the Character Chat Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Coffee Shop Romance

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Coffee Shop Romance - Page 2 Empty Re: A Coffee Shop Romance

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Kelony grinned at him and glanced down at her coffee. "Well, my name is Kelony, but I think I like Broadway better," she looked back up at him with a playful smile. "I live here in New York, full time student at Julliard, and now I work on Broadway..." She shrugged. "I got evicted from my house because my stepdad said I needed to learn to live on my own...and my real dad is on a sabatical in Australia with his boyfriend so I can't exactly live with him." She stared back at her coffeee, tucking a stay lock of hair behind her ear. "I have at cat named Tugger, and a goldfish named Mimi and," she let her sentance trail off, her lips puckering slightly as her face screwed up in thought. "My favorite color is red and I met this really awesome stranger today. I don't know, some weirdo in a coffee shop." She shrugged and glanced up at him again grinning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:43 pm

Kall nodded, his smile turning into an easy grin. "That stranger probably is a weirdo. I wouldn't hang out with him too much... I hear that he keeps thinking about you... It's a little bit weird. The funny thing is, though, I met a stranger, too... And I've been having a hard time keeping my mind off of her." He paused, his grin softening. "I'd like to formally make you aqquantaince, Broadway. My name is Kalkaia, otherwise known as creepy stanger."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Kelony blushed slightly when he said that he had been thinking about her. "It's nice to meet you," she couldn't help the small giggle that escaped her at his last statement. "Do you mind if I call you Kal?" She looked at him hopefully. "And you've been thinking about me? Really?" She seemed shocked, as if she would have never thought that anyone would ever give her a second thought. In all reality, that was exactly what she thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Kall shrugged and then chuckled quietly. "Call me whatever you want, Broadway," he said, dropping a wink at her. "Well... I guess some things are off limits, like douche bag or asshole, but otherwise," he said, chuckling again and then sipping at his coffee. "And yeah, I have been thinking about you... But I swear, it's not in a creepy way," he said. "I promise."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Kelony smiled as she watched him, blushing slightly as she looked back at her coffee. "Oh, I've never...never had someone think about me before," she blushed a little more at the statement. "I mean....why would anyone want to?" She said, sounding more like she was thinking out loud than anything. She glanced up at him, and gave a small smile, her eyes slightly startled as if she just realized he was there. "So, you're a psyc major right? What are you going to do with your degree?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:34 am

"Probaby something to do with counseling or working in schools. I don't really know yet. I still have a lot of time left to work until I get my masters degree.." Kal grinned, but it had a hint of tiredness in it, making him appear a bit older than 18. Sometimes, he was mistaken for someone who was in their mid twenties, because of how tired her looked or the distance that colored his eyes. "And I was thinking about you because... Well, you're different."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:54 am

Kelony nodded thoughtfully as she listened to and then glanced up when he mentioned her. "I am?" She asked, blinking as once again she was caught in an unknowing state. "I didn't know that," she said as she took a sip of her coffee. "I just thought was weird."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Kal shrugged. "Definitely different, but I like it. You're not a cookie cutter girl, like the one's I'd normally go after," he said. After realizing the words had left his mouth, he paused. He didn't just tell her that he was going after her, did he? Now she would definitely think he was weird. Er, more weird than she already thought.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:04 pm

Kelony stared at her coffee as she processed what he was telling her. He was "going after" her? Does that mean he was pressuing a relationship? What the heck did that mean? She opened her mouth to say something and then jumped when her phone went off playing a piece from My Sassy Gay Friend. She glanced at the phone and hit ignore before tossing it back into her bag. She looked back at him and gave a small smile. "So...you don't mind that I'm not cookie cutter huh?" She wondered what that made her, and what a cookie cutter girl was. "What's so different about me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:08 pm

"The first and most obvious thing was that I was a complete assto you this morning and you returned fire back at me. Most of the time, girls just blush, nod, and then walk away. You asked me about myself. Most of the time, I have to throw information out, just to have the girls agree instantly. You don't seem like a fame hog, either, humbled by your face being on the tv instead of pointing it out. I just like it," Kal said with a quick shrug.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Kelony blushed slightly and shrugged. "Any relatively sane person would do the same," she said and glanced down at her now empty coffee. She sighed, a slight pout coming to her lips. It was a sad thought to be out of coffee. "So, do you have your own apartment around here or are you still with 'the rents?'" She asked curiously with a playful smile, hoping to get the conversation away from her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:20 pm

"I live in a little pent house," Kal said. "Near the north side." He thought back to his house. it was pretty small, but it was cozy and he had a good view of the city skyline, which he had always loved. he had never grown up with it, though, living in rural Massachussetts.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:27 pm

Kelony smiled, fighting back a yawn. "I bet it's great. Do you like living on you own?" She was curious about it, seeing as how she had never really been on her own. Her phone went off again, this time playing the theme music from Crocadile Dundee. Her eyes lit up and she dug for her phone frantically. "Hold on, I really have to take this it's my dad and I haven't heard from him in weeks." She finally found it and quickly answered, scrambling out of the booth with a wide grin on her face. "Hey Dah!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Kal nodded, sitting back and finishing up his coffee, quickly getting up and buying a new one. As he took a sip of it, he burned his tongue and jumped slightly. For some reason, though, he couldn't keep his eyes off of Broadway. She was so... Animated.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Kelony proceeded to tell her father about all the things that had happened over the last month. Everything from getting the part of Mimi in the production of Rent at the begining of the month straight down to getting evicted and Kal. It was a mirical she managed to keep the phone by her ear, seeing as how she talked with her hands when she was talking to her dad. By the end of the conversation she was beaming happily, nodding at the phone as if her dad could see her. "Ok," she said with a yawn. "I can do that. Ya...i know where it is. Thanks so much. Oh, I'll tell him." She grinned even wider and giggled. "Alright, love you to Dah. Tell Mark I said hi. Alright, bye!" She hung up and walked back over, radiating happiness. "Sorry, I just don't get to talk to him that often," she told Kal with a slight blush.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Kal nodded sympathetically. "I completely understand. I haven't talked with my mother in almost six months. We haven't had enough time to talk. She emails me sometime, but I miss her voice." She needs me, Kal thought to himself. After his father was killed in the war, he didn't know how to handle himself, but he knew he had to put her first. Over a year had passed since, but he still worried about her.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Kelony smiled warmly at him as she put her hand on his, not even realizing what she was doing. "I'm sure she misses your voice too...want to call her? I have unlimited minutes, you can use my phone if you want to." She pulled her phone from her bag and offered it to him with a small, hidden yawn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:52 pm

Kal suddenly looked slightly nervous as she offered him her phone. "Oh! No, no, I couldn't," he said quietly, shaking his head. He was afraid to hear her again and also, though he was slightly ashamed to admit it, he had lost her phone number.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:56 pm

"You sure?" Kelony asked, hiding yet another yawn. The tiredness started to mix with her happiness which was slowly falling back into normal levels. "I mean I don't mind, but if you don't want to, that's cool too. You can call her when you get home I guess." She started to put the phone away, her eyes drooping slightly. "Oh, Gaia I'm going to pass out here soon if Able doesn't show up." She gave a small smirk and looked at him. "You just might have to dump me in an alleyway."

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:00 pm

"Too bad I don't know you better, or I'd offer you he guest room in my little apartment. I wouldn't dump you in an alley, though." Kal grinned a little and looked down. "I can drive you to his place if you want," he said quietly. "It's not a big deal."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:04 pm

Kelony shook her head with another yawn. "I don't know where he lives, otherwise I would have walked there." She gave a small smile and stood, sorting through her bag and pulling out her keys. "I wonder..." she flipped through the small bunch of keys, her face lighting up as she clung to one of them with a heart print on it. "Mark gave me this before they left!" She looked over at him and bit her lip. "Mind driving me to my dad's summer house?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Kal shrugged. "Where is your dad's summer home?" He asked, cocking his head slightly. As long as it wasn't across the country, then he would do it, otherwise it was a little out of the question... But something made him actually consider it thinking about her, too.
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:17 pm

"It's about five blocks from here. I would walk, but I don't think I could make it without falling asleep. It's his...working summer home. His other summer home is down in North Carolina," Kelony said with a small smile. "I'll give you gas money if you'd like." She went to dig through her bag for money, feeling slightly bad for asking him to drive her everywhere, and then he did buy her that coffee...

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Kal nodded, taking another sip of his coffee. "Yeah, I'll bring you," he said quietly. "And you don't need to give me any money," he said, shrugging. "I'm doing this out of the kindness of my heart." He grinned at her and then chuckled quietly. "Which is rare, but plausible," he said. "You're cool."
Avery
Avery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Kelony smiled and gave a small nod. "Ok...mind if we go now before I fall asleep here in the coffee shop?" she asked, biting her lip gently. She yawned again and stood, stretching. "I'm cool?" She asked, the last part of his statement finally reaching her. "Since when?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next