the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr. K Rebooted

3 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Mr. K Rebooted Empty Mr. K Rebooted

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Welcome to the not-so-distant future, where America's economy burst into flames and the government burned to ashes. But from the smoke, feeding off of the unhappy cires of the world, was one Mr.K.

2036 Washington D.C. is not the bustling political utopia it once was. When furious riots ended democracy's reign, Mr.K, an infamous freak show owner, was more than happy to fill the space. With new laws that shirk all responsibilities and his own freak show minions running things, the country is called "The Land of Sins" by foreigners. And yet the elusive Mr.K remains in power by targeting America's youth. High end drugs. Plastic surgeries. New technologies. In this nearly ruleless land, the youth are supplied with every possible want they could ever dream of. And from this, new fads arrive- plastic surgery adventurers who go under the knife for extremes, new kinds of drugs aimed to bring people higher, make them more addictive. Welcome to Mr.K's America, where even a trip to the grocery store could end in a riot.

^That, my friend, is what used to be on all the billboards and brochures of America's ruins. But times have changed yet again since then.

Mr. K left behind a legacy, but that legacy is being threatened by many groups, rebellions springing up near and far.

Will you join The Carnies or Rebels?
Will you fight for good or evil?
Will you survive in this crazy country that once was America?

Let's find out ;P

Name:
Carnie, Rebel, or Bystander:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Other:

Back to top Go down

Mr. K Rebooted Empty Re: Mr. K Rebooted

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 am

Name: Julia Cartwell
Carnie, Rebel, or Bystander: Bystander
Appearance: Short and thin, not even very proportioned really. Dark brown hair that she wears either in one, long braid (her hair down is to her waist) or in a fancy updo by her mother.
Personality: Sheltered, sort of reserved, but gets really nice once you get to know her, WILL NOT BE WHINY THIS TIME AROUND, even though she /will/ be spoiled this time around.
Bio: Comes from a wealthy family on the outskirts of town. Her parents have her promised to the Glade family, because her dad is a selfish glutton.
Other: Wears a white-gold promise ring on her right hand that faces outward, meaning she's promised to someone (Daniel Glade).

Name: Daniel Glade
Appearance: Blonde hair that doesn't really hang in his eyes, but isn't a buzz cut, either. Warm, light brown eyes and an athletic jaw. Tall, tanned and muscular.
Personality: Arrogant, selfish, but has a decent side...somewhere.
Bio: His parents pushed him into a marriage with his childhood best friend, Julia, but neither of them wanted it. They've grown to hate each other for some reason now, maybe because they think that'll break the promise as they both hope.
Other: N/A

Name: Tyler (Uhh, don't remember his last name)
Carnie, Rebel, or Bystander: Rebel (For now)
Appearance: Scruffy brown, short hair and puppy dog brown eyes. He's nothing like a puppy though. Tanned muscle but on the shorter side.
Personality: Cocky, obnoxious, very little tact.
Bio: Has a brother and a sister, but doesn't like to talk about them or talk to them.
Other: British

Name: Matthew
Appearance: Shaggier version of Tyler's hair, and has a kinder face. Usually has stubble because he stays up late composing music and then forgets to shave. A little taller than Tyler, and much less muscular (though he still has a LITTLE).
Personality: Kind-hearted, thoughtful, more tact than Tyler
Bio: Works at a Glade-owned hotel as a pianist in the bar
Other: Tyler's twin brother

Name: Ellen
Appearance: Medium brown hair and an angular face, light tan skin with sparkly brown eyes. Proportioned and medium height. Has a nice smile. Her hair is usually worn in a low bun, and there's often a pencil behind her ear.
Personality: Determined, a little manipulative, kind, the most intelligent sibling
Bio: Works for a big-name newspaper and covers anything to do with the Cirque
Other: Tyler and Matthew's younger sister. Has a tattoo of a butterfly on her lower back, though if you see it and ask her about it she'll get mad.

Name: Kayla "Kay" Brown
Carnie, Rebel, or Bystander: Rebel
Appearance: Straight blonde hair to her shoulder blades, and mischievous brown eyes. Thin and sort of short...eh, she's still growing.
Personality: Impulsive, a little stupid, usually /means/ well, probably has ADHD
Bio: Her parents were taken to jail after a scam having to do with their toy shop, and she was left with her brother. Got dumped with the rebels by Kevin, because he didn't want to take care of her anymore. Well, he told her that the Rebels were a better fit than being his assistant con artist, but the real reason was the first thing.
Other: No one should give her Mountain Dew

Name: Larry Vine
Carnie, Rebel, or Bystander: Carnie
Appearance: Wavy blonde hair and a rail-like frame. Long nose and blue eyes, always looks a little nervous.
Personality: Well, nervous, thinks of others before himself (usually), cautious, easy to talk to
Bio: Mr. K adopted him, though nothing was official which is why his crush on Myrah, Mr. K's daughter, was okay. Has kind of been depressed since Myrah disappeared (COUGHPAVOSGONECOUGH)
Other:

Last edited by !nspired on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Name: Jude Silver
Carnie, Rebel, or Bystander: Hm... eh, let's just go with Rebel
Appearance: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo19wk9f2Y1qmr629o1_400.jpg
Personality: Uh... he's a little... abrasive at times, has a thing against contact... but he has his good moments
Bio: Welllll... sorta long story. His parents were party animals, so he and his twin were alone a lot. They were sorta adopted by Mr K, Jonas, and Joyce, but then after they messed around with drugs at the age of nine, and Gabe 'died', Jude uh... actually, this is kinda a blank period of his life. So I dunno. Don't judge. But then he joined a rebellion against the Cirque and all it stood for, ect, and he's an alcoholic with an ongoing struggle against drug abuse
Other: Plays the keyboard a tiny bit

Name: Gabriel 'Henderson' Silver
Carnie, Rebel, or Bystander: Carnie kinda sorta
Appearance: Dyed his naturally black hair red, has blue eyes.
Personality: Hm... Pavo wrote him originally, so I can't quite remember... power hungry, I guess. Sorta manipulative.
Bio: See Jude's bio, but became Mr K's assistant instead of Rebel
Other:

Name: Sadie
Carnie, Rebel, or Bystander: Carnie
Appearance: Long blonde hair, purple eyes, and in a wheelchair
Personality: Kind, soft spoken
Bio: Left home to become a performer at a young age, was taken in by Mr K, Jonas, and Joyce, but then... actually... this is a blank spot too >.> anyway, she's a performer in the Cirque now
Other: Plays many instruments

Name: Jonas Cade
Carnie, Rebel, or Bystander: Created the Rebels
Appearance: Dark blonde hair, green eyes, strong build
Personality: A natural leader, but uncertain at times.
Bio: Used to be Marshall's BBF, but after Marshall became Mr K, they split ways. He also used to lurve a girl named Joyce, but they split ways following their first (sober) kiss. Oh, and he has a daughter out there somewhere (Not Joyce's though), but he has no idea.
Other: Recovering alcoholic

Name: Reese
Carnie, Rebel, or Bystander: Rebel
Appearance: Dark blonde hair, brown eyes
Personality: Shy, not sure what to do a lot, very sensible.
Bio: Was found by Jonas, Mr K, and Joyce, when he was a baby, but he was returned to foster care once the three split up. Then, about a year ago, he joined the Rebels.
Other:

Okay, I'm sure I'm forgetting people and details, but screw it, I'll remember as we go along

Last edited by endellion on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:31 pm

*stares at large list, intimidated*

Name: Jocelyn, goes by Joss
Appearance: She's a little on the tall side and has a willowy figure. Her skin is quite fair. She has dark brown eyes and straight, dark hair that hangs to about her mid-back.
Personality: Joss is usually somewhat reserved, with dry humor and a tendency to be sarcastic.
Bio: Joss works at a store, making slightly higher than minimum wage. She lives with her single mother and younger brother. Times can be a little rough, but she never had a truly hard life to speak of.
Other: N/A
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:52 pm

❚ Julia ❚
I stepped off the train, Azul in my arms.
"Where'd you say the hotel was?" I asked, as I took in the area around me. I'd never been this close to the center, this close to the Cirque before. It was just like Mother told me. Lots of flashing lights and colors and noise. Not anything like the perfectly organized and color-coordinated houses at the edges of the city -- that was where I lived.

❚ Daniel ❚
"Center of town, I'll lead the way," I said, walking ahead of Julia and the mutt. She toted that thing around like it was one of her friggin' limbs. Of course, if I mentioned this to her, she'd lash out at me. So sometimes I mentioned it just for kicks.

❚ Julia ❚
I tried to keep up with him in the shoes Mother made me wear. Heels. I hardly wanted to wear dresses, and now I had to wear /these/. Ouch, ouch, ouch. Each step hurt. We walked through an alleyway, and I kept Azul closer. What if there were people that liked to mug around? Our clothing looked much nicer than the people I'd seen so far, it was no secret that Daniel and I came from money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:29 pm

Jude
I juggled knives almost absent mindedly, bored out of my mind. There was nothing going on, haven't had a mission for almost two days. I half considered picking a fight with Tyler, but last time we fought, Jonas flipped out on us. One of the knives slipped and nicked me on the arm, but I ignored that, picking it up and starting to juggle again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:32 pm

❚ Tyler ❚
Another one of Jude's knives seemed to fall as I passed, scratching my arm. I scowled at him and picked it up, holding it as a weapon. "Trying to pick a fight, Jude?"

❚ Kay ❚
I was at the store, practically drooling as I stared at a bottle of Mountain Dew.
I felt the money in my pocket.
I could buy it so easily.
The soda could be mine. All mine.
MUAHAHA.

(WD: She's at your store, feel free to comment on how insane she looks staring down an inanimate object -- the pop)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Jude
I glared at him, putting all but one knife in the box on the table beside me "Wasn't trying to pick a fight, Tyler. Not my fault you like to walk under falling knives" I smirked, and kept a firm grip on the knife I didn't put away

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:41 pm

❚ Tyler ❚
"Not my fault you think juggling knives makes you look cool," I said, not feeling very clever today (ACTUALLY SPIRED JUST HASN'T GOTTEN BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS YET). I lunged at him with the knife I held, going for his shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Jude
I anticipated his move, side stepping his attack and going at his arm with a lunge of my own. Jonas wasn't going to be happy, but screw it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:47 pm

❚ Tyler ❚
I blocked his attack with my knife, though it was a centimeter from cutting me. I pushed his arm aside and this time went for his leg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Joss

I restocked a couple of shelves, glimpsing a girl who appeared to be having a starting contest with a can of soda. She had a sort of crazy glint in her eye, too. But it didn't appear like she was actually doing anything...which needed to be fixed. There was no loitering here.

"Um, can I help you?" I asked, approaching the girl.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:51 pm

Jude
The knife sliced open the fabric of my pants, but didn't get to my skin as I jumped back. I went for his face this time, hoping to slice open his cheek

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:53 pm

❚ Kay ❚
I blinked and glanced up, shaking my head of blonde hair. "No."
"I'm just deciding whether or not to buy this Mountain Dew. Because, well, you see," I began to pace.
"I have this...problem. Whenever I drink caffeine, I always get really hyper. So Jonas doesn't let me have it, but I figure Jonas doesn't have to know. Reese either. And this money in my pocket is really annoying being all CHING CHING CHING and I think it's causing a headache, which Mountain Dew could maybe possible sorta kinda fix. Plus, then the money would be gone, anyway."
I stopped and took a deep breath, then held out my money, beaming.
"One bottle, please."

❚ Tyler ❚
I ducked away from his blade, though it skimmed my cheekbone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Joss

...Weird.

"Um, okay..." I said, taking the money and walking over to the register. I put it in, then turned to the girl. "You gotta let me scan the bottle," I told her.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:03 pm

❚ Kay ❚
I petted the bottle. "Goodbye, my precious," I whispered to it before handing it to the lady at the counter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Jude
I kicked him in the gut, and was about to stab at his face again when suddenly the knife was gone from my hand.
"What did I tell you two about fighting?!" Jonas demanded, driving my knife into the wooden table, point first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:05 pm

❚ Tyler ❚
I twirled my knife, that Jonas for whatever reason hadn't grabbed, in my fingertips. I smirked and shrugged. "Dunno, whatever it was slipped my mind."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Jonas
I grabbed his knife next, driving it into the table next to Jude's "Do you want me to kick you two out of the Rebels?!" I asked, gritting my teeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:09 pm

❚ Tyler ❚
I shrugged again, not answering really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Joss

Okay, she was really weirding me out right now... I tried to keep from giving her a strange look as I took the bottle, scanned it, and handed it back to her.

"Um...thank you, and have a nice day," I said somewhat awkwardly.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Jonas
I just sighed, running a hand through my slightly graying hair. The Rebels are going to be the death of me, I swear it. "One more warning, okay? Then you're out" I said harshly. Would I really kick them out? I wasn't sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:14 pm

❚ Kay ❚
"I hope you have a nice day, too --"I paused and squinted at her name tag. "Joss. That sounds like moss. You're name is now Moss."I cradled my Mountain Dew in my arms.

❚ Tyler ❚
My eyes flickered, as a grin came across my face. I could just take my leave now, take my last warning...nah. I walked off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Joss

I raised an eyebrow at her. She was one weird chick... Why was she holding the soda like that? It was just soda...

"Um, it's short for Jocelyn," I told her, trying to keep the slightly condescending tone from creeping in.
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:20 pm

Jude
I glared at Tyler as he walked off, ignoring Jonas as he said something else I didn't quite hear. Then I grabbed one of the knives stuck in the tables, put it in my pocket, and stalked off the opposite of where Tyler went, walking until I reached outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum