the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

2 posters

Page 10 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:52 pm

"Well I would show you, but I'm not one to just jump on someone without their consent," They replied evenly. Taryn really did believe that, considering they knew and had heard horrific stories of those who had not had such options by others.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:05 pm

A smile flickered across Alice's face. "I appreciate the courtesy." She said, bowing her head slightly. "But I'm not the kind of person you want to get any level of involved with, Your Majesty."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:10 pm

"Taryn," They repeated. "We're way past your majesty." They set the tea down, their hands folding in their lap. Alice had a small point, that getting involved with their body guard wasn't a good idea, but rationality wasn't their strong suit.

"Maybe you are the type of person," they said softly. "But maybe you're not. Does it really matter? It's not like we're getting married." They laughed at the last part, a small pit of dread reminding them of their responsibilities.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:15 pm

Alice laughed. "Of course not. Nevertheless, it's not a particularly good plan to take up with your bodyguard." She picked her next words carefully. "You realize, Majesty, that there are other women in this castle that you could take up with. More fitting women." Women who don't care about professionalism and the ever present risk of imminent death.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Taryn smiled a little at her laugh. "Other women who would probably talk or sell out," they pointed out. "Other women I don't know, other women who don't make my heart stop when they smile."I'm so dramatic oh my god...
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:32 pm

Alice ducked her head. "Your Majesty, do you realize how inappropriate even having this conversation is? I'm your bodyguard. I shouldn't have allowed that kiss last night."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:54 pm

Taryn sighed. "Yea, I do," they said softly. They hesitated before blurting out what they had tried to stop themselves from saying, "Would you do it again?" They bit their lip, wondering if Alice would get angry, or something. It was probably not okay to ask that, and they felt rather awkward and uncomfortable saying it.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Alice curled her fingers into her skin, pressing hard with the blunt edge of her nails. There was an achingly long pause where she didn't answer, couldn't bring herself to answer, because the honest answer was yes and the responsible answer was no and she was caught between the conflicting desire to have a kiss like that again and the need she felt to keep her professionalism wrapped around her like a shield.

"I-..." She swallowed, eyes downcast, lashes like a dark fan sweeping the edge of her cheek. "Yes. I would."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Taryn bit their lip, waiting and waiting. The wait felt like forever. They didn't look at Alice, expecting nothing good to come out of this conversation. They looked at their hands. They could feel and hear the tick of the clock across the room.

Finally at Alice's words, they looked up. "What did you say?" they asked, genuinely shocked. They had expected Alice to outright refuse, to never want to bring it up again.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Alice kept her eyes downcast, stayed focus on the stinging pain of her nails digging into her skin. She pursed her lips, said, quietly, "Yes. I would." She's already said it once, she wasn't quite thrilled with repeating herself.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Taryn looked at her more closely. "Then why're you fighting this so hard?" they asked, eyebrow raised. Taryn was surprised at themselves, this was not something they ever pictured themselves doing or talking about. This was not supposed to be part of the happyily ever after they read about as a kid.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:21 pm

Alice's shoulders hunched a little. "It isn't what I'm paid for and it would be extremely unprofessional of me, never mind that I took advantage of your intoxicated state. I'm not the most moral woman and I have no problems with that. But even I respect the right of a person to consent or refuse me. You could hardly do that when inebriated."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:24 pm

Taryn bit their lip, and got up. "You make a valid point, I've never had someone actually give any sort of thought about my consent." They said. Taryn moved over to her. "I'm paying you to be my bodyguard, that doesn't mean you can't have other actives in your life."

They quirked a small smile. "No one in court is moral, and we all have secrets."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Alice shrugged. "I'm less moral than even the people in your court, Your Majesty. And while you pay me to guard you, it makes any physically intimate act with you unprofessional on my part."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:00 pm

"I think you'd be surprised of some of the people in my court," they said honestly. Taryn stood facing her at this point. "Does professionalism really matter all that much in the grand scheme of things?"
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:07 pm

"Maybe, maybe not." She said, not looking at them directly. "I'm known for being a professional. Any business I've ever been afforded has been afforded to me because my reputation is pristine enough that employers will... look over... my greater flaws."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:16 pm

"Well, no one said either of us would be talking about this to anyone," they pointed out. "But I won't force you." They looked down again, unsure what exactly to say. Alice wouldn't necessarily be there forever, Taryn forgot that a lot of people didn't have a lot of money. They were almost completely ignorant of the fact this was not most people's lives.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Alice gnawed the soft skin of her bottom lip. "People talk, rumours spread, the staff spies. We could get caught. It's hardly you and I revealing what we did that concerns me. And the consequences for you would be unpleasant, Your Majesty." They needed to know that mistakes happened, that if Alice was caught she'd get the death penalty and that if they were caught- well. She wasn't quite sure what would be done, but hardly imagined it to be sunshine and butterflies.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Taryn nodded. "I'm well aware," they said. "And my future is already shaping to be unpleasant, but what happens to you is up to you. I have no right to tell you what consequences to accept or not accept." Taryn continued to look at the ground, not sure what to do with themselves right now. They debated moving away, although they weren't that close to each other to begin with.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:52 pm

"Your Maj-"

"Ah, there's my future bride to be!"  Hayworth burst through the doors to the study.  Alice was up and behind the couch before he could see her, face closed off and hands clasped behind her back.  "How are you this morning, my dear girl?"  He leaned down and pressed a chaste kiss to Taryn's cheek, sitting uncomfortably close to them on the couch.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Taryn jumped, startled by the sudden intrusion. You've got to be kidding me. They forced a smile in greeting to him. "My Lord, what a surprise. I wasn't expecting anyone for a few hours," they said. "I must admit I'm shocked, glad, but shocked." They allowed him to kiss their cheek, although there wasn't much option, nor was there in moving over on the couch.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:07 pm

"Well I like to get an early start to the day, sweetheart. Start out with a light fencing regime, keep up with my courtly lessons. I went to wake you up with a light breakfast in bed, but your maids told me you'd already dressed and gone to the study, so I thought I would join you." Hayworth said, settling back into the couch and draping his arm along their shoulders.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:17 pm

Taryn nodded, "Of course, but you aren't to see me in my chamber until we are wed," they said, unsure what the mixture of emotions was in their stomach. The idea of him barging into their room made them very uncomfortable. They tried not to squirm when he put his arm around them. This was different than the light touch they had felt on their arms by Alice last night.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Hayworth nodded, grinning and chucking them under the chin. "Of course not, I only wanted to drop it off at your door so one of the servants could take it in to you. They told me they couldn't because you'd already left your rooms and had food sent to the study for two." He said. "I assume that the messenger lost her way when you sent her to fetch me for our breakfast together. You're such a sweet thing, Princess."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Taryn stifled a small giggle at that. The idea of the breakfast for two, being for him, was greatly amusing. They were not amused though, at being forced to relax against him, under his chin. "Yes, I was informed you were surprising me, but things got very scrambled, I'm sorry." they said. They looked up at him the best they could, really not particularly enjoying the view of the very tiny beard.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum