the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitecap Bay

+3
Bells
Echo
Black&White
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Whitecap Bay Empty Whitecap Bay

Post by Black&White Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:09 pm

sort of going off a bunch of things here...
Pirates of the Caribbean, Sirena, and Aquamarine mainly.

The Past
Whitecap Bay was a feared place for all, the legends and lore speaking of blood thirsty and vicious mermaids that would lure men in with their song to drag them under the waves to eat them. Very strong and fast beings, that could tear through the wood of a hull, sink ships with their bare hands and jump out of the water to snatch men from boats. Deceivingly beautiful; girls with long, flowing hair the colors of the sea and pearly-white skin, their eyes as deep as the ocean and possessing the power to entrap any adventurer.

The Present
Mermaids have all but faded into oblivion. Many hunted and killed because of the nasty legends about them, only a few have survived and are starting to die out. The next generation is born now in the fabled Whitecap Bay, now populated by man.
The old lighthouse has been replaced on the peninsula to the west, shining out to the sea every night. White sanded beaches line the crescent of the cove, a New England style Inn sitting up on a small cliff to the east of the bay. Behind the Inn, the only building seen from the beach and sea, lies the town of Whitecap. A clasic fishing town, the cobblestone streets coated with light fog most of the time. Just past the cliff is a deep inlet bay that is largely trafficked by fishing boats and research vessels up to the town's docks, fish markets, and taverns. A town lost in time, one could almost picture it as the old whaling stop it had been in its heyday. Mostly old buildings except for the new lighthouse and the small marine biology lab at the fisherman's wharf, with a large tank for specimens collected at sea, its own deck, and a sea-garage for their seadoos and boat, a popular place for marine biology or ecology students to gain experience and work at during the summer months.

The Problem
With the older generation gone, today's small population of mermaids did not learn how to hunt man. They know they must be careful of these humans, the past showing what man can do to mermaids when they become disliked and hated. They also know they must survive; they may be blood thirsty but there is a reason. Human blood makes a mermaid's immortality last, which is why the old generation had died. They face the problem of staying in the water to live a limited life or venturing on land in their human form.
But mermaids have their own fearful legends of what life on land is like. The feared warmth of fire and sun that can dry a mermaid out and cause death. The problem of the moon, which forces them into their true form. And most foreign and nightmarish to them - loving a human and giving their kiss away. Kissing a human will give them the ability to breathe underwater, but to love a human and kiss them will mean the end of their immortality forever. However there is a hidden magic of a mermaid's kiss to the human. The lover being able to turn to a merperson to stay with their mermaid to the end of their days together.

Format

Major Characters:

Name -
Age -
Species -
Gender -
Personality -
Appearance -
Hair:
Eyes:
Skin:
Tail: (any color, but they tend to want to blend into the ocean so usually darker colors)
Other:
Other - (history and whatnot, if you'd like to add it in)

Minor Characters:

Name -
Age -
Gender -
Relation to Which Major Character -
How They Are Related -
Role - (impact to your plot or to Whitecap as a whole, such as if they work/live there or are just visiting)

The Rules PLEASE READ IN DETAIL
- May I ask each writer make a guy and girl? Obviously the girl will be your mermaid, but you can also have a human girl for added drama (this will require you to make three charries). Just so everyone has a match up.
- Mermaids are very protective of their immortality. They will not give it away so easily, so this is a REAL tough decision for 'em. So don't just do a 'let's run away together because i love you soooooo much' deal. once again: love is foreign, nightmarish, and scary to a mermaid.
- Guys, be nice and don't Power Play the kiss onto the mermaid. This is her choice, not yours.
- The big secret of mermaid-um can be told. Guys, please react normally, not just 'oh that's pretty...'
- obviously the moon rule doesn't apply if its a new moon, but it ain't going to be a new moon every night. This leads to time apart from guy and mermaid. Leads to interactions with other characters (such as those human girls, family, friends, other mermaids, etc). PLEASE don't just end the day with their separation and start up again in the morning with them meeting again. Mix it up a bit, don't just ping pong between two characters. Make this world, you know, interesting
- Speaking of family and friends, if you know the girl's a mermaid, guys, and she offers the kiss, make this a hard decision on your part as well. Once again, try for realistic. If you even want to play a family member, or want someone else to, feel free to add in minor characters or ask other writers to play them for added effect!
- AT LEAST THREE SENTENCES A POST. <-- Important. You don't follow, you're character's getting some bad voodoo sent their way. If you persist at least five times, I'm gonna...do something bad...
- Love at first sight? Please... Back to the love being nightmarish? No matching up with the first guy you meet, mermaids. Unless you meet some other guy for a while, then go back to the first.
- Fear of fire, the moon rule, and the blood lust applies to ever mermaid. No exceptions.
- Murder in the air? Maybeeeeeee.... this be a warning of possible blood and gore to minor characters. Want to kill off a major character then feel free to do so for your characters, but ask if it applies to someone else's characters. Killing off a character requires you to make another, however, if you kill your mermaid or guy.
- and idk if I need to say this, but mermaids' true form will come out with contact to water. Not like...a glass of water or rain but like...a dip in a pool. So they're cautious of large amounts of water around humans as well.

That's all, my friends! Have fun!

Last edited by Black&White on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 pm; edited 9 times in total
Black&White
Black&White

http://blackandwhite1020.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Whitecap Bay Empty Re: Whitecap Bay

Post by Echo Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Name - Ariana
Age - 17
Species - Mermaid
Gender - Female
Personality - Reserved, calm, collected, cool-headed, goes with the flow and generally doesn't worry
Appearance -
Hair: Dark brown, slightly wavy, hangs to her mid-back
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Very pale
Tail: Blueish-green
Other: N/A
Other - N/A

Do you want me to make a human, too, or is this fine?
Echo
Echo
Winter Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:21 pm

I want to join but am lacking creativity at the moment...If you don't mind I'll make charries later..
Bells
Bells

http://www.daughtersofdarkness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:14 pm

added some rulezzzzzz. please read. Smile
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:14 pm

Name - Sapphire
Age - 17
Species - Mermaid
Gender - Female
Personality - Sarcastic when she does talk, which isn't often. She's pretty shy and avoids conversation on all levels, is easy to get angry but also calms down just as fast. She's scared of the humans like most and is hesitant about going on land but knows she has to.
Appearance -
Hair: Long brown hair with little streaks of blue in it. Looks soft and silky.
Eyes: ...Sapphire blue...
Skin: Tanish, that color between pale and tan.
Tail: (any color, but they tend to want to blend into the ocean so usually darker colors) Dark color between purple and blue..
Other: She has a small tattoo of a golden star on her shoulder, she thought it was kinda neat and rebellious.
Other - (history and whatnot, if you'd like to add it in)

I'll make the guy in a minute.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Name - David
Age - 16
Species - human
Gender - Male
Personality - Kind funny nice angry and deadly in a fight
Appearance - brown hair green eyes 6 foot 2 in
Hair: brown
Eyes: green
Skin: caucasian
Tail: Don't have one, is human

Last edited by condog on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Name - Anat
Age - 17
Species - mermaid
Gender - F
Personality - rather timid and shy, careful and cautious around humans at first. becomes more outgoing once she gets to know someone more.
Appearance -
Hair: auburn, slightly wavy to her shoulder blades. Cut in layers, parted on the side
Eyes: bright green
Skin: fair, slightly freckled.
Tail: dark red at her hips, fading to black at her fins
Other: n/a
Other - n/a

Name - Aiden
Age - 20
Species - human
Gender - M
Personality - kind, strong willed, quick thinking
Appearance -
Hair: Dirty blonde hair, longer, straight
Eyes: brown/hazel
Skin: tanned, very freckled
Tail: n/a
Other - came to Whitecap for school, at the marine lab. Stays with his aunt, the owner of the Inn, and helps her out when he's not at the labs.

Name - Shannon
Age - 17
Species - human
Gender - F
Personality - smart alec, sassy, and sarcastic but it hides insecurity and unsureness
Appearance -
Hair: Pin straight dark brown hair, cut shorter with a side bang to the left
Eyes: blue
Skin: fair, very freckled
Tail: n/a
Other - has lived in Whitecap her whole life, has heard all of the legends of the place.

Name - Anne
Age - 45
Gender - F
Relation to Which Major Character - Aiden
How They Are Related - Aunt
Role - The Whitecap Inn Owner

Name - Phil
Age - 56
Gender - M
Related to Which Major Character - any that visit the Marine Lab
How They Are Related - see role. depends on the character
Role - The caretaker and person in charge at the Marine Lab, boss for any student working there.

Last edited by Black&White on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:29 pm

(When can we start?)
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Jacky wants to make some charries, see if anyone else wants to join and then we can.

you're guy is sort of young compared to us, con...just saying.
and i'm going to have to love this word again... RULES...please. Smile
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravyn Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Name - Talise
Age - 18
Species - Mermaid
Gender - F
Personality - Slightly manic and unpredictable, bold, headstrong. But she's hard to describe since she doesnt really stay in any one frame of mind for long.
Appearance -
Hair: Long, pin straight, black.
Eyes: Deep blue flecked with lighter blue and silver.
Skin: Pale
Tail: Black, tinged with deep blue
Other: Nope
Other - Nope

Name - Hunter
Age - 19
Species - Human
Gender - M
Personality - Cocky, occasionally flirtatious, has a temper and enjoys picking fights, unafraid of pain. Has a protective streak and is very caring once you get past his tough-guy exterior. A bit of a punk.
Appearance -
Hair: Short, spiky black, dyed bright crimson on one side. (so like, half black half red)
Eyes: Dark brown, almost appear black.
Skin: Pale
Tail: N/A
Other: Snakebites, barbell in his left eyebrow, double pierced ears.
Other - Rebellious, got in trouble at home and was kicked out of a few different schools. Lives for the moment and doesnt care too much about the past or future. As a result, he frequently gets into trouble. His parents couldnt deal with him so they shipped him off to live with his aunt and uncle in Whitecap for a bit.

Lemme know if i need to change anything.

Ravyn
Ravyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Name - "Romy" (her real name is Rosemary, but she absolutely hates it. She won't respond to anything but Romy.)
Age - 17
Species - mermaid
Gender - gal
Personality - timid, but curious enough that she can sometimes get into trouble.
Appearance -
Hair: strawberry blonde, large waves down to her mid-back
Eyes: pale green
Skin: very pale
Tail: amber around her hips, which fades down to dark red
Other:

Name - Casper
Age - 18
Species - human
Gender - dude
Personality - He's kind, but tends to keep to himself. An artsy fellow that easily opens up, if you just go say 'hi'.
Appearance -
Hair: sandy brown curls
Eyes: hazel
Skin: average caucasian
Other: He lives an average laid-back life in the town, working at a local fish n chips resteraunt

Name - Buck
Age - late 30's
Gender - guy
Relation to Which Major Character - Casper
How They Are Related - he's Casper's boss
Role - oversees everything that happens near the fish n chips joint

Name - Isabella (Izzy)
Age - 6
Gender - gal
Relation to Which Major Character - Casper
How They Are Related - his little sister
Role - she's a curious spectator to things that go on around the island. It's a small town and everyone knows her, so she's pretty much allowed to roam free.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Black&White wrote:Jacky wants to make some charries, see if anyone else wants to join and then we can.

you're guy is sort of young compared to us, con...just saying.
and i'm going to have to love this word again... RULES...please. Smile

Why what did I do wrong?
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:38 pm

the first one? making a mermaid and a guy? but you don't have to if you don't want to. Winter said that she wouldn't make a guy if you didn't, to balance it out.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:17 pm

(Would that be ok? I only really use one female character ever and thats because she is really developed)
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:21 pm

always good to practice, but whatever you want. I'm fine with that solution.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Name - Riley Brown
Age - 17
Species - Human
Gender - Male
Personality - Riley is sarcastic, loud, and outgoing. When around his friends he can be rude but when they aren't around he can be pretty nice and a little less noticeable. He seems to act differently around different people, trying to please everyone. When his friends aren't around he tends to go hiking and read, more quiet things that don't seem to fit his public person.
Appearance -
Hair: Copper colored shaggy hair, his mom will get onto him for it when it will get in his eyes but its the length that is popular these days and he refuses to cut it.
Eyes: A beautiful grayish blue.
Skin: A slight tan, more red than anything else.
Other: Riley is pretty much your typical jock. He hangs with his friends when he isn't practicing or playing some sport. He has the over barring parents who expect him to be the perfect athlete and get the best grades. He often tries to sneak off and be alone but doesn't manage it very often. He seems to date lots of girls, has been faithful to all of them. He is never the one to break off the relationship without a reason. Most of the time its because he wanted a serious relationship and the girls didn't. His friends make fun of him for it.

Last edited by Bells on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Anat
I open bright green eyes to the shifting light filtering through the water, morning coming over the horizon as my hair sways in the current around me. My sisters are around me, sleeping in the small caverns of rock the cliff offers beneath the waves, the jagged rocks that the lighthouse warns of above them as the light cycles around again, losing strength as the sun rises. Carefully, i wriggle out of my space and swim up to the surface, hiding against a rock to see if any humans were on the beach today. Though I wouldn't know the first thing of making them come to the sea.
No one is present though, too early for them still though a few fishing boats are starting to leave. But their metal hulls are too strong to break, no hope of sinking one. I purse my lips, disappearing beneath the waves again. What a predicament for all of us. The few remaining mermaids.

Aiden
"And did you change that lightbulb I couldn't reach on the staircase?" Aunt Anne asks me, bustling through the kitchen and getting some breakfast ready for the guests.
I grab my bag on the chair and nod with a slight smile. "Yes. And updated the website for you too." I look over at the oven clock and she follows my gaze.
"Alright. Anything else, I'll tell you tonight. Go ahead." She waves me off with a kitchen towel, turning back to the eggs on the stove.
"Thanks, Aunt Anne, See you then," i murmur with a slight wave, heading for the door to walk to the marine laboratory across town. Not that that was such a long walk.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:02 am

Sapphire sat quietly letting her hair float between her fingers as she attempted to pull it into a tie. The mess was annoying her half-to-death and she was about to go get something to hack it all off. A pleased smile fell to her lips as all the hair finally agreed to the imprisonment of the hair tie and she let it go. Her eyes rose to a black shape crossing the top of the water and she swam up a little, not daring to go to the surface. Tracking it with her eyes she sighed knowing nothing would happen if she tried to wreck that boat. Sighing I rose the little distance between me and the surface, peeking my head out to consider the land.

Riley stared ahead of him, sweat dripping down his face as his eyes fell determinedly on the net. Letting the ball fall from his hands to the floor of the gym he ran forward, smoothly avoiding his teammates before easily landing the ball in the net. Coach sounded the whistle and all the guys gathered around him.
"Man Riley!" Ari complained slapping a hand on Riley's back as one of the players ran off to get the ball. "With you on the team again this year we aren't going to get any girls, there all gonna be fallin' all over you like last year."
Riley grinned and started towards where his water bottle sat on the bench. "Well, you can always claim All-stars best friend, chicks seem to dig that."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:04 am

Name - Ari
Age - 17
Gender - Male
Relation to Which Major Character - Riley
How They Are Related - Best Friend
Role - He tags along with Riley almost everywhere, barely ever seen apart in public. He lives down the street from Riley.
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:20 pm

1Name: Harper
Personality: chill, laid back but fierce when she wants to be.
Apperance:
Hair: Platinum blonde, long and wavy, with brown streaks
Tail: Coral with deep red
Eyes: Green-blue

Name: Ryan
Personality: Quiet, keeps to himself
Apperance:
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Deep brown
Other: He was raised as an orphan
Banshee
Banshee

http://www.badgerofthebarricades.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacky K. Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Romy
I relaxed against the cavern rocks, drowsily listening to the lull of ocean currents and watching sprinkles of light dance in the water. My mind was elsewhere. Daydreaming. Then a flicker of red caught my eye, and I faded to reality. Hmm...my tail twitched a little, and suddenly I launched off my rock and wriggled through a gap in the cavern. I was practiced at doing this without making a sound. I flicked up to Anat's side. "Humans?" I asked.
Jacky K.
Jacky K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Official time for this chat right now!

Beginning of June, present day, its a Saturday today. College kids would be out of school, high schoolers still in, though, but only for a few more days. Course any vacationers would already be out for the summer.
and it's a small-ish community. any kids from Whitecap would probably know each other, or at least know names of people around town.

reminder to self: reserving spots for Momo and Ende to join.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Stark Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:29 pm

David:
I stand up and wipe some blood from the corner of my mouth. "Ow" I say rubbing my head. I suddenly remembered the beating I had gotten last night and the pain doubled in my skull. I stood up on the sandy shore of the beach. I leaned forward and vomited on the sand. "Ugh, note to self never make fun of a quarterbacks hair again" I mutter as I walk away.
Stark
Stark

Back to top Go down

Post by Bells Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:40 pm

"I guess that could work." Ari said rubbing his neck. "Ah, that's not for a few months anyway." He gave Riley a hopeful look. "Going to softball practice today?"
Riley groaned, "I thought that was cancelled so us basketball players could make sure we weren't getting rusty out of season."
Ari smirked, "Nope. Coach will kill you if you skip another practice. You're already in for laps."
Riley sighed and grabbed his towel, tossing it over his shoulder. "I guess I'm coming."
Bells
Bells

Back to top Go down

Post by Black&White Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Shannon
I walk through the empty high school, my cleats clicking on the linoleum floors with my softball bag over my shoulder and my cap under my arm. At least it was cool out. Whitecap was always nice for a sea tinted breeze through the town and a gentle fog to block the harsher side of summer in the morning.
Black&White
Black&White

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next