the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr. K Rebooted

3 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Mr. K Rebooted - Page 18 Empty Re: Mr. K Rebooted

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:53 pm

❚ Julia ❚
I hesitantly climbed the ladder, trying not to think about looking down. It really wouldn't be that far of a fall, anyway, if I did fall...right? I squeezed my eyes shut and finished the climb, opening them up as I crawled onto the platform and stood up. I brushed myself off and blinked at him. "That wasn't so bad."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Jude
Maybe I just wasn't used to rich chicks, but she seemed to be overeacting. I mean... it was just a ladder. "Yeah... I mean... it was just... climbing" I muttered, going into my apartment without checking to see if she was following.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:40 pm

❚ Julia ❚
I followed him inside, noticing quickly how...shabby the place was. But it didn't show on my face, or so I hoped. I was grateful for somewhere to stay that wasn't a walk through the dark. "Well, yeah, but..." I bit my lip. I wasn't about to tell him I was afraid of heights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Jude
Alright... so the place was a little run down. I hadn't had company in a while. I looked around, trying to see things from her perspective...
The couch was old and torn, all the windows but one were covered in duct tape, and there was a splotch of blood on the carpet, not very well concealed by a pile of dusty music books, which was right next to a broken down keyboard.
Not... the nicest place... and the wallpaper was pealing... plus there was a little mouse hole in the kitchen... but hey, it was home.
I rubbed my chin in thought, remembering that I hadn't shaven in a couple of days. Oh well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:00 pm

❚ Julia ❚
"So how is this going to work?" I asked, continuing to look around. My eyes fell on the couch, which looked all torn up and gross. He was going to make me sleep there, wasn't he? Ew.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Jude
"Uh... you can take the bed, I'll take the couch" I shrugged. Didn't want her whining about the couch all night, that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:06 pm

❚ Julia ❚
"Really? Thank you," I said, a slight smile coming to my lips. But when I looked at him, it didn't look like he was about to return it. I cleared my throat and peeled off my coat, walking over to the bed and folding it at the foot of it. I only then noticed the keyboard across from the couch. I nodded at it. "Do you play?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Jude
I didn't want to admit to her that I'd been trying to teach myself over the past couple of years, so I shrugged "Uh... just a little" It was true, I wasn't great at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:09 pm

❚ Julia ❚
I sat down on the end of the bed, and smiled slightly. "Can you play something?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Jude
"Um..." I looked down at the floor, clearing my throat "I mean, I don't really... uh..." I had never actually played for anybody before

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:20 pm

❚ Julia ❚
"I'll pay you," I said, not even half-kidding. Money wasn't precious to me, I could throw it away for a street rat to play bad piano for me. It was entertaining.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:27 pm

That's kinda mean, Julia >.> he's not /that/ bad... I think

Jude:
I muttered a curse under my breath, then glared at her. I needed money. Really badly. But I didn't show it "You think I'm just gonna jump through hoops for your amusement, lady? Just for a bit of pocket change?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:34 pm

She's just guessing based on her warped tunnel-vision. xP

❚ Julia ❚
I blinked. "Yes, yes I do." I knew he must need the money. He'd borrowed money from that gang outside, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Jude
I cussed again, a little louder this time, considering. Pride, or food... pride, or food... I had done pretty desperate things before, to get by. Like borrow money from homicidal gangs... "How much?" If I went through with this, I was going to hate myself forever or it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:49 pm

❚ Julia ❚
I reached into my jacket and slid out my wallet, pulling out a wad of money. I smirked slightly, a sparkle in my eye. My fingers ran over the edge of the money, flicking it a little, like in a movie. "How much do you need?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Jude
I locked my jaw and clenched my fists, trying not to look at her. What happened to your pride, Jude? Just going to throw it all away for money? ...Maybe to survive. I was barely making it by... "I... I don't know. I need money for food."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:08 pm

❚ Julia ❚
I shrugged and handed him the entire wad I was holding. It had to be at least three hundred dollars, probably more. I carried a lot on me out of fear.
"Let me know if you need more. That is, if we speak again after tonight," I said, locking eyes with him for a moment then shaking my head slightly to focus. "Play for me now...please." I tacked on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Jude
I was just about to say no, and shove the wad back at her, food or not. Pride won out. One of my biggest faults. But... then we locked eyes, and I hesitated, before sticking the wad in the pocked of my hole ridden jacket. Then I went over to the keyboard and sat down, as if unthinking.
Embarrassed, I kept my eyes glued to the keys as I hesitantly started playing a simple version of the opening to 'Julia'. Just for the money. I stumbled on a few notes, but actually, it wasn't bad, on the whole. Not amazing, but... not bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:15 pm

❚ Julia ❚
I raised my eyebrows as, after a little, I recognized the song. When he was finished a clapped a little, then smirked. "Do you know the name of that song?" Julia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:20 pm

Jude
"Uh... I don't know. Just some old song I picked up" I lied,standing up, and yes, kind of hating myself for playing her that. What was I thinking?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:24 pm

❚ Julia ❚
I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I yawned.
"Thank you for the song. I'll be going to bed now."
And just to prove my announcement, I crawled into the bed and pulled the covers over my head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Jude
I watched her out of the corner of my eye as I checked the deadbolts on the door, making sure they were secure. Then I flipped off the single lightbulb and watched the room plunge into near total darkness. Then I went over to the couch and laid down with a sigh, an exposed spring prodding me in my back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:59 pm

❚ Julia ❚
I woke the next morning, it taking me a little while to get my bearings and remember where I was. I wondered, as I made the bed I'd slept in, if I should just leave before he wakes up. Or should I wait and thank him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Jude
I stared at the ceiling for a while, just laying in the dark. Then I finally drifted off.
Nothing new about my nightmares. Just more of the same. Images about my drug abuse... Memories from my brother in the hospital... you would think I would have gotten over the terror of that, but no. I was more jaded to it... but I think the day that I lose all emotion from the memory of my twin brother's death is the day I lose my emotions intirely.
When I woke up, Julia was already making the bed, probably about to sneak off. I sat up, rubbing my eyes

sorry writing is crappy... Hard to write on phone during pt...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:20 pm

❚ Julia ❚

Darn, why'd he have to wake up /now/? Though maybe I'd wanted him to. I don't really know. I turned away from the bed. "Thank you for letting me stay here last night."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum