the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

2 posters

Page 13 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 13 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:15 pm

Taryn continued on with the pleasantries until their father began doing official business. This included various townspeople and lords who could actually afford to come talk to him. This would last for an hour or two, then some other issues would be addressed for another little bit. Finally, the court would all gather and discuss things on their own while the king and the queen sought to private matters with private councils.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 13 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:24 pm

Alice kept close to Taryn all throughout the rest of court, moved even closer when Vandike decided to join them, an incredibly tall man trailing behind him.

Hayworth beamed when he saw them sitting on their throne and hastened up the steps, kissing their cheek. "My sweet princess, how are you this fine day? I have someone I'm delighted for you to meet. This is going to be your new bodyguard, Sir Alexander Wrung."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Taryn smiled widely, although it was mostly false at the sight of their prince. "I am wonderful, and yourself?" they asked, eyeing the man behind Hayworth. They heard his name, and saw hisheight, and repressed the words Is he named after a ladder?

Wrung nodded at Taryn and Alice, bowing, but saying nothing other than "It is an honor to serve you."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Alice inclined her head slightly, pursing her lips at the way Vandike'd introduced Wrung. New bodyguard. Hardly. I'm far more difficult to get rid of than he seems to have assumed.

Hayworth grinned, clapping Alexander on the shoulder. "He's the best of the best, Mi'lady. I'm sure he'll do an excellent job protecting you from now on."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:01 pm

Taryn smiled even sweeter, almost a little sickeningly sweet. "I'm sure he'll make a fine addition and be quite helpful to Alice in my protection," they said. "You do make the best choices. He is a perfect assistant."

Wrung glanced between Alice, Hayworth, and Taryn rather unsure what to make of the situation. His mouth twisted into a slight frown, but he did not protest, nor was Taryn his employer.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Alice stifled the snort that wanted to escape, maintaining her stone faced expression. She simply bowed her head for a brief moment and said, quietly, "As you say, Your Majesty."

Hayworth's eye twitched, but he kept the smile on his face, though it was dimmer and a shade confused. "Yes, I'm sure he'll be able to guide the girl in proper shadowing manuevers and the like. I trust him to take good care of you while I am absent from your side."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:09 pm

"Oh, I'm sure she'll teach him a thing or two, you're right. You're so smart My Lord," they said, again, the smile lighting up their face. Taryn saw his eye twitch, but was unsure if it was a muscle spasm or a blow to the ego. Taryn couldn't decide which.

"Your Grace, I assure you I can shadow just fine," Said Wrung, his frown deepening.

"Oh I'm sure, but Alice is the best," They replied.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:12 pm

One corner of Alice's mouth turned up and she took her eyes off the crowd for a moment to look up at them from her post. "You flatter me, Your Majesty."

Hayworth's brow twisted in puzzled confusion. "I think you misunderstood what I was saying, Princess, but it's alright. I understand that you might have trouble hearing me clearly in such a noisy crowd." He reached out and patted their cheek.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:14 pm

Taryn flinched slightly, but controlled themselves. "Oh no, I heard you quite clearly. Sir Wrung will make an excellent addition," they said, positively grinning at the look on Hayworth's face. They didn't respond to Alice, because quite frankly, they were too caught up in their own small victory. Although the anger was just below the surface at being treated like a small child.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Hayworth's face smoothed out. "Yes, he will be. I'm so glad you're amenable to his presence. He'll be taking over the night guard and shall accompany the girl and your as you go about your daily activities." He didn't notice their ire or their faint flinch, too consumed with himself and orating his plans for their new security detail.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Taryn bit their lip. "I would really feel safer than Alice around me at night as well. Only a man being around me...it wouldn't be right," they said quickly. And part of this was incredibly true, it made them sort of nervous for a man to be guarding their door with no one else.

Wrung frowned. "YOur Grace I would never do anything-"

"It would make me feel safer," Taryn interrupted.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Hayworth waved away their protest. "I understand, my dear, but-"

"Their Majesty has made a request for me to stay in the evenings. Would you deny them, My Lord?" Alice cut in.

Hayworth glared at Alice before he shifted his gaze back to Taryn. "Of course not, girl, and don't question me or my decisions again. You won't like the consequences. That said, if it is your wish, my sweet princess, then of course the little chit will remain with you through the night."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:47 pm

A small smile continued to stay on Taryn's face with Alice cut in. A small warm feeling grew in their stomach again at her strength, but faded when Hayworth spoke again.

Taryn's smile completely disappeared. "Alice is under my protection as part of the royal guard, you have no power to dismiss her. You are not king." They said, ice in their voice.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Alice blinked in surprise when she heard the ice in Taryn's voice, but her shock was nothing compared to the stunned look on Vandike's face when they spoke. "B-but we're to be married. Surely you would not permit a lowly woman like her to speak to me with such insolence?"
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:53 pm

A smug feeling went through Taryn's body at his shock. "Yes we are to be married. I couldn't wait another day, I really am very happy. But you do not speak to her that way. When you speak to her that way, you speak to me that way," Taryn continued. "She is following my orders and doing as I requested. Don't try to change those, that is not your place yet."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Hayworth's eyes darkened a little bit, affronted. "I see you feel quite strongly about this, Princess. I meant no offense to you, you must forgive me. I have never met so impudent a guard. Sir Alexander is a perfect model of loyalty and I am unused to the strange way your girl behaves."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Taryn noticed people starting to look and put on a smile again. "No worries," they said to him. Taryn kissed his cheek, placing a hand on his.

"A tournament, what a wonderful idea!" Taryn heard their father cry. Edmund was very happy already ordering people to plan it as he stood up to take to his private council meetings.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Alice let out a tiny sigh, briefly looking up at the ceiling in concealed exasperation. There weren't many things she hated more than tournaments- drunken knights and princes flocking to the castle in an attempt to prove their masculinity and making her job increasingly difficult. It was hardly ideal.

Hayworth, on the other hand, lit up, an arrogant smirk stretching his face. He absently patted Taryn on the head, already planning to enter the competition. "A tournament, sounds like a good time for all, don't you think so?"
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Taryn smiled. "Absolutely, oh I do enjoy them,"they said, which really was true. They liked all the noise, and the people, and the nice food and drink. Also everything would be so exciting. They curtseyed as the rest of the royal family left the court room. This would be a time they could exit as well, once the prince and them were done.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:24 pm

Hayworth smiled. "Excellent! Then of course you'll come to watch me compete and perhaps be so kind as to give me a favour for good luck." He kissed their hand. "Now, if you'll forgive me, I must be off. I promised a noble or two my time this day. Worry not though, Sir Alexander will stay with you and provide you with faultless care and protection."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:27 pm

"My prince, why don't you take him with you today. He can rest and start tonight," they suggested. Taryn curtseyed again for him as he killed their hair. "I will give you a most wonderful favor," they added. Taryn still wanted to talk to Alice alone a little, and wasn't quite in the mood to deal with the rather burley body guard who looked bored of the whole conversation.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Hayworth considered their suggestion. "I suppose I could use him for a few more hours." He said thoughtfully. "Expect him at your rooms in a scant few hours though to start his new duties. I want for him to start protecting you as soon as possible. It would please me greatly to give you this additional, more experienced security."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Taryn nodded. "Of course,"they said, curtseying again. "Come on Alice," they said exiting the busied court room. They continued down the hall, assuming Alice was following them, back to their chambers where they could change.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:42 pm

"As you wish, Your Majesty." Alice did as she was bid, walking behind Taryn, ponytail swinging like a pendulum. She felt vaguely uneasy, the sudden announcement of the tournament and Wrung settling sour in her belly. As they reached the doors to their bedchambers, she slowed her pace and took up her usual post by the side of the heavy wooden door.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:45 pm

"You can come in you know," They said, pausing before opening the door. "It's alright." Taryn didn't mean this in any sort of strange way, they just meant that Alice didn't have to stand outside. They were enjoying talking to Alice in general, although if things were to come up again, they wouldn't complain.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum