the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

2 posters

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 23 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:22 am

They found themselves throwing their arms around Alice, although again they weren't sure why. They just wanted to be held or protected, or both. Taryn felt very small and silly at that moment, but perhaps that was because they got more satisfaction out of hugging a body guard than their own fiance.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 23 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Alice blinked in consternation at the sudden hug, unsure for a moment what to do. She hesitated for a brief moment before tentatively wrapping her arms around them, one across the span of their back and the other carefully cupping the back of their head.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Taryn didn't move for a few moments. "Sorry, I didn't mean to just...do that," they said awkwardly, looking up at them. They blushed deeply, feeling very foolish.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Alice shrugged, a little softer around the edges now that Vandyke was no longer around. "It's alright, Your Majesty. You've had a rather rough day. I begrudge you nothing."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Taryn shrugged. "We're alone, Taryn please. Don't make me feel like a stranger," they said softly. They leaned their head against her chest, listening to her heart.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:12 am

Alice nodded. "I- as you wish, Taryn." She breathed in and out slowly, hesitantly threading her fingers through their hair while they rested their head against her chest.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:27 am

Taryn sighed deeply as Alice's fingers went through their hair. "Mmm, come to bed with me again," they whispered, not commanding, but hopeful. They really did want to spend the night with Alice again, they had never felt safer.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:19 pm

Alice bit her bottom lip, unsure if that was really the wisest course of action, but nodded and said, "As you wish, Taryn," anyway.  She was the lightest of sleepers.  If anyone entered the room she would know in a heartbeat.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:39 pm

"Only if you want," They added quickly, unsure if Alice did want to, although to be honest, was rarely sure what Alice was thinking. Unless she was around Vandyke, but that was probably because both her and their thoughts were in a similar vein.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Alice released her bottom lip, a faint indentation left from her teeth. Her immediate instinct was to formulate an noncommittal answer, but past experience made her think honesty was strangely desirable with them. "I would- I would be happy to, Maj- Taryn."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:39 pm

Taryn moved away from her, to go towards the bed, shedding the silk robe and curling into a corner of it, their eyes wandering to where the man had laid dead not too long ago. They flickered their gaze up to Alice, offering a small smile.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:52 pm

Alice smiled back, small but sincere, and stepped a bit closer to the bed where they were curled up. She wasn't quite sure what to do with herself because while sleeping another night with them sounded admittedly pleasant, simply sitting down beside them while they were in their nightclothes seemed a bit presumptuous.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:04 pm

"I like your smile,"Taryn said, their voice showing the blush that appeared on their face yet again. They patted the bed beside them, but didn't want to give the impression this was something Alice had to do. It was very important to them that this was something Alice wanted.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:08 pm

Alice flushed pink, colour rising high on her cheeks. She ducked her head a bit, the small on her face growing a little wider. "You're too kind, Taryn." She said softly. Alice approached the bed and sat down, crossing her ankles and resting her hands on her thighs.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:35 pm

Taryn smiled. "No, just honest," they said. "Relax!" They added, giggling a little. "You don't need to be so tense." They moved over to Alice, sitting down next to them.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:41 pm

"I'm not tense." Alice protested, even though that was a lie and she wasn't quite sure of what to do with herself in intimate situations that didn't involve sex. "I'm... alert. It's my job."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:47 pm

"You are just as alert relaxed as you are when you are sitting upright and comfortably," They teased, lying down a little. They stuck their tongue out at Alice, messing with her a ltitle.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Alice bit her lip, trying very hard to stifle the giggle that wanted to come out and finding herself mostly unsuccessful. The flush across her cheeks grew deeper when she realized she was forgetting her composure in front of them. She cleared her throat, trying to maintain a more professional image. "I apologize, I- don't know where that came from." She muttered, looking down at her hands.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 pm

Taryn giggled a little harder. "No, why would you apologize for that? That was adorable," they said, moving over to them more, looking a little confused at their her reaction to herself. They frowned for a moment, placing a hand on her shoulder sort of awkwardly.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:42 pm

"I- it's-" Alice shrugged, kept her gaze firmly on her hands. "It's not the sort of behaviour a woman like me should be exhibiting." She said. She was an assassin and she'd worked hard to be seen as intimidating. Giggling like a schoolgirl wasn't the sort of thing to make people fear her.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:43 pm

Taryn grinned. "It's not the sort of wom..."They stopped themselves, having never actually discussed with anyone how the word woman or girl caught in their throat when they spoke about themselves. "It's not how I should either, but we're alone. Be comfortable," they said quickly, stumbling over their words.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:55 pm

Alice nodded, the ends of her ponytail slipping over her shoulder and hiding part of her face. "I'm... not used to ah- relaxing enough to be comfortable. But I would be willing to try. For you."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:57 pm

Taryn reached up and moved the hair from Alice's face. "Don't do it for me, do it for you," they said quietly. "Who gives a shit about me, this isn't about me." They kissed Alice's cheek before lying back down.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:02 pm

Alice frowned faintly. "I do. Care for you, that is. I wouldn't have stayed if I didn't." She said.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:10 pm

"I just meant you shouldn't do things for other people," They whispered, although Alice's words caught them off guard. "I care about you a lot," they said in the same quiet tone.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum