the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Hawks

Go down

The Black Hawks Empty The Black Hawks

Post by Purple Dragon Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:20 am

Okay, here's the Prologue to my book- opinions anyone?

I got up, and charged the mysterious brown-haired man, clutching
both of my swords. “If I could just hold them off for a little longer. Just
enough for everyone else to get away.” I thought.
Yet, I knew it was helpless. Me, Nathan Parr, the best warrior in Jorka Village, was about to be defeated, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Who were these guys? What do they want? Why are they doing this?!

These thoughts raced through my head as I was thrown backwards, landing roughly against a tree and hitting my head.
My vision started to go blurry, and I couldn’t bring myself to move. Got to get up, got to protect the others. Yet, I couldn’t. Couldn’t move, couldn’t do anything except glance around stupidly and wait to pass out.

Then, she came. A blonde woman, with piercing green eyes jumped into the fight, and starting knocking down the invaders. I saw her throw daggers, and hit men with deadly accuracy in the throat, heart, you name it, and she could throw it there. The force dropped like flies, and the woman was a blur as she went through quick fighting movements.

Then the brown-haired man, the leader of the invasion force, call for retreat. The woman didn’t follow him; instead she stood there yelling curses at them that included words I’d never even heard of before. I stashed those helpful swears into my brain, and then saw her turn her back on the small unknown army.

I wanted to get up and ask her so many questions. Out of the fifty men that raided my home village, only about seven had escaped. I saw her turn those green eyes on me, the she ran off, without a word. I tried calling out to her, but all that came out was a pathetic moan that sounded more like “Graaagh” instead of “Wait!” Then darkness consumed my senses, the image of the woman forever burned into my memory.

There you go, the very start to my book idea "the Black Hawks" *cue dramatic music*
Purple Dragon
Purple Dragon

Back to top Go down