the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Amazing Brain

+2
Wolf of Storms
Avery
6 posters

Go down

The Amazing Brain Empty The Amazing Brain

Post by Avery Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Well, this is the third time I've put this up, so this'll be the last. Hopefully I can get it going now.

You're finally living the life that you've always wanted. A college student. The parties, the booze, the hot girls, the hot guys. It's your years of expirimentation and individuality. You're finally on the path to success and you know that now, you'll be able to make it big. Things are a breeze! WAIT! Who're you kidding? It sucks. The fees feel like they're suffocating you, you barely have as many friends as letters in your name, and you're falling behind.

Then, you find it.

A poster of one of the corkboards at school. You read over it quickly, not really interested. But then you see it. Free board for a year. A whole year! It's nearly too good to be true. You instantly grab your cellphone and then stop, rethinking what might happen if you call. The college has good enough credentials and if there was some sort of creep running around the campus, you'd probably heard of it by now. You rip the posted off and bring it up to your room.

After what seems like a long time, you finally call and sign up. They tell you that they'll call back in a few hours. You anxiously wait in your room for the call and finally you get it. You're in the program and no more having to pay for this overpriced refridgerator box anymore! You quickly pack all of your stuff up and then get a text that a car will be sent to get you in the morning to bring you to your new home, not even a few blocks from campus.

~THE NEXT MORNING~

You wake up with a start and then grab your bags. As you approach, a small white car comes to pick you up from the front gates of the campus. You're driven to the house in silence. When you arrive, you're more than impressed. The house is full of old world charm, large and whimisical. It seems slightly worn down, but it doesn't look bad. When you get inside, there are rooms, each labeled with a name on a door. You find your name and begin to settle in. Under your pillow, you find a note and a journal.

Thank you for your participation!

You have graciously donated a full year of your time to spend in the Windsor House, home of psychological experiments. You will be expected to do one thing, and one thing only. Write in your journal every other day. No matter how little or how much, we'd like to see some sort of behavioral pattern. You will be cut off from the outside world, with no television or internet or phones, but that it one of our variables. We ask you refrain from usage of cellular phones. There is a full block on all cell phone transmissions which interrupts the signal and shuts the phone off. Please follow all the rules, which are simple: No rules, and enjoy your stay.

Unsigned. Oh well... So, more people? I guess that leaves one question. Who are you?

Name:
Looks:
Other:

Personality and history should be revealed during the course of the chat.

Rules

~ Swearing is allowed, but just not in excess.
~ Please keep this pg-13. If you have a character that's about to do the matress mambo, fast forward.
~ Absolutely no insta-love. It drives me crazy. Make the romance realistic.
~ Try to make posts at least three sentences long. If you absolutely can't, I don't really mind, but it makes things easier to reply to.
~ Try to have a boy and a girl :3
~ Have fun!
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Brain Empty Re: The Amazing Brain

Post by Avery Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Name: Clara-Jean "Cj" Thomas
Grade: Sophomore
Looks:
Spoiler:
Other: She signed up for the experiment because her friends said they were going to sign up, but then she ended up finding out they didn't. Views this whole experiment as something stupid and something that will just make her more anxious. She's a cutter and into cigarettes, along with other things.

Name: Webster Reynolds
Grade: Junior
Looks:
Spoiler:
Other: He's kinda a nerd and he;s more into being alone, but he took part in the experiment to branch out. He's good with computers and he's called "Web" most of the time, which annoys him pretty badly.

Last edited by Avery on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Thinking of joining
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Ooh! Go ahead~
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Name: Autumn Harrison
Grade: Senior
Looks:
Spoiler:
Other: She signed up to save money and will have difficulty without her phone.

Name: Riley Sanders
Looks:
Spoiler:
Other: Not quite sure yet...

Last edited by Eagle on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Last edited by Red on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red
Red

http://idkcolor.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:50 am

May I join Avery?
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:36 am

Ehehe, of course~ You can, too, Red.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Name: Rain Lexington
Looks:
Spoiler:
Other: She's got a bit of an accent and can be really clumsy. She's pretty sure that this is just going to be fun and a good way to save money.

Name: Eric Lawson
Grade: Sophomore
Looks:
Spoiler:
Other: He's more into music than making friends so he's not really caring about what goes on here. He figures he goes along with this then he has a bit more time to figure out where he's going with his schooling.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:52 pm

CJ Stepped out of her car, closing the distance between the parking lot where the students were given directions to, and the Windsor house. When she got to the old grey house, she smiled, admiring it. Her eyes were torn away soon, though as she reached for the tarnished copper knob attached to a bright purple door. Her stomach was fluttering excitedly and she walked in, quickly searching through everything, leaving her shoes in the doorway. Was she the first one here? Really?! She smiled slightly, fingers slipping under the sleeve of her sweater, picking at an old cut there. Despite being so happy, she was still being overcome by her anxiety. Going up an old, spiral staircase, she found a long, patchwork looking hallway with several doors. Each door has a name marker on it and a key. She took her key and opened her door, fining a simple room with a bed, laptop, desk, closet, and a journal, perched on the pillow. Hm... I could get used to this. Without closing her door, she settled at her desk, eyes going straight to the laptop.

Web was the first person in the house, finding it relatively easily. He was happy about being first, too. He got to relax in the quiet and scope out the other people in the house. He recognized a few people that were staying here, but otherwise, he didn't really have a clue. He wasn't particularly social when it came to these "experiments" but he was going to try and test it out. Maybe he would be a little bit out of his comfort zone, but wasn't it worth it? Did he want to be miserable during this experiment? Did he want to be friendless? No, he didn't, so he was going try his best.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Eric hunched his shoulders as he stepped inside the house, headphones blasting music in his ears. He probably wouldn't have noticed completely if the house were on fire when he walked in, more interested in finding his room and spreading out on the bed than anything else. His eyes traveled over the stairs and the floor in front of him, but didn't completely stray from the direction he was heading. Once he'd found his door he pulled the key off and opened it, eyes catching the fact there was a journal on the bed. Frowning a little he grabbed it and tossed it to the desk before sprawling out on the bed and closing his eyes. The music was loud enough, though, he probably wouldn't be drifting off any time soon.
"I will not bow... I will not break..."
Eric sat up, kicking his shoes off to a random place on the floor before shoving his hands up under his head. The song holding most of his attention.
"I will shut the world away..."

Rain barely caught herself before face planting at the top of the stair case. An embarrassed flush colored her cheeks as she glanced around the hall, hoping none of her new house mates had caught sight of that.
Relieved she quickly found her door, opening it and glancing around the room. She hesitated slightly though, tucking the keys in her pocket. The idea of holing herself away in the room with so much time left in the day wasn't appealing. Instead she found herself only doing a quick exploration of the room before stepping out into the hall again, locking her door behind her.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDeepishDark Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:32 am

Can I join this? It looks interesting. :3
TheDeepishDark
TheDeepishDark

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf of Storms Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm going to have to drop this chat. Sorry.
Wolf of Storms
Wolf of Storms

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 am

That's fine~

And @DeepishDark, yeah, you can join!
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Viviana Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:32 pm