the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

2 posters

Page 18 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 18 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Alice shrugged one shoulder. "Uneventful, which is a promising sign. Although it doesn't guarantee that the assassination attempt on you was the act of a single person, it does increase the likelihood."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 18 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Taryn smiled a little. "Alright, well how about the rest of the night?"they asked a little bit amused. Taryn really enjoyed sleeping next to Alice, but hoped they hadn't bothered Alice too much.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 pm

Alice felt heat rise in her cheeks, colouring them faintly red, a barely there blush crawling it's way down her bare neck. "The rest of my night was- unexpectedly pleasant." Her head tipped down the slightest bit, like she was maybe embarrassed or feeling shy.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Taryn smiled, walking over to her. "I"m glad," they said nodding. They really did enjoy sleeping next to Alice. "Maybe it could happen again," they suggested, unsure of the response they would get. To avoid staring at Alice they went about busying themselves.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Alice nodded faintly, restrained herself from biting her lip just barely. "If that is something you wish, Your Majesty." She took a deep breath, kept herself steady and didn't sway into their space.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Taryn stopped for a moment. "That's not what I want. I want you to want it too," they said. "But if you don't you should be honest with me." They began working on putting their hair into a tight bun, although admittedly not trying overly hard.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Alice pursed her lips, shifting her weight from foot to foot restlessly. They wanted her to talk about what she wanted, what she felt, and she- wasn't quite sure how to do that. Didn't quite trust herself to know what she could want and what would get her killed for wanting. But they were asking and they seemed sincere and Alice. She couldn't deny that it had been nice to sleep next to someone. "I- wouldn't object. Taryn."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:30 pm

"Alice, that isn't how you feel, that is what you're willing to put up with," They said quietly. They turned to face her. "I'm not objecting to marrying Hayworth, it doesn't mean I want to..." They covered their mouth, unable to believe those words came out of their mouth, or that they meant them. "Um...I uh..."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:36 pm

Alice sighed, finally breaking away from the wall and inching closer to them. "I know. I- didn't mean it was something I would put up with." She said reluctantly. "I just. I'm unused to discussing things I want and am unsure how to articulate it. But I- I enjoyed sleeping with you last night. I'm... happy... to be in your company." She felt like her face was on fire and the unfamiliar sensation of wishing the floor would swallow her whole crept over her.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:42 pm

Taryn got up, walking over to her. "I know what you mean. We may work very different ways, but we seem to struggle with similar things," they said softly. They hesitated for a moment, before placing their hand on her cheek. "Can I kiss you?"
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 pm

She leaned into their hand cupping her cheek and nodded slightly, eyes fluttering shut. Alice figured she'd crossed her lines of professionalism this far already, what was a few more steps?
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:54 pm

Taryn smiled, and kissed Alice, having to step on their tippy toes a little bit because they were on the shorter side of things. They really did enjoy the swelling in their chest at kissing Alice, they couldn't imagine this feeling with anyone else.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:59 pm

Alice tipped her head down to accommodate for the inch difference in height, sighing softly into the kiss and tentatively placing a hand on their hip. Her palm could almost be considered hovering, the touch was that light.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:09 am

Taryn smiled into the kiss, deepening it for a moment before pulling away. "I really like doing that, you're really good at that," they said, blushing furiously. They felt a little immature when they said that, but it was very true.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:16 am

Alice made a disappointed sound when they pulled away, but didn't make any move to continue the kiss, since it seemed like they were done. "I would hope so. I do try to be the best at everything I can. Several people were willing to help me in my quest." Most of them ended up dead, admittedly, but it's hardly my fault they thought a bit of kissing was going to leave me vulnerable.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Taryn smiled a little at Alice's noise, they did like that Alice seemed to enjoy kissing them as well considering how exceptionally new they were at it. "I'm sure you had people lining up to help you," they said, winking although they were also serious.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Alice raised an eyebrow and gestured to herself. "Hardly. I'm not the kind of woman to have people who line up for my attention. It was pure planning that led to any of the former partners I've had. But, thank you. For the compliment."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Taryn nodded, "Unlike whatever this is?" they asked referring to the planning of partners. They weren't really sure what this was, or what to call it, although calling it something, or debating calling it something seemed to make it feel more real and a lot more terrifying.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:33 pm

Alice debated whether to tell them that the planning hadn't been on her part, that the planning had been on her partners' part as a plot to catch her vulnerable. She decided against it. It wasn't immediately relevant to the conversation at hand and really, what did it matter in the long? She'd gotten them before they could get her. Problem solved. In the end, she nodded. "You could say that."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 pm

Taryn nodded. "Did you stay in here all night?" they asked, surprised but not displeased. They got up again, moving around the room to grab a brush to run through their hair while they talked. Taryn knew at some point they would have to get ready for the day,but was putting itoff.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:52 pm

"...I did, yes." Alice nodded, watching for a moment as they ran the brush through their hair before turning her gaze to the window and the bright, sunny weather outside. "Would you like me to call one of the maids to assist you, Your Majesty?"
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:22 pm

Taryn smiled, happy about that. They jumped a little when Alice talked again, having gotten lost in their own little world for a moment. "Oh no, thats okay. I think I might skip court today and do something else," they said absent mindedly.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Alice blinked. It was rare that they skipped the duties of the court. "I see." She said. "And what exactly are your plans for the day then, Your Majesty? You don't usually play hooky."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:44 pm

Taryn smiled a little more. "Well, I'm not really playing hooky, but I'm going to tend to some other duties as a princess. Once in a while I go see some of the children in the gardens." Taryn continued to brush their hair a little. "I know it seems silly, but I think its important to get to know those who will be in my court one day and make sure they're happy."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:41 pm

"It's hardly silly, Your Majesty." Alice said, quietly, even though her nose wrinkled a little at the thought of children and being near the loud, screeching little demons for any extended period of time.  "It makes you a good heir, that you wish to make a connection with the people you'll one day rule.  Although, admittedly, I have no great love for children."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum