the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

2 posters

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 35 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:49 pm

Alice hummed in agreement. "It would be for the best. There are matters we both need to attend to, I imagine." Alice wasn't pleased with the lack of progress made with the king and queen's murder and planned to look into it further when she was back at the castle.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.  - Page 35 Empty Re: The Royalty gets a Bodyguard.

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:53 pm

Taryn nodded. "I wish we didn't have to," they said quietly. "Being away from obligations is so freeing, I've never really gotten a chance except when I'm here." They began pulling their hair back into the neat bun, matched with the black netting over the bun, the mourning symbol.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:32 pm

Alice nodded in agreement, double checking to make sure that her hair was pulled securely away from her face. "Obligations do like to make their weight known."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Taryn began to pack things up, nodding. "They certainly do," they said quietly, shrinking a little at the thought. They looked back up at Alice once things were packed away and went to the horse to put things away.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Alice checked the saddle on the horse, inspecting it to make sure it was secure, but not tight enough to harm the beast. "Ready to depart whenever you are." She said.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Taryn nodded, getting on the horse and holding out a hand to Alice to help her up if she needed it. They didn't want to go back, being ready had nothing to do with it, but it didn't matter, they would do what they had to do.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Alice took their hand and swung up onto the saddle, settling her hands lightly on their waist. While she enjoyed the quiet that came with such outdoor seclusion, the reality of the situation was that she couldn't quite afford to be gone from the castle long. The longer she was gone, the less of a chance she had of finding out who'd sent that assassin to murder the king and queen.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Once Alice was securely on the horse, Taryn started off, galloping simply because they enjoyed the rush of the wind. They also would take less time to get back the faster they went, which made them sad because going back meant dealing with the world, but that was what they had to do. It didn't take them long to get back, about ten or so minutes. Taryn resumed a very solemn face and one that was much more professional.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Alice held on tightly when the horse began to gallop towards the castle, uneasy on the back of a beast going so fast. Once they made it back to the castle Alice loosened her grip and slid off the horse, sighing in relief when her feet were back on solid ground. She didn't think she'd ever quite develop a taste for riding.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Taryn dismounted, missing Alice's arms around their waist once they arrived. They gave the horse to the stable boy, and the basket to a servant, smoothing their hair to make sure it was proper. With a straightening of their skirts they headed back towards the castle, glancing once at Alice.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Alice followed behind them, spine straight like steel rod and hair swaying faintly as she walked behind them. The relief of solid stone underneath her boots was comforting, a familiar sound. Alice appreciated familiarity, even as little as she could afford it.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Taryn returned into the castle and into their room to change into something more appropriate. Wrung joined their guard once they entered the castle, waiting outside their door as usual, eyeing the two of them carefully, but not saying a word.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Alice resisted the uncommon urge to- quite childishly- stick her tongue out at Wrung and flip him the bird. She pursed her lips and stationed herself outside Taryn's room, arms crossed behind her back, eyes constantly flickering around the hall.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:01 pm

It didn't take long for Taryn to change and make sure their hair was nice and neat. They stayed in the room a little while though, enjoying being alone for a little, although knowing that wouldn't last long. They stood up from sitting by the vanity, and smoothed their skirts.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Alice waited by the door for them to come out or call for the servants when Vandyke tried to swan past her and into Taryn's rooms. Her arm shot out, catching him in the stomach and propelling him backwards. "You are not permitted to enter Their Majesty's quarters without invitation, Lord Vandyke." Alice sneered, the word 'lord' spit out like it was something foul. "I'm afraid you'll have to wait out here while I announce you to them."

Vandyke spluttered, his face turning an ugly maroon, his eye twitching faintly as he blustered. "You- How dare you tell- Do you know who I- I will not be bossed around by some tramp in trousers thinking she's got any sort of authority!" Vandyke shouted. "Or do you want another bruise to add to the collection of your face, bitch?!"

Alice kept her gaze level and didn't waver. "You may do as you like, Lord Vandyke, except when it comes to Their Majesty. I will not allow you to enter their rooms without first obtaining their express consent. If you feel the need to take your anger out on me, I cannot stop you." She shrugged. "But you won't be entering their rooms just yet, Mi'lord." Alice swept into a mocking curtsy.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Taryn was just planning to move to the door when they heard the two arguing. They took a deep breath, dread beginning to pool into their stomach as they heard Vandyke's voice. They moved over to the door and opened it in time to see Alice's curtsey. They had to repress a small smile at Alice's sarcastic attempt at a curtsey, not wanting to give away their own amusement or disgust with Vandyke. "Am I interrupting something?" they asked, putting on a confused face, although they could guess what the two were arguing about.

Wrung stood beside the door, having not intervened and allowed Alice to do all the talking and all the arguing. He personally didn't care if Vandyke waltzed in there or not.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:16 pm

Vandyke shoved Alice hard to the side, smirking when she was pushed into harsh stone wall with a muffled, bitten off swear. "Of course not, my darling princess, the girl was just getting out of my way so I could visit you." Vandyke bent his head and kissed their hand. "How are you this fine day, Princess? I heard from one of the stable boys that you'd taken a horse out for a ride. Why then, did I find Sir Wrung wandering about the palace? You know I don't like you to be out and about without sufficient protection."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Taryn had to contain themselves from rushing over to Alice to check if she was okay, but instead forced themselves to smile at Vandyke. "I am alright," they said, bit their lip trying not to feel anger at him. They resisted the urge to flinch when Vandyke mentioned the horse back riding. "I just needed some time to myself, Wrung was just too noticeable. Alice made things much less conspicuous. I am in mourning after all."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Vandyke frowned but accepted Taryn's explanation. They were far too dull and innocent to fashion a lie or participate in any deceit. The foul guard wench though, he would need to get rid of her and soon. "I see. Well, if you'd like to ride again, just let me know and I'll join you. We can ride together, it will be an excellent bonding experience, sweetheart."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Taryn nodded, pulling a small smile onto their face. "That's a fantastic idea.Unfortunately I don't know when the next time will be. I have a lot to attend to with the wedding coming up so soon." They said. "I've had council members chasing me down left and right," they said with a small giggle.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:10 am

Vandyke laughed, although it didn't sound particularly kind.  "I'm sure you have."  He patted their cheek condescendingly and smiled.  "Now, I have business to attend to, but you have fun planning the wedding like a good wife.  I'll come see you later once I've taken care of the important matters, yes?  Yes.  I expect to see you at dinner tonight dressed respectably.  We'll be having guests."

Alice scowled, pushing herself off the wall, hand pressed to the bruised, scraped skin of her ribs. "You failed to give me the guest list, Lord Vandyke, so that I could vet the people you're bringing into the castle. How do you know that one of them doesn't mean Their Majesty harm?"

Vandyke whipped around and curled a lip in snarl at her. "Don't speak without being spoken to, tramp. Sir Wrung is in charge of guarding the princess. You're here only as a courtesy to my bride. Stay out of sight and out of mind, if you know what's good for you." To Taryn, he bowed and sloppily kissed their hand. "I'll see you at supper this evening, Princess. Do be prompt."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Taryn forced a smile although his words made the food rise into their throat. They choked it down, nodding. "Of course my love, I would never dream of embarrassing you," they said, almost throwing up at their own word vomit. They turned to Alice when she spoke, "It's alright Alice, I know you can protect me," they said, offering her a small smile. "I know both of you can," they added quickly turning to Wrung who simply nodded.
"And please don't use such foul language in front of me, tramp is hardly appropriate to call anyone."
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:08 pm

Vandyke nodded, clucking his tongue. "Of course, Princess, I do apologize for forgetting there was a lady in my presence. Rest assured you won't have to hear such inappropriate language from me again whilst I have you by my side." He sketched another quick bow and then rose. "I hate to cut our time together short but I have some matters I have to attend before our dinner. DO forgive me, sweetums, I must take my leave of you." With that, Vandyke promptly strode off.
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Curiositykilledthewriter Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Taryn nodded, unsure what exactly to say, and unable to even get a word in edge wise before Vandyke walked away. "I uh...alright then," they said, resisting the urge to roll their eyes. "Alice, you're welcome to come in," they added, glancing at her before going back inside the room to finally let themselves look exasperated.
Curiositykilledthewriter
Curiositykilledthewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Chick_Down_The_Hall Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Alice, given the choice between waiting in the hallway with Wrung who was an intolerable ass and waiting in the suite with Taryn who was not an intolerable ass, followed them into the bedroom, shutting the door quietly behind her. "I apologize for the ruckus, Your Majesty. We didn't mean to disturb you. Next time, I'll be sure to keep it quiet."
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall
The_Chick_Down_The_Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum