the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C. D. - character development

+2
Regret
Banshee
6 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

C. D. - character development - Page 7 Empty Re: C. D. - character development

Post by Echo Mon May 23, 2011 8:05 pm

"Perhaps a part of it," I said to Andrew, "but it goes further. You're a ghost, and that sucks, but at least your ilk isn't thought of by the whole of humanity to be wicked and depraved. Humans even write books and movies about my kind being mercilessly slayed as if that's a good thing. And they don't even portray us right! It all started with the Bible. The frigging Bible! Possibly one of the greatest works of fiction ever known." I curled my lip in disgust. "So, have you figured it out? Do you know what I am?"
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Mon May 23, 2011 8:09 pm

"Demon?" guessed Ezra.

"I don't think it's a work of fiction." said Andrew.
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Mon May 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Stella:
"WHO THE F*** ARE YOU TO TELL ME THAT I THINK IM SPECIAL?" I yell at her.

Dan:
"Stella calm down" I say putting my hand on her arm, "she didnt mean any harm, Im all science by the way no magic"

Stella:
"NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! I HATE THIS! DO YOU REALIZE THAT THE FIRST NINE YEARS I KNEW DAN I COULDNT TELL HIM HOW I FELT FOR HIM BECAUSE I WAS A WEREWOLF AND HE WASNT! AND NOT TO MENTION THAT EVERYTIME I GET MAD I JUST WANT TO TEAR SOMEONES THROAT OUT! ITS HELL!"

Dan:
"Really? You liked me that long?" I say surprised and flattered.

Stella:
"Shut up Dan!"
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Mon May 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Andrew chuckled, "I understand you Stella."
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Mon May 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Stella:
"Don't get me wrong, healing even when my head is chopped off is nice but this would drive me insane if I didn't have Dan with me, I mean I'm immortal for all I know!"
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Mon May 23, 2011 9:06 pm

"It's hard not to go insane," said Andrew looking at Liz
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Mon May 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Stella:
"I was only mad because, I was, um saying what Dan was thinking" I say looking away.

Dan:
"Excuse me?" I say.

Stella:
"Because I changed you we kind of can share eachother's thoughts now" I say sheepishly.

Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Mon May 23, 2011 10:10 pm

"It's easy to go insane when you're like this," said Andrew.

Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Mon May 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Stella:
I nod, "Im still getting used to it, my parents have had eighty years to get used to it, Im only 15" I say.

Dan:
"What? Your parents look like their in their twenties!" I say astonished.

Stella:
"And how long have they looked like that?"

Dan:
"Um, since I met you" I say, "HOLY CRAP! WE'RE IMMORTAL!"
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Mon May 23, 2011 10:30 pm

"My parents, my sister, and I died when I was sixteen." said Andrew.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Mon May 23, 2011 10:34 pm

"Quit pitying yourself, Stella. You're damn lucky that you're in love with a fellow immortal," I snapped. "You can spend all your days together and never worry about death for all eternity, gallumphing about until Hell freezes over. Which, by the way, it won't. But nine whole years?" I spat every word, pressing the back of my hand to my forehead in mock horror. "How tragic! What a mind-crushingly long time to hide from your friend! Guess what? If I fall in love with a human, I get to conceal myself as long as I know him! And when he stops being a teenager, I'm left behind. And when he's old and dying, where am I? Repeating high school for the bajillionth time, perhaps trying not to fall for another human so my heart won't break again! But of course it will, no matter how hard I try to distance myself from the Mundane. And unlike you, I don't get the luxury of being able to change a lover into one of me. You, boy--" I pointed at Ezra without looking at him "--win the prize. Ding ding ding!
"Yes, I'm a demon. I was born and raised in Hell, which is actually a very nice place, I'll have you know. I have to live every day with the knowledge that every single human friend I make will be dead soon enough. Ever lose someone close to you? Take that feeling and multiply it by all the friends you could make over the span of a few centuries. And it'll just keep going, because I will never. Die. You might be wondering why I bother coming up here to the Middle World when this is the result. Well, I'll tell you. It's because I'm an apprentice Hunter, working in secret to gather information about the cloudies and to keep mortal souls out of their luminescent hands. This, what you see here," I said, motioning to myself, "isn't even close to what I really look like! It's a glamour, a disguise. I change it every few decades or so, but it can't change me, no matter how it makes my exterior look. So count your blessings, werewolf. There's always somebody who has a worse situation."

((Wow, Leslie has a real tendency to monologue. It's great for me, though, because I'm developing her character so much! Very Happy))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Mon May 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Andrew turned pale making him look almost translusent on his already pallid skin at Leslie's words " I feel..." he said, sitting himself dowb and buring his head in his hands.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Tue May 24, 2011 11:45 am

"Death?" says Mirochai-Neptuna. "It is something I am familiar with. Let me tell you one thing. No one, but no one, is immortal. All things that live within space and time die. And you say you are werewolves? And you are a demon? You are mud, slithering from one hole to another in your momentary attempts at existence."

((I do have very faint Christian undertones in my books. I couldn't get rid of them because then I'd be going against my own beliefs, so when Mirochai refers to 'all things that live in space and time', she is faintly aware of a presence outside of space and time that is impossible for her to comprehend.))
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Tue May 24, 2011 2:57 pm

(Same here Regret that's why Andrew doesn't believe it's a myth...neither do Liz and Ezra.)

"I'm all too familar with it," Andrew said in a hushed voice.

Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Tue May 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Stella:
"Boo f***ing hoo for you!" I bark at Leslie, "I couldn't possibly care less with what seems like a long time to you. I will have you know that even though we are immortal we have the same problems as you, my parents constantly have to move so we aren't figured out, we have to make new birth certificates, we have to watch our anger constantly! You can at least control yourself if Dan gets mad there is a good chance that he will eat someone!"

Dan:
"Guilty as charged" I mutter.

Stella:
"Lucy already ate Alexis, she was bad but Lucy still feels teribble"
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Tue May 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Andrew looked up, his eyes furious. "SO?! I was seperated from my family, watched everyone I loved forget about me and die, I'm constantly alone."
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret Tue May 24, 2011 4:45 pm

"I've never had the pleasure of a family," remarks Mirochai-Neptuna. "Though your tiny argument makes it seem better that way. I have met few enough creatures that could even equal me, and most all of those are dead or gone. Do not lecture ME on what it means to be alone. But that is the difference. I can handle it. You can't."
Regret
Regret

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Tue May 24, 2011 5:02 pm

"I never said I could not handle being alone," said Andrew, looking away.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Tue May 24, 2011 5:23 pm

((Regret: I'm writing a book about angels and demons, soo... xD))

"I have to move all the time and make new birth certificates, too!" I snapped at Stella, raising my voice. "You know when I was really born?! 1486! And at least your parents move with you!" Then I wheeled on Davy Jones's wife. "Not true. Angels and demons are both entirely deathless. I'm reeeeally young for a demon, actually." I addressed Dan next. "And you, I didn't get to chew you out yet! Magic exists, buddy. In the immortal words of Naruto, believe it!"

((That's Leslie for you.))
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Tue May 24, 2011 5:27 pm

"I don't even have anyone! So what?! At least you get to live a semi-normal life...I DON'T LIVE AT ALL!!!!!!" Andrew shouted.
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Tue May 24, 2011 5:48 pm

"You would get to live a normal life if you would just move on!" I spat back at Andrew.
Suddenly, a caught a scent and shivered. It wasn't that I was cold; it was a natural reaction in demons to the smell. Like, some old instinct to liven us up for battle or something. I breathed in the scent, frowning and knitting my brow in frustration.
"And now there's a cloudy on the way," I grumbled. "Frickin' great! I gotta deal with self-absorbed werewolves, a stubborn ghost, and now a cloudy! This day just gets better by the minute!"
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Tue May 24, 2011 5:51 pm

(LOL! YAY!)

"I'm not stubborn..." muttered Andrew.

"YES YOU ARE!!!!" said Liz and Ezra at the same time.

Ezra turned to Leslie, "May I ask what "cloudies" are?"
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Tue May 24, 2011 6:05 pm

"Think about it," I replied with a sigh, rubbing my temples with a forefinger and thumb. "If I'm a demon, who do you suppose my enemies are?" I grumbled my next words. "They show themselves before some mortals who just don't understand, and then they get whole books written about them! Angels as servants of God, ha! So they get to be depicted as the ultimate good, and the whole of humanity believes it. And, of course, who do they tell the mortals the bad guys are? Us. Then the mortals take this story and spin it every which way, and we all get this lovely fiction novel called the Bible.
"In reality, however, it's pretty much the opposite of the story you're all familiar with. In reality, angels want to take over the Middle World and move all the mortals to the Upper World. In reality, demons are the secret defenders of all mortal souls, the mortal souls that detest them. You might think, 'Oh, what's so bad about going to Heaven?' And, naturally, you would think this because the church tells you it's a nice place to be. It's not. Take my word for it. If you want to see a beautiful, thriving community, you should look at Hell instead."
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Tue May 24, 2011 6:12 pm

"Oh..." said Ezra.

Andrew let out a sigh, "Why would an angel come here?"

(Ezra means "helper" in hebrew-its also biblical, Liz means "God's promise", and Andrew means "warrior" but it's also biblical.)
Banshee
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Tue May 24, 2011 9:12 pm

(OMG A NARUTO REFERENCE YAY!)
Dan:
"I never said magic didn't exist dipwad, Im a werewolf aren't I? And you!" I say wheeling on (Insert Regret's Charrie's name here that I know but am too lazy to type but I typed this long thing anyway so Im a hypocrite deal with it!) "What are you anyway? And talking about equals no one on Earth can equal my strength, I am immortal I have the strength of a werewolf I have lightning abilites and apparently I am an accomplished sorcerer! I can speak words and what I want happens! FIRE!" I bark and flame erupts in front of us. "I love Stella but I could destroy her with a word!"

Stella:
I look at Andrew and say, "At least you don't always have a constant craving for human flesh. The thrill of killing someone and then eating their warm delicious flesh" I shudder realizing I am going over the edge with anger.

Dan:
"Um... Stella? You're scaring me" I say.
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next