the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Coffee Shop Romance

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Coffee Shop Romance Empty A Coffee Shop Romance

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:03 pm

This is Kal and Kelony's story. Kal and Kelony met in the chatbox and have been weathering life together since then. As of late, we decided to develope their stories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Kelony Tanner
Looks: A Coffee Shop Romance Images11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelony was shoving through the crowds of the every day rush that plagued the streets of New York. She was desperate to get to The Coco Bean, she needed a pick me up. She had gotten exactly two hours of sleep the night before and was now ready to die. She had been at Julliard until midnight, then had gone home and done her homework until four and was up again at 6:30. She finally found her way to The Coco Bean and stood in line, dead on her feet.

Back to top Go down

A Coffee Shop Romance Empty Re: A Coffee Shop Romance

Post by Avery Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:06 pm

Name: Kalkaia Pierce
Looks: Kalkaia stands at around 6'3" with a lean, toned body. He has coppery skin and a lot of callouses from working. His hair is slightly shaggy and deep black, hanging slightly in his eyes and over his ears. He had mossy, bright green eyes that are carefully guarded, not letting any emotion show through. He's a very handsome boy, in all, but he doesn't care about how he looks. He has bright white teeth and high cheekbones highlighted when he smiles, though it's a rare occurence. Sometimes, he throws smirks or crooked grins, but he never shows real happiness.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Kal held his black coffee in his hands, rolling the cut back and forth. He was sitting as a small booth, with one other seat open in the packed cafe. His eyes were locked on the t.v. that was constantly playing broadway shows, but he wasn't really focused. He was more focused on te smell of his coffee and on why this place was so packed at 6:30 in the morning. he had been here for an hour or so, just to get his seat and do some work, but it had gotten filled so quickly that he hadn't even been able to comprehend.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Kelony got her irish cream toffee mocha late and spotted a seat that no one had taken. "Mind if I sit here?" she asked the boy that sat there alone (Kal). She glanced at the TV, her face appearing on the screen. She hoped no one saw that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Kal looked from the girl to the TV screen and made a quick connection, nodding. "Yeah, I mind," he said coldly. He didn't want some stupid actress sitting with him. They were all just bimbos. He wanted to at least sit with someone who was a bit educated. A kindergarden kid might work. He glanced back at his laptop blankly, sighing quietly.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:32 pm

"Great," Kelony said with a fake smile and sat down anyway, slumping slightly as her body complained about her sleep schedual. She ran a hand through her hair, pretending he wasn't there as she sipped her coffee. Last thing she needed was some asshole on her back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Kal ignored the girl for the most part, typing quietly on his laptop. He had a thesis paper due in two days and he was only just starting. Twenty pages wasn't a fun number to write and he wasn't sure if he was going to get it done. He took a large drink of coffee and smiled a tiny bit as he got an instant message. He was so glad that he didn't have and classes today.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Kelony sighed and glanced over at him. "What are you working on?" She asked after a moment, clutching her coffee as if it was a line. Her eyes held the tiredness and stress that awaited her the rest of the day, but her lips held a small kind smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:35 am

Kal noticed something different about this girl when she asked him the question. She looked more... Vulnerable, but it may have been something else causing a shadow effect. Maybe is was exhaustion, maybe it was something else, but she looked gentle. Kal quickly snapped from his appraising thoughts and looked at her, his eyes glinting under the dim lights of the cafe. "A thesis paper," he said acidicly, but his voice held no conviction to the malice. Quickly, he jotted down his name and number on a small piece of paper, keeping it under his laptop. "So, Broadway, huh?"
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:31 am

Kelony blushed and gave a small nod, glancing down at her coffee. "Or at least trying to be on it anyway. I go to school at Julliard..." She quickly took a drink of the hot coffee in her hand, seeming to relax a little more as the warm liquid ran through her, the caffien awakening her senses. "I really wish they wouldn't paste my face all over like that. It's actually kind of embaressing." She looked back up at him and offered another small smile. "What's your paper on?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:31 am

"It's a paper on whether or not Freud's theories were legitimate enough to be followed today and how they might still work," he said, looking down at his laptop. "I'm a psychology major," he added, throwing her a small smile. "And it's not a bad thing that your face is all over. It's kinda cute," he said. Then he paused, checking his watch. He had to clean and meet his mom for brunch. "Anyway, I need to head out, but hopefully I might see you again," he said, standing and leaving the table. Where his laptop had been was the little piece of paper with his name and number carefully written out.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:08 am

Kelony watched him leave and then looked over and saw the paper and grinned. She slid it off the counter and into her hand and looked it over carefully before she pulled out her phone and typed the number in and saved it.

Frued was a nutter. She texted and then left the coffee shop, running to the studio. It was going to be a long day.

That evening, Kelony got done with her practice at about five. She sat down on the steps outside the theater and leaned agaisnt the bars that served as railings and tried to not fall asleep. It was harder than it looked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Kal saw the text a few hours later and laughed quietly to himself. She had taken it. He was thrilled to say the least, which was odd for him. He had never met a girl like that in such an odd manner. He was kinda excited that she had texted him, too. He flipped open his keyboard and decided to test his luck.

What are you doing?

He shut the keyboard and set the phone on his table, trying not to stare at it while he waited for a reply. He didn't want to seem like he cared too much. After all, she was just a girl he had met in a coffee shop.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Kelony jumped as her phone went off. She looked around, blinking as she noticed she had fallen asleep for a few minutes. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and grinned when she saw it was coffee shop boy. Kal, was what the note said.

Waiting for Able to pick me up. I got evicted from my apartment so he's letting me stay with him and his boyfriend tonight.

It wasn't until after she hit send that she wondered why she told him all that. She then shrugged and decided it was from being so tired. She ran a hand through her short, multi-colored hair and sighed, the sigh gradually turning into a yawn. She hoped he showed up soon, it was almost dark and New York was not a friendly place at night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:29 pm

Kal read over the note several times, his eyes thoughtful. She was staying with some gay guy and his boyfriend. He couldn't quite place the feeling, but maybe it was sympathy. Was he feeling sympathetic toward her? He wasn't sure why. He never felt that way. It was kind of a nice change.

Well if you ever need a ride, just let me know. He texted back, wondering what had gotten into his brain. Ask him yesterday and he'd never offer that.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Kelony looked at her phone and bit her lip, debating if she should ask. She saw a guy on the corner and decided it was better to just ask instead of wait for Able who always was late.

Actually....do you mind giving me a ride to the coffee shop? It's getting dark and I don't trust outside the theater....

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Sure, I'll be over in a few. Kal texted, not hesitating to get into his car and head over to the theatre. Maybe they coulde hang out a little if she wasn't busy. She probably was, though. She was an actress, probably always busy. Finally, he pulled up in front of the theatre, rolling down the passenger side window. "Hey," he smiled to her.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Kelony jumped slightly, her eyes flying open again. Had she really fallen asleep? She saw Kal and smiled as she pushed herself off the steps and walked over, her large kaki bag in tow. "Hey to you," she said leaning on the open window. Her eyes sparkled a little playfully, but also held the tiredness of the day. "Care to give a girl a ride?" She asked with a small grin. She didn't know why she felt so flirty around him, but she liked it. It was a nice change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:47 pm

"Not at all," Kal said with a small smile as she got into his car. He cranked up the heat, letting it flood the car. He wondered what it smelled like in here, probably him, as odd as it was. He normally didn't fret about those kind of things, but he found himself doing it more. "To the coffee shop?" He asked, coking his head slightly.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:51 pm

"Yes, I need a pick-me-up." Kelony said as she shut the door and looked over at him with a small smile. "Thanks for this, really. It means a lot. I don't know what's gotten into Able, he's never this late. Five minutes, sure. But I've been out there almost half an hour." She fought back a yawn and relaxed into the seat. "Anyway, how is your Thesis paper coming?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Kal sighed, glancing at the laptop in the back of his car. He had gotten half way done by the time he had come to pick her up, so he was making progress. "It's coming along," he said, nodding. "And it's no problem," he said. He started toward the coffee shop and was there in a few minutes, parking the car and getting out, only to open her door for her. Wait, what?! He didn't do things like that!
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Kelony smiled and tugged her bag along that carried all her belongings. It wasn't a very big bag, just a side satchle that looked as though it could hold school books and that was it. "Want something to drink? I'll pay," she started towards the coffee shop door, expectantly waiting for him to follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 am

Kal followed after her with a small smile and then shook his head, putting a hand on her arm. "Please, let me pay," he said, his voice more guarded, though emotional. He was showing a side of him that not even his exes had seen. He never showed this much emotion around any girl... Except for his mother. He normally kept himself very guarded, distant from the girls he hung out with because he knew what would happen in the end. He would find a new girl and have to break someone elses heart. Emotional attatchments never made that easy. The only girl he had ever really loved was Arcadian. She was the hardest to split with, but it was definitely for the best. They almost had nothing in common and she was too busy back home to hang out with him anymore. He was glad that it was mutual, no one person bitter, because he wasn't sure if he could live like that.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:27 am

Kelony blushed slightly at his touch and smiled, giving a small nod. "Alright, but next time I pick up the tab." She pointed at him with a skinny finger, her brow raised pointedly. She grinned and turned back to the chasier and ordered her Toffee Irish Cream Mocha Late and then waited for him to be done. She glanced around the Coco Bean, trying her hardest not to yawn, which was easier said then done. She looked back at Kal, wondering why she was so flirtatious. She never was this way around boys, mostly because boys always end up hurting you. But for some reason she felt like Kal was different. She knew this was probably a big misconception, but figured she'd just go a long with it, take a risk for once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Kal grinned, looking down at her and ordering his own black coffee then spiking it with cinnamon sugar and a tiny bit of milk. He paid quickly and lead her to the table they had been at earlier. He sat down and smiled at her again. "Tell me a little bit more about youself, Broadway," he said, his smile widening into a grin.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next