the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

2 posters

Page 19 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 19 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Taryn smiled at Alice's words. "I've never really thought about whether or not I want children...I never saw that as an option-to not." They said absently as they got up setting the hair brush down. Taryn moved to the wardrobe going through it without really paying attention.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 19 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Alice hummed thoughtfully. "No, I don't suppose your position would afford you the luxury of decision in that matter." She said, rolling her neck from side to side to alleviate the stiff, uncomfortable feeling in her muscles. "Are you sure you have no need for your maid today, Your Majesty?"
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Taryn shook their head. "No, it really doesn't, but that's alright, if that's the worst of things, then I can handle it," they said, blissfully unaware of how to raise a child. They looked over at Alice. "No, but if you need to go handle something go ahead, I can always rely on Mr. Ladder."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Alice shook her head. "No, Majesty, I have nothing to attend to this morning. And I wouldn't recommend relying on Wrung- he's yet to prove he can do anything other than follow Lord Vandike's orders and stand outside a doorway at night. Hardly an impressive skill set."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:44 am

"I am not really, you're right he hasn't proved himself," They said pulling out a much more casual dress (although still elegant and elaborate) than usual. They slipped off the night clothes, dressing themselves. "Could you just do me a favor and close the back?" they asked, there being a few buttons they couldn't reach.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Alice politely turned away while they undressed and pulled on their outfit for the day, but she turned back around when Taryn asked for her help. "Of course, Majesty." She said, stepped closer and quickly did up the top few buttons of the gown.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:58 pm

Taryn thanked her, spinning back around when she was finished. They looked into the mirror, straightening certain aspects of the dress, and making it look just a tiny bit more presentable. They continued to mess around with the dress a little for a few minutes before beginning to straighten their hair up just a little as well. They were not putting nearly the amount of effort in they would for court, but they still wanted to look nice.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Alice backed away after doing up the buttons, taking up her position by the door again. She watched for a moment as they straightened up their hair, a faint smile curling her lips upward. It was only for a moment though and then she resumed her ever-vigilant watch.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Taryn finished with all the little pieces of hair that were bothering them and straightened up. "Alright, I'm ready, sorry, I know it must be awfully boring for you to watch me get ready," they said, looking over at Alice. They started to head towards the door, still glancing at Alice.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Alice shook her head, moving aside and trailing behind them. "Hardly, Your Majesty."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:37 pm

Taryn opened the door heading through it past Wrung who immediately spoke up. "Your Grace, where are you off to? I'm afraid I must accompany you." He said, bowing at their presence. His face had the lines of exhaustion that came with being up all night, and a distinct air of boredom.

Taryn looked over at him. "I'm headed to the gardens, Alice is with me. If you really feel the need to come along you may," they said, the uppityness in their voice increasing.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:20 pm

Alice flicked her eyes over Wrung, assessing, and noted the tired, pinched line around his mouth, the bored set to his shoulders. She pursed her lips, clearly unimpressed with what she saw, clearly judging him and finding him wanting. "Yes do come along, if you feel as though you can handle it." Alice invited, smiling as sweetly as she knew how, though her eyes conveyed the biting mockery her voice only hinted at.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:08 pm

Taryn stifled a small smirk at Alice's words rather amused by them, although farther down in their gut worried that it wasn't a good idea. They said nothing and continued to walk.

Wrung glowered down at her. "I'm sure I can handle things just fine," he said, a hint of menace in his voice.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Alice lifted her chin up, narrowed her eyes. Tension made her whipcord lean muscles draw tight like the string of a bow. "How... nice... that you think so." She said, still trailing behind Taryn.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Wrung trailed behind the both of them, hand clasped on the sword handle, as if prepared for something to happen. He didn't say a word after Alice's, but continued to glower down at her.

Taryn on the other hand continued to walk, not completely aware of the tension that was going on behind them. They exited the castle, heading towards the gardens which were being watered by some servants.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:43 pm

Alice ignored Wrung's glowering and her steps didn't falter once as she followed Taryn out into the garden's, sunshine beating down on her shoulders as she walked outside. She took a deep breath of fresh air, a scent so different from the musty, damp scent that pervaded the castle. "It seems to be quite a pleasant day, Your Majesty."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Taryn looked over at her, stumbling a bit on a lose rock tripping them. "Oh yes, quite nice," they said, trying to act as if nothing had happened, although the color on their face gave things away.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Alice smiled faintly at them, although she allowed the distance to grow a bit between them so that she didn't need to directly interact with the children they were planning to speak with. She'd never had a particular skill for infants and didn't plan on developing one.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Taryn turned when they heard several small voices call their name. They smiled and walked over to a bunch of children that were playing by a large fountain, several servants and maids watching over the kids. They stooped down, giving the children hugs, smiling and sitting on the grass with them as they played. Taryn not only completely let their guard down around children, it never occurred to them children could kill someone. They were really quite ignorant and unaware of feeling any danger towards children.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Alice stood behind her, imposing and silent and still as a statue, although she couldn't help the way her eyes lingered on them as they interacted with the little demon spawn running around, the way they smiled and seemed so much more at ease than when in the courts. Not that she could blame them; the courts were vicious. Still, Taryn was out in the open. It made them an easier target. She would have to keep vigilant to make sure nothing happened.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Taryn continued to play with them and talk to them. They really did enjoy playing with the children, not so much because they liked children but because it gave them a chance to just drop all the formalities of court. They had called for a book to read as well, although they weren't sure how long they could hold the children's attention.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:32 pm

Alice kept the fond smile off her face with a little more effort than she usually had to expend as she watched them. The day wore on, sun beating high overhead, and Alice could feel the long nights and longer days combined with the heat taking its toll, although she'd deny it should anyone ask. Hopefully, they'd finish with the children soon. Alice wasn't quite built for the combined warmth of her woolen clothes and the warmth of the sun.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:47 pm

Taryn was beginning to wrap up with them, their own dress, although lighter than their usual garments, was becoming hot. They could never understand how children dealt with heat quite so well, since they seemed to always be continuing to play.

Wrung, however, was also showing signs of tiredness, and his armor clearly wasn't the nicest in the heat. He glanced at Alice, muttering "Ovaries tingling?"
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 pm

Alice went rigid, pursed her lips tightly together, and exhaled long and slow. She turned to look at him, eyes steel cold and frozen. "Pardon?" I'm sure you didn't say what I think you said. Because if you did, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cause you grievous bodily harm.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:04 pm

"Oh nothing," said Wrung,a small smirk lighting up his face. This made however a few scars on his cheeks more noticeable. He didn't look at her when he said this, just stared at Taryn who looked like they were about to wind down with the children, as they were pleading with them to stay.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum