the back of his neck. "Not hungry," he muttered and turned to go get dressed. "I'll be in my room if you need anything," he said as he left, not looking back at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Jean

I watch him go, questioning the suddenness of it. I still made him uncomfortable then...? Or was it his curse? But I didn't care.

Alone again, I stare down at the meal. I didn't much care for it, either but...this was it. My mouth goes dry, no matter what I eat. I didn't like the silence. We weren't creatures to be optionally alone. All I've had since my time on the wing was the Wizard, and the bond my loneliness made me strike with him was sickening to me. And now this human, who was afraid of my reaction and didn't seem to want to stick around much.

I leave the spoon upon the plate, food only half finished, and go sit upon the couch again. Didn't know what to do with my arms. My hands. They don't belong.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Jason came back a good couple hours later, having actual pants on this time though he was still topless. She'd seen him already, there was nothing more to hide. It's not like he'd be able to take away the image she already had in her mind. "I've talked to some people and I've got us a flight in two weeks."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Jean
Curiosity had gotten the better of me, and I had looked through the various cabinets of his kitchen while he was gone. There were things I recognized more, things more familiar for my diet. Fruits, mainly. Banana and apple - though that was in a juice.

I hadn't known what to do with what he had given me though I didn't want to eat either items. Being alone made me...jumpy. The reminders of my life with Wizard didn't help. I was fidgety by the time he came out of his room, pacing, anything to occupy myself. Keep the slight panic and fear away.

He surprised me, and I stopped immediately to look at him, register him as an acquaintance. "...How long is a week?"
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Jason watched her for a minute and rubbed the back of his neck. "Seven days," he said softly. "I know it's kinda long..but that's the best I could do. I'm sorry."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Jean
Seven...seven... fourteen days. I nod sharply, eyes distant and mind busy with anxiety that I didn't want to recognize. "I...I don't know if Wizard will...can be here that fast. I don't think I left any way to follow me...? And...fire. Wizard controlled my fire. I don't...I don't know if I can handle that time without going off. I'm not sure about the strength. If I do burn. I don't want to hurt anyone. It'll be something for the Wizard to track if I do..." Back and forth. Pacing in front of the picture window, staring at my hands. Shouldn't know its a picture window. Shouldn't be here, shouldn't have hands, shouldn't be anxious...
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Jason watched her for a moment then rubbed the back of his neck. "There was another flight that could get us there sooner, though we would have to start traveling tonight to get to that airport."

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Jean
I pause, glancing over at him. The idea was tempting. Wonderfully hopefully tempting... "I won't...I don't want to be a pest," I say to him quickly, however. Too much. Asking too much of the human. Just...sit. Calm down. My body wouldn't move though.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:40 am

Jason watched her quietly for a long moment before giving a small sigh. "Give me ten minutes to get it all together," he said and turned to go back to his room. "We'll leave tonight." It was obvious she wanted to go, and he knew the feeling of being trapped in a body that wasn't your own. He couldn't blame her for wanting to go early.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3