the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

2 posters

Page 12 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 12 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:02 am

Taryn shifted a little uncomfortably, the silence making them feel well uncomfortable. Taryn was never great with silence to begin with, they always preferred some sort of noise, so this silence, already awkward, just felt so much worse. They continued to eat, and drink tea quietly for a few more minutes, really unsure of how to bring up any conversation. "His hands are awful in comparison on my shoulders," they blurted awkward, not even sure what they were really trying to say.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 12 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:06 am

Surprised by the break in silence, Alice looked at them, ponytail sliding over her shoulder when she turned her head. Even more surprising, however, were the words she was almost entirely certain she'd heard come out of their mouth. "I- pardon?" It was perhaps the most off guard she'd ever been in front of any royal.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:09 am

Taryn blushed furiously. "I uh, I just, your hands feel better on me than his," they said, more coherently. They really didn't know why they were even bothering to say it. They looked at their tea cup, which was shaking slightly in their hands. This was awkward, this was not supposed to be said, and yet there it was. All nice and awkward.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:05 pm

"Ah."  Alice ducked her head and smiled, just a tiny thing curling up the edges of her mouth.  She folded her hands in her lap, rubbing her thumb over the lateral edge of her pointer finger.  "I- um- thank you.  I've... been told I have good hands?"  Compliments were not something she was especially used to, unless they were directed towards her prowess with a knife.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:16 pm

Taryn blushed, looking down, unable to make eyecontact with her. "Uh, yes, they're nice," they said awkwardly. Taryn didn't know how exactly them saying that was really going to come across, other than weird. They weren't even sure what they were trying to say. "I should just not talk to people..."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Alice frowned slightly and shook her head. "Respectfully, I would disagree Your Majesty. You speak well and I would regret a cessation of our conversations."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Taryn smiled a little. "Taryn, Alice, Taryn," they said looking over at them. "Your Majesty feels too formal." They still has a smattering of pink on their cheeks, although they were beginning to wonder if this was permanent.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Alice looked at them under the cover of her lashes, combing her fingers through the ends of her ponytail, working out a few tangles. "If I were to call you by your given name, it would imply an especially intimate relationship between us."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Taryn raised an eyebrow. "You're right, there's nothing remotely intimate between us here,"they said, an air of sarcasm. Taryn hoped that didn't come out harshly, but they never were quite sure. They looked down again, too afraid to meet Alice's eye.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 pm

Alice flushed, the faintest hint of colour dusting the arch of her cheeks. "One kiss doesn't necessarily equal an intimate relationship." She twisted a strand of hair around her finger, winding and unwinding it; it was a fidgety habit she'd never quite trained herself out of, although she did it far less often than she had years previous.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:21 pm

"I didn't say it was very intimate," they pointed out. Taryn looked over at her, a smile smile appearing on their face again. They picked up some more food, popping it into their mouth, savoring the rich flavor. "I mean, I guess it really depends if it stays just one," they said absently.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Alice's eyes flicked up and fixed on their mouth for a second or two longer than appropriate, then immediately back down to her lap. "I admit, I was under the impression it was going to be a one time occurrence between us."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Taryn didn't really know what to say to that. They really weren't sure what they were intending. "Well, I guess it could be," they said shrugging. What the hell, and why the hell am I doing this? Taryn popped a grape into their mouth, for something to do other than talking. "Is that what you prefer?"
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Alice frowned, tilting her head. "It's what I thought you would prefer, Majesty." The crack in her hard fought professionalism that'd appeared the night before was only growing wider, allowing lapses in conduct like the kiss they'd shared and sharing a morning meal together while she technically on the clock.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:00 am

Taryn shrugged. "You've seen what my husband will be like,"they said, grabbing a tea cup. They took a deep sip of the now cold tea. "I don't really know at this point, it's not like he won't have affairs, all kings do." They remembered very clearly the fight their mother and father had about this, even though they weren't supposed to be listening.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:11 am

"I have indeed met your husband. But if you aren't sure, it's likely something we shouldn't engage in." Alice pointed out. "I refuse to touch anyone who's not fully and willing consenting. It's one of the few lines I have that I will not cross."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:15 am

Taryn looked at her. "You're one of the few people I know who actually follow that," they said quietly. Taryn's conflicting self was really beginning to catch up with them, causing a bit of confusion. They looked away, staring at the ground feeling the swirling of dread, confusion, and desire that seemed to be becoming a permanent state.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:22 am

"Even I have limits about what I'm willing to do." Alice admitted. "And, given that the morning has grown late and I'm sure His and Her Highness are awake and dressed for today's court, I believe we should... pause... this conversation until a later time. After all, you're to meet your newest bodyguard this day."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:25 am

Taryn nodded. She was right in everything she was saying, and unfortunately court would be starting soon, even though as a princess they really didn't do much. They would watch from the sidelines as their parents dealt with issues. Later on, Vandyke(sp?) and themselves would take over, but at the moment that wasn't their job. "I suppose you are right," they said, getting up, and smoothing out their dress.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:29 am

Alice nodded, clasping her hands behind her back. "I can be, every so often. If the moon is full and I've been bathed in holy water." She swept into a curtsy, tipping her head toward the study doors. "After you, Your Majesty."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:31 am

Taryn giggled a little. "That is an interesting situation I'd like to hear more about," they said amused. With a small wink, they turned on a dime and headed toward the door, their dress swaying with each and every movement.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:28 pm

"As you wish, Your Majesty." Alice's pressed her lips together, hiding a faint smile, and followed them out of the study. She stayed a respectable distance from them; far enough that she wasn't intruding on their personal space and unintentionally step on the hem of their dress, but close enough that should anyone try something, Alice could get to them within seconds.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Taryn positioned themselves where they were supposed to be at court, which was below the two throne chairs, which were high above the rest of the court. They knew this would probably be the time they would meet the new bodyguard. Taryn bowed, and smiled and greeted as customary, although to be honest the process was tedious and rather boring.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:41 pm

((Just so this is there, the new bodyguard description))
Name: Sir Alexander Wrung
Personality: A strong, gruff man who stays silent most of the time. He tends to anger easily, and mock people when provided the opportunity. He is incredibly loyal no matter the job, as long as money is to be provided.
Appearance: Tall, dark haired man who frequently wears all armor, and stands at 6'6". He also carries a large sword on him and several other concealed weapons. He sometimes looks more like a knight than a bodyguard.
Extra: Very close to the prince.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Alice stood behind their throne, head held high and grey eyes bright and alert, sweeping across the masses of the court. Various nobility came up, wishing Taryn congratulations about their marriage, greeting and politicking for attention and Alice watched each and every one of them for any threatening words or actions.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum